Moparts

MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th

Posted By: Kindafast

MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/13/14 03:44 AM

Who's going ?
It will be the last time out with my old setup on the Road Runner. I plan on a little rebuild on the 422 and make a change to a blow thru Turbo setup for next year..
Posted By: keefe

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/13/14 04:54 AM

I'll be there spectating.
Posted By: 383man

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/13/14 07:10 AM

I am planning to go with my 63 street car. Was not sure but its looking like I should make it as I dont mind driving the almost 2 hr drive but I need a backup tow in case I break. Ron

Posted By: QuickDart 502

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/13/14 01:14 PM

Ill be there. Going to run the quick 8.

Attached picture 8298739-IMG_41165552454462.jpeg
Posted By: BradH

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/13/14 05:31 PM

Quote:

My plan, also, weather permitting. - Brad
Posted By: JACK1440

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/13/14 06:31 PM

We are planning on going

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/13/14 07:37 PM

I look foward to seeing everybody. It has been a while since we made it to MIR.
Ron I am sure that beast of yours will make the quick 8 .
I just want to make it from one end to the other under the cars own power. I hopefully can enter the show too.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/14/14 03:44 AM

I dont think I would make the quick 8 at 10.70's and I may be lucky if it runs that fast as I have not touched the car since it last ran 10.70's other then oil changes. I am signed up for the NSS race and that should be a ton of fun for me. I figure I can get atleast 3 passes even if I go out in the first round. I just want to have some fun and would like to make a time run against my brothers 64 so I can have someone get a pic of my 63 and his 64 together. Course going rounds always makes me smile but I dont race alot and some of them guys are very good. Heck if it runs 10.80's and dont break I will be happy. I have been considering uncapping it one day so I will see how I feel that day. Ron
Posted By: mosweethemi

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/14/14 03:54 AM

HEY 383 MAN HOPE TO SEE YOU RUN THAT 63 PLYMOUTH . I WILL BE LOOKING AT THE PARTS FOR SALE AND WATCHING RACING . SEE YOU THERE ! A REAL MOPAR MAN !

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/14/14 04:20 AM

Quote:

HEY 383 MAN HOPE TO SEE YOU RUN THAT 63 PLYMOUTH . I WILL BE LOOKING AT THE PARTS FOR SALE AND WATCHING RACING . SEE YOU THERE ! A REAL MOPAR MAN !

Thanks as I look forward to meeting you there. It should be a good time. Ron

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/14/14 01:06 PM

Hey Ron you and I are in the same boat , I have become a first round victim a lot lately. Sad to say not enough seat time . Hope to be able to go a few rounds and blow the cob webs out of the car. Hope for good weather..
Joe
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/14/14 01:19 PM

Keeping my fingures crossed. It seems to be a rain out most years.
Posted By: F1Scamp

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/14/14 01:56 PM

The F.A.S.T. guys will be there. I wouldn't miss a chance to run at this track. I hope to reset the smallblock record, notch it alittle lower. I took another 45lbs out of it since it ran a 10.79, so if the weather is good... Mid-50's and sun, mid-50's and sun.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/14/14 02:34 PM

Got a lot to do to get ready. At VMP I run over a piece of metal and punctured my left rear ET Street so I have to buy another set. Finished up the trans but still have to install the inner fender on the drivers side. AT 173 mph the wind in the grill tried to pull the whole front end off the car. Gonna add 2 more zeus fastners across the hood hoping to take care of that problem.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/14/14 02:35 PM

I know the weather has always been a problem up there. Spent many days watching it rain and hoping it would clear up in time. When it is nice that track hooks and brings out some good numbers.
Posted By: bdaz smblk

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/14/14 10:34 PM

My brother and I both are hoping to make it this year to race.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/15/14 01:05 AM

Good deal let make a huge MOPARTS Showing
Posted By: Dads426

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/15/14 02:48 AM

We will be there, weather permitting.
Posted By: gtsdon

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/15/14 03:00 AM

Plan on taking the Dart and making a few passes.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/15/14 03:46 AM

Quote:

Glad you are going Bubba , It will be good seeing you.
Posted By: gtsdon

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/15/14 03:59 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Glad you are going Bubba , It will be good seeing you.

