Moparts

Larson at drag week

Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Larson at drag week - 09/16/14 08:21 PM

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/street-legal-drag-truck-sets-fast-pass-record-161405165.html

anybody post? While that thing is hardly a street car he did drive it 1000 miles and lay down a 6.16. That's freaking crazy.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/16/14 08:51 PM

Whats crazy is that he was out of the throttle and the chutes were out on that pass. I saw some incrementals posted and it was faster on a previous 1/8th mile hit where it went 188 in the 1/8th and 4.00.

IMO its no less of a street car than the other unlimited entries.
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/16/14 09:37 PM

my thought process on this is it is just another form of racing that is spiraling out of control.

piling race tires, doors, pistons, turbos, superchargers, transmissions etc into a trailer and dragging it around is IMO ridiculous.

These guys are working so hard just to prepare to make a run down the track is retarded to me.

I always liked 572Charger's (member here but hasn't been around in a long time) approach, drive it in the gate, straight to the lanes, make a 8.50 pass and drive out.

I wish they would outlaw trailers. James Taylor didn't have one in Two Lane Blacktop and neither should anyone else
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/16/14 09:51 PM

Quote:

my thought process on this is it is just another form of racing that is spiraling out of control.

piling race tires, doors, pistons, turbos, superchargers, transmissions etc into a trailer and dragging it around is IMO ridiculous.

These guys are working so hard just to prepare to make a run down the track is retarded to me.

I always liked 572Charger's (member here but hasn't been around in a long time) approach, drive it in the gate, straight to the lanes, make a 8.50 pass and drive out.

I wish they would outlaw trailers. James Taylor didn't have one in Two Lane Blacktop and neither should anyone else

Well I will disagree with you on the trailer.. I have
no space in my ride... I need somewhere to carry
some tools and maybe a few parts.. but I sure wont
have any spare trans since I have to pull the engine
and trans together to get the trans out... its just
easier to unhook a trailer and be ready but if they
did outlaw the trailers I can mount a box on the
bed cover between the down bars... but I prefer not to

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/16/14 09:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Well I will disagree with you on the trailer.. I have
no space in my ride... I need somewhere to carry
some tools and maybe a few parts.. but I sure wont
have any spare trans since I have to pull the engine
and trans together to get the trans out... its just
easier to unhook a trailer and be ready but if they
did outlaw the trailers I can mount a box on the
bed cover between the down bars... but I prefer not to

says the person that built a truck
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/16/14 10:22 PM

That truck is no more street legal than my demon.
Posted By: Porter67

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/16/14 10:26 PM

Really not impressed except by the good driving skills shown. A fat wallet goes along way to a nice build as long as they have a good fire suppression system.

I went and watched for 1/2 a day as it was only a good 2 hour drive, crazy fun times it looked like.

Everyone knows all this street legal stuff is a load of crap. Even here in the sticks the state boys would not let things just ride by.

They should make them be compliant to all 50 states rules and regs. but they let it get this far out.

But it brings in money, people to a lot of tracks and vendors profit as well.

How much $$$$ do you think is in the building of that truck.

Pinks by far has been the best thing in the last 10-15 years overall but of course it got jacked over ego-s and money.

James Taylor didn't have one in Two Lane Blacktop and neither should anyone else...umm that wasn't real life that was a m o v I e.

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/16/14 10:33 PM

Quote:

Really not impressed except by the good driving skills shown. A fat wallet goes along way to a nice build as long as they have a good fire suppression system.

I went and watched for 1/2 a day as it was only a good 2 hour drive, crazy fun times it looked like.

Everyone knows all this street legal stuff is a load of crap. Even here in the sticks the state boys would not let things just ride by.

They should make them be compliant to all 50 states rules and regs. but they let it get this far out.

But it brings in money, people to a lot of tracks and vendors profit as well.

How much $$$$ do you think is in the building of that truck.

Pinks by far has been the best thing in the last 10-15 years overall but of course it got jacked over ego-s and money.

James Taylor didn't have one in Two Lane Blacktop and neither should anyone else...umm that wasn't real life that was a m o v I e.

I dont think ANY hot rod is actually legal in Cali
but my junk is legal here in Mich
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/16/14 10:40 PM

Quote:

James Taylor didn't have one in Two Lane Blacktop and neither should anyone else

Truth. Although he did have street and race tires...Ban him!

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/16/14 10:41 PM

says the person that built a truck

If and when you see it you will understand my point...
you have a trunk and a back seat area.. I have about
6" behind the 2 seats... there is no bed.. thats
tubes and a fuel tank and a battery

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/16/14 10:52 PM

I couldnt fit my bag in Eddies duster. My clothes were seat cushions and lumbar support. We almost died in the rain in Chicago. i understand every thing there is to understand about Drag Week and I still say, no trailers

Did Doug Cline have a trailer?

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/16/14 11:05 PM

Quote:

I couldnt fit my bag in Eddies duster. My clothes were seat cushions and lumbar support. We almost died in the rain in Chicago. i understand every thing there is to understand about Drag Week and I still say, no trailers

Did Doug Cline have a trailer?

IF they change the rules and outlaw trailers I WILL COMPLY
but till then I'll run the brand new trailer I just
built for DW... in the past when riding with Dale
(quick52) in his 52 ford pick up we would take about
1/2 a hour to load and unload and even he is thinking
a trailer to just unhook and be done... so much easier..
trailers do have a draw back... you burn more fuel
and a lot of the guys have had trailer issues to
deal with(to me thats just lack of maintenance)
Posted By: ksj

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/16/14 11:14 PM

No trailer for Doug.Did it old school.
Posted By: cold85

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/16/14 11:16 PM

I can say that was my first time on dw and I would never go again if we could not have a trailer. Ours had what we needed to race like a pit bike and keg and 2stroke margarita maker
Posted By: TrxR

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/16/14 11:25 PM

I got nothing against the trailers but full tube chassis? Also being able to change complete motors or trannys is going a little overboard.

