Moparts

Gen 3 Hemi oil leak

Posted By: blown572dart

Gen 3 Hemi oil leak - 10/08/14 01:18 AM

First I should say hello to everyone.

Now to the question. I have a 5.7 that was stroked to a 6.4 with some head work and a cam. With that said after a small issue that required the pan to be removed I have been chasing an oil leak that's at the rear of the engine.

I can't believe that it's the oil pan gasket anymore. Has anyone had any issues with the gen3 leaking ?
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Gen 3 Hemi oil leak - 10/08/14 01:46 AM

do you have a screw blower on it?
Posted By: blown572dart

Re: Gen 3 Hemi oil leak - 10/08/14 01:50 AM

Quote:

No but it is in my Jeep. ^^^^^^^
Posted By: MattW

Re: Gen 3 Hemi oil leak - 10/08/14 02:06 AM

Quote:

First I should say hello to everyone.

Now to the question. I have a 5.7 that was stroked to a 6.4 with some head work and a cam. With that said after a small issue that required the pan to be removed I have been chasing an oil leak that's at the rear of the engine.

I can't believe that it's the oil pan gasket anymore. Has anyone had any issues with the gen3 leaking ?

There's a plate that goes over the crank at the rear. Maybe the rear one piece crank seal.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Gen 3 Hemi oil leak - 10/08/14 02:46 AM

The rear main housing bolts to the block IIRC it becomes part or the pan rail like a BB does. It could be leaking at those seams. Also may be the flexplate bolts go clear through the crank flange and were not sealed. Don't know if this is a problem on these like some LS engine cranks.
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: Gen 3 Hemi oil leak - 10/08/14 04:17 AM

Quote:

Quote:

No but it is in my Jeep. ^^^^^^^

Well go put it on THEN come back and ask us the question

I have no idea but if I can help let me know
© 2024 Moparts Forums