Thanks Joe, looking forward to a good time with friends.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/15/14 01:42 PM

The quick 8, is it 1/8 or 1/4. I prefer the 1/4 but we had and issue of turbulence in the grill area at 170+ that tried to suck the hood off of the car and wound up cracking the scoop and did some damage to sheet metal under the hood. 10 fastners holding the hood down even at the front corners of the hood. Looks like ill have to put a couple of more across the front as well. We have a an air filter pan for the car that seals the scoop off from the engine compartment so the car only gets fresh air fron the windshield area and it even appeared to have sucked the back of the hood up as well.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/15/14 02:06 PM

Every time I have been up to MIR the quick 8 was 1/4 but not 100% sure. You may want to check with them. Once you get that bad boy dialed in it should be one fast ride.. See you there and we will shoot the breeze for a while.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/15/14 02:27 PM

Quote:

Every time I have been up to MIR the quick 8 was 1/4 but not 100% sure. You may want to check with them. Once you get that bad boy dialed in it should be one fast ride.. See you there and we will shoot the breeze for a while.

What a time for me to give up drinking Joe

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/15/14 06:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

What a time for me to give up drinking Joe

WHAT ????
It's all good , You can watch me drink ..
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/16/14 05:10 AM

This race is on my Radar,it's a 300 mile pull for me. One of my friend that runs a F.A.S.T. car wants to go also

Attached picture 8301761-20140823_134238_resized.jpg

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/16/14 05:16 AM

Quote:

This race is on my Radar,it's a 300 mile pull for me. One of my friend that runs a F.A.S.T. car wants to go also

Come on and make the race Al. It looks about 100% that I am going. So we can have some fun with our 63's if you can make it. I hope to see all of you there and have a ton of fun. Ron

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/20/14 04:40 PM

looks like sunshine and 60's w/ zero chance of precip....
so far.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/20/14 06:05 PM

Quote:

looks like sunshine and 60's w/ zero chance of precip....
so far.

x2...

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/22/14 12:48 AM

I keep looking at the weather channel . I sure hope the good forecast holds up this weekend. Come on Saturday
Posted By: 64Post

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/22/14 01:03 AM

Planning to follow Ron down.

Anybody looking for 64 Dodge/Ply stuff PM me I might have it.
Posted By: Darrell

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/23/14 02:59 AM

Planning on making it, just not sure if I'm bringing my car or not. Haven't been to this show in 3 years but made it 14 years every year before. Weather lQQks great!!

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/23/14 03:12 AM

Hey Darrell , this is Joe, I saw your Cuda the other day..

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/23/14 06:07 PM

Starting to look like we will be there.....

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/23/14 06:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Come on and make the race Al. It looks about 100% that I am going. So we can have some fun with our 63's if you can make it. I hope to see all of you there and have a ton of fun. Ron

Well, I decided not to go to MIR and go to E/town for the "digs" event because it's it's a lot closer. Turns out my granddaughter is getting baptized and I can't go racing

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/23/14 08:10 PM

That's too bad; I was hoping to see your beast run in person for the first time.

Well, have fun at E-town!

EDIT: Also wondering if 440Jim has been absent from here because he's spending his free time thrashing to put the new engine together & in the Dart for this weekend, or if he's decided to just p!ss on it for now and regroup later for next spring.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/24/14 12:14 AM

This year will be a little different for me and the wife at the track. We always come to MIR and stay friday and sat night and go home sunday. This year the race comes on our wedding anniversary so we will be comming up sat morning and leaving pretty early sat evening. That way we can get some camping in too. You got to love a woman that will spend her anniversary at a race track.. Come by and tell Judy she is a real trooper.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/24/14 03:53 AM

Quote:

This year will be a little different for me and the wife at the track. We always come to MIR and stay friday and sat night and go home sunday. This year the race comes on our wedding anniversary so we will be comming up sat morning and leaving pretty early sat evening. That way we can get some camping in too. You got to love a woman that will spend her anniversary at a race track.. Come by and tell Judy she is a real trooper.

