Moparts

Starter nose cone

Posted By: demongup

Starter nose cone - 03/12/14 03:41 AM

Can't seem to find a nose cone insert for my mini starter . I just put in a 1/4 mid plate ,I need to get the starter nose into the trans . I thought they have a insert for the trans to extend it out toward the motor .... ?

Thx
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Starter nose cone - 03/12/14 03:51 AM

Quote:

Can't seem to find a nose cone insert for my mini starter . I just put in a 1/4 mid plate ,I need to get the starter nose into the trans . I thought they have a insert for the trans to extend it out toward the motor .... ?

Thx

Just cut the mid plate around the starter... thats
what I do on my .090 mid plates
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Starter nose cone - 03/12/14 03:56 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Thx

His convertor has to be spaced for a 1/4 mid plate. I would get a power master starter that doesn't have nose cone on it.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Starter nose cone - 03/12/14 04:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thx

His convertor has to be spaced for a 1/4 mid plate. I would get a power master starter that doesn't have nose cone on it.

All he asked about was the nose cone... you dont
need any spacer if you cut the plate
Posted By: JD Dart

Re: Starter nose cone - 03/12/14 05:34 AM

I have one PM me

Re: Starter nose cone - 03/12/14 01:04 PM

What do u have ?
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: Starter nose cone - 03/12/14 05:05 PM

Re: Starter nose cone - 03/12/14 10:35 PM

Quote:

I'll pay u 100.00 for that ....lol
Posted By: sr4440

Re: Starter nose cone - 03/12/14 10:46 PM

You can use it if you want, but with a mini starter, the way the main shaft is supported it’s not needed. Now, a full size starter is a different story. I have run with a midplate and no support for the starter for at least 15 years.

Joe
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Starter nose cone - 03/12/14 10:51 PM

Quote:

You can use it if you want, but with a mini starter, the way the main shaft is supported it’s not needed. Now, a full size starter is a different story. I have run with a midplate and no support for the starter for at least 15 years.

Joe

Re: Starter nose cone - 03/12/14 11:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Joe

Thanks ,I did not know that. If i can get one I will use it if not, I will try it without
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Starter nose cone - 03/13/14 04:39 PM

Many aftermarket starters don't have the back shaft support that fits the bell socket.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Starter nose cone - 03/13/14 07:37 PM

Looks like ten minutes on a lathe!
© 2024 Moparts Forums