Looks different.

Attached picture 8219400-DSC_6184.jpg
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/25/14 06:49 PM

Second pic is us..........first pic is a turbo car

Monte
Posted By: ChrgrCuda

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/25/14 07:14 PM

The first one is much nicer!! I do love GN's!!
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/25/14 08:00 PM

Quote:

I think the 2nd one has a motor with the correct number of cylinders in it though.

I've got huge love for the G-bodies too, love them done up as drag cars. My good friend had an '84 Regal and another had an '87 Cutlass.

Posted By: STEFF

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/25/14 09:23 PM

Quote:

Monte

Didn't notice that at first...
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/25/14 11:00 PM

Quote:

Monte

Great Bunch of Guys that Henderson Team

Rickster

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/26/14 02:30 AM

Quote:

They are both Grand Nationals........the first one has a twin turbo BBC and the second has a nitrous BBC......but I guess technically the first is closer to a true Grand National since it has a turbo........lol

Monte
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/26/14 02:54 AM

I've always been impressed with the GNs. several years ago the Buick club met at a local track, and I won't forget that GN that idled by like a stocker and then ran a 10

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/26/14 04:41 AM

Too bad. Ruined a cool car by making it another ho hum BBC car. Oh well, it will be for
sale I'm sure eventually on Racingjunk dot com at a fire sale price.
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/26/14 05:20 AM

Quote:

Too bad. Ruined a cool car by making it another ho hum BBC car. Oh well, it will be for

Yep......

Attached picture 8219985-13_Haters_Gonna_Hate-s600x448-62668.jpg
Posted By: Joshs68

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/26/14 04:08 PM

My opinion is they are one of the best looking cars out there.
Posted By: challenger451ci

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/26/14 04:15 PM

Quote:

True dat!! They were made to be race cars out of the box.

Not sure how "ho hum" and deep in the 4's can describe the same car either???
Posted By: dvw

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/26/14 04:16 PM

Quote:

Looks different.

Not a big fan of the body. But I am a BIG fan of the results
Doug
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/26/14 04:17 PM

I agree on the looks of the Buick..... but the sound of that V6 was just plain WRONG!
Posted By: Mopar-Al

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/26/14 07:04 PM

I saw this car take the win light and the money 2 weeks ago or so in Huntsville. It's all sorted out and can hold it's own with just about anyone that wants to get side by side. I don't build Chevies, unless it's for a friend. But I do enjoy fast muscle cars of any brand. You just can't beat fast and quick, no matter what brand it is installed in. ALAN

Quote:

Looks different.

Posted By: SpareParts

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/26/14 07:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

True dat!! They were made to be race cars out of the box.

Not sure how "ho hum" and deep in the 4's can describe the same car either???

Ignorance played a factor??
That's about all I can say without this post reminding you that this is a family friendly site.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/26/14 09:01 PM

Quote:

Chad and Monte have been racing that car heads up for over ten years so I wouldn't hope to see it on racing junk any time soon. Lol Haters goin hate
Posted By: therocks

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/26/14 09:44 PM

I never thought the GNs were super hot.Then we got one in the shop that we installed upgrades to the computer and a few other things.Took it for a test drive and that thing screamed.One fast car for a V6.Rocky

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/26/14 11:15 PM

Quote:

Meanwhile Chad and his BBC Buick will be running 4's in the 8th....

Rickster

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/27/14 07:15 PM

Quote:

Don't count on it being for sale and definitely NOT at a fire sale price.

As far as cool, it is much cooler NOW, since it is fast. Plus, it was already a race car when Chad bought it.

Ho hum BBC car or not, how many G-bodies you seen that still have stock front and rear suspension and run 4.20s in the 1/8 on drag radials.........yep, just another ho hum Buick with a BBC

Monte

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/27/14 07:21 PM

Another pic of the "ho hum" Buick on its way to a mid 4.20s pass at Holly Springs MS.

Monte

Attached picture 8221217-IMG950763(1).png
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/27/14 08:06 PM

Quote:

Another pic of the "ho hum" Buick on its way to a mid 4.20s pass at Holly Springs MS.

Monte

the car is bad ass, i have seen it run. can't believe we have buick purist on a mopar website
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/27/14 09:30 PM

I seen it run at Indy a few years back. It is making some steam at 600 feet
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/27/14 09:58 PM

Back in the early '90's when I was still in the GSCA guys were already putting BB Buicks and Chevies in GN's. It costs a lot of money to make a V-6 fast AND hold together. Hell, even Lawrence Conley went BBC.