Sounds like a "keep-her"

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/24/14 03:55 AM

Quote:

That's too bad; I was hoping to see your beast run in person for the first time.

Well, have fun at E-town!

EDIT: Also wondering if 440Jim has been absent from here because he's spending his free time thrashing to put the new engine together & in the Dart for this weekend, or if he's decided to just p!ss on it for now and regroup later for next spring.

No racing for me at all,reread last post

Attached picture 8310065-20140823_134306_resized.jpg

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/24/14 04:18 AM

Quote:

Starting to look like we will be there.....

Thats good to hear Jack. I hope pop is doing good. I should see you there if you guys make it along with seeing everyone else. Ron

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/25/14 04:06 AM

The weather looks great for tomorrow close to 70* and I heard there was like 12 FAST cars waiting to get in earlier today (Friday),they always put on a great show.

Quote:

Quote:

My plan, also, weather permitting. - Brad

Hey B-Rad ..See you tomorrow, Next year we both will have our cars here right?

Darrell you might as well bring the Arrow with ya
you always do good here,give them guys in mod and street something to stress about..LOL

Hope to see 440Jim and Pretty also

I'll try to stop and say hi to everyone here.
Keefe
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/25/14 04:17 AM

Wish I could make it this year as well with Al to hang in the Early B-gang row, I wanted to loiter with the F.A.S.T gang as well, but intense work related ventures commencing and I'm in the thick of it. You'll will hear about it later next year.

At least my "Brooklyn Dodges" Vice President will be there either in his street driven 72' Duster or street driven 67' Coronet. Say hey to him, his name is Curtis Jr. aka "Glasses" and his Father ace Curtis Sr. aka "Top boy".

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/25/14 06:39 AM

Hi Lee, I was looking forward to seeing you and your (lite weight) coronet. I'll stop and say hi to Curtis and the Brooklyn dodges
Keefe
Posted By: Doug Walker

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/26/14 03:53 AM

383man wrote : " I just want to have some fun and would like to make a time run against my brothers 64 so I can have someone get a pic of my 63 and his 64 together. "

Will this photo work ?

Attached picture 8311848-IMG_8167.jpg

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/26/14 04:18 AM

NICE PHOTO!!
Posted By: mosweethemi

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/26/14 05:05 AM

HELLO I HAD A GREAT TIME AT THE MIR MOPAR CAR SHOW TODAY , REALY LIKE TALKING WITH 383MAN AND I LOVE HIS RED 1963 PLYMOUTH . LOTS OF NICE CARS THERE .THREE OR FOUR A12 CARS ABOUT 14 V CODE CARS THERE DODGE AND PLYMOUTH .I SAW ONE REAL J CODE HEMI CAR. ALSO BUNNY PUT ON A SHOW ,236 MPH .IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL DAY FOR RACING . I HOPE 383MAN WON TODAY (A REAL MOPAR MAN )

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/26/14 06:56 AM

Quote:

383man wrote : " I just want to have some fun and would like to make a time run against my brothers 64 so I can have someone get a pic of my 63 and his 64 together. "

Will this photo work ?

Yes that is great. Thank you very much. It was great to see and meet all the cool Mopar people.
"Mosweethemi" it was very nice to talk to you as I really enjoyed it.
I had a great time and both my brother and I went red in the second round. But I ended up winning some money for going to the second round. I ran against a nice black 63 Dodge B/SA car in round two and he must have scared me as I went red figuring I needed a good lite to beat a B/SA car. My car ran fine as it went in the 10.80's all day and I never lifted the hood all day. I like low maintance cars. Ron
Posted By: preddy

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/26/14 01:32 PM

It was a good day. I ran my best ever ET at 10.65. I raced in the NSS class for the first time. What a group of classy folks. I was dealing with a pesky vacuum leak and several of them came over to help me locate and fix it so I could continue to race.

