Moparts

Transbrake transmission brand choice, 727

Posted By: tex013

Transbrake transmission brand choice, 727 - 05/24/14 11:53 AM

I am sick to death of creeping on the footbrake and scoring cherries at the strip , So i guess it is time to go to the darkside and get a transbrake .
Choices i see are Cope or ATI and a vert from the trzns supplier.
Car is around 3780lbs with me in it, 4.1 strange dana and 275/60R15 Hoosier or MT Pro tyres. Car is bracket raced , best of 10.96@121plus. 60 averaged up till the last set of tyres at 1.52/3 .
I took the power brakes off due to booster and vac pump failures , manual aren't holding high enough .
Price is part of the deal, especially as i am in Oz and i need to convert and pay bank fees and get it here .
Cope is $2750 , ATI $2200 . Plus vert .
Any thought or suggestions.
Currently have B&M street strip trans fitted with Griner manual valve body and 5100 stall Dynamic vert.
Oh and it is also my daily driver
Thanks in advance ,

Tex
Posted By: Ian

Re: Transbrake transmission brand choice, 727 - 05/24/14 12:03 PM

you could put a line locker on it , or call joe from tranzact
Posted By: rebel

Re: Transbrake transmission brand choice, 727 - 05/24/14 12:17 PM

go for Cope cuz, i'm just across the ditch & Cope is easy to deal with down this end of the globe. he'll ship it what ever way you ask & he's good on the advice when you ring & order stuff.
Posted By: mikeysmopars

Re: Transbrake transmission brand choice, 727 - 05/24/14 04:16 PM

Same problem here and went to a two step and no more rolling
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Transbrake transmission brand choice, 727 - 05/24/14 04:29 PM

Put a smaller piston master cyl on it.. your foot
travel will be a bit more BUT the pressure goes higher
for better holding... also if you have disc brakes
on the rear drum brakes HOLD better on the line..
but disc brakes stop you better
Posted By: cudadon

Re: Transbrake transmission brand choice, 727 - 05/24/14 05:17 PM

A&A TB VB here. Get it from the teacher!
Very dependable.
Don

Attached picture 8154355-race4-27-14.jpg
Posted By: HOTMOPR

Re: Transbrake transmission brand choice, 727 - 05/25/14 01:52 AM

I run a griner. Never a problem and its quick!
Posted By: jamesc

Re: Transbrake transmission brand choice, 727 - 05/25/14 03:07 AM

griner
Posted By: vc360

Re: Transbrake transmission brand choice, 727 - 05/25/14 04:07 AM

Quote:

I am sick to death of creeping on the footbrake and scoring cherries at the strip , So i guess it is time to go to the darkside and get a transbrake .
Choices i see are Cope or ATI and a vert from the trzns supplier.
Car is around 3780lbs with me in it, 4.1 strange dana and 275/60R15 Hoosier or MT Pro tyres. Car is bracket raced , best of [Email]10.96@121plus.[/Email] 60 averaged up till the last set of tyres at 1.52/3 .
I took the power brakes off due to booster and vac pump failures , manual aren't holding high enough .
Price is part of the deal, especially as i am in Oz and i need to convert and pay bank fees and get it here .
Cope is $2750 , ATI $2200 . Plus vert .
Any thought or suggestions.
Currently have B&M street strip trans fitted with Griner manual valve body and 5100 stall Dynamic vert.
Oh and it is also my daily driver
Thanks in advance ,

Tex

Call Tony at Brinks Performance in Townsville. He did mine no trouble been there over 6 years now and he does a lot for the Brisbane based guys too.
He has griner valve bodies in stock with all the other gear you need.
07 47798288

www.brinksperformance.com.au

Posted By: tex013

Re: Transbrake transmission brand choice, 727 - 05/25/14 08:48 AM

Thanks for the replies,
Will contact Cope next week , ATI dont seem to have many takers .
Ian , line lock i am not sure will help as i drive through the brakes at about 2800 .
MrPeabody , have 1" master already and pedal is low now . Have 10" drums on the rear .
Have tried a 2step but the car seemed to leave faster without it. May have to try again.
Vc , is that your barracuda? Wasnt that run here in Sydney at Mopar Rumble ? Looked great , will call Brinks thanks for the contact numbet .

Tex
Posted By: vc360

Re: Transbrake transmission brand choice, 727 - 05/25/14 11:16 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the replies,
Will contact Cope next week , ATI dont seem to have many takers .
Ian , line lock i am not sure will help as i drive through the brakes at about 2800 .
MrPeabody , have 1" master already and pedal is low now . Have 10" drums on the rear .
Have tried a 2step but the car seemed to leave faster without it. May have to try again.
Vc , is that your barracuda? Wasnt that run here in Sydney at Mopar Rumble ? Looked great , will call Brinks thanks for the contact numbet .

Tex

Hi Tex yes that was us, me and my father drove down from Cairns for it. We have been to mopar Sunday a few times and thought we would go to the rumble instead.
Personally I would just send him your trans, freight would only be 150 max each way?

Darren
© 2024 Moparts Forums