Moparts

HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES

Posted By: SSDAcuda

HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/15/14 11:55 PM

A long time member and even longer time Super Stock Hemi racer, MBogina on here, has succumbed to a heart attack Thursday, Feb 13. Only 58 years old...

Rest in Peace Mike
Posted By: 70dusterjohn

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/15/14 11:58 PM

Sorry to hear ! Prayers to his family !
RIP
Posted By: Sammy

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/16/14 12:01 AM

OMG, I just talked to him. Too many are dying of heart attacks lately. I'm so sorry to hear this. Godspeed Mike. He was one of the good ones.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/16/14 12:38 AM

Wow!! That is too young!
Posted By: moderncylinder

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/16/14 01:37 AM

RIP MIKE
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/16/14 03:18 AM

OMG no!...he was a good guy....may he rest in peace...we lost another good one.
Posted By: Ari440

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/16/14 03:26 AM

Posted By: 383man

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/16/14 03:47 AM

Wow thats to young. So sorry to hear this. RIP Mike. Ron
Posted By: Dartin

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/16/14 04:09 AM

Thoughts and prayers for him and his loved ones.
Posted By: headhunter

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/16/14 04:53 AM

r.i.p
Posted By: jake4cars

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/16/14 05:05 AM

Joey
Posted By: tubtar

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/16/14 05:43 AM

I didn't know Mike , but his car was a favorite of mine for years.
I have a pic of it launching at BIR hanging on my living room wall.
That is WAAAAAAY too young.
Vaya Con Dios , Amigo.
Posted By: dvw

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/16/14 06:52 AM

Prayers for family.
Doug
Posted By: SB412DUSTER

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/16/14 07:45 AM

Posted By: dare_dude

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/16/14 07:09 PM

RIP Prayers to family!
Posted By: old_racer

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/16/14 07:34 PM

Wow, Sorry to hear that, I met Mike 20 some year ago at Brainerd Mn. ended up pitting next to him I was going goofy looking at his cuda he was under it I said trouble , yea transmission , I have a spare but this is my best one, I said I know mopar transmissions I'll look at it after you get it out, I went for a walk and came back an he had it completely torn apart all over the trailer floor , he said sure hope you can put this back together!! I did and it ended up being a valve body problem and we took the one out of his spare trans and every thing work fine, next race I seen him at he gave me a bunch of pic's like the one in the first post. great guy, very smart.
rest in peace man.
Posted By: mr_340

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/16/14 07:51 PM

The first time I saw Mike was at Ennis when the car was red and he did a giant wheelstand and smashed the oil pan. I saw him and another guy under the car in the pits after that. All I saw was legs sticking out so I didn't bother them.

I bought some Manley I-beam Hemi rods and a couple of roller cams from him. He gave me some advice on running a SS Hemi. I ran out of money before getting one built. I never met the guy in person, but he was very friendly and helpful by e-mail. I'm losing all my Hemi advisors like Mike and Jeff from MCH. RIP Mike.
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/16/14 11:18 PM

Terrible news....

RIP
Posted By: rowin4

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/17/14 05:27 AM

R.I.P.
Posted By: SuperStockWagon

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/17/14 06:14 AM

Thoughts and prayers to the Bogina family..You'll be missed Mike!
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/17/14 04:21 PM

Godspeed HemiMike.
Posted By: cgall

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/17/14 06:38 PM

Sad news, I see on DRC that he ran the car as recently as last August at Topeka and qualified #16 with a 9.64 in SS/DA.
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/17/14 06:38 PM

Godspeed, Mike.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/17/14 11:07 PM

Known Mike since I was a teen in High School. RIP Brother!!
Posted By: Dave W

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/18/14 04:36 AM

I didn't know Mike well, but grew up watching him race. I met him at a local Mopar day at the track when I was a teenager. This is when he was running his 64 or 65 Hemi car before he had the convertible. His racing partner, Pat Forsyth had a Hemi A-body. Seeing both cars up close made a lasting impression on me. From that day forward, the most impressive sight to behold in my eyes was a Super Stock Hemi. When they fired them up and roared to life, I was hooked! Mike was very knowledgeable and personable guy and always out performed his budget. Condolences to his family and Godspeed. Take it one day at a time and every day that passes the good memories will overcome the pain of your loss.
Posted By: Dave W

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/18/14 04:40 AM

If my memory is correct, the convertible wasn't a convertible car from the factory. It was made into a convertible, but I can't remember the story. Maybe someone else will chime in. Either way, it was a beautiful machine!
Posted By: SSDAcuda

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/18/14 01:20 PM

Quote:

If my memory is correct, the convertible wasn't a convertible car from the factory. It was made into a convertible, but I can't remember the story. Maybe someone else will chime in. Either way, it was a beautiful machine!

Dave, Mikes car was a body-in-white car from the factory that had been converted to a convertible early on. He also told some good tales of ALOT of other "tricks" they did to that car back in its early days of Super Stock racing. And you are dead on about Mike being smart and personable...
Posted By: Handygun

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/19/14 01:10 AM

Always a personable fella, If some photo savvy member could make a poster out of the top pic I'd be first in line to get some cool garage art like that. Proceeds to the family of course, just thinkin out loud.
Posted By: ksj

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/19/14 03:32 AM

Count me in.
Posted By: GTX MATT

Re: HEMI MIKE BOGINA PASSES - 02/19/14 07:37 AM

© 2024 Moparts Forums