Moparts

NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" UPDATE

Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" UPDATE - 03/08/14 06:40 AM

I just received my new T&D B1 rockers and sure enough, they say Comp Cams on them..

Also come in a Comp Cams box from Carson City NV.

Instructions have Comp Cams heading..

AND... "THEY" relieved the rockers right where we did and continually break them.. This is why I got new ones (with no relieving)

I'm pretty sure Tores's wife passed a year ago or so and he was thinking of selling the company..

Chris..

Attached picture 8065910-T&D2.jpg

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/08/14 07:06 AM

Instructions and decals..

Chris..

Attached picture 8065924-T&D4.jpg
Posted By: rebel

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/08/14 11:37 AM

Thought that was common knowledge that T&D was the same as Comp Cams.

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/08/14 12:11 PM

Quote:

Thought that was common knowledge that T&D was the same as Comp Cams.

Larry Tores is T&D.. Or was until recently.

www.tdmach.com

I just bought a set last year and they have as always said T&D.. Both on the rockers and the boxes.
Several members on here that I know have purchased last year have T&D marked on everything.

Website is still the same but says it's in the process of a new site.

We'll see..

Chris..
Posted By: dvw

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/08/14 02:15 PM

My T&Ds say Comp. T&D used to make individual shaft rockers for Comp was what I was told.
Doug
Posted By: Adrielp

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/08/14 06:53 PM

Comp Cams pays T and D to make them. I would assume instead shelving two separate sets of the same rocker that T and D just decided to save themselves some money by leaving the Comp Cams decal on. Comp doesn't however make that rocker.
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/08/14 08:25 PM

Hey Chris... I've thought about this for a little while and I find it strange to have Comp's name on T&D's top shelf parts...

That would mean you could buy the same rocker from Comp and if so... would it be cheaper or more expensive?

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/08/14 08:31 PM

That would be correct! Don't know about the cheaper or more expensive part.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/08/14 08:39 PM

My small block rocker I bought last July doesn't have anything with comp on them. Rockers or boxes. Hope it's not the case , because I would assume comp would try to make them cheaper.

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/08/14 10:47 PM

Quote:

Comp Cams pays T and D to make them. I would assume instead shelving two separate sets of the same rocker that T and D just decided to save themselves some money by leaving the Comp Cams decal on. Comp doesn't however make that rocker.

If that's the case, look up the 8010 rocker kit for a B1 original on Comp Cams site..
Let me know how that works out..

Chris..
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/09/14 12:51 AM

I've used and recommended T&D rockers for years but I had an issue with them a little over a year ago. I have two sets of B1 individual shaft rockers. I used blue set and a brand new silver set. A good Friend broke a rocker in his wife's dragster and asked if he could borrow a pair till he could order a new set and some spares. Well after about 6 calls from my Friend calling for numbers, markings, and every other question and 6-8 months I finally got my rockers back. Shouldn't have really been that hard for a company to make up a set of 1.7 ratio rockers and some spares but they acted like they lost the blueprints. I only hope when I go to put my engine back together that they made them right. Kinda scary when you have a brand new set of 1100 dollar rockers on the line. They won't be loaned out again.
Posted By: jamesc

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/09/14 01:13 AM

at one point comp was selling harland sharp rockers under the comp brand, don't know if that is still the case

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/09/14 02:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

If that's the case, look up the 8010 rocker kit for a B1 original on Comp Cams site..
Let me know how that works out..

Chris..

Chris that was the case as of summer 2011 when I interned there. The plan was to develop a new rocker but it got put back on the shelf as there were more pertinent items to be developed. Me being the only mopar guy, I had to ask about all the racing parts that were available at the time. Of course this didn't apply to every rocker they sold but it did for some.

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/09/14 02:34 AM

Quote:

My T&Ds say Comp. T&D used to make individual shaft rockers for Comp was what I was told.
Doug

When did you get yours, from who, and what head.??

Comp lists a 1517 for Indy -1 head that may be made by T&D..