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/16/14 11:26 PM

Quote:

I can say that was my first time on dw and I would never go again if we could not have a trailer. Ours had what we needed to race like a pit bike and keg and 2stroke margarita maker

Lmao

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/16/14 11:28 PM

Quote:

I got nothing against the trailers but full tube chassis? Also being able to change complete motors or trannys is going a little overboard.

As the currant rules.. you CAN change ANYTHING except
the BLOCK.. those are the rules
EDIT
for 2015 some of the rules will change but as of now
we dont know what will change... my trailer is 40"x48" but I built it inclosed

Attached picture 8272134-002.JPG

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/16/14 11:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Lmao

I like this part for sure.. keg and 2stroke margarita maker
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/16/14 11:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

As the currant rules.. you CAN change ANYTHING except
the BLOCK.. those are the rules

ahh I did not know that. I thought you could fix broken stuff but not swap out everything once you got there.

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/16/14 11:36 PM

#

Attached picture 8272150-003.JPG
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/16/14 11:39 PM

Quote:

10-4 just the bare necessities. Only thing I would add is a massage therapist (female) to rub my shoulders after those long drives. Lol
Posted By: 383man

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/16/14 11:47 PM

Quote:

I can kinda understand what you are saying. I mean some of these cars are almost like getting to the point of taking a funny car and putting in a strong more driveable supercharged or N20 equipped eng and running 6's or whatever. I mean yes they drive it on the street but it is really just a full blown race car with tags on them. And I understand just how fast we can go with our cars in todays world of power adders and all with the awesome technology we have today. And I can see why a car like that called a street car needs a trailer of tools and maybe parts to follow it around. So I can see what you mean.

It does kinda seem like when is ????????how fast is fast enough to claim the fastest street car ???? I dont know but you will need to be rich and want to claim your street driven car will run atleast 6's I would say ??

I would never have the money or the want to claim I have or even want to have the fastest street car out there.

I gotta admit just running in the 10's in a car I can drive as far as I like or jump in and go get groceries any time at all is fast enough for me and plenty of fun for me and I can carry all the tools and spare parts I need for my 10 second street car in my trunk LoL !

I can really appreciate all the work these guys put in some of these cars called street cars as the work and devotion to run that fast and keep up with the competition is alot of hard work. Ron

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 12:20 AM

I can kinda understand what you are saying. I mean some of these cars are almost like getting to the point of taking a funny car and putting in a strong more driveable supercharged or N20 equipped eng and running 6's or whatever. I mean yes they drive it on the street but it is really just a full blown race car with tags on them. And I understand just how fast we can go with our cars in todays world of power adders and all with the awesome technology we have today. And I can see why a car like that called a street car needs a trailer of tools and maybe parts to follow it around. So I can see what you mean.

It does kinda sem like when is ????????how fast is fast enough to claim the fastest street car ???? I dont know but you will need to be rich and want to claim your street driven car will run atleast 6's I would say ??

I would never have the money or the want to claim I have or even want to have the fastest street car out there.

I gotta admit just running in the 10's in a car I can drive as far as I like or jump in and go get groceries any time at all is fast enough for me and plenty of fun for me and I can carry all mthe tools and spare parts I need for my 10 second street car in my trunk LoL !

I can really appreciate all the work these guys put in some of these cars called street cars as the work and devotion to run that fast and keep up with the competition is alot of hard work. Ron

In the last couple years they have brought pro-mod
cars that have added lights and plates... but was still
legal in DW based on the currant rules.. we dont know
what will change this coming year... I'm wondering
if they change the rules to have a steel body except
for some selected glass parts as in hood and bumpers
but again we dont know YET.. I know that Larson said
he is done.. wont be coming back and heard something
of the same for Lutz but who really knows
Posted By: GY3

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 12:46 AM

Larry at Great Bend.

Attached picture 8272208-20140911_100632-1.jpg

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 12:54 AM

Jeff Lutz's trailer for the Evil Twin '57.

Attached picture 8272218-20140911_090535-1.jpg
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 01:06 AM

Quote:

Larry at Great Bend.

It seems to me that the Projacks kinda violate the spirit of the event. In a way...

But I digress: Call it what you want, he DROVE it the required course and it was WITHIN the rules. If you don't like the Unlimited rules, then don't run the class or watch the coverage. Who cares what it cost him to build the truck?? There are FAT wallets in all forms of motorsports, right? Ever see a high dollar stacker trailer with a pair or Jr. Dragsters inside, being pulled by a $200K toter home?

Besides, there is a class for nearly everyone at DW.

Having said all of that, if were up to ME...I'd absolutely change the rules to minimize the parts switching. Tires? Yes. Center section? Sure. Adding chutes? You betcha. But I put a screeching halt to the fuel system, the cooling system, the doors (WHAT is that all about?), etc...

I would allow trailers, max size though. (I think this is mandated already?) Soon, Larson will be pulling a 40 footer with a machine shop on board a the rate we're going...LOL!

I would also mandate all unlimited entries in Lockdown before each event.

One more: Unless it's an immediate safety issue, NO ONE but the driver and co pilot are allow to touch the vehicle.

Rant over. Discuss...

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 01:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Larry at Great Bend.

It seems to me that the Projacks kinda violate the spirit of the event. In a way...

But I digress: Call it what you want, he DROVE it the required course and it was WITHIN the rules. If you don't like the Unlimited rules, then don't run the class or watch the coverage. Who cares what it cost him to build the truck?? There are FAT wallets in all forms of motorsports, right? Ever see a high dollar stacker trailer with a pair or Jr. Dragsters inside, being pulled by a $200K toter home?

