Moparts

"New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... )

Posted By: bigdad

"New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/28/14 09:27 PM

Looks like the Biondo switch but, nice you get all the extra parts etc.

http://collectortethers.com/Just-N-Time-Button-Maximum-Adjustability-Trans-Brake-Button_c12.htm
Posted By: 64dodge572

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/28/14 09:35 PM

http://apexmachining.com/images/transbrake/transbrake3.jpg

Looks like a copy of the switch I have.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/28/14 09:41 PM

Now you have Top (box class)
and you have Modified with switches that act like boxes. The no box class is ruined.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/28/14 09:49 PM

Quote:

and you have Modified with switches that act like boxes. The no box class is ruined.

Those switches have been around for some time.. I never
cared for that LONG switch.. I do run a Biondo short
switch which they say is good for .3 but I never got
any where near that... that LONG switch was just to
awkward with the length.. the one I run has a threaded
part thats easy to adjust.. but I only get .15 out
of it and they are legal in div 3
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/29/14 12:10 AM

Quote:

It is a pretty Blantant copy of the Apex button. A guy could argue the Apex button is a copy of a Terminator button as well, albeit with an external spring.

I own a Terminator but rarely use it. If you really need to slow down the launch, the Apex button would be my choice because it is made of Billet and not plastic.
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/29/14 01:21 AM

Quote:

I agree.... Running any sort of a delay-switch should be illigal in no-box classes.
Posted By: Dan Brewer

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/29/14 03:25 AM

I wish no box was footbrake only. But its not in this part of the country.
Posted By: D-50

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/29/14 03:52 AM

Down here in the south we have Pro [ trans brake and or delay box , no ET requirement.] and foot brake class [ no trans brake, two step or any electronics and no ET requirement].

Attached picture 8092546-CIMG0081.JPG

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/29/14 03:59 AM

Quote:

Down here in the south we have Pro [ trans brake and or delay box , no ET requirement.] and foot brake class [ no trans brake, two step or any electronics and no ET requirement].

My son races footbrake class (mod)(he's a pure foot braker) at PRP BUT the allow trans-brakes, 2 steps, and fancy trans brake switches. Kinda really ruin it for a non electronics class. Not only that but these guys can double class so they get 4 time trials instead of 2, 2 first rounds instead of one. So they get lots of hits to get their switches dialed in.
Posted By: dvw

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/29/14 04:54 AM

Trans brakes don't scare my foot, bring em on.
Doug
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/29/14 05:08 AM

Quote:

Trans brakes don't scare my foot, bring em on.
Doug

Yep. I know a lot of feetsbrakers that will lay .00X lights on you all day long.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/29/14 04:38 PM

From the same guys that brought us incredibly overpriced header teathers.... they can go pound sand!
Posted By: Leigh

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/29/14 05:28 PM

There are average, above average and below average drivers in all classes. $199.99 is absurd for that deal. No thanks.

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/29/14 07:31 PM

Lotta this in here

Posted By: ajcasini

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/29/14 07:44 PM

In the end whether it be footfeeding, short button, long button or delay box the driver is still the root of the consistent release. If I have a long throw button, which I do in bobs 65 and I am inconsistent letting it go it will not make me better on tree.

My view of it has always been consistency and focus of the driver. I like the adjustable buttons because it saves me from climbing under the car and tightening or loosening shocks to better reaction time.

In the end there is always adjustment. Whether it be the car suspension, air pressure, twisting a button or punching numbers in a delay box.

If you as the driver not consistent none of the above adjustments will help.

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/29/14 10:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It is a pretty Blantant copy of the Apex button. A guy could argue the Apex button is a copy of a Terminator button as well, albeit with an external spring.

I own a Terminator but rarely use it. If you really need to slow down the launch, the Apex button would be my choice because it is made of Billet and not plastic.

He is just ripping off someone elses idea.. and is
most likely having it built in China and charging
a rip off price.... screw him and his header tethers also
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/30/14 12:11 AM

Quote:

Lotta this in here

Not Really Daryl.....I have to agree with others....that crap has no place in No Box....I really enjoyed foot-braking when it was a requirement and everyone had to play the same :}

Just step up to box if you like pushing buttons

Rickster

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/30/14 12:47 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Lotta this in here

Not Really Daryl.....I have to agree with others....that crap has no place in No Box....I really enjoyed foot-braking when it was a requirement and everyone had to play the same :}

Rickster

IF its legal in your div then it can be used.. thats
why I built my car with a trans brake. its LEGAL in
my div... that button is useless if there isnt a
trans brake... you play with what the rules say

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/30/14 01:01 AM

I kinda get a kick out of it. They bad mouth electronics but the have trans brakes, delaying buttons, 2 steps, and any other gismo that comes by.

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/30/14 01:05 AM

Quote:

I kinda get a kick out of it. They bad mouth electronics but the have trans brakes, delaying buttons, 2 steps, and any other gismo that comes by.

I dont bad mouth any of it.. I just stay within the rules
and I race in both.. box and no box
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/30/14 04:32 AM

I use a version of that button in my Valiant. I needed to slow down my cars reaction because it goes red in my pro tree index races. I will also use it to help on a bracket tree if I'm chopping it down. Its legal and it helps so let's race.
Posted By: dvw

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/30/14 04:39 AM

I forgot, I do have a button. In fact a few of them. the throw is a little sloppy, doesn't seem to bother my consistency.
Doug

Attached picture 8093979-I20.jpg

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/30/14 05:17 AM

Quote:

I forgot, I do have a button. In fact a few of them. the throw is a little sloppy, doesn't seem to bother my consistency.
Doug

You LIED.. each one of them is a different delay... LOL
Posted By: CollectorTethers

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/30/14 07:01 AM

Hey fellas thanks for taking notice of our new button. We are very excited about the Just-N-Time Button. As some of you note it looks a lot like some of the buttons currently on the market, but is actually a "hybrid" of them. Google it Mike Rafferty.

The development of this button includes features and design available on each, but is now combined along with a few other optional adjustments. You also receive all possible combinations in one complete kit when you purchase our button as one member noted.

Thanks for the interest. Feel free to contact us on our website if you have any questions, and thanks to the customers who have purchased Collector Tethers already. If anything 2014 will certainly be safer on the starting line.

Mike Rafferty - You need a few manors and a little keyboard edacate when talking about "he" as that is a person as in "Me". When you say things like you do, people like me will point out you don't know what you are talking about. You statement below, is nothing but a guess trying to make others think you know something and makes me look bad, which I do not appreciate.

"He is just ripping off someone elses idea.. and is
a rip off price.... screw him and his header tethers also"

1 - The JNTButton combines 2 ideas into 1 to offer a new and improved product, in which my partner who won the NHRA US Nationals in Super Stock has been looking for.
2 - It is built in Tennessee, USA that is.
3 - It is the same price as all the others when you include the parts you have to buy to make up the same product.
4 - Screw me? Really? Weld your collectors on.

Scott Lemen

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/30/14 08:10 PM

Posted By: Gary Robbins

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/30/14 08:36 PM

Quote:

Hey fellas thanks for taking notice of our new button. We are very excited about the Just-N-Time Button. As some of you note it looks a lot like some of the buttons currently on the market, but is actually a "hybrid" of them. Google it Mike Rafferty.

The development of this button includes features and design available on each, but is now combined along with a few other optional adjustments. You also receive all possible combinations in one complete kit when you purchase our button as one member noted.

Thanks for the interest. Feel free to contact us on our website if you have any questions, and thanks to the customers who have purchased Collector Tethers already. If anything 2014 will certainly be safer on the starting line.

Mike Rafferty - You need a few manors and a little keyboard edacate when talking about "he" as that is a person as in "Me". When you say things like you do, people like me will point out you don't know what you are talking about. You statement below, is nothing but a guess trying to make others think you know something and makes me look bad, which I do not appreciate.

"He is just ripping off someone elses idea.. and is
a rip off price.... screw him and his header tethers also"

1 - The JNTButton combines 2 ideas into 1 to offer a new and improved product, in which my partner who won the NHRA US Nationals in Super Stock has been looking for.
2 - It is built in Tennessee, USA that is.
3 - It is the same price as all the others when you include the parts you have to buy to make up the same product.
4 - Screw me? Really? Weld your collectors on.