I raced in 2 classes and made it to the finals of Street E/T and lost a very close race on a double break out.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/26/14 02:15 PM

It was a good year this year for the event even though I was under the car most of the day. We have an oil leak between the girdle and the block and the pan. It's spritzing oil on the headers and making for a hell of a smoke screen. The 1st pass the car stumbled real bad in 2nd gear. I think that was because of the wheel stand (about a foot over the bearing wall). Anyways, time to drop the pan and get her sealed up for next year. Ended the day with a breakout 9.92 on a 9.95 dial.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/26/14 03:55 PM

We got there a little late so I didn't get to meet and see a lot of people. I had a heck of a time just getting the car to run halfway decent. It was off all day. I finally made a half decent pass but went red by .15. 10.98 on a 10.98 dial. First round loss too. Great weather and a lot of people. We were so far down the track we couldn't see the board..
Posted By: F1Scamp

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/26/14 05:18 PM

Had a great time. Love this track. It is amazing to me after 2yrs of playing with this combo that I am learning new things. A 15min change and I picked up 2mph. Didn't reset the record, but went a 10.80 @ 125.5mph. Need to do a little more playing with the suspension to get it to hook a little harder.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/26/14 11:54 PM

Anybody know how to get event photos and pics of the cars on the track. I was so busy I didn't get to check out my car photos at the booth.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/27/14 02:17 AM

Made it to the semi's. Guy took a shot at us (0.008 light) and won. He backed off in the final and Danny Householder won. Great day of racing, but a lot of oil downs.

No pics, but here's a link to the results: MIR Race Results
Posted By: plycuda

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/27/14 02:53 AM

The guy that won quick 8 and came in 2nd in top et had a big block Chevy in it. Nice guy said he had a chassis shop

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/27/14 03:22 AM

Quote:

Made it to the semi's. Guy took a shot at us (0.008 light) and won. He backed off in the final and Danny Householder won. Great day of racing, but a lot of oil downs.

No pics, but here's a link to the results: MIR Race Results

He didn't back off his foot slide off the brake pedal and went in deep and his car reacts fast and didn't want to red light and it cost him.No big deal we had a good time and went home with acouple extra bucks in our pocket.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/27/14 03:34 AM

Quote:

He didn't back off his foot slide off the brake pedal and went in deep and his car reacts fast and didn't want to red light and it cost him.No big deal we had a good time and went home with acouple extra bucks in our pocket.

That explains it. He was pretty good on the tree all day.

BTW, 440Jim was pitted across from us. 1st time out in a year and half. Made some nice low 9 sec passes with the new all aluminum wedge. Picked up right where he left off.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/27/14 03:36 AM

Quote:

It was a good day. I ran my best ever ET at 10.65. I raced in the NSS class for the first time. What a group of classy folks. I was dealing with a pesky vacuum leak and several of them came over to help me locate and fix it so I could continue to race.

I raced in 2 classes and made it to the finals of Street E/T and lost a very close race on a double break out.

Hey Joe I know you said your 60's were in the 1.40's. So I was curious what your best 60 was on the Cal Tracs and what your best 60 was on leaf springs ? It was great to see you again Joe as "Mitch" the guy who towed me told me he knows you pretty good. Ron
Posted By: Kevins493

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/27/14 12:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

BTW, 440Jim was pitted across from us. 1st time out in a year and half. Made some nice low 9 sec passes with the new all aluminum wedge. Picked up right where he left off.

Don't need to take a shot at the tree to be .008 in a footbrake car... I was DEAD late (.080) and he looked to be on a run for dead-on based on his incrementals. Pretty easy to guess what the outcome of that one was gonna be. Car looked great BTW.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/27/14 01:52 PM

Howell, keep an eye on this site for photos. East Coast Drag Times.

http://www.ecdnonline.com/

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/27/14 03:42 PM

Fun day My car was way off, seems #6 is dead. Going to do a leak down today. Lots of nice cars out there for sure. Never seen so many oil downs at a Mopar show. People must have been pushing their junk hard.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/27/14 04:08 PM

Quote:

Hey Joe I know you said your 60's were in the 1.40's. So I was curious what your best 60 was on the Cal Tracs and what your best 60 was on leaf springs?