They do NOT list anything for a B1..

I ordered my rockers from T&D.. NOT Comp..

They came from T&D's address..

Chris..
Posted By: Dads426

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/09/14 06:23 AM

If you order the T&D Rockers from Indy, they have an Indy engraving on them. I needed one real quick, so I ordered from Indy at 100% markup
Posted By: dvw

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/09/14 06:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Doug

When did you get yours, from who, and what head.??

Comp lists a 1517 for Indy -1 head that may be made by T&D..

They do NOT list anything for a B1..

I ordered my rockers from T&D.. NOT Comp..

They came from T&D's address..

Chris..

Mine are individual shaft for -1. I started looking when I noticed the stands needed to be moved toward the valves. I couldn't figure out why they would be wrong as the stands locate on the original rocker shaft centerline. They are engraved Comp. They were used, at least 5-6 years old. Silver in color. All PN#s on the stands etc are T&D. T&D told me that they made them for Comp, not the other way around. I do know that "Hardcore B's" "T&D stamped" rockers also needed the same move. That's as much as I know.
Doug
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/09/14 06:50 AM

I have TDs on all of my small blocks and they are all
TD stuff... yeah the last set I bought has been about
3 to 4 years now but they came from TD with TD on
the box and parts... I bought some mounting bolts
about 6 months ago and they came from TD...Comp can
screw up things in my opinion ... I will assume that
TD is making them for a few companies and engraving
with any ones name... but the clearancing
issue Chris had is now part of it... so is that a Comp
print that its built to or is TD changing it
I might have to find something else now days... or I
hope I have enough spare parts to last me

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/10/14 07:26 AM

Quote:

I have TDs on all of my small blocks and they are all
TD stuff... yeah the last set I bought has been about
3 to 4 years now but they came from TD with TD on
the box and parts... I bought some mounting bolts
about 6 months ago and they came from TD...Comp can
screw up things in my opinion ... I will assume that
TD is making them for a few companies and engraving
with any ones name... but the clearancing
issue Chris had is now part of it... so is that a Comp
print that its built to or is TD changing it

I might have to find something else now days... or I
hope I have enough spare parts to last me

Mike, that is what really bothers me..

I bought new ones thinking they were untouched or clearnced for the valve spring. This is where we have been breaking them.
So I've ordered a 1.500 spring instead of a 1.625 and new rockers with no clearancing.. So I thought..

I'm going to call T&D in the a.m. to try to figure this out..

Chris..

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/12/14 05:12 AM

So, I got in touch with T&D today..

It seems that they make the rocker kits for Comp and Indy the 440-1 Indy deal..

But, the intake and exhaust rockers are the same part for the B1 original.. Just different shaft and stands..

They say they only "RELIEVE" when customer requests it..

Funny thing is I "DID NOT" request this and wasn't happy with them throwing a Comp 440-1 kit together with a B1 kit and shaking the box..

We're working on a solution here..

Here's another weird thing I noticed..

Kind of strange how much they look alike..

Chris..

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/12/14 07:40 AM

Yup... it sounds like they;re in bed with each other
Posted By: Nitrojunkee

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/12/14 05:08 PM

All I know is, today is exactly 4 weeks since I ordered my rockers from T&D for a pair of Edelbrock RPM heads, for my Wedge build. It didn't take that long to get custom blower pistons from Diamond.
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/13/14 03:31 PM

Jesel Doesnt seem as popular for the B1 stuff. Im looking at buying some new ones too.. Also was told the new T&D rockers wont fit under the old style B1 valve cover cause of the new design???
Have to go to custom Covers...
WTF??
Thats why now the rockers are $1400 plus new valve covers.. Im looking at Jesel.
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/13/14 10:50 PM

The new B1 covers all tall enough

Casey

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/13/14 11:45 PM

Quote:

Jesel Doesnt seem as popular for the B1 stuff. Im looking at buying some new ones too.. Also was told the new T&D rockers wont fit under the old style B1 valve cover cause of the new design???
Have to go to custom Covers...
WTF??
Thats why now the rockers are $1400 plus new valve covers.. Im looking at Jesel.