Having said all of that, if were up to ME...I'd absolutely change the rules to minimize the parts switching. Tires? Yes. Center section? Sure. Adding chutes? You betcha. But I put a screeching halt to the fuel system, the cooling system, the doors (WHAT is that all about?), etc...

I would allow trailers, max size though. (I think this is mandated already?) Soon, Larson will be pulling a 40 footer with a machine shop on board a the rate we're going...LOL!

One more: Unless it's an immediate safety issue, NO ONE but the driver and co pilot are allow to touch the vehicle.

Rant over. Discuss...

They already limit the size of the trailer and can put you in "impound" at the staff's discretion. When they do that only you and the passenger can work on the vehicle.

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 01:17 AM

Yes, it's a Camaro.

Two things cool about this picture. No trailer and Ontario plates!

I was behind this car and a Chevelle with 3 guys for quite a ways after leaving the track. They all looked like they were having a ball!

To me this is the spirit of Drag Week!

Attached picture 8272235-20140911_160402-1.jpg

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 01:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Larry at Great Bend.

Rant over. Discuss...

Yes there is a max size to the trailer including the
max height of the trailer and the junk on top..
but I agree with ya... they(hot rod) do seem to
over look how many people are working on it.. yes
people help other drivers all the time.. but not on
a daily basis.. and driving another car that most of
use call a mule to haul stuff for some other car..
in the years past Larson didnt drag a trailer but yet
had all these parts and equipment... thats magic that
all the tools and parts would show up at each track
and this year there were MULTIPLE people working on
that truck.. if I can get in next year I think I'll
be in the unlimited class(just for kicks) due to I
can only fit in 2 classes.. unlimited and DD.. I cant
even run quicker than 10.0 but what the heck... all
this is based on it being east of the Mississippi river
and we get in(my buddy and myself)..... JMO on this

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 01:32 AM

Quote:

Yes, it's a Camaro.

I was behind this car and a Chevelle with 3 guys for quite a ways after leaving the track. They all looked like they were having a ball!

It is a ball... I've been second seat 3 years... its
more fun when you have a buddy riding along that share
the same interests so you can BS along the way and
its easier if you have a navigator
EDIT
and following the directions isnt always very easy
and have been known to be WRONG... that does cause issues

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 01:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, it's a Camaro.

It is a ball... I've been second seat 3 years... its
more fun when you have a buddy riding along that share
the same interests so you can BS along the way and
its easier if you have a navigator
EDIT
and following the directions isnt always very easy
and have been known to be WRONG... that does cause issues

Better have a quick mouse trigger finger!

They said registration filled up in 8 minutes this year!

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 01:53 AM

Better have a quick mouse trigger finger!

They said registration filled up in 8 minutes this year!

It did but that was also with 350 that got registered
which was 50 more than planned on... 2 years ago when
I registered I was #1 so I have a clue.. but I dropped
out due to engine issues... the wife is VERY SHARP
on computers and we had 3 computers running to get in
and my buddy was #3... she had the web site up before
it even opened and had most of the data already in
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 02:36 AM

Quote:

.....and THIS /\ is why I LOVE drag racing!!

...carry on

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 02:41 AM

DF said Unlimited will remain Unlimited.That said the other classes may or may not see changes for 2015.Its DF and Hotrods event so it will be what it will be.Ive gone off and on since 07.The game has changed.LL wasn't the first one to solicit sponsors nor will he be the last.I heard ALOT of multi time attendees say they wont be back.Some due to costs,some are going to spend more time for family and some because the "True" Spirit of DW no longer exists. 2 key HR&DW personnel didn't attend this year due to family obligations.That said IMHO a few racers took advantage of that.I'll leave it at that.
Posted By: BBR

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 03:32 AM

It's still a great event with new folks getting hooked every year. I took 3 noobs with me this year and every one of them want to do it again. All of them finished and I was the one that broke!

As far as Larson's car/truck, it is absolutely nuts, but that's what the unlimited class is. And Doug Cline was obviously wearing blue underwear with a big S on it all week. The thing that impressed me most was he did not have to do a ton of stuff to that car prior to making a run.

If I were king, I'd require 2 time slips per track to eliminate the 1 hero pass at the last minute thing. I would also tighten the trailer size down a notch.
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 03:34 AM

Why is it so hard for so many to grasp the meaning of:

Rickster
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 03:58 AM

Quote:

Now that's my kinda trailer.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 04:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Larry at Great Bend.

Rant over. Discuss...

I just want you and all to know my comments were in no way meant to be in a negative attitude to anyone running in theses classes or meant to put any of the racers down in any way so I hope all understands that. Heck I praise the amount of so much hard work they put into these cars as know way I could put that kind of hard work in my car or any car anymore with my health problems. I will admit its not my cup of tea as most know I love the Nostalgic type of racing like the NSS and cars more related to that era and thats just my thing but I have all kind of respect for the people and the cars they run in these classes. So I hope no one thinks I meant my comments in a bad way.

We all have our favorite cup of tea as I myself but I love cars and drag racing and mean no disrespect to anyone who races in thes super fast street classes or what ever class anyone runs in. I just wanted to be sure everyone knows I did not mean to sound disrespectful to anyone or the class they race in. Ron
Posted By: MoparBilly

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 04:24 AM

Quote:

The game has changed.
LL wasn't the first one to solicit sponsors nor will he be the last.
I heard ALOT of multi time attendees say they wont be back.Some due to costs,some are going to spend more time for family and some because the "True" Spirit of DW no longer exists.
2 key HR&DW personnel didn't attend this year due to family obligations.That said IMHO a few racers took advantage of that.

KSJ,
The True Spirit of Drag Week still exists, you just have to look for it a little harder...if you are looking at the guys willing to do anything to win a class...you're looking at the wrong group!!

Larry's entire approach this year wasn't very "Larson like" IMHO. Hopefully he rights himself at some point, and gets back to where he was before all the smack talking started.