Hey Ron,

Yup, I had a a 1.44 60' early in the day Saturday. However, the 60' times slowed down as the day went on. My last was 1.51. Been using the Caltracs for years. I picked up close to a .10 in my 60' by switching to them but that was a much milder combo than what I run now.

Somone asked about pics... the photograper at MIR Saturday was Holloway Saunders.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/27/14 05:20 PM

Joe, do you have any idea of how to see the photos he took? I was going to email the track. I'd like to have a copy of our very 1st pass.

Yuck, saw you going down the track. Your car looks great!

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/27/14 05:43 PM

Quote:

383 Ron how's your back feeling?
I know you haven't been feeling too good lately?
Are you still out on disability?
Your car as usual looks terrific!

Its hurting alot today but some days like today I have to take the stronger pain meds. Actually my knees are giving me more trouble lately as the left knee is getting real bad and needs to be replaced. It swells alot if I stand on it to long and now the right knee is starting to do the same. I had a shot in the left knee last week and the doc said to me.......this wont help much and you cant wait much longer to replace that knee. So yes still on disability and basically retired. Sitting is one posistion that my back seems to feel its best or laying on a couch with my back against the back of the couch. I was glad my car was trouble free all day as I never lifted the hood all day racing. Thanks for the kind words. Ron

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/27/14 05:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Hey Joe I know you said your 60's were in the 1.40's. So I was curious what your best 60 was on the Cal Tracs and what your best 60 was on leaf springs?

Hey Ron,

Yup, I had a a 1.44 60' early in the day Saturday. However, the 60' times slowed down as the day went on. My last was 1.51. Been using the Caltracs for years. I picked up close to a .10 in my 60' by switching to them but that was a much milder combo than what I run now.

Somone asked about pics... the photograper at MIR Saturday was Holloway Saunders.

I forgot you had the Cal Tracs on that long as I was thinking you just put them on. Thanks and the car looks and runs great Joe. Ron

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/27/14 06:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Hey Ron,

Thanks for the name . I sure hope they got a couple of pics of my junk.. I sure wish I could have met everyone. Way too darn busy with a slowed down car..

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/27/14 10:45 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the name . I sure hope they got a couple of pics of my junk.. I sure wish I could have met everyone. Way too darn busy with a slowed down car..

It's a small world... Holloway is a trainer at my gym. I didn't know he was the MIR photographer until I ran into him on Saturday. He takes some great shots. If you have trouble locating him, PM me and I can get his contact info for you when I see him at the gym. He'll need to know your car number and model to pull the picks.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/27/14 11:41 PM

Thanks , I messaged him on Facebook so hopefully he will reply. If not I will sure take you up on your offer.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/28/14 12:56 AM

Anybody see Ray Lewis (Raymond) hit the wall in his Turbo Omni? I heard it was a pretty bad hit.
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/28/14 01:48 AM

I really had some fun and it was great to be back at the drag strip after a year and half.

The new KB block engine works great. After a couple easy passes and a fuel ratio adjustment I laid down two 9.02 passes. The sixty foot times were 1.27-1.28 (2.28 first gear and 4.10 gears).
The driver (me) was rusty so my RTs were slow and I goofed on one pass and pulled the shifter into 2nd gear when I launched the car. But the car handeled great and I made some big wheel stands, so I have to adjust the chassis a little to reduce that. I did restrict front end travel and lowered the wheelie bars 3/8" for the last pass and it was the best run of the day, 9.022 at 147 mph.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/28/14 02:34 AM

Quote:

I really had some fun and it was great to be back at the drag strip after a year and half.