The "Paired Rockers" won't fit under any cast B1 cover. Single shaft will fit under my early small B1 covers.

Chris..

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/14/14 01:00 AM

Quote:

The "Paired Rockers" won't fit under any cast B1 cover. Single shaft will fit under my early small B1 covers.

Chris..

Mine were able to fit Chris.. without any modifications, however I have to heavily clearance the Williams Bro valve covers I bought..
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/14/14 06:37 AM

Chris,
I have paired shaft rockers and they fit under a B1 cover.
I would recommend a set of those rockers over the single shaft set.
I also have 1.625" springs.
Call and ask for Brad.

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/14/14 03:36 PM

I received my T&D's a day ago, and they came in a T&D box as well as having the T&D logo on the rockers...T&D stickers too lol.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/14/14 03:44 PM

Quote:

I received my T&D's a day ago, and they came in a T&D box as well as having the T&D logo on the rockers...T&D stickers too lol.

Was this for a SB?... all my SB stuff has been this way
Posted By: Forest

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/14/14 04:19 PM

Quote:

Chris,
I have paired shaft rockers and they fit under a B1 cover.
I would recommend a set of those rockers over the single shaft set.
I also have 1.625" springs.
Call and ask for Brad.

My paired shaft T&D's would fit under my B1 covers? The rocker tip hits the front rail...

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/14/14 04:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Was this for a SB?... all my SB stuff has been this way

No. But it is just an RPM headed 496" Wedge.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/14/14 05:45 PM

My old cast B1 covers(short ones)fit over my paired T&D's fine. The fabbed sheet metal ones needed the rails clearance a bit.
Posted By: joshking440

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/14/14 08:32 PM

T&D puts Indy on the rockers we buy from them as well.
Posted By: Cheatham

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/14/14 08:51 PM

Quote:

My old cast B1 covers(short ones)fit over my paired T&D's fine. The fabbed sheet metal ones needed the rails clearance a bit.

Them short covers you sold me Al I had to do a little clearanceing on the rocker adjuster side to make them fit but they clearanced well without hacking them up mine are Jesel paired
Posted By: Dads426

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/14/14 10:01 PM

Be careful when relieving the T&D rockers if you are running a lot of spring pressure (700+ lbs). My previous set were used with the 1.65" spring and required relieving which reduced their life to about 200 runs. They were breaking like clockwork at that point. Called T&D and they said DO NOT RELIEVE the rockers or they will fail. I went to a 1.55 spring and the rockers did not require relieving. Also, T&D does not like the use of offset keepers to gain installed height. It puts the retainor too close to the rocker.
Posted By: Cheatham

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/15/14 02:23 AM

Quote:

Be careful when relieving the T&D rockers if you are running a lot of spring pressure (700+ lbs). My previous set were used with the 1.65" spring and required relieving which reduced their life to about 200 runs. They were breaking like clockwork at that point. Called T&D and they said DO NOT RELIEVE the rockers or they will fail. I went to a 1.55 spring and the rockers did not require relieving. Also, T&D does not like the use of offset keepers to gain installed height. It puts the retainor too close to the rocker.

I shouldve been more clear what i meant was i had to relieve the valve cover to gain clearance no way would i put a scratch on them rockers
Posted By: Barnstorm

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 03/15/14 03:10 AM

Quote:

I feel like the luckiest guy on the planet for breaking 1 440-1 rocker in 15 years...with comp 948 springs and Indy black 1.5 nothing special rockers to 7600.

Re: NEW T&D Rockers Say "COMP CAMS" Say What?? - 05/03/14 01:06 AM

Have an Update:

Sheldon at T&D fixed the situation and made everything right..

Nice to see these days.. At NO COST to me..

Just thought I should post the good with the bad..

Chris..

Attached picture 8132065-T&D.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums