Moparts

Anyone using these 440source valve covers?

Posted By: Eric

Anyone using these 440source valve covers? - 02/14/14 09:05 PM

http://store.440source.com/Valve-Covers-Fabricated-Aluminum-pair-USA-MADE/productinfo/200-1052/

Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Anyone using these 440source valve covers? - 02/14/14 09:21 PM

Eric I bought a set years ago and they are sitting on a shelf if you want to check them out. I was going to put them on the 512 (440source) assembly I have sitting here but I started playing with these dog-gone small blocks. Planning on putting a big block in the Duster next year but time will tell. They look pretty nice.

Re: Anyone using these 440source valve covers? - 02/14/14 09:44 PM

Cool...I'm curious about distributer clearance. I'm thinking about putting a belt driven vacuum pump on it also.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Anyone using these 440source valve covers? - 02/14/14 09:49 PM

Eric I had those on the 451 in my DartSport, they have a brushed finish and the rail is not the flattest thing in the world but they worked well with good gaskets.

I personally like the $99 Summit covers better, I bought them recently for my Duster.

Attached picture 8039610-100_1925.jpg

Re: Anyone using these 440source valve covers? - 02/14/14 09:51 PM

Summit Covers

Attached picture 8039613-12-21-13A.jpg
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Anyone using these 440source valve covers? - 02/14/14 09:51 PM

No help Eric but in the hot deals section 440 source has free shipping...
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...e=0#Post8038635

Re: Anyone using these 440source valve covers? - 02/14/14 10:21 PM

Thanks folks...I saw the Summit ones also Bob. ....
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Anyone using these 440source valve covers? - 02/14/14 10:36 PM

What is on it now?
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Anyone using these 440source valve covers? - 02/14/14 10:49 PM

Quote:

What is on it now?

Stock covers off a 1970 Chrysler New Yorker.
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Anyone using these 440source valve covers? - 02/14/14 11:02 PM

Knowing him what ever was free or cheap

Ted said so.

Re: Anyone using these 440source valve covers? - 02/14/14 11:23 PM

The older Summit cast aluminum ones....I dug them out of thier dumpster...the say "Plummet" on them...factory defects are fine for this guy.
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Anyone using these 440source valve covers? - 02/15/14 12:04 AM

Quote:

I personally like the $99 Summit covers better, I bought them recently for my Duster.

Not to hi-jack, but I just picked a pair of the cast finish Summit covers. Did you need to hog out the holes to have them slip over the studs? Mine were no where near being able to drop right on because of the stud angle on the factory heads...

Aside from that, and needing to order longer studs, I am happy with the quality/cost of them
Posted By: mopar65

Re: Anyone using these 440source valve covers? - 02/15/14 12:32 AM

Quote:

Summit Covers

Bob got any more picks of your duster?? also i like the looks of those valve covers. mopar65
Posted By: 383man

Re: Anyone using these 440source valve covers? - 02/15/14 12:45 AM

Eric I considered the 440Source covers but when I talked to them they said it does have a lip on them. I really wanted ones that were just flat with no lip because on my old stock valve covers I had to grind the lip down as it hit on the EZ heads I use. So I went with these from Mancini which have no lip and work perfect for me. Nothing wrong with the 440Source covers that I saw I just did not want a lip on them if I could help it. Ron

Posted By: 383man

Re: Anyone using these 440source valve covers? - 02/15/14 12:55 AM

Hers another pic. Ron

Posted By: Todd

Re: Anyone using these 440source valve covers? - 02/15/14 05:43 AM

I have the 440 source covers for a few years now with zero issues. Been off half a dozen times. No leaks.
Posted By: 1968RR

Re: Anyone using these 440source valve covers? - 02/15/14 06:08 AM

I've got a set of the Source covers. My Summit/Mallory distributor clears them. Maybe some of the other covers that 440 Source sells have lips, but my USA-fabbed Source ones don't.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Anyone using these 440source valve covers? - 02/15/14 06:16 AM

I've got the summit/Mallory dizzy as well.
Posted By: 70dusterjohn

Re: Anyone using these 440source valve covers? - 02/15/14 07:15 AM

I have both the summit and source, on my coronet both fit great with a stock dizzy, on the duster with msd dizzy the summit ones need a little help clearing ! but I like both ?
Posted By: Project kickin A

Re: Anyone using these 440source valve covers? - 02/15/14 09:08 AM

We have a set of those, I can not fault them for fit or finish, we just hope my old decals hold up to heat but otherwise

Attached picture 8040180-projectnewvalvecovers.jpg
Posted By: belvedere383

Re: Anyone using these 440source valve covers? - 02/15/14 03:31 PM

I have the 440source covers on my engine. They don't have any leaks after 5 years. Only problem I have had with them is the baffle under the vent hole fell off on both valve covers. Also if you are running an MSD distributor the valve cover will need to be clearenced a bit in order for the MSD unit to fit properly.

I just put a little heat on it and used a body hammer to put a small inside facing contour and that seem to fix any problems.
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: Anyone using these 440source valve covers? - 02/15/14 03:34 PM

Those decals will hold up just fine

I have the old style Summit covers and like them real well.
Also have a set of fabricated covers that don't fit with the old style large plastic base MSD distributor that uses the chebby cap.

Attached picture 8040246-GEDC0784compressed.JPG
Posted By: cgall

Re: Anyone using these 440source valve covers? - 02/15/14 08:36 PM

A sad commentary on today's culture when you see a pair of Chinese valve covers with Mopar decals on them.

Re: Anyone using these 440source valve covers? - 02/15/14 10:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Summit Covers

Bob got any more picks of your duster?? also i like the looks of those valve covers. mopar65

I have some pics of the Duster project, I'll post some some day.

I like the covers that 383man has but they will not work well with some of the aftermarket heads like Edelbrock, because of the angled bolt holes.
Plus you have to run the long bolts so you can't run studs if you want to.

The new polished Summit covers bolt up fine to my Eddy heads with no drilling or honing of the bolt holes. I'm planning on running a low deck Pertronix distributor so I hope it fits.
Posted By: 451Mopar

Re: Anyone using these 440source valve covers? - 02/16/14 09:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Not to hi-jack, but I just picked a pair of the cast finish Summit covers. Did you need to hog out the holes to have them slip over the studs? Mine were no where near being able to drop right on because of the stud angle on the factory heads...

Aside from that, and needing to order longer studs, I am happy with the quality/cost of them

My friend had to enlarge the bolt holes in his polished Summit covers too. He got them a few years back, not sure if they have changed?
I have a new set setting in the box, that I got last year. I need to mock them up to my Stealth heads to see if the holes need drilled too.

Re: Anyone using these 440source valve covers? - 02/16/14 03:52 PM

Quote:

My friend had to enlarge the bolt holes in his polished Summit covers too. He got them a few years back, not sure if they have changed?

What heads did he have? They bolted right up to my Edelbrocks.
Posted By: 451Mopar

Re: Anyone using these 440source valve covers? - 02/16/14 07:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

What heads did he have? They bolted right up to my Edelbrocks.

They are the Edelbrock RPM Heads. Both the heads and valve covers were bought several years ago, so there may been changes made since then?
© 2024 Moparts Forums