The new KB block engine works great. After a couple easy passes and a fuel ratio adjustment I laid down two 9.02 passes. The sixty foot times were 1.27-1.28 (2.28 first gear and 4.10 gears).
The driver (me) was rusty so my RTs were slow and I goofed on one pass and pulled the shifter into 2nd gear when I launched the car. But the car handeled great and I made some big wheel stands, so I have to adjust the chassis a little to reduce that. I did restrict front end travel and lowered the wheelie bars 3/8" for the last pass and it was the best run of the day, 9.022 at 147 mph.

Is it a new motor combo?
Posted By: Sport440

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/28/14 02:43 AM

Quote:

Nice runs Jim! Your new ET is much faster then the old 9.40,s or so, but are your 60 fts. softer? I remember some killer 1.24,s/1.25s or so I think with the old combo.

Did you ever figure out what went on the old engine? Your builds are always so meticulous, but even the best of builds can fail for some reason or another.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/28/14 03:44 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Don't need to take a shot at the tree to be .008 in a footbrake car... I was DEAD late (.080) and he looked to be on a run for dead-on based on his incrementals. Pretty easy to guess what the outcome of that one was gonna be. Car looked great BTW.

Thanks Kevin it was a bummer to have to beat u but was good for my brother being he hasn't raced in 6 years.You and your dads car looked great.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/28/14 01:16 PM

Hey, that's racing. Looks like he had a lot of family there so it was cool to see him make the finals. Is his car the same one I used to see at Mason Dixon years ago? Did it have a SB then? Thought I saw your car there too.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/28/14 04:03 PM

Quote:

Nice runs Jim! Your new ET is much faster then the old 9.40,s or so, but are your 60 fts. softer? I remember some killer 1.24,s/1.25s or so I think with the old combo.

The 1.24 sixty foot times were with the stock 2.45 first gear and 4.30 (or was it the older 4.56) gears.

I put the A&A 2.28 first gear in the transmission to calm things down and the 4.10 to make it easier (less rpm) at the finish line.

The old engine was 511 CID (4.375 bore x 4.250 stroke) and the new combo is 540 CID (4.500 bore x 4.250 stroke). I also swapped my hand ported 440-1 heads for 440-1 CNC 345 heads with the T&D paired rocker system (a small shaft for each cylinder) with 1.65 ratio.

The best I can tell on the old motor was a piston pin cracked and eventually cause the rod to bind and then bend/break. Those were 0.155" wall thickness pins, the new motor has .185" wall thickness pins. I would have to check the log books, but I think those pins had almost 1000 passes on them (several rebuilds).

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/28/14 07:57 PM

I saw your first all-out 9.02 pass as I was getting ready to head home.

If you didn't wear a full-coverage helmet, I'm sure I could have seen a big through the windshield all the way down the track.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/28/14 09:57 PM

Jim, I got to see 1 pass. The car looks great! What kind of rpm are you shifting this combo at?

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/28/14 10:29 PM

Quote:

Hey, that's racing. Looks like he had a lot of family there so it was cool to see him make the finals. Is his car the same one I used to see at Mason Dixon years ago? Did it have a SB then? Thought I saw your car there too.

Our home track is mason so it probably was his car but it has always been a big block and my green car is a small block.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/28/14 11:20 PM

Quote:

Jim, I got to see 1 pass. The car looks great! What kind of rpm are you shifting this combo at?

The early runs were shifting at 6500, but the 9.02 was shifting at 7000 and crossing the finish line at 7000.
Posted By: plycuda

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/29/14 01:11 AM

Ha Kenny did the battery fix it. Did you get a good pass in
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/29/14 01:40 AM

Quote:

Will this photo work ?

Ron, was your brother parked with the Collettes car? If so we talked for awile about his car, real nice guy, he pointed too your car saying it was his brothers. Went over but must have missed you, wanted to meet you since you are on here alot. Maybe next big race i can meet more of the guys on here too, to busy watching all the great cars run. Came home and started working on mine lol

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/29/14 03:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Will this photo work ?