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 04:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

The game has changed.
LL wasn't the first one to solicit sponsors nor will he be the last.
I heard ALOT of multi time attendees say they wont be back.Some due to costs,some are going to spend more time for family and some because the "True" Spirit of DW no longer exists.
2 key HR&DW personnel didn't attend this year due to family obligations.That said IMHO a few racers took advantage of that.

KSJ,
The True Spirit of Drag Week still exists, you just have to look for it a little harder...if you are looking at the guys willing to do anything to win a class...you're looking at the wrong group!!

Larry's entire approach this year wasn't very "Larson like" IMHO. Hopefully he rights himself at some point, and gets back to where he was before all the smack talking started.

100% agree

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 04:37 AM

Im sure in time I'll come back to what little senses I have.It wasn't just one persons approach this year that caught my and a few others eyes.Seems to be more and more entrants that are only happy with a win.Used to be (to me) Friday was a win for those that go.Could just be my age showing.LOL.BTW Billy in retrospect watching your family gives me hope.I value your opinion.Thanks for the reality check.
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 04:52 AM

You can't completely ban trailers, because some cars have zero room inside. The guys with the Vette can't carry a lunchbox without a trailer and others are similarly room challenged..............BUT you could seriously cut back on the SIZE of the trailer allowed.

And there is NO ILLUSION that these are "street cars". DF himself says that. Street car and street legal are two entirely different things. If it passes registration or inspection in the home state.......it's street "legal"...........end of discussion.

As far as Larry, putting the car in "impound" and making just himself and Chad service it would have put the kybash on the whole "transformers" thing and I was surprised they didn't.

Monte

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 05:36 AM

Quote:

You can't completely ban trailers, because some cars have zero room inside. The guys with the Vette can't carry a lunchbox without a trailer and others are similarly room challenged..............BUT you could seriously cut back on the SIZE of the trailer allowed.

And there is NO ILLUSION that these are "street cars". DF himself says that. Street car and street legal are two entirely different things. If it passes registration or inspection in the home state.......it's street "legal"...........end of discussion.

As far as Larry, putting the car in "impound" and making just himself and Chad service it would have put the kybash on the whole "transformers" thing and I was surprised they didn't.

Monte

Why should it be anyone elses problem that they built a street car that can't fit a hanky in it.

Its like me bitching my Challenger was 800 lbs heavier then the 50 fox mustangs in the lanes. Is that their fault?

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 05:41 AM

Btw, Im happy for Doug Cline

Happy Mopars won both small block na classes

Congrats to Johnny and Billy's family spirit award

Awesome job. I felt lost all last week

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 05:41 AM

You can't carry anything in a stock Vette either

Monte

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 05:47 AM

Ray,missed not seeing you.At least your Purple Brother went.Didnt realize that that you hated the States of Kansas and Oklahoma so much. Got to take the good with the bad sometimes.

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 05:48 AM

Quote:

You can't carry anything in a stock Vette either

Monte

exactly. Vette's pulling trailers to go visit mom on the holiday.so rediculous

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 05:53 AM

Quote:

Ray,missed not seeing you.At least your Purple Brother went.Didnt realize that that you hated the States of Kansas and Oklahoma so much. Got to take the good with the bad sometimes.

I like going to see new things, race at new tracks. It was a disappointing route to me. To similar to 2011

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 06:02 AM

Understood.Id like to start at Cordova and go through Wisconsin, Ilinois and Iowa similar to DW 07.HR can only work with the tracks that will work for them.I still go no matter where it starts and ends.No perfect scenario.BTW we ddint go to far west this year.Wasnt as flat as my ex wifes chest.

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 06:07 AM

Why should it be anyone elses problem that they built a street car that can't fit a hanky in it.

Its like me bitching my Challenger was 800 lbs heavier then the 50 fox mustangs in the lanes. Is that their fault?

It isnt anyone elses problem... its in the rules
that you can run a trailer... more and more guys
are going with with trailers because its much easier
to just unhook

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 06:13 AM

Quote:

Understood.Id like to start at Cordova and go through Wisconsin, Ilinois and Iowa similar to DW 07.HR can only work with the tracks that will work for them.I still go no matter where it starts and ends.No perfect scenario.BTW we ddint go to far west this year.Wasnt as flat as my ex wifes chest.

Where is Cordova.. what state
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 06:26 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Illinois

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 06:33 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Illinois

Thanks.... hell yeah I'd like to do that run
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 11:28 AM

Cordova is on the Mississippi about 10 minutes north of I-80. Great little track but it can be slick, especially later at night.
Posted By: QuickDart 502

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 12:38 PM

Quote:

Monte

I don't understand what the big deal is with the size of the trailers. Heck if someone can tow a 24 ft trailer behind thery're car and compete, i say congrats! Not only can they haul the weight the can haul the mail as well.

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 02:39 PM

I get the whole trailer deal, you take a car like that on a 1000 mile journey racing or not and your going to want to bring some stuff with you. I bring a good chunk of stuff with me, most of which I don't need but its all stuff I couldn't buy on the road, like a Meziere pump for a small block mopar etc.

I think I am going to ditch my little trailer that I have yet to use. I am going to go with the "fannypack" approach. A small hitch mounted rack to hold tires and a few other things. Tires are what really screws up my space inside and makes it a PITA to load and unload. I really fear the total rainout day where one would have to travel in rain the whole trip, so I switch tires.

I liked seeing the two small block mopars win the SB NA classes. It got me and my Dad to thinking on what the next motor should be. That Demon didn't have an exotic combo but it sure ran good.

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 04:50 PM

I really wasn't anti trailer till I watched this year from the sidelines. changing Doors was just a little to much for me and I said, Well Larson is trying to make a point. Then I saw pictures of a nice red station wagon that had had a trailer.

