Moparts

Since some of you have asked..

Posted By: tboomer

Since some of you have asked.. - 06/07/14 01:06 PM

I have had a few pms from members asking how I have been doing after that horrible brain hemorage I had a year ago. I had two surgical procedures and in March of this year I had a nasty radiation treatment. Had a checkup in May and was told it will be at least one more year before I am cleared to take my 64 down the track again. It is safe and sound in bad1970dust's shop and he will drive it a few times this year. I am still looking forward to lining my car up against Kevin Longhairs orange Dart. A year should give him enough time to pick up the pace a bit. He is gonna need it! Thanks guys and have a great season! Ted
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/07/14 02:18 PM

You take care Ted... as old as we are a year is a piece
of cake
Posted By: babarracuda

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/07/14 03:12 PM

It's really hard to kill off us old farts(72). Time has told me that I just can race as good as before, so I make runs and race very infrequently. I tell myself that there are people who have never won a claSS SO just be grateful for what I have in my past.

Attached picture 8168491-009.JPG
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/07/14 03:59 PM

Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/07/14 04:06 PM

we all hope the best for you, you have a hard head I am not worried
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/07/14 04:20 PM

You`re a tough man Boomer and a year will come quicker than ever then the REAL therapy will be those passes in the car and the fun that goes along with it.............
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/07/14 04:23 PM

Posted By: Dartin

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/07/14 04:27 PM

Best wishes for you Ted! You'll be beating up on that orange Dart before you know it, lol!

Randy
Posted By: rt66jim

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/07/14 04:53 PM

Ted, that sounds like a positive diagnosis to me. Just a little longer on the recovery time. Glad all is going well. And as stated the car will be great when you are released.

Jim
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/07/14 05:19 PM

Get well and be well.

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/07/14 06:13 PM

Thanks guys! Jimmy put a tune on it and we are hoping for a 9.90-9.95. Can't wait to get behind the wheel! And a special thanks to slippery440 for reminding me to look at this thread!! It IS race related...
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/07/14 06:15 PM

Glad to hear things are looking good Ted.
Posted By: wyoming

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/07/14 11:45 PM

Hang in there Ted, we old farts know that time flies, a year will be a piece of cake, after its over anyway, may get frustrating during that time, but a year wont seem like a big deal after you get it over with
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/08/14 12:51 AM

Good News Ted That Year will go by in a couple of blinks at our age .... hope to hear your back in the saddle soon

Rick
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/08/14 12:57 AM

Hey Ted look at it this way. Its only one Winter away till you can race again. Days away till you can see that beast of yours going down the track again. Get well soon and WE want lots of video next time that car hits the track.

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/08/14 02:21 AM

Quote:

Thanks guys! Jimmy put a tune on it and we are hoping for a 9.90-9.95. Can't wait to get behind the wheel! And a special thanks to slippery440 for reminding me to look at this thread!! It IS race related...

don't worry slipperydip bitches about everthing
Posted By: slippery440

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/08/14 02:46 AM

Just may be I think race tech should be about race questions not facebook. Ted its great you are better.But myself I was told I have cancer and living for near future. I come to just this forum and race parts for sale so I don't have to read about people dieing or going to die. I don't need a reminder that I am in that place. General forum is for that and dogs and cats and everything I dislike on facebook.
Quick DRAW I wish I could meet you face to face I bet you mouth is bigger than your azz to back your mouth.

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/08/14 02:50 AM

Quote:

Just may be I think race tech should be about race questions not facebook. Ted its great you are better.But myself I was told I have cancer and living for near future. I come to just this forum and race parts for sale so I don't have to read about people dieing or going to die. I don't need a reminder that I am in that place. General forum is for that and dogs and cats and everything I dislike on facebook.
Quick DRAW I wish I could meet you face to face I bet you mouth is bigger than your azz to back your mouth.

chill there slippery, you don't have to open every post and no I don't want to meet you or fight you.
Posted By: slippery440

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/08/14 03:01 AM

Too old to fat and too sick to fight anymore.

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/08/14 03:02 AM

Quote:

same here, now quit bitchin. and if you have cancer I certainly hope you get better and beat it..
Posted By: quickd100

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/08/14 03:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

same here, now quit bitchin. and if you have cancer I certainly hope you get better and beat it..

Beat the [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]! And Ted hope to see you make your first pass.Dave
Posted By: 383man

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/08/14 05:19 AM

So glad to hear things are going good Ted. Thats the way it should go for a good guy like you. Ron
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/08/14 12:27 PM

Our best thoughts go out to you Ted,if you need anything,just call.

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/08/14 01:23 PM

Thanks guys...slippery..I hope you beat the cancer. And I do not like to read or think about death myself. It has been too close for my liking. Think about it. Life is a big race and like it or not many of us are getting close to the finish line. We have lost many members here over the last few years due to horrible diseases or accidents. And it does hurt a little inside even if you haven't met the person. You can bet that each and everyone of them would have loved to go down the track one more time. I have stated my goal and what I expect my car to do. And I hope that I can get well enough to do it!

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/08/14 02:09 PM

you are absolutely correct Ted, here is the way I see the race section. I see it as if we were at the track. and anyone one that knows me knows I like to race joke and have fun. when you are at the track you don't drive out in the parking lot to talk to fellow racers about issues other than racing. you talk about it wish them well and continue racing. exactly what we do here. don't get me wrong I hate facebook also, don't think I have posted but maybe a few times in my life. but racers health and other issues often come up at the race track just like it does here. if you don't like it move on to the next thread, life is just to short to worry about petty things like that.
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/08/14 02:42 PM

get well buddie
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/08/14 07:55 PM

Get well Ted, that's all that matters!

At our ages a year is nothing anymore and it will fly by.
Posted By: hemidup

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/09/14 03:47 AM

Get well Ted. See you soon.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/09/14 04:45 AM

Hang in there Ted. You'll be back in no time.
Doug
Posted By: wesw

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/09/14 05:33 AM

glad to hear your getting better. if you make it back down to mam let me know i'll make sure I come down to see you. i'll bring the car out and play a little. wes
Posted By: StrokerPost

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/09/14 07:22 AM

Wow Ted, been gone myself for quite awhile, had no idea, but glad to hear you're doing better.
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Since some of you have asked.. - 06/09/14 01:03 PM

Ted, prayers for your full and speedy recovery! I hope to get down there some day, and it would be great to finally meet! Greg
© 2024 Moparts Forums