Ron, was your brother parked with the Collettes car? If so we talked for awile about his car, real nice guy, he pointed too your car saying it was his brothers. Went over but must have missed you, wanted to meet you since you are on here alot. Maybe next big race i can meet more of the guys on here too, to busy watching all the great cars run. Came home and started working on mine lol

Yes he came down with the Collettes as Dave towed my brothers blue 64 Fury in his trailer. Real sorry I missed you as I may have been getting something to eat. Sorry I missed you as later in the day I was trying to sit alot as my kness were starting to really bother me. I redlited in the second round which they did not run until about 6 or 6:30 and I told my friend even if I was winning I was going to run it out as I would have liked to win but my joints were hurting so bad I was ready to pack it in and head home. I ended up redliting anyway as I thought I was hitting a good lite but it did not bother me as I was ready to go home and get off my feet. I had a blast and love racing but its really hard for me to stand around alot all day at the track. Ron
Posted By: mopar_to_ya

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/29/14 05:36 AM

Quote:

We had an awsome time running with you guys! Seems to be a great group to run with as well.

Attached picture 8314951-MIR2014NSS(2).JPG

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/29/14 05:39 AM

you probably remember the cars like this from Mason Dixon with other hoods.
This pic was from Pittsburgh Mopar show yrs back

Attached picture 8314953-PittsburghCCPits.jpg

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/29/14 05:49 AM

Quote:

Ha Kenny did the battery fix it. Did you get a good pass in

Hey Dan, the battery was the problem. He had other minor issues but still made a 9.10 and a 9.02 pass carrying the wheels way out. Was hoping to run a time run later in the evening but out of respect, he gave the borrowed battery back so Ron with the Bud's Coronet could go home.
Take care

Attached picture 8314964-MIR2014Kenny.jpg

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/29/14 01:07 PM

Quote:

you probably remember the cars like this from Mason Dixon with other hoods.
This pic was from Pittsburgh Mopar show yrs back

Yup, that's exactly how I remember them. Obviously my memory's a little fuzzy on what they were powered by lol. Ronnie, you should run some of the 422 allstars events with us next year!Pretty sure you're legal.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/29/14 05:30 PM

Ron, don't put off fixing that hip or knee, one of my buddys had hip replacement in August and is back playing golf last week. He said should have done it sooner. We old guys have to keep this thing going, not many young ones coming in. Mike

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/30/14 05:58 AM

Kevin, that's the plan. I really liked running with you guys. I'm working a deal on a belvedere that I'm crossing my fingers on, lol, to run in NSS. It's time to retire my GTS from racing, at least I think so. Time and money will tell the story. Looking forward to racing NSS with all you guys

Attached picture 8315822-MIR2014NSS(5).JPG

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/30/14 03:59 PM

Ronnie, you should run some of the 422 allstars events with us next year!Pretty sure you're legal.

Believe me Kevin I would but right now my budget and health limit me alot. Thats why I like to drive on the street alot as its much cheaper and atleast I can get out and drive the 63 most weekends but I will admit I love to go racing and really enjoyed running with the NSS cars alot. If I could get out more I could get a little better and more consisdent with my lites. Ron

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/30/14 10:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It's a small world... Holloway is a trainer at my gym. I didn't know he was the MIR photographer until I ran into him on Saturday. He takes some great shots. If you have trouble locating him, PM me and I can get his contact info for you when I see him at the gym. He'll need to know your car number and model to pull the picks.

I have been trying to get up with him all week. Could you get him to message me at economyauto@aol.com ?? Thanks for your help..
Posted By: aarmaniac

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/31/14 04:59 AM

Saturdays F.A.S.T. final test runs

http://youtu.be/EKUoKhB2Cso

Attached picture 8316687-beepalooza274.jpg

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/31/14 07:23 AM

If anyone finds where any pics are of the race I would love to know. I would like to see any pics I can of all the awesome Mopars that were there. Ron

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/31/14 02:28 PM

Quote:

If anyone finds where any pics are of the race I would love to know. I would like to see any pics I can of all the awesome Mopars that were there. Ron

here ya go Ron....

http://ecdnonline.com/MoparMIR2014/moparclassicmir2014.html

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/31/14 02:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

here ya go Ron....