Scott Lemen

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/30/14 09:19 PM

Hybrid.. I guess that gets you around patent infringements
EDIT
I do weld my collectors on.. I always have
Posted By: gearhead01

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/31/14 02:09 AM

Quote:

Mike Rafferty - You need a few MANNERS and a little keyboard ETIQUETTE when talking about "he" as that is a person as in "Me". When you say things like you do, people like me will point out you don't know what you are talking about. You statement below, is nothing but a guess trying to make others think you know something and makes me look bad, which I do not appreciate.

Scott Lemen

Scott: If you are going be critical of what someone's opinion of something, learn to spell.

John
Posted By: 1BadLiLCharger

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 03/31/14 03:13 AM

Quote:

In the end whether it be footfeeding, short button, long button or delay box the driver is still the root of the consistent release. If I have a long throw button, which I do in bobs 65 and I am inconsistent letting it go it will not make me better on tree.

My view of it has always been consistency and focus of the driver. I like the adjustable buttons because it saves me from climbing under the car and tightening or loosening shocks to better reaction time.

In the end there is always adjustment. Whether it be the car suspension, air pressure, twisting a button or punching numbers in a delay box.

If you as the driver not consistent none of the above adjustments will help.

Best response yet.

If I was as dedicated to this hobby as I used to be I would definitely consider it. My long throw switch still isn't enough to keep me from going red, if this could get me leaving on the flash and staying green....hmmm.
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 04/01/14 06:07 AM

You guys should probably look into that button a little harder. The APEX is a clear copy of the Biondo Terminator button. The Just N Time button is the next generation of these buttons. It has alot more adjustability than either of the two aforementioned buttons with multiple springs and multiple mounting points for the springs.
NONE of these buttons have the ability to delay more than .1 The most I have ever seen, even with the 5.0 button that is illegal in Stock Super Stock and Comp in NHRA, is .08 Biondo attempted to create a button called the AXE that was capable of more than .1 and it never took off pretty much because NHRA changed the rules right after that.

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 04/01/14 06:15 AM

I love Mr. P and all you guys on this site and am not taking sides. But I will say that the Collector Tether guys have a cheaper version of the tethers. Its not as nice as their higher priced product; but,it is legal.

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 04/01/14 06:26 AM

Quote:

I love Mr. P and all you guys on this site and am not taking sides. But I will say that the Collector Tether guys have a cheaper version of the tethers. Its not as nice as their higher priced product; but,it is legal.

The NHRA relacked that rule on the tethers

For the 2014 season and beyond, NHRA has made the following requirement:

All removable multipiece exhaust collectors/stacks must be securely fastened with either an NHRA-accepted header tether or a minimum ½” (half-inch) stitch weld located on each primary tube to prevent loss of collector/stacks during competition.

After much discussion on the topic, it has been decided that on cars with a complete exhaust system (including but not limited to mufflers, hangers, flanges, etc.) that are securely attached to the vehicle, header tethers will not be required. All other exhaust systems must conform to the rule as written. The current 2014 rulebook will be amended to reflect this change.

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 04/01/14 06:47 AM

I'm not real happy about the tether rule but it could actually save someone's life if one comes off. I couldnt get mine off if I tried; but, I'm sure people have them that probably slide off easily and could fall off if the bolts vibrate loose. Think the lite version of their tethers is under $100.

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 04/01/14 07:08 AM

Quote:

I'm not real happy about the tether rule but it could actually save someone's life if one comes off. I couldnt get mine off if I tried; but, I'm sure people have them that probably slide off easily and could fall off if the bolts vibrate loose. Think the lite version of their tethers is under $100.

There are so many parts that can fall off... we need
to look at our cars once in a while... you cant have
the "police" watching it for you... tech could be
better at MOST tracks

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 04/01/14 07:33 AM

Agreed. Tech is non existent at most tracks.
Posted By: cudadon

Re: "New" Trans brake button ...( kinda like ..... ) - 04/01/14 05:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Lotta this in here

Rickster

IF its legal in your div then it can be used.. thats
why I built my car with a trans brake. its LEGAL in
my div... that button is useless if there isnt a
trans brake... you play with what the rules say

Mike! I don't have a throttle stop or a delay box. I have a .03 button which is legal to use with my transbrake.

You PURE footbrake guys; do you have a button on your brake pedal wired to a 2-step?
I know some do.

Play by the rules and do the best you can to beat the other guy/gal.
Don

Attached picture 8097058-RayandI.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums