Moparts

R3 dry sump setup

Posted By: cermac

R3 dry sump setup - 10/21/14 12:29 PM

Who's products and where to buy using a six stage pump on 775 hp 72 abody drag car!
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: R3 dry sump setup - 10/21/14 01:10 PM

Peterson has everything you need except the oil pan. You can modify an after market pan to work, depending on what mains you have there was some oil pans for sale on racing junk. For an oil tank you won't need a monsterous one like the circle track stuff, an 8qt should be fine in a drag car.

Hope you don't have the factory K and steering
Posted By: jcc

Re: R3 dry sump setup - 10/21/14 04:24 PM

Sorry if OT, what purpose do the bigger multi gal tanks then serve for circle track, better air separation, more capacity for longer runs, offesetting small leaks, thermal (they already run coolers?), etc?

Re: R3 dry sump setup - 10/21/14 06:28 PM

Not really sure why they do it but some of their tanks are like 20qt capacity... maybe for cornering??
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: R3 dry sump setup - 10/21/14 06:49 PM

More oil means less heat in the oil over a longer period.

AutoVerde and Dailey sell the best pumps IMO. Peterson has some good products as well. I like their tanks for sure.
Posted By: 340_Dart

Re: R3 dry sump setup - 10/21/14 08:07 PM

PM Brett Miller (W5Dart66), he had a few craftsman truck motors that he converted to wet sump. He may have everything you need.

Re: R3 dry sump setup - 10/21/14 11:03 PM

Was looking at Barnes pump,(used). Hardest part is pan. Can't find any used for 340 mains. Will by new but what manufacturer ? Do have a qualified fabricator if need repaired for some reason!

Re: R3 dry sump setup - 10/22/14 12:39 AM

The pans are fairly simple, just make sure you're picking up from the lowest point of the pan. Most just look like a box
Posted By: mafo

Re: R3 dry sump setup - 10/22/14 10:20 AM

If you have stock steering fitting a 6 stage pump will be difficult, I use a moroso 5 stage and relocated it to the right side of the engine
with the stock K member you probably have to make a custom oil pan

Re: R3 dry sump setup - 10/22/14 01:37 PM

We are doing a strut - rack front this winter. Car is alcohol mechanical injection with Ron's toilet. Pump is on drivers side motor plate. Have to mount oil pump on pass side. Pan is biggest decision as there are not many off shelf I can find. All Chevy and Ford as usual!
Posted By: mafo

Re: R3 dry sump setup - 10/22/14 04:08 PM

http://www.stefsperformance.net/stefs-fabrication/products/oil-pans#!prettyPhoto[gallery]/8/

I know they make one, I have one here collecting dust
© 2024 Moparts Forums