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 12:05 AM

Even with all of the fanboy comments I'm still yawning. I think an insurance
seminar would be more fascinating than, yes another cookie cutter BBC powdered
Buick. Flame away now....

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 12:32 AM

.....just another reminder that NHRA should put Pro Stock on a 10.5!
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 12:33 AM

Quote:

Here, is this better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K15ANt28Gk

Mark

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 12:52 AM

Quote:

I don't care what it is......4.20's to the 1/8 in anything is Darn impressive. Most Mopars can't even run 4.20 to the 330.
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 02:16 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Yep......

I think everybody hates everybody on this site anymore. Sure seems that way.
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 02:31 AM

Quote:

I'm with the captain on this one...........

Attached picture 8221601-facepalm.jpg

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 02:58 AM

Yep.......haters is always hatin...........LOL. As a car guy myself, anything that runs hard impresses me. Don't care what badge is on it, or whats under the hood.

But I guess I can see where a 2800lb radial car that goes 1.0s in 60ft and low 2.80s to 330 would be a little bit of a snooze compared to the guys SRT car........LOL!!!

Funny he isn't ragging on the first car Steff showed and it has a BBC as well..........maybe he just don't like nitrous......that's cheating ya know..........haha.

Monte

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 03:11 AM

Lol I got a plate to send you to help me cheat more next year.

Does the Buick have a radio?
Posted By: GTS340

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 03:18 AM

Quote:

Yep.......haters is always hatin...........LOL. As a car guy myself, anything that runs hard impresses me. Don't care what badge is on it, or whats under the hood.

But I guess I can see where a 2800lb radial car that goes 1.0s in 60ft and low 2.80s to 330 would be a little bit of a snooze compared to the guys SRT car........LOL!!!

Funny he isn't ragging on the first car Steff showed and it has a BBC as well..........maybe he just don't like nitrous......that's cheating ya know..........haha.

Monte

Jealousy is a bee-itch. That's all it boils down to! It's a lot more than just raw horsepower getting a stock suspension drag radial car to run those sick numbers. Can't leave one stone unturned in that car.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 04:18 AM

Quote:

Well played sir.
Posted By: moparmafia

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 04:53 AM

Quote:

Monte

Wow i really didnt expect to come on my favorite mopar site and expect to see mopars being made fun of or a stock daily driver compared to an all out chevy race car.Its cool that the chevy car is fast but i couldnt care less about it. my neighbor has a fast bbc and so does my cousin and my uncle etc. and they are faster than my 440 roadrunner but i wouldnt trade it for all of them because i hate chevys fast or not. if i had the money they have spent on these cars im sure i could run right with them in my mopar.
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 05:03 AM

Quote:

Monte

Monte,I am a car guy and have owned Mopars, Fords and Chevy's and I can dig on anything thats fast hell I had a few vetts that where pretty damnn fast and would cruise down the interstate well over 100 mph all day long with the air blowin cold and the radio blasting getting better than 20MPG
All is good

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 05:33 AM

I'm sure you're very popular in your local trailer park. Never compared my SRT to an
all out race car or said anything about it. As usual by your posts, if it were
up to you everyone here would have a BBC in there Mopar.

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 06:12 AM

Quote:

I'm sure you're very popular in your local trailer park. Never compared my SRT to an
all out race car or said anything about it. As usual by your posts, if it were
up to you everyone here would have a BBC in there Mopar.

You started the "cookie cutter" stuff, not me............I was just referencing your list of "rides" you have listed there. Not seeing where you are out on a limb being different, yet our car is "cookie cutter" is where the reference to the SRT came in.

When have I EVER suggested somebody put a Chevy motor in their Mopar..........I will save you the research. The answer is never. Do I suggest powerglides and 9" rears for certain cars, you bet your ass. Do I complain that as Mopar people we have no parts to compete with GM on a level basis, you bet your ass again.........but if you think that means I want Mopar guys to put GM engines in their cars, your reading comprehension is off.

I am KING of MY trailer park.......LOL!!!!

