Moparts

One piece oilpangasket?

Posted By: fed

One piece oilpangasket? - 05/13/14 08:50 PM

Does the one piece Magnum oilpangasket fit a 360 LA?
Posted By: Michael Ecks

Re: One piece oilpangasket? - 05/14/14 06:58 PM

No. At least not without modification to the oil pan. the front of the LA and Magnum pans are the difference. The LA has small areas on each side near where it bolts to the timing cover that are expanded out to accept matching enlargement on the front gasket, and holes that accept the injection nipples/tabs on the front gasket piece that hold it in place.

The magnum pan has a smooth radius all the way up to the timing cover/bottom of the block plane.

Some members have filled in the area on LA pans with weld or strips of metal, I am going to try sculpting in JB Weld at some point. Otherwise you will end up with two approximately 1/4 by 1 inch gaps that will pour engine oil especially at hard braking.
Posted By: Onetorun

Re: One piece oilpangasket? - 05/14/14 08:49 PM

No it doesn't work, but Milodon sell's a one piece gasket ( Chrysler Small Block 360 #41007 ) that works great, never had a problem with mine.

Re: One piece oilpangasket? - 05/14/14 10:38 PM

I have a China crome pan for a 360 and it leaks like i have does holes!
Quote:

No. At least not without modification to the oil pan. the front of the LA and Magnum pans are the difference. The LA has small areas on each side near where it bolts to the timing cover that are expanded out to accept matching enlargement on the front gasket, and holes that accept the injection nipples/tabs on the front gasket piece that hold it in place.

The magnum pan has a smooth radius all the way up to the timing cover/bottom of the block plane.

Some members have filled in the area on LA pans with weld or strips of metal, I am going to try sculpting in JB Weld at some point. Otherwise you will end up with two approximately 1/4 by 1 inch gaps that will pour engine oil especially at hard braking.

Re: One piece oilpangasket? - 05/14/14 10:39 PM

Thats what im looking for!
Quote:

No it doesn't work, but Milodon sell's a one piece gasket ( Chrysler Small Block 360 #41007 ) that works great, never had a problem with mine.

Posted By: Quicktree

Re: One piece oilpangasket? - 05/14/14 11:49 PM

because thats what a chrome chinese pan do.....
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: One piece oilpangasket? - 05/15/14 06:06 PM

Quote:

because thats what a chrome chinese pan do.....

and before china got into it the taiwan made stuff where equaly outstanding at it
© 2024 Moparts Forums