Moparts

sell out for a hellcat?

Posted By: sixpackgut

sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 01:06 AM

I cant stop thinking about it. Anyone else thinking the same thing? I want a charger so bad it hurts
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 01:16 AM

Do it. You'll never look back.
Posted By: GY3

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 01:21 AM

Quote:

I cant stop thinking about it. Anyone else thinking the same thing? I want a charger so bad it hurts

Very much so!
Posted By: Crizila

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 01:44 AM

Quote:

Awesome, but - - - - "Store bought"! My tow vehicle is "store bought".

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 01:51 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Awesome, but - - - - "Store bought"! My tow vehicle is "store bought".

Thats the part that gets me too.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 01:55 AM

I do like the Charger, much more than the Challenger, but no. for that kind of money you could have a sweeet 9 second car that you can drive to the beach and back.

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 02:17 AM

Well the GF doesnt like the idea of me selling out. I think shes afraid I'll go back to my old habits. I even said " do you know how much time I could save driving 200 mph?"
Didnt go over well
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 02:22 AM

A 204mph 4 door has so much win it is blinding I agree. If I was in a better position financially I would jump on one. I'm in downsize mode now, gonna unload wife's 09 Aspen for a 12 200S to cut costs and allow more breathing room for the Dart.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 02:27 AM

Next Fall I can withdraw money from my 401K funds without paying the 10% penalty. My 2 boys better behave themselves or Daddy's gonna get a new ride.

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 02:48 AM

Quote:

A 204mph 4 door has so much win it is blinding I agree. If I was in a better position financially I would jump on one. I'm in downsize mode now, gonna unload wife's 09 Aspen for a 12 200S to cut costs and allow more breathing room for the Dart.

I want a 2015 200 also
Posted By: ProSport

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 02:56 AM

I already answered that question for myself, although not as good as a Hellcat, I had a Kenne-Bell supercharged 6 speed manual Mustang with 10 pounds of boost, modified suspension, big stereo.

It was fun for a year, then I had to get back into an old Mopar!

Attached picture 8251702-IMAG0332.jpg

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 03:11 AM

Quote:

I already answered that question for myself, although not as good as a Hellcat, I had a Kenne-Bell supercharged 6 speed manual Mustang with 10 pounds of boost, modified suspension, big stereo.

It was fun for a year, then I had to get back into an old Mopar!

I didnt know you got rid of the mustang. Thats interesting
Posted By: ProSport

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 03:30 AM

It was fun but it wasn't my thing, I enjoy tuning and wrenching, it was all computer controlled so it got boring to me. I'm building my Duster from the ground up so it will keep me busy for quite some time, hope to be driving it in a few weeks!

Hellcats are cool but I can't help but think of the amazing car that I could build with that kind of money. $$$
Posted By: BEEQUIK

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 03:39 AM

Ok the hellcat will be very cool. BUT you could build a 392 hemi challenger with a pro charger for way less and it would have more HP. I drove a yellow jacket with a 392 and a pro charger and it was sick! a little sluggish with drag radials and the factory 3.06 rear gears ,but with a converter and a set of 3.91s a solid low 11 or high ten second car with A/C,leather and a wailing stereo! But I sold my SRT challenger and am now back to working on my dart.I think that high horsepower should be jerky,scary and out of control. Having a ton of HP in my daily driver was a little too tempting for me most of the time.I will most likely get another ,but it will be after my dart is done.
Posted By: 383man

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 03:42 AM

No way. Its cool they are making it but no way would I sell my 63 for one. Ron
Posted By: Crizila

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 03:47 AM

Quote:

Well the GF doesnt like the idea of me selling out. I think shes afraid I'll go back to my old habits. I even said " do you know how much time I could save driving 200 mph?"
Didnt go over well

Rising costs of racing at the track is sure driving us all in that direction though - or street racing . I am moving towards an alternative ( after drag racing for over 40 years ). Gonna be building a 33 Plymouth coupe street rod with a 360 / 727. It will fill my needs to build / turn a wrench and it will be fully streetable( heat, A/C, wipers, tunes, etc ) and should run mid 12's if / when the itch needs scratching. Looking forward to it. Guess I will be jumping between this and the street rod forum.
Posted By: cesar perez

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 04:50 AM

iam also thinking in that directon running tens with a factory warranty.. also seeing race tracks closing all over the country
Posted By: cudatom

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 05:47 AM

Just hope that the closings dont happen around here. We are pretty lucky, Quaker City, Norwalk, National Trails, Thompson, Magnolia and Pacemaker are all w/in 30 min to 2hrs away. If 42 gets done we will have a 7th track to race at. Would be sad to see any close.
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 06:29 AM

A couple years ago, it was the Mustang that was the hot ticket.. this year its the Hellcat.. in a couple years who knows what it'll be.. In fact, I've heard rumor they will be pushing the 4-digit mark by 2020....

I say hold on to your money because it's a never ending battle chasing the hottest cars
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 07:28 AM

There is rumor the V10 is getting a blower and will be 860hp and in a Viper of course.
Posted By: gregsrt

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 07:38 AM

If I could sell and afford a new Hellcat in my choice of color I would do it in a heartbeat.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 02:10 PM

The thought has crossed my mind several times. It'd be nice to have daily driver comforts and still be fast. But at the end of the day, it'd be just another challenger/charger on the road that wouldn't really get noticed.
If I was going to get one, it'd definitely be the Charger.