Last thing, don't like my posts, don't read them.......or better yet, put me on ignore. This thread didn't concern you at all, yet you chose to start the crap by downing our car and saying we "ruined" it and it would be for sale on racing junk cheap before long. So exactly what purpose did THOSE comments serve. It's pretty simple, you start crap, you get it back

Monte

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 06:27 AM

I don't really give two $hit$ about you, your car, or what horse you rode
in on. I was actually admiring the first GN, but as usual you got touchy(insecure?)
that I wasn't awe inspired that it had been turned into yes another cookie
cutter BBC. Not really sure why you frequent a so called Mopar site. However I do
thank you for the advice regarding the Ignore button. Now I hope you can get
back to your buddies out in the yard with your flip flops, Natural Light, and y'all bragging about your
BBC Walmart valve covers and Autozone steering wheel covers.
Posted By: Mopar-Al

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 07:13 AM

Quote:

in on. I was actually admiring the first GN, but as usual you got touchy(insecure?)
cutter BBC. Not really sure why you frequent a so called Mopar site. However I do
back to your buddies out in the yard with your flip flops, Natural Light, and y'all bragging about your

Yer just plane weird. Please put me on your ignore list as well

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 07:30 AM

Quote:

Well, you give enough $hit$ about me to open a thread simply titled "Monte Smith"..........thanks for your support

And as for WHY I am on a Mopar site......well it could be the fact that I own 8 at the current time, have always raced a Mopar and so did my dad. I currently have 8 Mopars, a Jeep, one Ford truck and a Mercedes. You will notice NO GM cars on that list, nor have I EVER owned a GM car. Now I DO have a jet boat with a 500" BBC, so I guess you can hold THAT against me.

It's crowded around my trailer..........LOL........we barely have room for the beer cooler and the rusted out grill

Monte
Posted By: Charger453

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 07:45 AM

Quote:

^^^Who the F is this guy?!^^^

I don't post on here much as I mainly just browse thru and learn what I can, bust damn man, Monte is one of the few that consistently knows his [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] and gives good advice. As an outsider looking in with an unbiased opinion, you started the crap talking. This is why I stripped the plum crazy off my car, added a cowl scoop, and threw on a Procharger. I don't want to be associated with Mopar purists. I dig my Mopars but I appreciate everything and a 4.20 1/8 car sure isn't some "cookie cutter."
Posted By: deaks

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 09:24 AM

I have been coming on this site quite a while and the reason i frequent this section the most is the good tech info from certain people. Now i'm no fanboy of anybody and i dont get easily offended either. My point is a lot of the really knowledgable people dont post on here much now, i include Monte as one of those and Like Jeff and Dan( RIP )were, Dwayne and Todd of comp wedge now, he has that straight talking no nonsense style i like backed up with experience and expertise.
So keep posting please Monte, a lot of people's cars are moving forward with your knowledge.
Mick
Posted By: therocks

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 11:38 AM

IIRC Monte werent you tuning BKs Super Bird Pro Mod car a few years back.You just dont walk up and start tuning a car like that.It takes know how.Rocky
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 12:36 PM

Quote:

Do you even know who Monte Smith is? Or what car made him famous?
Or who's cars he tunes?
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 01:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Or who's cars he tunes?

I'm still trying to figure out what is wrong with flip flops and Natural Light.
Posted By: GTS340

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 02:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Or who's cars he tunes?

I'm still trying to figure out what is wrong with flip flops and Natural Light.

Nothing wrong with it, but I prefer bare foot and Natural Ice

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 02:18 PM

Quote:

I realize from reading your posts your hard headed, but both cars have BBC in them!!! Only difference is ones nitrous and ones turbo.

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 03:10 PM

I am a flip flops and Busch light guy myself.

Maybe that makes me the prince of the trailer park. I do have a lifted 4 door chevy truck.
Posted By: mshred

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 03:18 PM

Wow, it is posts like in this thread that make me hate being associated as a "mopar guy" even though I am one....just not like the purists who "hate chevy's" LOL...what are we, 3????

For some reason Monte gets a LOT of flack on this site...He tells it like it is and has experience to back it up- how many of us can say we tune on cars that fast and make them WORK...yea, not many. He has forgotten more then most of us will know, so instead of running guys like him off the site, stay out of threads with his name in them or stop badgering him with immature [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] like whats in here....

BTW, both of those Buick's are Badazz!
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 03:45 PM

I've owned and been around Mopars all of my life, I've messed with some chevy (not mine) roundy round cars and pulling trucks over the years. Never owned a gm though. I like to look at all brands of cars, it gives me ideas and I like to see how other people do stuff. I'm not a chevy fan but I can appreciate the work it takes to make any of them fast. Sure go fast parts for GMs are easy to get compared to Mopars and I'm envious, but I don't hate them. The LS engines intrigue me but I'll never own one.