I always stuck up for the trailer thing before saying it put wear and tear on the car but...

a station wagon! come one

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 05:15 PM

Since the rules allow a trailer, I would have a trailer......period, regardless of the car I used. You would have a place to organize your stuff and as Mr P said, you simply unhook it. You don't have to pile that crap in and out of your car everyday.

Plus, some guys DO use the trailer to bring more parts and that's fine......so what...........but also others use that room to bring grills, kegs, margarita makers, etc. Making it more like a vacation and that is definitely cool. Rick Prosperos trailer doubled as a picnic table with benches to sit on. That's cool

Monte

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 05:18 PM

Quote:

I really wasn't anti trailer till I watched this year from the sidelines. changing Doors was just a little to much for me and I said, Well Larson is trying to make a point. Then I saw pictures of a nice red station wagon that had had a trailer.

I always stuck up for the trailer thing before saying it put wear and tear on the car but...

a station wagon! come one

While I agree with you on the aspect of changing doors
is what I call over the edge but thats just me and
in that case the trailer was part of it... but no
where in the rules does it say that you cant change
the doors.. I just didnt understand the reasoning to
do it(unless they felt they didnt seal enough and
rain could pour in.. JMO).. also I believe that there
is a rule that says that the trailer cant contain
items in it to run the engine thats in the car.. as
in the fuel system and a charging system... thats
why Larson picked up a small gen and used a charger
when the charging system died but I gather the gen
and charger were on strapped on the truck(I dont
know for fact where it was)

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 05:23 PM

Making it more like a vacation and that is definitely cool. Rick Prosperos trailer doubled as a picnic table with benches to sit on. That's cool

Monte

His trailer is cool.. I really like it and it was cool
to see them use it as a picnic table... those guys
had it together... a very well thought out plan of attack

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 05:25 PM

Yeah Mike they were strapped to the truck.

Larson did it to make the point "You want unlimited, I'll show it to you". He changed doors from Carbon Fiber doors with no mirrors and no roll down window to stock doors with roll up and down windows and stock mirrors.

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 05:34 PM

there is drama on facebook about Drag Week.

There was a dually in DD with a trailer. LOL

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 05:39 PM

Quote:

Yeah Mike they were strapped to the truck.

Larson did it to make the point "You want unlimited, I'll show it to you". He changed doors from Carbon Fiber doors with no mirrors and no roll down window to stock doors with roll up and down windows and stock mirrors.

Ok.. so it was just to make a statement.. I didnt
understand that.... when I built my SMALL trailer
I tried to engineer it to do MULTIPLE things.. I went
with a slide out for ease of getting to things and
I pit a vise on a stanchion tat slides into the spare
tire mount, has a umbrella mount for a bit of shade,
the rear center light slides in and is also flipped
over for the tail support for the trailer and the slide
out so it doesnt tip up when slid out.. its enclosed
for water tight and the length of the over all is
JUST short enough to stand it up on end in my big
trailer so its sorta out of the way.. it still has
enough tongue length that if I were to jack knife
it on backing up the box cant get into the 1/4
panel of the truck and will just hit the bumper

Attached picture 8272902-003.JPG

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 05:42 PM

Closed up for travel mode

Attached picture 8272909-001.JPG
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 06:00 PM

The truck was built with sponsorship money from Bangshift.
Larry did this because he was always against where the class was headed with pro mods on the street. So he decided to build one and beat them at their own game so to speak.

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 06:32 PM

To me the trailers are a non issue. Who cares what you bring with you as long as the trailer meets the rules. Why does it matter if you pull it with a Volkswagen or a Dually. I would much rather just "unhook" as "unload". People complain about the "Unlimited" cars with pro-jacks and what have you. So what. Those cars sit 4" off the ground. The jacks are much more practical than a floor jack which you can't get under one of those cars anyway. So you bring pro-jacks or a bunch of pit ramps, a floor jack and jack stands.......whats the diff. Either is a lot of stuff to pack and pull with your race/street car.

The guy with the dually.................My bet is he originally entered another car in another class and had his trailer all fixed up. So instead of changing his plan, he just hooked the trailer and went........why not? I would have done the same. He has as much rite to pull a trailer as anybody else. It's allowed.

They give an award for "quickest without a trailer" but I have never heard anybody say "man I really want to win that".............non issue.

I can go to the beach with all my stuff in a lunchbox, IF I HAVE TO. But if I am allowed to carry more to be more comfortable I will. Suffering for a week because you carried the very minimum you can cram in your car is YOUR FAULT.............While Drag Week could easily be renamed "Suffering Week", the rules don't say you HAVE TO. Yeah, I going to take a tent, some food, some coolers, some chairs and whatever else I can to make the trip more pleasant. Not sure what anybody thinks they are proving by wearing the same clothes for a week, starving, sweating their azz off and working with a crescent wrench and channel locks. How does any of that prove you have more of a street car than anyone else. Daily drivers break down everyday. That's why the doors open and close on dealership service bays.

Monte
Posted By: CTD5.9

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 06:43 PM

I don't drag race, but after reading the posts on here about drag week I tuned in online. After the first day, the rest of my week was ruined and I watched religiously. Putting up with Freiburgers terrible jokes and listening to Monte pleading with the racers to stop wasting nitrous.

trailers, steel body, whatever complaints there were those unlimited guys put on a spectacle that kept the 5000+ people from all over the world tuned in online. The results showed more elaborate wasn't always better, they will most likely make more rules but breaking the unlimited class will probably hurt the fanbase, the sponsors and in turn the event.

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 06:46 PM

Quote:

Larry did this because he was always against where the class was headed with pro mods on the street. So he decided to build one and beat them at their own game so to speak.