I'm in the same boat as Bob (ProSport), I had a 2002 Z28 Camaro for a while and had fun w/ it. Got bored and sold it last year.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 02:56 PM

Heck If I sold my Dart it would just make a down payment . Plus if I bought a new Hellcat I'd have to work a few more years to pay it off. I'm thinking I'll keep my Dart, trade for a new truck next year and retire in five years.
Posted By: FASTFISH420

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 04:00 PM

I spent a good 15 years of my life focusing on my racecar,so I put it in hibernation.I bought a 2010 Srt8 Challenger had it for 3 years..sold it and bought a 14 Shelby GT500 Mustang and have had so much fun with it easy to mod..it s a cool feeling driving a 200mph factory musclcar
Posted By: MattW

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 04:46 PM

Quote:

Here an Idea. transplant the powertrain into your car

Matt
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 06:28 PM

Wonder how a Charger Hellcat would look with a trailer hitch...

I would buy one in a heartbeat to replace my trailblazer SS.....if it could....it has the passenger capacity for the family....but not the towing.
Posted By: TheOtherDodge

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 07:32 PM

For those saying "just buy a R/T or SRT and put a blower on it and be much cheaper" won't get you into the low 11's on street tires. Do you realize the new Challenger/Charger has a lot of changes in addition to the new powerplant?
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 07:37 PM

Quote:

Wonder how a Charger Hellcat would look with a trailer hitch...

I would buy one in a heartbeat to replace my trailblazer SS.....if it could....it has the passenger capacity for the family....but not the towing.

OT, but how is the TBSS for towing? Looking at them for my next DD, But I'd like to be able to haul the car on an open trailer...
Posted By: MattW

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 10:05 PM

Quote:

For those saying "just buy a R/T or SRT and put a blower on it and be much cheaper" won't get you into the low 11's on street tires. Do you realize the new Challenger/Charger has a lot of changes in addition to the new powerplant?

AFAIK the engine is the same. Block and heads anyways.
The rods and pistons are different and the cam. Matt

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 10:21 PM

One other thing about having your own hotrod or atleast with mine is the pride you have in something you built yourself. Many like me spent years building your car and it is a nice sense of pride knowing you built it yourself. But as I said along with that I am just to much of a lover of the older muscle cars and will never sell my 63. If I was rich I might buy a Hellcat for my daily driver. Ron
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 11:10 PM

Quote:

One other thing about having your own hotrod or atleast with mine is the pride you have in something you built yourself. Many like me spent years building your car and it is a nice sense of pride knowing you built it yourself. But as I said along with that I am just to much of a lover of the older muscle cars and will never sell my 63. If I was rich I might buy a Hellcat for my daily driver. Ron

I also like being different. So I would have to personalize the Hell Cat in some way. More $
Gas Guzler tax
High insurance premiums ?
Annual property tax.
Just the sales tax here would be $3600.00

Mark
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 11:24 PM

Insurance on the hellcat would be a real big deal I'd bet.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/26/14 11:44 PM

You guys forget Hellcat has warranty and building your own doesn't .

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/27/14 04:56 AM

I love my old cars. My favorite car at the moment is my shaggin wagon 77 van. Bur i really like the new chargers and the hellcat charger looks even more bad azz.

So today i decided to take what would be a car payment and ad that to a mortgage on a building. In 5 years, ill reflect on this decision to not sell out.

Would like a new 200 though so i dont look like a redneck all the time
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/27/14 05:46 AM

Was at test and tune last Friday - quickest car there was a C6 Z06 running low 11's on drag radials.

Think, you could pull up in a STOCK 4-door Charger Hellcat and blow his doors off. Drag radials and you're probably running 10.70's.

Then A/C and 900 watts, 18 speakers on the ride home. Mine "only" runs 12's and I was top 3 quickest car there that night too.

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/27/14 08:30 AM

Quote:

Yes and the Hellcat cost way more money then I have in my car. Ron
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/27/14 01:54 PM

Quote:

so i dont look like a redneck all the time

You can't hide that Ray.
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/27/14 04:21 PM

Quote:

While agree this is a great concept,,,, I personally have not had positive results from warranty repairs, at dealerships. Quite the opposite in fact.
I really don't want them working on my car if I can prevent it.
Oh and .............

" YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT" would apply to the Hell Cats for sure!

Mark
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/27/14 07:55 PM

Jesus, you guys are drooling over 4 door cars now?? Next, you'll be buying a box of Depends and a Hurry-Cane!
Posted By: TheOtherDodge

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/27/14 09:37 PM

Dave, what's wrong with 4 doors?

Attached picture 8253227-AMGback.jpg
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/28/14 03:45 AM

Quote:

Dave, what's wrong with 4 doors?

I guess I struck a nerve...
Posted By: ddartdude

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/28/14 03:37 PM

I'd trade my D/Dart for one. Even. But it would have to be painted Granite Crystal Metalic.
Posted By: Leigh

Re: sell out for a hellcat? - 08/29/14 10:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

While agree this is a great concept,,,, I personally have not had positive results from warranty repairs, at dealerships. Quite the opposite in fact.
I really don't want them working on my car if I can prevent it.
Oh and .............

" YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT" would apply to the Hell Cats for sure!

Mark

Pretty insiteful post. I've worked in dealerships since 1978, and witnessed the system that techs work with (flat rate). It's not the greatest combination for a touchy feely, "spend extra time on my Hellcat". Flat rate techs operate in a, "get it done as fast as possible" environment. As their productivity shrinks, so does their net pay, and then the pressure microscope from the consultants analysis trickles to the Service Manager via the Dealer Principle reports. I have seen the nicest, most intelligent newbies get into the trade because of their love of automobiles, and then turn car apathetic in their spare time. My experience is a low percentage of dealer Service and Parts employee's deal with cars outside of work. Pretty sad.
© 2024 Moparts Forums