I will say this, I'll look at some guys Camaro that just made a fast pass or that looks and sounds nasty before I'll walk over and look at some guy with a numbers match Cuda. Then listen him tell that it has original lug studs, nos springs on the rear brakes and date coded radio knobs. Hot rods are my thing, not show poodles.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 03:52 PM

The Buicks are very cool cars. I have friends that have run them. My old neighbor had one that looked bone stock and ran 10.80's. Running 4.20 in the 1/8 in anything is pretty cool. I'll admit it'd be cooler in a mopar, so maybe some mopar guys with deeeeeep pockets should build one .
Posted By: cudadon

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 03:55 PM

[/quote Most Mopars can't even run 4.20 to the 330.

Hey steff my Barracuda does 3.71 in 330 naturally aspirated. It does have a Fab 9 though.

Not as fast as Chad's but it's mine!

Monte I would love to see Chad's car run. Do you go north, Indy, Rt 66 etc.?

PS hope I don't get my secret decoder ring taken away for having a 9" in my Barracuda!
Don

Attached picture 8222044-8-2-093ofus.jpg

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 04:01 PM

Quote:

Wow, it is posts like in this thread that make me hate being associated as a "mopar guy" even though I am one....just not like the purists who "hate chevy's" LOL...what are we, 3????

For some reason Monte gets a LOT of flack on this site...He tells it like it is and has experience to back it up- how many of us can say we tune on cars that fast and make them WORK...yea, not many. He has forgotten more then most of us will know, so instead of running guys like him off the site, stay out of threads with his name in them or stop badgering him with immature [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] like whats in here....

BTW, both of those Buick's are Badazz!

Totally agree. We should thank guys like Monte for hanging around and being willing to share some knowledge.

What are we the engine swap police?
Posted By: MattW

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 04:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Well, you give enough $hit$ about me to open a thread simply titled "Monte Smith"..........thanks for your support

And as for WHY I am on a Mopar site......well it could be the fact that I own 8 at the current time, have always raced a Mopar and so did my dad. I currently have 8 Mopars, a Jeep, one Ford truck and a Mercedes. You will notice NO GM cars on that list, nor have I EVER owned a GM car. Now I DO have a jet boat with a 500" BBC, so I guess you can hold THAT against me.

It's crowded around my trailer..........LOL........we barely have room for the beer cooler and the rusted out grill

Monte

Monte Monte Monte.

You should know better.
All your hard work means nothing around here. Everybody knows all you have to do is bolt some BBC parts together and anybody can run those numbers.
My is toss in a lowban apply , 8 3/4 and a factory appearing part and you will be faster than ever.
to all your hard work. I know you didn't get there overnight.
Matt.

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 04:07 PM

Quote:

PS hope I don't get my secret decoder ring taken away for having a 9" in my Barracuda!
Don

No, we won't take you're ring, but we won't tell you what the new secret handshake is.
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 04:11 PM

flip flops and craft beer here...

as for the ignorant purists...no comment
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 04:27 PM

Ok...Are the haters about done bashing? Geeze..Give it a break! I like reading what he has to say. No doubt in my mind that Monte can tune an engine and set up a car. No matter what it is...

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 04:40 PM

I didn't realize asking about a cool car would start such a storm!! LOL!!

And, I am also wondering the same thing......what's wrong with trailer parks, flip flops and cheap beer?

I once lived in a trailer park. But, I prefer crocks and hard cider though.....
Posted By: Airwoofer

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 04:47 PM

Quote:

Actually it does and I have watched ole Monte use it to their advantage as the staging beams broke at the last race I saw them at. And I think it's red tennis shoes, not flip flops. LOL.

The best thing to hate about that car is the 1.0 60' on the same 315 DRs that my little KOS 499 would just spin.

Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 04:49 PM

Quote:

And, I am also wondering the same thing......what's wrong with trailer parks, flip flops and cheap beer?

Steff did you hear about the girl that was murdered
in Armada the other day.. figured your kids might
have known her... ok back to the BS
Posted By: MRMOPAR622

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 05:03 PM

Thanks Monte,after seeing them want to Hang you because of the GN,I'm Damn glad I did not tell them about my long time friend that lives only a few miles down the road from me Drag Radial Corvette! It's not that I do not like you its just better they Hang you than me!
PS did I forget to mention it is the Fastest Drag Radial car of all out there at this time!Some even say the World!
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 05:24 PM

Listening to too many MOPAR people for far too long, is it any wonder that even "traditional" Pontiac fans have access to a slew of readily available hardcore race parts, including killer blocks and heads......while we sit around holding our cranks(hafts)???