In reality, there has only ever been ONE real Pro-Mod in the class and that was Dave Ahokas. Bailey's car is glass, but heavy at 3100lbs. Lutz new 57 is glass, but stock dimensions, with all stock chrome and bumpers= heavier than it COULD be. Larry's beef was that somebody COULD come in and crush the class with a true purpose built car. And that he DID by going WAY further than anyone else ever had or intended to. The truck ran exactly what it SHOULD run for what it is. Lutz could have just as easily done some work on his pro-mod Camaro that has run 5.90s and brought it, but instead he chose to build the 57. Larry is a good friend and I understand WHY he did what he did, but as Lutz put it, that "just sucks all the fun out of the class". I agree 100% and actually so does Larry, but he wanted to make a point........and he DID. Now lets see how that POINT effects the Unlimited class. I can't possibly see it making it better, unless the rules are pulled back. If left as is..........it will do one of two things.....KILL the class or produce one or two others who are willing to invest the money and time to do it that way, which makes Unlimited totally a "pro-mods" with plates class............and neither of those options seem fun or appealing to me.

Monte
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 07:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

In reality, there has only ever been ONE real Pro-Mod in the class and that was Dave Ahokas. Bailey's car is glass, but heavy at 3100lbs. Lutz new 57 is glass, but stock dimensions, with all stock chrome and bumpers= heavier than it COULD be. Larry's beef was that somebody COULD come in and crush the class with a true purpose built car. And that he DID by going WAY further than anyone else ever had or intended to. The truck ran exactly what it SHOULD run for what it is. Lutz could have just as easily done some work on his pro-mod Camaro that has run 5.90s and brought it, but instead he chose to build the 57. Larry is a good friend and I understand WHY he did what he did, but as Lutz put it, that "just sucks all the fun out of the class". I agree 100% and actually so does Larry, but he wanted to make a point........and he DID. Now lets see how that POINT effects the Unlimited class. I can't possibly see it making it better, unless the rules are pulled back. If left as is..........it will do one of two things.....KILL the class or produce one or two others who are willing to invest the money and time to do it that way, which makes Unlimited totally a "pro-mods" with plates class............and neither of those options seem fun or appealing to me.

Monte

Well said. They could rein it in by limiting the trailer size to 4 x 4 x 4. Then you could carry tires, a few spares, and tools, not a whole nuther car in pieces.

Klein was impressive, 6's every day with no tailer. That is the way to go IMHO (I know, my humble opinion is not the rule)
I was glad to see Lutz win, after so many attempts. Larsons pass kinda stole his thunder in the media tho. I like that Lutzes car still looks like a real 57 chevy, the best looking car in unlimited.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 07:10 PM

Has anyone heard if there has been a peep out of Andy Frost ? If nothing else, the S-10 should end that debate.
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 07:39 PM

Quote:

Has anyone heard if there has been a peep out of Andy Frost ? If nothing else, the S-10 should end that debate.

Andy Frost wrote something on the bullet.
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 08:03 PM

QUOTE Klein was impressive, 6's every day with no trailer.

Impressive? I was thinking MIND BOGGLING!!
Posted By: mcat4321

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 08:40 PM

i did not rad every post in this thread, i just scanned through it... but what i gather is,
YOU GUYS DONT GET IT!
Larry sat out last year in protest of where the class was going.
this year was meant to show how ridiculous it could get. the truck has steel OEM roof and bed sides. and an oem vin..
also..Larry was approached about doing this..
bangshift did not sponsor it..Chad Reynolds co-owner of Bangshift id Larry's partner in the deal..
the truck was put in impound.
the transformation is easily done by 2 guys.
help was only requested in the time crunch..
the doors were switched for safety, why risk getting t boned with a carbon door.
the trailer was built to exact max specs.
wheels and tires were switched to achieve maximum ride height.
air ride was used in the back as to not tear up the rear shocks..
Larry won 5 times with out a trailer or changing tires..his main goal this year was to make a statement, and to run quicker than Andy Frost...
DONE and DONE

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 08:53 PM

Quote:

QUOTE Klein was impressive, 6's every day with no trailer.

Impressive? I was thinking MIND BOGGLING!!

Impressive and mind boggling.

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 09:24 PM

He just set the bar higher for someone to go even crazier next year without intervention. Maybe a Prince from Saudi Arabia will have a car built. The only statements in a game of one upsmanship are the ones the bank hands out when you are running out of money.

Also dumb question, wouldn't a sub 6 second certified NHRA roll cage provide enough protection in a side impact collision? The door change reason seemed to have a reason other then on road safety.
Posted By: Jamie McGrath

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 09:25 PM

Quote:

Monte

I don't understand why not, I didn't twist the vette owners arm. That was his poor decision when he built the car.

If you have a big a-- you get bigger pants or loose the weight. You don't by the smaller pants and piss and moan you cant zip the zipper..

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 09:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

I don't understand why not, I didn't twist the vette owners arm. That was his poor decision when he built the car.

If you have a big a-- you get bigger pants or loose the weight. You don't by the smaller pants and piss and moan you cant zip the zipper..

What is it you dont understand.. trailer are LEGAL
at DW... if you dont want one FINE but to say... NO
you cant.. sorry.. your WRONG... its within the rules

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 09:40 PM

Quote:

i did not rad every post in this thread, i just scanned through it... but what i gather is,
YOU GUYS DONT GET IT!
this year was meant to show how ridiculous it could get. the truck has steel OEM roof and bed sides. and an oem vin..
bangshift did not sponsor it..Chad Reynolds co-owner of Bangshift id Larry's partner in the deal..
the doors were switched for safety, why risk getting t boned with a carbon door.
Larry won 5 times with out a trailer or changing tires..his main goal this year was to make a statement, and to run quicker than Andy Frost...
DONE and DONE

Chad was the one that got sponsorship from some of the company's that are Bangshift sponsors. The announcer Brian Lohens is also co owner of Bangshift.

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 10:14 PM

Quote:

Maybe a Prince from Saudi Arabia will have a car built. The only statements in a game of one upsmanship are the ones the bank hands out when you are running out of money.

