Moparts

Who recertives belts?

Posted By: Mopar_Ray

Who recertives belts? - 07/13/14 11:32 PM

Who recertives belts? I use Simpson 2116. They wrap around roll bar, shoulders are actually 1 peice that wraps around roll bar. Not sure if anyone else makes this type? Simpson will not recertify, offers a trade in discount but after shipping probably = 0. Getting tired of buying new belts on a car that only races a couple times a year.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Who recertives belts? - 07/13/14 11:44 PM

Stroud Safety will re-certify their own belts, I have had mine done several times and have some there right now.
Bill

http://www.stroudsafety.com/RestraintSystems.html
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Who recertives belts? - 07/14/14 12:03 AM

No one is gonna recert those belts...I use RJS and
they will recert up to 5 times for $45 each time
Posted By: pattyboy 572

Re: Who recertives belts? - 07/14/14 12:08 AM

Check out RCI... http://rciracing.com/sfi.htm

Re: Who recertives belts? - 07/14/14 12:23 AM

Quote:

Who recertives belts? I use Simpson 2116. They wrap around roll bar, shoulders are actually 1 peice that wraps around roll bar. Not sure if anyone else makes this type? Simpson will not recertify, offers a trade in discount but after shipping probably = 0. Getting tired of buying new belts on a car that only races a couple times a year.

Does RJS or Crow make the 1 peice wrap around shoulder harness?

Re: Who recertives belts? - 07/14/14 12:27 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I dont know what you mean by 1 piece shoulder belts..
if your talking the Y belt, that was out lawed a
few years back
Posted By: Dap

Re: Who recertives belts? - 07/14/14 12:40 AM

I had my Impact camlocks done 3 times. The first time was when it was Impact. The last 2 times it was Impact by Master craft. When they come back it appears they put all new belts with the old hardware. They smell new not like the first time I had them done.

Re: Who recertives belts? - 07/14/14 12:49 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

few years back

Not Y belts. The Simson shoulder belt I am talking about simply waps around roll bar no bolts, 1 peice belt, wraps around roll bar.
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: Who recertives belts? - 07/14/14 12:55 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

few years back

Not Y belts. The Simson shoulder belt I am talking about simply waps around roll bar no bolts, 1 peice belt, wraps around roll bar.

RJS make a set that the two shoulder straps wrap around the bar behind the seat. Not bolted.

Mark

Re: Who recertives belts? - 07/14/14 12:55 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

few years back

Any of the companies offer that... thats what I use
from RJS but I use the 1/4 turn lock and they are
pricey but they will re-web them (5 times max)and
to my understanding NO COMPANY can go more than 5..
what your asking for is the rap around style

Re: Who recertives belts? - 07/14/14 01:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Who recertives belts? I use Simpson 2116. They wrap around roll bar, shoulders are actually 1 peice that wraps around roll bar. Not sure if anyone else makes this type? Simpson will not recertify, offers a trade in discount but after shipping probably = 0. Getting tired of buying new belts on a car that only races
a couple times a year.

few years back

Any of the companies offer that... thats what I use
from RJS but I use the 1/4 turn lock and they are
pricey but they will re-web them (5 times max)and
to my understanding NO COMPANY can go more than 5..
what your asking for is the rap around style

This... http://m.summitracing.com/parts/sim-29116bk

Re: Who recertives belts? - 07/14/14 01:29 AM

I dont know why you would go back with Simpson if they
wouldnt re-cert your set now.. who knows if they will
with another set

Re: Who recertives belts? - 07/14/14 01:56 PM

Quote:

with another set

I won't buy the Simpsons again, they will not re-cert any of there belts. There are other companies that sell the kind of belt I'm referring to, most call them dragster type. I'm going to try RCI, they re-certify there belts and offer a discount if I send my old ones as a trade in.

Re: Who recertives belts? - 07/14/14 02:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

with another set

I won't buy the Simpsons again, they will not re-cert any of there belts. There are other companies that sell the kind of belt I'm referring to, most call them dragster type. I'm going to try RCI, they re-certify there belts and offer a discount if I send my old ones as a trade in.

I use RJS for a couple of reasons... they are local
to me and I get a 24 hour turn around and its only
$45 to re-web them and cert.. I bought a new set of
the camlock belts and had my old set re-webbed(the
old set couldnt be certed any more due to it being
5 times already) but I had them change the belt color
and put them in the Rampage on the pass side and the
new certed ones on the drivers side... RJS has always
taken good care of me over the years

http://rjsracing.com/
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Who recertives belts? - 07/14/14 04:07 PM

Only the manufacturer of the belts can reweb them, no one else can do it because of liability, up to 5 times.
Cost 45-50 bucks from everyone. Lot's cheaper than buying new belts, what's your problem? Why won't they do it?
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Who recertives belts? - 07/14/14 04:13 PM

I just called RJS two days ago and the rate to re cert is 60.95 plus the shipping to get them there, about $10. For me that doesn't work well, I may as well just order a set of new ones from them and sell the old ones. New RJS bolt ins, ,latch lock, Summit, 69.95 and free shipping if you order more stuff and it goes over $100.

Re: Who recertives belts? - 07/14/14 04:18 PM

Quote:

Only the manufacturer of the belts can reweb them, no one else can do it because of liability, up to 5 times.
Cost 45-50 bucks from everyone. Lot's cheaper than buying new belts, what's your problem? Why won't they do it?

From Simpsons web site...

DOES SIMPSON RE-CERTIFY SEATBELTS?
No. Our first priority is your safety and we do not believe this is a safe practice.

http://simpsonraceproducts.com/faq

Re: Who recertives belts? - 07/14/14 05:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No. Our first priority is your safety and we do not believe this is a safe practice.

I'm suprized they are still in business being that
they are the only company that wont reweb/cert their
belts.. they just want to sell you new ones each time

Re: Who recertives belts? - 07/14/14 05:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Checkout Impact and all the rest. Simpson is not simpson from the past, sorry.

I personally used Shroud belts most of the time, 45. bucks got me new webbing and tags every 2 years.
I did use simpson before impact was around at some point. Depended on who was paying the most contiensy money as who's safety stuff I used.

I had a really bad wreck at a NHRA national event where I lost control at the finish line going 240 MPH. I hit the wall at least 3 times and Tony Bartone who I was racing. The seat belts and helmet did save my life that day. Custom painted helmet was junk after that even though it looked good. Never to be legal to used again. Within an hour of the crash after I got back from the hospital, a NHRA official was at my trailer cutting the labels off all my safety gear including stuff like my bellhousing and all my engine, blower and tranny blankets. Every single piece had to go back to the manufacturer to be reinspected and relabeled if it was still safe. That alone was over 5 grand easy just in safety gear re inspection.

My suggestion is to race your car more often to get your money's worth out of your safety gear.

Re: Who recertives belts? - 07/14/14 05:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm suprized they are still in business being that
they are the only company that wont reweb/cert their
belts.. they just want to sell you new ones each time

Maybe new belts have gotten so cheap that they would rather sell you new ones for close to the price of rewebbing and shipping? That's what I'm starting to think? Would I trust my life with cheap belts when others cost more? No way, but if they all cost the same, then it looks like new belts every 2 years. But I doubt for 69 bucks your going to get nice belts, certainly not the snap in latches/cam locks that allow you to get out fast!
Posted By: MRMOPAR622

Re: Who recertives belts? - 07/14/14 05:49 PM

Replace your seat belts every 2 years on cars that sit inside high $$$ shops & trailers.
© 2024 Moparts Forums