If guys aren't crying about the cost, or the "look" of the few parts that are available, they're throwing digs around like they have a clue.

Is it any wonder why we have to jump through hoops to dig up a stinking iron cylinder block that's worth screwing together for a good small block build and can't even consider a HEMI since the last decent head for a 4.800 block was developed when Clinton was president???

I WISH we were "cookie cutter" in the GM/Ford mold.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 09:37 PM

Reason why im doing a Gen III hemi. Its the best thing "Mopar" "Fiat" or whatever their flavor of the month has going right now. Not gonna spend 3-4K on a set of BB heads that still flow 20-30cfm shy of what 6.1's will with a $700 port job. There is so much good stuff out there right now from all brands that if you are to stubborn to embrace it, all you will prove is that your old stuff is EXPENSIVE AND SLOW AND HEAVY. So once all you diehards are all done spending $3500 on heads, $1K on lifters and $1-1500 on rockers so the thing will live at 650-800hp how Mopar is it then?
Posted By: taxidermy man

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/28/14 10:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Or who's cars he tunes?

I can't find hardly any pics. of Montes GTX, just an old Hot Rod article I have. Love that car

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 12:48 AM

I have an oldie

Attached picture 8222592-MSR27.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 01:35 AM

Quote:

Listening to too many MOPAR people for far too long, is it any wonder that even "traditional" Pontiac fans have access to a slew of readily available hardcore race parts, including killer blocks and heads......while we sit around holding our cranks(hafts)???

If guys aren't crying about the cost, or the "look" of the few parts that are available, they're throwing digs around like they have a clue.

Is it any wonder why we have to jump through hoops to dig up a stinking iron cylinder block that's worth screwing together for a good small block build and can't even consider a HEMI since the last decent head for a 4.800 block was developed when Clinton was president???

And you are one of the biggest whiners.....you act like it's the guy who drives his Road Runner to cruises and shows is the reason you can't buy better parts....
Posted By: TRENDZ

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 01:52 AM

Quote:

Would this make you happy? Mathematically, it cancels one of those out for you...

Attached picture 8222680-cutmop1.jpg
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 02:48 AM

What does cookie cutter mean.............no really, have no clue but I THAUGHT it was skinny front rims and tires.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 03:53 AM

Quote:

What does cookie cutter mean.............no really, have no clue but I THAUGHT it was skinny front rims and tires.

naa........ them's called "pizza cutters" ........

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 04:37 AM

C'MON PEOPLE.......

Rickster

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 04:45 AM

Quote:

I Like Your Style

Rickster

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 05:11 AM

Most of my GTX pics are probably too big and I don't know how to resize

Attached picture 8222993-MSR01.jpg

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 05:12 AM

Another

Attached picture 8222994-MSR02.jpg

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 05:14 AM

Was fortunate to make some covers and have several magazine articles

Attached picture 8222997-MSR03.jpg

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 05:15 AM

Action shot. Car had a 446" B-1 headed motor, with a single fogger. Ladder bars, 29.5 tires, mufflers, 3200lbs and went a best of an 8.14 with a 1.17 sixty foot. 8.14 is not fast by todays standards of small tired cars, but in the mid 90s with a small motor and one stage of spray, that was cooking.

Monte

Attached picture 8222999-MSR24.jpg

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 05:24 AM

Have several pics of me driving the Texas "Big Bird" blown pro-mod, but like I said, don't know how to resize them

Monte
Posted By: Get-X

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 05:35 AM

Always loved that car! I hope you get it back out some day, I'd love to see it run again.
Posted By: Sport440

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 05:50 AM

Quote:

Action shot. Car had a 446" B-1 headed motor, with a single fogger. Ladder bars, 29.5 tires, mufflers, 3200lbs and went a best of an 8.14 with a 1.17 sixty foot. 8.14 is not fast by todays standards of small tired cars, but in the mid 90s with a small motor and one stage of spray, that was cooking.

Monte

Thats cooking for sure.

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 05:57 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

Thats cooking for sure.

