Moparts

Champion Wheel anyone use them?

Posted By: Quickrunner

Champion Wheel anyone use them? - 09/16/14 05:11 PM

Anyone use Champion Wheel billet racing wheels? They look nice and have decent price for bead lock rears. Any experience with them good or bad?
Posted By: GY3

Re: Champion Wheel anyone use them? - 09/16/14 05:22 PM

Do a search on Yellowbullet.

Lots of threads about them.

Some good experiences and some bad.
Posted By: sdaurity

Re: Champion Wheel anyone use them? - 09/16/14 05:43 PM

Have ordered a few sets. Had a ordering issue once that was taken care of. They are very nice wheels for the price just a little on the heavy side if your use to weld magnums/ 2.0 etc.
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: Champion Wheel anyone use them? - 09/16/14 05:43 PM

i got them no problem so far
Posted By: BJS racing

Re: Champion Wheel anyone use them? - 09/16/14 06:24 PM

If you are thinking of double bead locks make sure that you check with them. They use a small drum so there has been many issues with brake to wheel clearance with them. Other than that they are really a nice (heavier) wheel and the people up there are pretty good people. If you have a question they will do what they can to answer them.
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Champion Wheel anyone use them? - 09/16/14 11:29 PM

Have you considered Holeshot Wheels?
They are available with beadlocks, lots of brake clearance, fronts are available in 1 piece billet, many style options and they can make many custom adjustments if needed. They are pretty light, but still strong. I've had them on my cars for many, many years. Great reputation and customer service.

Holeshot Wheels
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Champion Wheel anyone use them? - 09/16/14 11:47 PM

I LOVE those Mickey pro 5 wheels. They are sweet!!!!
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: Champion Wheel anyone use them? - 09/17/14 01:45 AM

weld or Mickey are the lightest and nicest.
Posted By: Quickrunner

Re: Champion Wheel anyone use them? - 09/17/14 02:49 AM

I like the mickeys also but don't see the new ones with small backspacing like I want on a 12 inch rim. I had a set of the previous version on my roadrunner and loved them.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Champion Wheel anyone use them? - 09/17/14 04:28 AM

I had a good buying experience with them. The only issue was the front wheel hit the caliper.Needed a .400 spacer to clear the caliper. When you look at all the different wheels,all the attention is on the rear hoop. The fronts are available in 2 backspace choices. The way the spoke is,it wouldn't matter with the backspace.
Since they make wheels to order,I could have maybe had them build a rim with a .400 thicker mounting pad.

Attached picture 8272522-3.16.14001.jpg
Posted By: racerx

Re: Champion Wheel anyone use them? - 09/17/14 12:23 PM

I have a set of there rims on my e-body

I had a set of the weld draglites and they were a lot liter than them
© 2024 Moparts Forums