I ran into Holloway this morning at the gym. Holloway was the offical MIR photographer last Saturday. I told him that some folks here wanted to get pictures of their cars from the Mopar race. He gave me his buisiness card and said that if people are interested, have them email him and he would send a low resolution picture and they can decide if they want to order the real one. His email address is: hollyroc33@yahoo.com

Make sure you include your car number and a description of your car.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/31/14 05:34 PM

I bought a picture of my car the day of the race.
The quality of the photo was great, and it was my only race this year so I wanted something to remember.

Attached picture 8317042-2014Dart_MoparClassic_1280.jpg
Posted By: tboomer

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/31/14 05:37 PM

Looks great Jim!! I am glad to hear you have it up and running again! Ted

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/31/14 05:55 PM

great pic Jim.... I was hoping to catch up with you to get your opinions on our combo. Ah... maybe next season

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/31/14 08:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

here ya go Ron....

Thank you Jack. Ron

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/31/14 10:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

here ya go Ron....

I ran into Holloway this morning at the gym. Holloway was the offical MIR photographer last Saturday. I told him that some folks here wanted to get pictures of their cars from the Mopar race. He gave me his buisiness card and said that if people are interested, have them email him and he would send a low resolution picture and they can decide if they want to order the real one. His email address is: hollyroc33@yahoo.com

Make sure you include your car number and a description of your car.

I emailed him and tried everything I can think of and still no reply. He may be a good photographer but not worth a dang as a businessman.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 10/31/14 10:33 PM

Quote:

The quality of the photo was great, and it was my only race this year so I wanted something to remember.

Front end geometry looks great. Whats your setup and type?

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 11/01/14 12:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

here ya go Ron....

Are these the pics Holloway took ? If not can you buy any of these pics ? Ron

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 11/01/14 03:39 AM

Hey Ron I don't think so. I think another photographer took those. I still haven't heard from the track photographer yet myself ..

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 11/01/14 04:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Front end geometry looks great. Whats your setup and type?

My car is 3205 race weight (with driver on the scales) back-half with ladder bar rear suspension. The front end only has two changes other than fine tuning to get it to hook and book. It has '73 Duster front disc brakes and tubular upper A-arms to give it more positive caster for high speed straight line stability. The front shocks are Koni and the torsion bars are the factory 340 GTS parts. I do restrict front end travel with 0.455" spacers under the extension end but the bumpers are aftermarket that I have trimmed to a height that makes the chassis work. i.e. less travel than stock since the engine makes so much torque (540 CID).

I was running 9.25-9.35 with the 511 CID but the new (first runs Oct 25) with the 540 went 9.02 and I am happy.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 11/01/14 04:10 AM

Quote:

great pic Jim.... I was hoping to catch up with you to get your opinions on our combo. Ah... maybe next season

I love your car. When I was young back in the late '70s I had a 1969 Barracuda fastback. 340 with 4-speed. I like the '67-'69 fastback Barracuda.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 11/02/14 04:54 PM

Did anybody ever get in touch with the track photographer ??

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 11/03/14 07:39 PM

Thanks Jim!

I sent an email Friday. No reply so far on the pictures.

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 11/14/14 11:12 PM

MIR got sold this week http://www.mirdrag.com/
I hope they keep our Mopar race going..

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 11/15/14 02:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

here ya go Ron....

Are these the pics Holloway took ? If not can you buy any of these pics ? Ron

Stephen Jones took the pics in this link that Jack showed me and he did get in touch with me as I want to buy some copies of this pic of my brother and I in that link of the pics Stephen Jones took. He is going to get back to me but I dont know if anyone has talked to Holloway ? Ron

Re: MIR Mopar Race Oct 25th - 11/15/14 02:56 PM

Hey Ron , that guy must be the worst business man in history. I tried messaging him on facebook and email twice. I even asked him to contact me even if he didn't have any pics. He never contacted me at all. I figured I would give the benifit of doubt and time. As far as I am concerned now he can pack the pics where the sun don't shine. LOL
© 2024 Moparts Forums