True, it is going to take lots of $$ to win Unlimited. But money alone will not get you very far in this game. You have to be good at it. Very, very good.

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 10:32 PM

Quote:

True, it is going to take lots of $$ to win Unlimited. But money alone will not get you very far in this game. You have to be good at it. Very, very good.

Just hire a very very good passenger that can tune and setup the car! Without having to cut a light, you will only need to be very good instead of very very good.

Someone gave me a free turbo Plymouth Voyager the other day maybe I should enter drag week, definitely won't need a trailer.

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 10:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

YOU GUYS DONT GET IT!
DONE and DONE

Chad was the one that got sponsorship from some of the company's that are Bangshift sponsors. The announcer Brian Lohens is also co owner of Bangshift.

Just because Chad got sponsorship from a company
that is also sponsoring on BS doesnt mean they are
remotely related.. if the company thought it was a
good worth while investment then they would go for it..
I'm sure that Larry himself had investors also.. just
from his past DW winning years.... JMO
Posted By: Jamie McGrath

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 11:13 PM

Yes Mr.P I understand the rules for DW are written. But its my understanding that the rule are good for the next three years? Yes or No?

But my post was directed too Monte, just because someone owns a small car with little too no room even for there lunch box is a poor reason for a trailer, chucked full of spare parts.

Limit the size of the trailer? too what size? little red wagon sounds good too me..

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 11:24 PM

Rules for 2015 and beyond have not been made yet.

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 11:39 PM

Quote:

Rules for 2015 and beyond have not been made yet.

Correct... all rules are subject to change for
THIS COMING year and beyond and as of yet we are
still in the dark

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/17/14 11:42 PM

Quote:

Yes Mr.P I understand the rules for DW are written. But its my understanding that the rule are good for the next three years? Yes or No?

But my post was directed too Monte, just because someone owns a small car with little too no room even for there lunch box is a poor reason for a trailer, chucked full of spare parts.

Limit the size of the trailer? too what size? little red wagon sounds good too me..

This WAS the last year on the current rules.. they
are ALL up for change..... if they want to

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 12:02 AM

Personally, I don't see a single rule that needs changing.

Too many rules and you get a spec. racing series like NASCAR has become.

The creativity and innovation that the current rules allow are what make it interesting.

After all, this DW has had more publicity and exposure due to the controversy than ever before!

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 12:14 AM

Quote:

Personally, I don't see a single rule that needs changing.

Too many rules and you get a spec. racing series like NASCAR has become.

The creativity and innovation that the current rules allow are what make it interesting.

After all, this DW has had more publicity and exposure due to the controversy than ever before!

For the bulk of them I agree.. I dont think that
will be the case

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 12:24 AM

Rule changes: I think the street race categories need to be tightened up a little to bump more cars over into the Super Street classes. SRBB n/a was ridiculously huge but SSBB n/a only had 2 entries on Monday morning.

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 12:46 AM

Quote:

Rule changes: I think the street race categories need to be tightened up a little to bump more cars over into the Super Street classes. SRBB n/a was ridiculously huge but SSBB n/a only had 2 entries on Monday morning.

I think IF I get in next year I'll go into unlimited
just for kicks.. this and DD are all I can go into
according to the current rules... it would open up
a spot in DD... what was there in unlimited this year..
15 entries.... then I wouldnt be in the loser low
life class of DD.. according to some guys on BS..
but I dont care what class as long as I can get in

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 01:56 AM

I need sponsors to pay off my DW 2012 and 13
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 02:08 AM

I haven't done Drag Week but I think it would be a blast and I think my car would survive. What I don't understand is why are guys that don't run Unlimited complaining about guys that do?
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 03:32 AM

Trailers are the argument this year. If they ban trailers next year, people will say there should be no FedEx trucks allowed to show up and deliver parts to the tracks.

Get over it - we live in the era of 6 second drag cars that can drive 1000-1400 miles.

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 03:52 AM

Quote:

I haven't done Drag Week but I think it would be a blast and I think my car would survive. What I don't understand is why are guys that don't run Unlimited complaining about guys that do?

MOST of the guys dont have any bi&ch against the unlimited
guys.. they USUALLY praise them for what they do..
the so called class racers bi&ch at the DD class for
taking up spaces (thats all the classes except the
unlimited)... at least its that way on BS
Posted By: HemiRick

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 04:03 AM

Agreed they should have a min. ET rule so those 15 sec daily drivers cannot get in.....leave those spaces open for fast cars.

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 04:09 AM

Quote:

Agreed they should have a min. ET rule so those 15 sec daily drivers cannot get in.....leave those spaces open for fast cars.

That would kill any chance if them having imports show up! LOL!

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 04:22 AM

Quote:

All that would occur is people with their street car
would go into the classes either BB or SB... then you
have slower cars in the different classes... but they
all pay the same price to get in and they have as
much right as the next guy... and if you limit the
number of DD cars they just go into a class
EDIT
being what I built I can either be in DD or unlimited
so should I be banned in unlimited if I can only run
10.0 due to no NHRA license anymore.. but this year
there were 12 second cars in unlimited and 15 second
cars in the past

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 04:58 AM

Quote:

but this year there were 12 second cars in unlimited and 15 second cars in the past

I was pulling for the white D100 to win unlimited
Posted By: HemiRick

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 05:02 AM

The min ET rule would apply to all classes....no slow cars at drag week.
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 05:03 AM

I thought part of the reason Larson built the truck was because he got called out in an interview with Andy Frost.

I'd like to see Larson get a 5 second pass in with the truck, then sell it and go back to running his Nova. The Nova is 10x cooler than the S10 even if it may end up being a second slower in the 1/4.

Although I also agree that unlimited should mean unlimited. If somebody can get a funny car plated and have it survive 1000 miles of street driving, more power to them.

Maybe Hot Rod should start a "Nostalgia Unlimited" class, that is only for steel bodied cars?

