Moparts

ATTN: Weber Belt Drive Users

Posted By: 340Cuda

ATTN: Weber Belt Drive Users - 02/16/14 09:35 PM

I fired up a new engine with a Weber Belt Drive for the first time today. It has a pretty bad oil leak in the front. I at this time I cannot see if it is coming from the crank or the cam.

Have any of you guys seen this movie and can you give me advice as to what to look for as I take it apart?

I thought I followed the instructions closely.

It is a R-3 Block with a 60mm cam.

Thanks,
Bill Lamb
Posted By: 440W8 Duster

Re: ATTN: Weber Belt Drive Users - 02/16/14 09:40 PM

I have a weber belt drive but the standard 48* babbit bearing set up but no leaks for me.
Hopefully you didn't tear up the crank seal call Dave and ask him for info. I have his cell no if you need it.

Re: ATTN: Weber Belt Drive Users - 02/17/14 04:25 AM

Jesse,
I have got another crank seal if I need it, its a Jesel part number. I am hoping it will be obvious what the problem is when I get it apart. I don't remember anyone ever saying they had problems with leaks.
Thanks,
Bill
Posted By: Leon441

Re: ATTN: Weber Belt Drive Users - 02/17/14 05:53 AM

Something had to be cut down on my cam adapter when I went to 60mm. But, for the life of me I can't remember what it was.

Leon

Re: ATTN: Weber Belt Drive Users - 02/17/14 03:35 PM

Leon,

Thanks!

Let me know if you remember, but this gives me something to ask Weber about.

Bill
Posted By: 440W8 Duster

Re: ATTN: Weber Belt Drive Users - 02/18/14 12:12 AM

Did you put some silicone between the crank key and crank gear? Also some on the cam seal (cover)?
Posted By: 408Dust

Re: ATTN: Weber Belt Drive Users - 02/18/14 04:03 AM

Make sure you did not roll the cam seal have been running one for some time and never had a problem but have rolled the cam seal but it did not leak....
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: ATTN: Weber Belt Drive Users - 02/18/14 10:08 PM

Quote:

Something had to be cut down on my cam adapter when I went to 60mm. But, for the life of me I can't remember what it was.

Leon

usually you need to cut the front cam journal down to stock size for .250 back to allow the cam adapter to sit on the bigger core correctly.

Re: ATTN: Weber Belt Drive Users - 02/19/14 12:46 AM

Thanks everyone!

Lots of things to check and look at.

Bill
© 2024 Moparts Forums