Moparts

Crazy people at the track

Posted By: dannysbee

Crazy people at the track - 04/19/14 07:26 PM

The wife and I went out to the track last night. We were letting the car cool down so we went in the stands to watch the cars. There was a early model chevy 11 in the box so he pulls up stages proceeds to pull a huge wheelie scrapes the wall, gets out of it bounces once hits it again looses control crosses both lanes and hits the opposite wall at a 45 angle spins then gets the wall again. When it finally stops he gets out of the car and is jumping around pumping his fist like he has really done something. His car is totally destroyed and he is acting like he won the whole shabang. The wife and I just looked at each other and said sure am glad there was no one else in the other lane. Anyone else witnessed anything this bizarre.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/19/14 08:44 PM

With reality TV, DC politics and Youtube getting the attention they do these days, it seems more and more people think they are "entitled" to be idiots and get rewarded for it. Not that long ago idiots doing antics like that would never be allowed at the track again.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/19/14 08:52 PM

Quote:

With reality TV, DC politics and Youtube getting the attention they do these days, it seems more and more people think they are "entitled" to be idiots and get rewarded for it. Not that long ago idiots doing antics like that would never be allowed at the track again.

I guess he didnt think much of the car... but he was
still... repeat.. STILL an idiot.. and your right..
most tracks would say... dont come back
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/19/14 09:12 PM

His name is cornbread

Posted By: dagohman

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/19/14 09:19 PM

auditioning for screet outlaws
I'm VERY thankful our local track runs 1 lane for T/N/T.
We have some cars I would be scared to death to be beside show up!!
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/19/14 09:23 PM

Not sure if non facebook people can see

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=661250950607214

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/19/14 09:28 PM

Quote:

His name is cornbread

No... I think its IDIOT... and thank GOD there wasnt
another car/person in the other lane
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/19/14 09:40 PM

just watched the video and at 0.05 he lost the left rear tire that didn't help the fact along with being an Idiot.

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/19/14 09:47 PM

I dont care to watch a vid of people doing no brainer
stuff... if you loose it... you get it shut down ASAP
and thats it... save it for another run... my junk
isnt the nicest of cars but it is to me.. so if I even
have to get out of the pedal.. that run is over..
thats also why I've never blown a 727
Posted By: JoesMopar

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/19/14 10:08 PM

Quote:

Can we for once get a video with a camera guy that doesn't suck?

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/19/14 10:10 PM

He is still in it after he looses the tire and after he hits the other wall. Gets out does his litte victory dance. I was in the staging lanes when he left and he was gassing his tow rig and honking his horn as he left. I have been going to the track for 50 years and never witnessed anything more ignorant in my life.

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/19/14 10:15 PM

Quote:

His name is cornbread

There we have it. Must be what his brain is made of too.
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/19/14 10:32 PM

Quote:

The wife and I went out to the track last night. We were letting the car cool down so we went in the stands to watch the cars. There was a early model chevy 11 in the box so he pulls up stages proceeds to pull a huge wheelie scrapes the wall, gets out of it bounces once hits it again looses control crosses both lanes and hits the opposite wall at a 45 angle spins then gets the wall again. When it finally stops he gets out of the car and is jumping around pumping his fist like he has really done something. His car is totally destroyed and he is acting like he won the whole shabang. The wife and I just looked at each other and said sure am glad there was no one else in the other lane. Anyone else witnessed anything this bizarre.

Sounds like a typical small tire no wheelie bar racer......lmao !

So when john force wrecks a car and jumps out waving to the crowd.....that's cool and OK.....?

All my comments were just typed with a LOT of sarcasm......LMAO !
Posted By: 451Cuda

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/19/14 10:40 PM

Does this cornbread guy also have a 1st gen Camaro?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hMdCBZ2FUc

Another view of the same crash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yutWsY-8yeQ
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/19/14 10:52 PM

Quote:

Kinda reminds me of the wheel standing show at Byron dragway. Do a giant wheel stand and wreck your car in the process and - you win - and get your car on the cover of Imadumbshit magazine.
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/19/14 10:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

His name is cornbread

That's why you race heads up and hope your faster....then guys like that are crashing behind you
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/19/14 11:25 PM

Yes a few years ago at a Nostaglia race at my local track my friend was racing his really nice 66 Biscayne wagon against a guy in a T bucket roadster. the guy in the T bucket loses it and starts spinning around hitting my friends wagon.My friend was really upset , why didn`t the clown just let off the gas, after my friend cooled down we went over to the T bucket guy and he was more worried about being able to drive home, meanwhile my buddies rear door and quarter panel were damaged. Mr T bucket wasn`t being to cooperative so rather than start a fight we walked away and figured to come back a little later, next thing we know he's heading out the gate. He never came back for any other nostalgia meets and the track tech guy kind of knows him and said he even said he owns a body shop and is a weird guy.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/19/14 11:31 PM

The biggest thing that I hate about it is lawyers will see s##t like this and use it in court. One moron ruining it for EVERYONE.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/20/14 01:18 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

His name is cornbread

That's why you race heads up and hope your faster....then guys like that are crashing behind you

THIS................
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/20/14 02:00 AM

Quote:

damn!
Posted By: MRMOPAR622

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/20/14 02:02 AM

Sh*t like that is what cause all them Stoopid A$$ rules(you got to have this,you got to have that) that cost the rest of us $$$.
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/20/14 02:40 AM

Wheel tethers?
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/20/14 02:57 AM

We shouldn't laugh to hard cause we have a few Mopar guys that think wheelies are "super cool". If I remember right we had a mopar guy oil the track down 2 or 3 times at one Mopar event from smashing his oil pan off the concrete.
Posted By: gearhead01

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/20/14 03:14 AM

Quote:

Wheel tethers?

Only if the other end is attached to the drivers right foot.

John

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/20/14 04:46 AM

Quote:

Wheel tethers?

Those are for Chevrolet engineered vehicles.
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/20/14 05:27 AM

Quote:

Quote:

His name is cornbread

There we have it. Must be what his brain is made of too.

I dunno......I think that might buff right out.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/20/14 05:40 AM

Kinda looks like a dirt track car from my local track. (Lernerville)
Posted By: Max Wedge Savoy

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/20/14 11:12 AM

I was at Norwalk yesterday and I assure you it is not limited to just on track antics. I couldn't believe some of the $h!t I witnessed yesterday. What in the hell has happened to our sport?
Posted By: vc360

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/20/14 12:48 PM

Quote:

Kinda looks like a dirt track car from my local track. (Lernerville)

Was going to say it looked like a death trap before it crashed!
Posted By: bracketcharger

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/20/14 12:50 PM

Maybe the car belonged to his ex. Glad that that fool didn't takeout an opponent in the process of auditioning for the next JACKASS movie.
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/20/14 03:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Kinda reminds me of the wheel standing show at Byron dragway. Do a giant wheel stand and wreck your car in the process and - you win - and get your car on the cover of Imadumbshit magazine.

Wow. I would think a car that possibly is quick and wheel stands would have C-clip eliminators?
Posted By: jcc

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/20/14 04:43 PM

As described his post wreck antics make hime a good candidate for the idiot label, and since i have never driven a wheel standing car, what did he do wrong? I would assume after scraping the wall the run should have ended, but the wheel stand is not considered an idiot tactic, is it? I'm not clear where the guy first screwed up, driving a chevy, c clips, etc aside.

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/20/14 05:40 PM

If the guy would have lifted sooner a lot of the carnage could have been avoided. He still had his foot in it when he lost the tire and then proceeded to drive it into the other wall. The vidieo actually spares you the worst of it.

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/20/14 05:44 PM

Quote:

I was at Norwalk yesterday and I assure you it is not limited to just on track antics. I couldn't believe some of the $h!t I witnessed yesterday. What in the hell has happened to our sport?

Care to elaborate? Been away from racing awhile and I'd like to know what I'm jumping back into...
Posted By: AAR-B4

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/20/14 06:10 PM

I watched the video and I will reserve judgement.
He must have hit wall after losing the wheel so I'm not sure that could have been avoided.
If the car was unsafe that is on the track tech inspection.
Posted By: dakotawilly

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/20/14 06:26 PM

maybe the car was borrowed? or he had 10 pbrs for breakfast that day.or his right leg is a transplant and isn't connected correctly. having a death wish AND putting other people in jeopardy is not something to be proud of by any means.something doesn't appear to be wired correctly between the ears..
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/21/14 12:09 AM

This is not a c-clip gm rear issue. Axle did not slide out.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/21/14 01:05 AM

B&%$h about NHRA and IHRA all you like. This is one of the biggest reasons I raced association races, divisionals and national events exclusively. Didn't bracket race once after the first year with the car.

I worked tech at my local track for 2 years while I was building the car too. I know what some people bring to the track.

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/21/14 01:08 AM

Quote:

- TV and reality shows. People want entertainment. Cool is not a low ET to these people.

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/21/14 01:10 AM

Quote:

B&%$h about NHRA and IHRA all you like. This is one of the biggest reasons I raced association races, divisionals and national events exclusively. Didn't bracket race once after the first year with the car.

I worked tech at my local track for 2 years while I was building the car too. I know what some people bring to the track.

If you worked tech at the track then it was your fault they got to run!
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/21/14 01:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Actually they didn't and we caught a lot of grief over it because they got to run most other places. Notice I said "bring", not "ran". Minor stuff would need to fixed by the next week. More than one was told "no way today".

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/21/14 02:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Actually they didn't and we caught a lot of grief over it because they got to run most other places. Notice I said "bring", not "ran". Minor stuff would need to fixed by the next week. More than one was told "no way today".

At least you done the best you could to keep the other racers safe.That's all anyone can ask.

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/21/14 07:41 PM

Quote:

I watched the video and I will reserve judgement.
He must have hit wall after losing the wheel so I'm not sure that could have been avoided.
If the car was unsafe that is on the track tech inspection.

If the guy would have lifted sooner a lot of the carnage could have been avoided. He still had his foot in it when he lost the tire and then proceeded to drive it into the other wall. The vidieo actually spares you the worst of it.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/21/14 08:08 PM

Quote:

His name is cornbread

Cornbread huh? I wonder if Tater Salad is his crew chief.
Posted By: Dduster

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/21/14 08:17 PM

Cornbread is gonna run out of 'racers' luck if He keeps this crap up. I know ... I know,... "if You're Good at something stick with It". I thought people in Texas were smart enough to not do this kind of thing. Is this 1/8 mile racing?? Wonder how things would turn out if He started doing this wall banging habit at the Top End?? Keep this fool in Texas please.
Posted By: cudadon

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/22/14 04:19 PM

Where did the tire/wheel end up? It's easy to build HP. That's why we are required to have safety equip.

I bet those weren't 5/8 studs. Hell I bet there wasn't 5 studs trying to hold that wheel on.

Hate to have my family, my car, or me hurt by an imbecile like that!

Don

Attached picture 8120663-CC_JOLIET_2006_105.jpg
Posted By: Max Wedge Savoy

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/22/14 04:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Care to elaborate? Been away from racing awhile and I'd like to know what I'm jumping back into...

I've been racing a long time and I was always taught that when a race car is driving through the pits or backing out, you yield for them. This includes pit bikes, golf carts, foot traffic, etc. That wasn't the case here. Most walk in the middle of the road and not turn around to see whats behind them. The few that did turn around didn't move out of the way, I had to drive around them. There just seems to be a general lack of respect lately. This sport has evolved a lot since the time when I started and I'm sure the guys that have been racing longer feel the same way and it's not all good. Ok, rant over.....
Posted By: 67Satty

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/22/14 05:40 PM

Check out what this guy showed up with last year at Barona. "Yeehaw, let's see what our desert rig will run in the 1/8 with some slicks bolted on. Pavement won't be more unforgiving than sand with this alignment will it? Naw."

Check out the guy's nice Nova that almost got wiped out by this clown. He was standing on the hood pumping his fist in the air after this display of driving prowess too.

I usually feel much safer and relaxed at the track than driving around on the street but not when guys like this show up with stuff like this.

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/22/14 05:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I've been racing a long time and I was always taught that when a race car is driving through the pits or backing out, you yield for them. This includes pit bikes, golf carts, foot traffic, etc. That wasn't the case here. Most walk in the middle of the road and not turn around to see whats behind them. The few that did turn around didn't move out of the way, I had to drive around them. There just seems to be a general lack of respect lately. This sport has evolved a lot since the time when I started and I'm sure the guys that have been racing longer feel the same way and it's not all good. Ok, rant over.....

For sure not the same anymore. The nut cases have always been there though. As far as tech is concerned, it can be all over the place. If they know the car, it can be as simple as "Change anything since last time?" - or very thorough. It is usually pretty good at the tracks by me. If it is not a major safety issue ( belts out of date, etc. ) they will often give you ONE warning on it - note on tech card. If it is not fixed next time, no race.

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/22/14 07:20 PM

Most of my racing the last 20 years has been in a series in Texas called Muscle Car Club Challenge. I have not ran the series in a few years and have decided to do so this year. So I have been making a few test and tunes to polish the old skills. The difference in attitude is crazy. We take ice chest and lawn chairs and two of the three times we have gone someone will move our things up and park in the spot we are in. They do this when my wife goes to the bleachers to watch me make a pass. They were still in the car one of the times so my wife ask if they could not see some one was using that space to race from. She said they looked at her like she was from outer space. Second time there was no one at the vehicle so we loaded and left. Hope it's not this way at the Challenges.
Posted By: dragram440

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/23/14 11:01 PM

drives me crazy when people with pit bikes golf carts and even people walking cant move out of my way on the way up to staging but even worse after a run and I just want to get back to my camper and some idiot on a scooter or something driving 2 mph down the middle the road and wont move.
Posted By: Airwoofer

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/23/14 11:19 PM

At our local track (Huntsville, AL) the spectators will pull up and park in your pit spot while you are on the track. I have a plastic drum now with PIT sprayed on it as a hopeful deterrent. But us Mopar guys pit near the stands and the spectators aren't detered very easily.
Posted By: D-50

Re: Crazy people at the track - 04/24/14 01:52 AM

Quote:

At our local track (Huntsville, AL) the spectators will pull up and park in your pit spot while you are on the track. I have a plastic drum now with PIT sprayed on it as a hopeful deterrent. But us Mopar guys pit near the stands and the spectators aren't detered very easily.

You mean there are more mopars than just you at the track? I am the only one when I go most of the time,every now and then a friend of mine shows up with his Daytona.I need to go up there some time and check the other mopars out.

Attached picture 8122353-CIMG0081.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums