Moparts

Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car???

Posted By: Monte_Smith

Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/20/14 08:51 PM

Congratulations to Jason Digby, as he likely owns this title now. At Holly Springs this past weekend, his Dart went 4.66.

600" Predator headed motor, leaf springs, EFI, dry nitrous and on 275 drag radials. If there is a faster small tire leaf Mopar, I don't know who it is

Monte
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/20/14 08:57 PM

DigbyTTF
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/20/14 09:02 PM

Is predators really a Mopar?

Seriously congrats Jason, some nice passes this weekend.
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/20/14 09:15 PM

Monte, do you know if there is more in this car? was this weekend the first time out with latest updates?

Car is bad azz
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/20/14 09:19 PM

Video or it didnt happen lol!

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/20/14 09:19 PM

Digby posted he should have had a50 on one pass and he a only on 1 stage.

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/20/14 09:23 PM

Quote:

Monte, do you know if there is more in this car? was this weekend the first time out with latest updates?

Car is bad azz

It should go faster in the future. This was this "groups" first outing.............I think .50s are easily attainable, but at these ETs the chassis setup is critical and I think the car sits a little high, which will make it want to wheelstand and they were having that issue over the weekend. They get that sorted out, I believe it will be faster. They had a 1.16 sixty foot which is pretty good, but there is a LOT left there as some of the top leaf cars are in the 1.0s on killer tracks.

Still it was a GREAT weekend for Jason and crew. They ran a career best by a ton and the car stayed right there all weekend, as well as going a few rounds in the class they ran

Monte
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/20/14 09:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Car is bad azz

It should go faster in the future. This was this "groups" first outing.............I think .50s are easily attainable, but at these ETs the chassis setup is critical and I think the car sits a little high, which will make it want to wheelstand and they were having that issue over the weekend. They get that sorted out, I believe it will be faster. They had a 1.16 sixty foot which is pretty good, but there is a LOT left there as some of the top leaf cars are in the 1.0s on killer tracks.

Still it was a GREAT weekend for Jason and crew. They ran a career best by a ton and the car stayed right there all weekend, as well as going a few rounds in the class they ran

Monte

Amazing stats from leafs..............
Posted By: cold85

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/20/14 09:36 PM

He could have gone faster just his driver sucked.
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/20/14 09:50 PM

Quote:

HA! curious though, his different did it feel compared to your turbo ladder bar car? Very good work this weekend! Can't wait to see you running again with the turbo mopar
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/20/14 09:53 PM

Quote:

I heard the driver did a GREAT job. Congratulations to you too.

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/20/14 09:54 PM

Quote:

............LOL...........I thought you did a great job Chad in a new to you car. I know that car "feels" different than your turbo deal by a bunch, so you did a good job on the runs I saw.

Monte
Posted By: andy3965

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/20/14 10:10 PM

Monte

They also went a 1.12 and a 1.13 sixty foot on the best two passes. they really believe that they have a very good chance of going some 40's when they get her all sorted out.

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/20/14 11:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

............LOL...........I thought you did a great job Chad in a new to you car. I know that car "feels" different than your turbo deal by a bunch, so you did a good job on the runs I saw.

Monte

U missed my first burn out then I bounced it off the rev limiter a lot . It's not a 358ci turbo lol
Posted By: GY3

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/20/14 11:47 PM

What does the car use for a front suspension?
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/20/14 11:48 PM

Congrats guys

A fast mopar on small tires is like a pink elephant, you are on a island for sure
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/21/14 04:02 AM

The most impressive part of the car......the leafs are 20" stock front segment, everyone else is using the real long front segment, even the GM guys. Congrats to all involved in the car !

Guppy is the next leaf spring car I would expect to see putting up some numbers. Depends on the class, I'm pretty sure x275 is 3250, but im not 100%
Posted By: dagohman

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/21/14 04:22 AM

Quote:

Video or it didnt happen lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOLr933485Q&feature=youtube
Posted By: 572charger

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/21/14 11:58 AM

KILLER!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Dap

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/21/14 01:19 PM

Quote:

KILLER!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. and on a 20" front segment
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/21/14 02:04 PM

He said it weighs 3148# too..

Chris..

Attached picture 8307162-Digby4.66.jpg
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/21/14 02:24 PM

Quote:

Chris..

He took weight out of the car and is 3076 now.
Posted By: TrxR

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/21/14 02:47 PM

Is the motor a 600ci or 670 like the video was saying?
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/21/14 02:49 PM

Congrats!! That's one bad ride!!!

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/21/14 03:00 PM

Quote:

The most impressive part of the car......the leafs are 20" stock front segment, everyone else is using the real long front segment, even the GM guys. Congrats to all involved in the car !

Guppy is the next leaf spring car I would expect to see putting up some numbers. Depends on the class, I'm pretty sure x275 is 3250, but im not 100%

X2
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/21/14 03:37 PM

Impressive!
Posted By: a493demon

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/21/14 05:54 PM

Quote:

Is the motor a 600ci or 670 like the video was saying?

Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/21/14 06:53 PM

Congrats to Jason and the team.
Posted By: cesar perez

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/21/14 07:02 PM

how did he get 670 ci.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/21/14 07:41 PM

Quote:

how did he get 670 ci.

He didn't. See above...it's 610".

