Moparts

SLIDERS INSTALLED..........UPDATE!

Posted By: Thumperdart

SLIDERS INSTALLED..........UPDATE! - 03/05/14 08:18 PM

I`ll get picks later but it`s actually tighter than my poly lubed up shackles.............. I assume some has to do w/em being flat and having no arch but after I bring my pinion angle back to around 4-5 instead of 7 we`ll drive it and see. Thankxx 4 all of the help.

Shackles kick azz............love em. Car`s way more stable and shoot and point and it goes. It`s really trying to hook up on the street but maybe next Sat. I can take care of a long over due street race and see what happens.............
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: SLIDERS INSTALLED........................... - 03/05/14 08:24 PM

Cool! Now go get us some 60' testing!! Just did my install but the snow falling is depressing

Re: SLIDERS INSTALLED........................... - 03/05/14 08:52 PM

I just checked em out and it seems after welding, the boxes have bowed out an 1/8 in. at the bottom causing a slight bind on the bearings so back to the grind....
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: SLIDERS INSTALLED........................... - 03/05/14 09:15 PM

Quote:

I just checked em out and it seems after welding, the boxes have bowed out an 1/8 in. at the bottom causing a slight bind on the bearings so back to the grind....

Tack them good then run short hot welds about 1/2"
to max 1"... let it cool before hitting the next spot
Posted By: 340B5

Re: SLIDERS INSTALLED........................... - 03/05/14 09:18 PM

You'll like them. The rise is reduced quite a bit. I use never-sieze on the tracks once on a while on mine.
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: SLIDERS INSTALLED........................... - 03/05/14 09:43 PM

Quote:

Pull them together with a C clamp?

Re: SLIDERS INSTALLED........................... - 03/05/14 09:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Pull them together with a C clamp?

That and a big hammer and all`s well and no more bind. They`re already welded in Mike. There`s a collar that`s the same od as the bearings inner that the bolt goes through so instead of the bearing taking the hit cornering, I found some washers slightly smaller than the outer diameter of the bearings and installed em on the inside of the bearings w/a slight gap and we`re golden. Don`t like the idea of the bearing takin the beating when the washer can better spread the load..........
Posted By: Polarapete

Re: SLIDERS INSTALLED........................... - 03/05/14 11:36 PM

I have a set of sliders that I bought from Alex Denysenko at www.moneymakerracing.net and I intend to use them on the Ramcharger. I have a large piece of square tubing that I will attach to the frame as a crossmember. The sliders will fit nicely on the bottom and the down tubes from the roll cage will attach at the top. I did the axle flip and have the Dana 60 above the springs with some long "Chevy" shackles and I don't like that (I don't think it is stable enough at the hit). I will post some pictures when I am done with it.

Re: SLIDERS INSTALLED........................... - 03/05/14 11:47 PM

Good luck and 8 beers later mine was finished............
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: SLIDERS INSTALLED........................... - 03/06/14 08:01 PM

Quote:

Good luck and 8 beers later mine was finished............

Lets see, are you getting faster on drinking or slower on working

Re: SLIDERS INSTALLED........................... - 03/06/14 08:06 PM

A little of both and it just seems that every time I work on the dart I end up w/a few beers in the fridge...............SPOOKY.......... Just got back from Pettis and Jason and Ellen said hi!
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: SLIDERS INSTALLED........................... - 03/06/14 10:13 PM

Good luck!
What slicks did u end up with?

Re: SLIDERS INSTALLED........................... - 03/06/14 11:07 PM

Thankxxx................I`ll get slicks after the rear end stuff is done and will probably get a 29x10.5 stiff wall something.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: SLIDERS INSTALLED........................... - 03/06/14 11:21 PM

I don't see any sliders, probably just a dream while drinking

Re: SLIDERS INSTALLED........................... - 03/06/14 11:44 PM

Yep, It`s all a dream till it happens.................. Heading out now to finish painting stuff and will have pics Mon.

Re: SLIDERS INSTALLED..........UPDATE! - 06/04/14 04:04 AM

Quote:

I`ll get picks later but it`s actually tighter than my poly lubed up shackles.............. I assume some has to do w/em being flat and having no arch but after I bring my pinion angle back to around 4-5 instead of 7 we`ll drive it and see. Thankxx 4 all of the help.

Sliders kick azz............love em. Car`s way more stable and shoot and point and it goes. It`s really trying to hook up on the street but maybe next Sat. I can take care of a long over due street race and see what happens.............

Posted By: GY3

Re: SLIDERS INSTALLED..........UPDATE! - 06/04/14 04:20 AM

Any change in height?

Re: SLIDERS INSTALLED..........UPDATE! - 06/04/14 04:28 AM

Sorry, I fubared bringing this up by accident........... To answer your q, I accidently moved the ft. mounting point down about 3/4 of an inch but works like a charm so far street racing...........
© 2024 Moparts Forums