Posted By: supercomp

Predator flow numbers - 05/29/14 07:22 PM

Does anyone have flow numbers for predator heads? Thanks
Posted By: mike s

Re: Predator flow numbers - 05/29/14 07:32 PM

http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tablehdc.htm#Olds
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Predator flow numbers - 05/29/14 07:53 PM

Mine went 520cfm at 1". They are wedge heads fwiw.
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: Predator flow numbers - 05/29/14 08:49 PM

Quote:

Who did your port work?

Posted By: boatracer572

Re: Predator flow numbers - 05/29/14 09:10 PM

Quote:

That's about average.... Mine flow 541cfm on the intake @ over one inch...375 cfm on the ex. They have been to a few places for port flow, velosity improvement..been told there is prob. Ten more cfm in them on the intake
Tony
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Predator flow numbers - 05/29/14 09:32 PM

I will tell you what, that would make for one hellofa street car engine at maybe 604 cubes on pump gas!

I think if I ever decide to go a different direction in the Cuda, I might need to try a set of those...

Re: Predator flow numbers - 05/29/14 10:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That's about average.... Mine flow 541cfm on the intake @ over one inch...375 cfm on the ex. They have been to a few places for port flow, velosity improvement..been told there is prob. Ten more cfm in them on the intake
Tony

Tony do you race in Pro Gas?
I just finished an engine for Matt from Kriptonite Marine and I believe he runs Pro Gas.

Anyway who did the work on your heads?
Mine are CNC ported(460)from Indy and they say 510cfm but I want somebody to that can get me 530cfm to make sure the engine makes the power I need.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Predator flow numbers - 05/29/14 11:02 PM

FWIW mine will be headed east for a good look over and to see what can be done to improve what's there. Once we get it all mocked up in the new car and headers built etc. My stuff came from Steve.

Re: Predator flow numbers - 05/29/14 11:36 PM

Man that's a long ways to go but he is the guy for these heads.

I'll send you a PM Al.

Thanks!

Posted By: wesw

Re: Predator flow numbers - 05/30/14 02:36 AM

the flow numbers on my heads are crap. they only flow 511.2 @ 1" on the intake and 338.1 on the exhaust side. they are the hemi bolt pattern head. I'm having mike at muscle motors looking to see if he can get some more out of them. wes

Re: Predator flow numbers - 05/30/14 04:03 PM

Would someone mind to pm me the flow numbers? I need them for my Dynomation 5 program. we're building a 572 or 604 and thinking about using predators. Already have our kb raised cam block clearanced for 4.750 stroke and has 55mm roller cam bearings. Who would you have port them?
Posted By: boatracer572

Re: Predator flow numbers - 05/31/14 05:42 AM

look at post number two. need to scroll down ,that list has pretty much most all head flow numbers listed,predator hemi and wedge included....

Attached picture 8160573-IMG_9605.jpg
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Predator flow numbers - 05/31/14 06:52 AM

Nice looking motor Tony...
Posted By: gillman34

Re: Predator flow numbers - 05/31/14 03:36 PM

520-525 cfm is average for the 460cc CNC'd port,
There is more there if you go after them,as Tony's heads show.
These are REAL numbers,not some fluffed up sales pitch dream.
Steve
973-907-4474

Re: Predator flow numbers - 06/01/14 04:07 AM

Steve,
Why does Indy say 510cfm with the 460 CNC port?
I have messed with their stuff before(Indy) and they did inflate their flow numbers quit a bit from what we could get.
Just asking questions, not trying to bash anybody.
Did you sell the port design when Indy bought it from you?

Posted By: CokeBottleKid

Re: Predator flow numbers - 06/01/14 07:48 AM

Quote:

I will tell you what, that would make for one hellofa street car engine at maybe 604 cubes on pump gas!

I think if I ever decide to go a different direction in the Cuda, I might need to try a set of those...

Yes... a street car with 1" of valve lift... you get to start the engine then your springs are junk

Re: Predator flow numbers - 06/01/14 03:02 PM

I want to thank everyone who chimed in. I would appreciate it if someone would share their flow numbers from like .100 through .900. I need them for my Dynomation 5 program. You can pmthem to me. Thanks
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Predator flow numbers - 06/01/14 04:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Yes... a street car with 1" of valve lift... you get to start the engine then your springs are junk

I guess you haven't been watching any of the Drag Week Mopar entries....Guess what won last years NA class....I am sure there are cam manufacturers that can make somthing a little more "street" friendly these days...And its my understanding these are some of the most stable valve trains at high lift available to us Mopar folks..Other than the cost of custom headers and the initial price of the heads, they certainly hold their own with the best flowing Mopar offerings out there.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Predator flow numbers - 06/01/14 05:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

For what it's worth a friend of mine runs a big Chevy with over 1" in S/G. Pak springs have lasted over 2 seasons.
Doug
Posted By: TS3303

Re: Predator flow numbers - 06/02/14 12:56 AM

This is MCH lowest flowing CNC program as I didn't need the flow of his max port. They have a program that takes the intake port out to the o-ring groove which I believe flows around 540.

Attached picture 8162180-MCHPredator.jpg

Re: Predator flow numbers - 06/02/14 03:52 PM

Quote:

This is MCH lowest flowing CNC program as I didn't need the flow of his max port. They have a program that takes the intake port out to the o-ring groove which I believe flows around 540.

Thanks, much appreciated.
© 2024 Moparts Forums