If I only knew THEN, what I know NOW about nitrous and tuning.........the thing would have been REALLY fast. Could likely go 7.80s maybe even 7.70s now with that motor, on the same nitrous jet I ran back then. That motor was not a real good combination, but it had a KILLER set of heads on it

Monte
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 11:02 AM

Nice car Monte but you have a few items wrong.
Yellow Painted master cyl backing plate (should be black), GM style cross flow radiator in it, no blackout behind the grill, etc.
I am just poking fun at some of the purists on here. It is a Great looking and was a Great running car.
I would also Love to see you get it done and out racing again.
Where are you at on the rebuild??? or has that stalled and is on the back burner again???
I Appreciate all your opinions you give on here to Help us guys out.
David
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 12:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

Thats cooking for sure.

If I only knew THEN, what I know NOW about nitrous and tuning.........the thing would have been REALLY fast. Could likely go 7.80s maybe even 7.70s now with that motor, on the same nitrous jet I ran back then. That motor was not a real good combination, but it had a KILLER set of heads on it

Monte

im thinking you are just getting to old drive the yellow beast again

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 01:31 PM

Would love to see it out again.
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 01:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I don't care what it is......4.20's to the 1/8 in anything is Darn impressive. Most Mopars can't even run 4.20 to the 330.

Not quite true, but funny nun the less

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 03:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Whats most "funny" about that is the guy that posted it is included in the same group he attempts to mock....

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 03:06 PM

.....waiting for the "barn find" / "where is it now" pict Monte!

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 03:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

Thats cooking for sure.

Monte

Well why not put it back together ??
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 03:36 PM

Quote:

Because sometimes life/ priorities get in the way... Monte is a busy guy.

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 03:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Because sometimes life/ priorities get in the way... Monte is a busy guy.

He is busy.. works for Holley, has his own business
and runs all over the country tuning cars.. then runs
the week doing Drag Week ... Monte how much spray did
you hit that 446 with to get those low ETs.. had to
be in the 400-500 range.. if not more

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 03:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I didn't say all........

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 03:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

And you are one of the biggest whiners.....you act like it's the guy who drives his Road Runner to cruises and shows is the reason you can't buy better parts....

Since this makes no sense, I'm curious.....

Have you always been this ignorant, or do you practice???

Unlike you (perhaps)......I'm a BUYER of parts and 'whine" because I'm sick of idiots complaining about the cost of the few parts that become available, or that they deviate too far from the 1960s assembly line "look". Many of these stooges sing this tune, while at the same time throwing the "cookie cutter" label on GM and Ford.

MOPAR types would be lucky if they had HALF of the Ford/GM aftermarket and people like Monte Smith, who happens to be a MOPAR guy, know only too well. Then he comes here to help out folks and catches flak out of nowhere from random simpletons.

How your pea-brain equates that to car show Roadrunners, is something only a mindless dolt could understand.

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 04:05 PM

So, no one answered my question...............What is a "cookie cutter" help the ignnanntt.............
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 04:26 PM

Quote:

So, no one answered my question...............What is a "cookie cutter" help the ignnanntt.............

Google is your Friend.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120420121726AArSwv2
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 04:29 PM

Quote:

"Cookie cutter" = all the same.

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 04:31 PM

Quote:

Its a term used when its just like the other one..
stamping out the same thing one after another

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 04:33 PM

ex: 1968 camaro in the right lane, 68 camaro in the left lane.

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 04:41 PM

Quote:

ex: 1968 camaro in the right lane, 68 camaro in the left lane and 68 Camaros in the staging lanes.

Fixed.

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 04:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

ex: 1968 camaro in the right lane, 68 camaro in the left lane and 68 Camaros in the staging lanes.

Fixed.

Thank-you.

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 04:56 PM

Thankxxx guys, Now I get all of the pissy responses...... For the record; I like anything fast but prefer Mopars........

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 04:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Unlike you (perhaps)......I'm a BUYER of parts and 'whine" because I'm sick of idiots complaining about the cost of the few parts that become available, or that they deviate too far from the 1960s assembly line "look". Many of these stooges sing this tune, while at the same time throwing the "cookie cutter" label on GM and Ford.

MOPAR types would be lucky if they had HALF of the Ford/GM aftermarket and people like Monte Smith, who happens to be a MOPAR guy, know only too well. Then he comes here to help out folks and catches flak out of nowhere from random simpletons.

How your pea-brain equates that to car show Roadrunners, is something only a mindless dolt could understand.

