Moparts

A body aftermarket front end choices for the street

Posted By: 68cuda2003

A body aftermarket front end choices for the street - 10/28/14 03:29 AM

I am considering putting an aftermarket front end on my 68 barracuda pro street car. I have looked at Alterkation and Magnum Force. Are there any others to consider? Also, please give me real life experiences. I would like to keep the inner fenderwells and put bigger headers if possible. Please remember this is for a street car that will be run at the strip. Thanks for the input. Ken
Posted By: Super Scamp

Re: A body aftermarket front end choices for the street - 10/28/14 03:55 AM

Quote:

I am considering putting an aftermarket front end on my 68 barracuda pro street car. I have looked at Alterkation and Magnum Force. Are there any others to consider? Also, please give me real life experiences. I would like to keep the inner fenderwells and put bigger headers if possible. Please remember this is for a street car that will be run at the strip. Thanks for the input. Ken [/quote/]
Ken, Bondo Bob ProFab

http://bobsprofab.com/

I use mine for racing only but would work well on the street as well. Spindles are a key to ride height and wheel location I use 2" drop 73/76 disk break spindles from Magnumforce (500) bucks.
with coilover AFCO double adjustable. Good luck!

Attached picture 8313914-000_0010.JPG
Posted By: 74yellowduster

Re: A body aftermarket front end choices for the street - 10/28/14 01:29 PM

hemidenny kit is the best
you can get it manual or power steer, stock height or lowered, qa1 ball joints, etc.

denny will save you some cash

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=259684

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=135839&highlight=hemidenny&page=118
you can see a picture about 3/4 down
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: A body aftermarket front end choices for the street - 10/28/14 01:47 PM

I like my str fab front end. Uses factory spindles and has motor mounts and is available in chromoly.

Re: A body aftermarket front end choices for the street - 10/28/14 01:50 PM

Posted By: hemicop

Re: A body aftermarket front end choices for the street - 10/28/14 09:03 PM

Does "str" have a website?
Posted By: mshred

Re: A body aftermarket front end choices for the street - 10/28/14 10:59 PM

Quote:

Does "str" have a website?

x2

Re: A body aftermarket front end choices for the street - 10/28/14 11:40 PM

Haha website!! No Tory can barly work his smart phone! Lol He has two versions now depending what you want. His email is ToryShellhammer(@)yahoo.com
Posted By: clonestocker

Re: A body aftermarket front end choices for the street - 10/29/14 02:03 AM

Quote:

I like my str fab front end. Uses factory spindles and has motor mounts and is available in chromoly.

Shhhhh Don't tell anybody. I'll never get mine.
Better touch base w/Tory.
Posted By: John Burdine

Re: A body aftermarket front end choices for the street - 10/29/14 06:21 AM

Quote:

Haha website!! No Tory can barly work his smart phone! Lol He has two versions now depending what you want. His email is ToryShellhammer(@)yahoo.com

can you give us a little heads up on cost and options?

Re: A body aftermarket front end choices for the street - 10/29/14 02:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

can you give us a little heads up on cost and options?

They are built to order so what ever you want is possible. Price depends on what you supply but basically in the 2500 ballpark.
Posted By: burdar

Re: A body aftermarket front end choices for the street - 10/29/14 04:49 PM

I've heard nothing but good things about Hemi Denny. He has a mockup of his suspension at the Nat's every year in front of the A-body tent.
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: A body aftermarket front end choices for the street - 10/30/14 02:16 AM

Who, besides Qa-1, makes a lower control arm for an A Body using a stock K Member.??

Also, who makes a steering arm ball joint that bolts to a stock spindle.. (Like a K785 & K787 ball joint)

Chris..

Re: A body aftermarket front end choices for the street - 10/30/14 02:28 AM

Quote:

Who, besides Qa-1, makes a lower control arm for an A Body using a stock K Member.??

Also, who makes a steering arm ball joint that bolts to a stock spindle.. (Like a K785 & K787 ball joint)

Chris..

Tory's steering arm bolts to stock spindles.
Posted By: KOS

Re: A body aftermarket front end choices for the street - 10/30/14 04:04 AM

im interested in purchasing one of Torys kits also but he is very hard to get ahold of right now(moving shop etc).He told me he wont be doin anything until the beginning of the new year.hopefully im one of the first in line
Posted By: mcat4321

Re: A body aftermarket front end choices for the street - 10/30/14 09:37 PM

i have a HDK and i am very happy with it..
© 2024 Moparts Forums