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 05:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

but this year there were 12 second cars in unlimited and 15 second cars in the past

I was pulling for the white D100 to win unlimited

That was my buddy, Casey Cunningham. We have done Drag Week together 3 times now. He decided that his chances were better in Unlimited than in SR SB PA.

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 05:10 AM

Quote:

Requiring all competitors to run a drag tire, bias or radial would go a long way towards weeding out the stock pickups or stuff like that.

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 05:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Requiring all competitors to run a drag tire, bias or radial would go a long way towards weeding out the stock pickups or stuff like that.

Are you talking a DOT or the drag radials... but it
HAS to be legal on the road.. or HRM would be in trouble

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 12:39 PM

I think it's great that people who don't participate in drag week are the ones that want to change the rules. It's not a spectator event. It's a participant event. Let the ones who participate make their voices heard and modify the rules.

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 12:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Got a link please?

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 02:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Got a link please?

Here ya go

September 17th, 2014, 06:37 PM
It's been a very interesting week in the street legal racing world, that has seen us knocked off the top spot in ET by the Larson race cars team and all their backers. The congrats have been said by us, and rightly so.
On reflection there's a few things we achieved that the RV team are really proud of.
1/ For 2 1/2 years we held the title of Worlds quickest and fastest street legal car. We did this from England and only able to run on one track.
2/ We changed the face of stre...et legal racing with the way our car was designed and built. Like or dislike that is a true statement. And as proved this week it took an very similar set up to beat the numbers we put up.
3/ We made the whole street legal racing world sit up and take notice of our scene here. And that is not just me, but others that are racing here too.
4/ We proved that with hard work, the will to succeed, and a great team of people dedicated to the job in hand you can achieve great things.
The RV team achieved more than it ever hoped for the last 3 years.We did this having one track to run on,very limited track time and a limited budget.
We are still number 2 in the world in ET,and still number 1 in MPH. How bad can that be!
So what can we do about getting the ET record back? Pretty much nothing, unless we get a major cash injection/ parts donation to the team. That isn't on the cards unfortunately. There is ET/MPH left in the car, but certainly not 5 second ET's with our current engine combination.
So what is the future for the team? We really don't know to be honest. Cash is king in this game, and we're light on that. The only thing we can do is chip away at what we have, and with the limited track time we get. No complaints, it's just the way it is for us...
We are going to do some stuff over the coming months, for a little project of ours. All will be revealed on that via this page.
And we will fix for good the Bruno drive issues that cropped up at the Euro finals. The Marc Lamude engine/Precision turbo combo will have to stay the same, and with only 6 runs on it this year we're not planning on pulling it apart.
So to finish up, we're not downhearted, we're proud of our little team, sponsors and supporters.. The better man has the title for now. Who knows what could happen in the future...
Frosty.

Posted By: ross

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 04:00 PM

Quote:

I think it's great that people who don't participate in drag week are the ones that want to change the rules. It's not a spectator event. It's a participant event. Let the ones who participate make their voices heard and modify the rules.

Well said

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 04:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I mean when they are at the track. Drag radial or regular slicks. They could run whatever they wanted on the highway. Most "Plan B" people would not likely go to the expense of buying a set of drag tires just to fit their 3/4 ton pickup. Much less change tires every day to make their passes.

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 04:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I mean when they are at the track. Drag radial or regular slicks. They could run whatever they wanted on the highway. Most "Plan B" people would not likely go to the expense of buying a set of drag tires just to fit their 3/4 ton pickup. Much less change tires every day to make their passes.

Ok... got ya... I know the race director would like
that also.. he doesnt like the street tires(from
what he said to a few of us last year at Bowling
Green on the last day)

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 04:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think its a great idea
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 05:06 PM

I don't know...there are alot of fast and (F.A.S.T.) cars running regular street tires.

Some classes are based around regular street radials now...If someone wants to try to put down numbers on a small street tire...why stop them?

To be honest, I feel no different about a 3/4 ton truck running than a brand new blue mustang hot lapping all day...

I plan to enter next year, providing it is a little more north (as I have no trailer to haul my junk), but will be in SRBB-NA or DD. No bar limits me to 11.50, so I won't be competitive...but it should be fun...

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 07:24 PM

Quote:

I don't know...there are alot of fast and (F.A.S.T.) cars running regular street tires.

Some classes are based around regular street radials now...If someone wants to try to put down numbers on a small street tire...why stop them?

To be honest, I feel no different about a 3/4 ton truck running than a brand new blue mustang hot lapping all day...

I plan to enter next year, providing it is a little more north (as I have no trailer to haul my junk), but will be in SRBB-NA or DD. No bar limits me to 11.50, so I won't be competitive...but it should be fun...

My buddy was running red lines on his FAST car(it
was Dudecs old hemi car) and they were having issues
but still run 11.0.. they were trying to get 10.80
EDIT
We'll just have to wait to see what and IF any rules
change but I suspect there will be some changes
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 07:56 PM

Quote:

EDIT

Wasn't that car smoking bad on the first day? What was causing that?

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 08:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:

EDIT

Not sure if it was smoking.. but they had oil pressure
issues all week long
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 09:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

EDIT

issues all week long

I think it was the first day I was watching the live feed and it was huffing hard even when they staged the car...got worse going down the track. Ran a real low 11 sec ET. I knew the car and was curious as to what was hurt.

Re: Larson at drag week - 09/18/14 10:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

EDIT

issues all week long

I think it was the first day I was watching the live feed and it was huffing hard even when they staged the car...got worse going down the track. Ran a real low 11 sec ET. I knew the car and was curious as to what was hurt.

I havent heard from Rick(the owner) what the problem
was/is.. or of the oil pressure issue.... I watched
very little of the live feed due to I only have so
much ban I can play with each day
© 2024 Moparts Forums