Hilarious...you're the one whining about heads being "developed when Clinton was president"....and always complaining about parts not being available......

And who do you blame ? the folks on Moparts.....

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 05:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fixed.

Thank-you.

I posted that as a joke, but several years ago I was at the drag strip in Gleason TN. My car was unloaded and I was sitting on the trailer waiting and watching guys drive by warming their cars up. I counted 11 67-69 Camaros as they came by nose to tail, and that wasn't all of them. I think they've multiplied over the years .

Sorry to sidetrack, please continue on with the bitching and name calling .
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 05:39 PM

Sorry to sidetrack, please continue on with the bitching and name calling .

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 05:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hilarious...you're the one whining about heads being "developed when Clinton was president"....and always complaining about parts not being available......

Not all the folks on MOPARTS......just the ones that earn it.

Too difficult for your feeble mind to fathom their, Jr.???

Cuz if it is, you're out of luck since my keyboard doesn't type in crayon.
Posted By: Airwoofer

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 05:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

Thats cooking for sure.

Monte

The same ones shown on that PHR cover you posted? What are you doing with that GTX now?

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 07:12 PM

Jim, I think you may be wasting your breath. People don't care about experienced opinions anymore (this thread is proof) but I enjoy both you and Monte.

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 07:17 PM

Quote:

Typical, when you have no logical response, revert back to grade school...

You really believe a few people here are responsible for you not being able to buy the parts you seem to want ??...

there are some mopar guys out there too busy "gittin-r-dun" to be on the internet whining.....like you

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 07:22 PM

Quote:

Jim, I think you may be wasting your breath. People don't care about experienced opinions anymore (this thread is proof) but I enjoy both you and Monte.

I know I am, but it's kinda' fun.
Posted By: j.mcconnell

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 07:40 PM

In that first magazine cover, the hair-do does seem proper for the king of the trailer park............

now, back to discussing thermoquads and purple cams

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 07:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fixed.

Thank-you.

You Guys Crack me Up......68 Camaro's are not Cookie Cutters......This is a Cookie Cutter

LOL

Rickster

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 07:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Typical, when you have no logical response, revert back to grade school...

You really believe a few people here are responsible for you not being able to buy the parts you seem to want ??...

there are some mopar guys out there too busy "gittin-r-dun" to be on the internet whining.....like you

The problem is, you expect a logical response to ignorance.

I didn't hear anyone say that a "few" people here are "responsible" for not being able to purchase highend parts....

There are a multitude of reasons for the lack of support from the performance aftermarket. The No.1 being numbers, as GM and Ford have more, but there is an attitude in MOPAR circles that is caustic and some of it revolves around the price of parts and some of it is the distance an aftermarket part deviates from "stock".

In the case of pricing, one cannot expect things like blocks and heads to be on par with Ford and GM for simple Economics 101 reasons and when it comes to ultra highend hardware, one cannot expect many of those parts to look like a 906 head.

I've read these very things on this site and if you haven't......step away from the glue and PAY ATTENTION.

If you don't think the fact that a percentage of people in the MOPAR community take issue with these unavoidable truths and that shrinks the market even further, you are leading a Utopian existence.

And if you believe I spend my time whining on the internet instead of "playing" with my lowly streetcars, I have a GREAT spot not 3 miles down the road to test your theory, so feel free to stop buy anytime with your junk and we'll see who's "gittin-r-dun".

Come clean out a "grade schooler".
Posted By: BobR

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 08:22 PM

When one spends the money to be competitive in heads up racing one tends to purchase parts that work regardless of what brand they were copied from.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 08:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fixed.

Thank-you.

You Guys Crack me Up......68 Camaro's are not Cookie Cutters......This is a Cookie Cutter

LOL

Rickster

Then what is that in the backround
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 08:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fixed.

Thank-you.

LOL

Rickster

Then what is that in the backround

HAHA I was thinking the same thing

Casey

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 09:21 PM

Bob R., Go-Green, Marty Pearcy, Wescott, Barton and others are gettin it done with Mopar Power....and you whine more than all of them combined....end of story.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 09:28 PM

Can we stop the pissin match?? Please.
Posted By: mafo

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 09:32 PM

This is very entertaining but I don t understand how any of this have anything to do with Monte Smith

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 09:32 PM

Quote:

Bob R., Go-Green, Marty Pearcy, Wescott, Barton and others are gettin it done with Mopar Power....and you whine more than all of them combined....end of story.