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/21/14 09:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

HA! curious though, his different did it feel compared to your turbo ladder bar car? Very good work this weekend! Can't wait to see you running again with the turbo mopar

Not the same lol it moves around more

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/22/14 01:59 AM

Not sure how heavy we were we added a good bit of weight to front
Posted By: John Burdine

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/22/14 03:59 AM

does anyone know that he is running 20" front segment leafs?
caltrack or smiths racecraft?

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/22/14 04:09 AM

yes 20in front.
cal. split mono's
assassin bar's

Posted By: justinp61

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/22/14 02:11 PM

Quote:

yes 20in front.
cal. split mono's
assassin bar's

With sliders.
Posted By: digbyden

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/22/14 05:29 PM

Quote:

Congratulations to Jason Digby, as he likely owns this title now. At Holly Springs this past weekend, his Dart went 4.66.

600" Predator headed motor, leaf springs, EFI, dry nitrous and on 275 drag radials. If there is a faster small tire leaf Mopar, I don't know who it is

Monte

Thank you so much Monte, We are so glad to see it coming around and thanks for your encouragement all along the way, hoping to do some over the winter upgrades and get this thing in the winners circle in FEB in LEAF SPRING…..

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/22/14 05:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Chris..

He took weight out of the car and is 3076 now.

I took a photo as a joke when I went though tech without my doors that showed 3076… We started the weekend at 3148 on the 4.66 pass but added weight throughout the weekend as we were starting to manage the power.. the 2nd round elims it went 1.12 4.67 and that was a .2sec peddle to get it back in shape.. I am gonna say we were at 3175 on that one…we learned a lot for the first time out with a whole new team and I couldn't be more excited...

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/22/14 05:38 PM

Quote:

yes 20in front.
cal. split mono's
assassin bar's

yall are teaching me some stuff, didn't know I had a choice, years ago I just told Calvert to send the splits that would bolt up to stock location for everything… LOL… thanks everyone for the good comments, they final approved me to be on the forum so ask away if you wish...
Posted By: dafixr

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/22/14 10:49 PM

What type of trans is he running, And gear ratio in trans and what rear gear is in it? Estimated HP & how much NOS. 1 or 2 carbs any additional info on engine combination. Looking to change our combo over winter.
Thanks

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/22/14 11:13 PM

Quote:

What type of trans is he running, And gear ratio in trans and what rear gear is in it? Estimated HP & how much NOS. 1 or 2 carbs any additional info on engine combination. Looking to change our combo over winter.
Thanks

EFI 610" Predator headed motor with a tunnel ram and two throttle bodies. One stage of dry nitrous fogger. Pretty sure it has a glide in it, but not sure of ratio

Monte
Posted By: dafixr

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/22/14 11:35 PM

Thanks,
Planning to go to a glide for next year. Coming out in 2nd gear now with the 1.45 gear is good, but think we can go faster with a 1.80 gear. Plus a little lighter too.

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/23/14 12:25 AM

think it's a 400
Posted By: kevinn

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/23/14 12:54 AM

It has a turbo 400 for sure
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/23/14 04:32 AM

Quote:

It has a turbo 400 for sure

Yup

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/23/14 04:50 AM

Wasn't sure........thought it had a glide last time I saw it, but maybe the 2 speed 400 now.

Monte
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/23/14 05:09 AM

Quote:

Wasn't sure........thought it had a glide last time I saw it, but maybe the 2 speed 400 now.

Monte

probably
Posted By: brownout

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/23/14 06:55 AM

pretty impressive glad to see the car getting sorted out with the new combo. Next year we will be coming for that title though Jason with your old b1 heads to boot. good luck getting some faster numbers should see them soon.

cody

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/23/14 03:29 PM

Quote:

pretty impressive glad to see the car getting sorted out with the new combo. Next year we will be coming for that title though Jason with your old b1 heads to boot. good luck getting some faster numbers should see them soon.

cody

Thanks man!! Have you got that bullet together yet???

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/23/14 03:44 PM

Not quite I've changed plans to many times. Now I'm on the right track. Gotta get the rotating assembly balanced get a cam cut and start bolting it together. The car needs a lot too, but next summer is my goal. To bad there is already a lot of good looking black 69 darts out there. Might have to mix it up a little bit. What are you running for a front suspension now?

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/23/14 05:28 PM

Quote:

Not quite I've changed plans to many times. Now I'm on the right track. Gotta get the rotating assembly balanced get a cam cut and start bolting it together. The car needs a lot too, but next summer is my goal. To bad there is already a lot of good looking black 69 darts out there. Might have to mix it up a little bit. What are you running for a front suspension now?

same as always but with Menscer Afcos, Keeping it legal for MMW, has frame rails to the bumper, shocks in stock location, full fire wall and floor pans, it is an old heidts brand that was done 12-15 yrs ago
Posted By: kevinn

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/24/14 03:42 AM

http://youtu.be/ZW3ginIIRUY

more video

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/24/14 06:17 AM

right on the car works great. I actually just picked the block up from the machine shop today. time to get busy again. good luck

cody

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/26/14 12:57 AM

Quote:

right on the car works great. I actually just picked the block up from the machine shop today. time to get busy again. good luck

cody

Good luck Cody, I know you are ready to get it going!!
Posted By: 340B5

Re: Fastest Mopar Leaf Spring Car??? - 10/26/14 01:35 AM

Quote:

http://youtu.be/ZW3ginIIRUY

more video

Beautiful landing on that second pass.
© 2024 Moparts Forums