Wescott and Barton aren't even close to sniffing a 4.20, Bob R is running a bae hemi that ain't Mopar. Marty Pearcy and Go green are running a Mopar and there 1/2 second away which is huge in drag racing. So no one is getting it done like you claim.

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 09:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Wescott and Barton aren't even close to sniffing a 4.20, Bob R is running a bae hemi that ain't Mopar. Marty Pearcy and Go green are running a Mopar and there 1/2 second away which is huge in drag racing. So no one is getting it done like you claim.

Speaks the truth but didn't Dean go with a hemi? BTW I'm not whining. I worked at Chrysler for 9 years and my dad 10 before me. I drive a Jeep SRT8, a Ram 1500(hemi) and have a 1970 Challenger T/A under a cover in my garage. I am "Mopar Guy". I race whatever it takes to get into the winner's circle with little regard to OEM allegiance.

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 09:45 PM

Quote:

Since what other people are doing with their programs has no affect on what I can, or cannot purchase and since you decided to address me directly in your 1st response, how about you come show a no-name street guy like me how YOU'RE "gittin-r-dun".

Or are you a typical yellow bellied blow-hard, who directly challenges people on the internet, then name drops in a laughable effort to save face???
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 09:55 PM

And it is not even winter.....

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 09:57 PM

Quote:

Wescott and Barton aren't even close to sniffing a 4.20,

You are correct, they aren't sniffing a bunch of nitrous either .

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 10:01 PM

Quote:

This is very entertaining but I don t understand how any of this have anything to do with Monte Smith

Ain't that the truth!! Sorry Monte.....I didn't think asking one question would create this!!

But, like others asked, I'm also curious as to the status of the GTX and if / when it may be back out.

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 10:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Since what other people are doing with their programs has no affect on what I can, or cannot purchase and since you decided to address me directly in your 1st response, how about you come show a no-name street guy like me how YOU'RE "gittin-r-dun".

Or are you a typical yellow bellied blow-hard, who directly challenges people on the internet, then name drops in a laughable effort to save face???

You have a problem with comprehension.....

The Point is....there are some very fast, very successful guys racing Mopar Powered cars....that are not on the internet whining about parts availability.....you have outdone all of them combined, in the whining category....congrats

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 10:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

But they have bigger tires than I do.

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 10:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Point is....there are some very fast, very successful guys racing Mopar Powered cars....that are not on the internet whining about parts availability.....you have outdone all of them combined, in the whining category....congrats

Wow....

There are some fast MOPARs out there!!!

Your grasp of the obvious is impressive. Come up with that revelation all by yourself, did ya???

That of course does not change the fact that some moron stepped into this thread to step on Smith's accomplishments with a car that was labeled in derogatory fashion.

My point is simply this.....

We would be so lucky to have half of what is available for BBCs and the people on this forum are lucky that a guy with Smith's background is willing to help them out on the internet, so I saw no reason to denigrate his accomplishments simply because it isn't MOPAR deal.

While the discussion has gone completely off course, my assertions stand.

Yours on the other hand......like some nonsense about car show Road Runners and name dropping a handful of racers to prove that what (???) MOPAR racers DO have ample access to highend hardware (???)....... is comical.

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 10:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But they have bigger tires than I do.

You got me on that one.

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 10:46 PM

I've never been a Mopar guy because it is easier or cheaper. Chevrolet has always been loved by the aftermarket because let's face it, in stock form, they are junk period. Don't see that changing EVAR!

Re: Monte Smith........ - 07/29/14 10:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wow....

There are some fast MOPARs out there!!!

Your grasp of the obvious is impressive. Come up with that revelation all by yourself, did ya???

That of course does not change the fact that some moron stepped into this thread to step on Smith's accomplishments with a car that was labeled in derogatory fashion.

My point is simply this.....

We would be so lucky to have half of what is available for BBCs and the people on this forum are lucky that a guy with Smith's background is willing to help them out on the internet, so I saw no reason to denigrate his accomplishments simply because it isn't MOPAR deal.

While the discussion has gone completely off course, my assertions stand.

Yours on the other hand......like some nonsense about car show Road Runners and name dropping a handful of racers to prove that what (???) MOPAR racers DO have ample access to highend hardware (???)....... is comical.

Hey, just keep whining while the other guys are gettin-r-dun......I don't care.....
© 2024 Moparts Forums