Moparts

Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list?

Posted By: DaveRS23

Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/02/14 02:48 AM

I got a call today from our local track and they are starting a local Top 10 list kinda like the TV show thing. But this one will be run at the track on test and tune night and is for street cars. So, from that point of view, it is just opposite of the TV show.

Sounds like fun. And they said that there are lists starting in several other local towns and that there may be some town to town shoot-outs. Overall, I am glad to see it. Of course, the devil is in the details and we will see how they actually put it together, but still, it's cool.

I'm been invited in! At least for the initial shoot-out for list position.

Anybody else got anything like this going on locally?

Posted By: D-50

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/02/14 02:58 AM

Feb. 28 they are having a Outlaw and a Street Legal top 10 list at a track about 40 miles from me. It will be no prep.They are going to give you 3 passes and you will not know what you run. Only the people in the tower will, they will make the list. Then people can call you out for a race to get on the list or move up.
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/02/14 06:13 AM

There is something set up in my old stomping grounds in Colorado. Run on the back straight of a road course, no prep
Posted By: MikeyT

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/02/14 06:15 AM

GOOD!!

I think that is an awesome idea! I would certainly come check it out and race!

Mike
Posted By: racerx

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/02/14 03:43 PM

Is this going to be at I-57?If so i might have to check this out What day is this going down fridays?.........
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/02/14 04:00 PM

Quote:

I got a call today from our local track and they are starting a local Top 10 list kinda like the TV show thing. But this one will be run at the track on test and tune night and is for street cars. So, from that point of view, it is just opposite of the TV show.

Sounds like fun. And they said that there are lists starting in several other local towns and that there may be some town to town shoot-outs. Overall, I am glad to see it. Of course, the devil is in the details and we will see how they actually put it together, but still, it's cool.

to many rules right off the bat.
Posted By: Duner

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/02/14 04:35 PM

Some of the locals are trying to start a list deal - but don't want anything to do with racing on the track. For that reason I don't want anything to do with them. There are lots of deserted roads in Arizona for them to play on where traffic wouldn't be at risk, but the risk vs reward is still skewed way too far to the negative.

No thanks.
Posted By: BB73Challenger

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/02/14 05:33 PM

I like the idea for smaller tracks,
Why not take a hot concept and run with it?
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/02/14 05:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

There are rules for every track and every class has rules - I guess you really don't race. Well except on the keyboard

Russ

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/02/14 05:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

There are rules for every track and every class has rules - I guess you really don't race. Well except on the keyboard

Russ

are you sure about that? if they are trying to play off the street outlaws series. #1 Rule there are no rules. now it looks like the posters track is trying some off the wall type gig to follow the hype. go for it

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/02/14 06:09 PM

Quote:

Is this going to be at I-57?If so i might have to check this out What day is this going down fridays?.........

Yep, I-57.

It is still all in the planning stages.

As for too many rules, the track is trying to attract more street cars. So they are trying to keep the race cars that they already have from dominating the list.

The TV show is about race cars racing on the street, while this is supposed to be street cars racing on the track.

Personally, the only rule I would like to see changed is the one where they are going to allow any suspension mods. If the suspension mods were limited to bolt on items, it would be even more of a street car theme.

Anyway, I am stoked about it. Just sounds like fun.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/02/14 06:25 PM

Dave, do you run that aluminum block Dart?
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/02/14 06:37 PM

Lakeland FL is having one here in a couple of weeks.....no-prep bring what ya got and hope you got enough....very limited rules....basically NO TUBE CHASSIS CARS....has to be legally registered and insured....they seem to be getting a lot of interest....hope it goes well

Rickster

Correction.....it's next weekend the 8th....

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/02/14 06:50 PM

Quote:

Dave, do you run that aluminum block Dart?

I will probably run the Cuda if the old engine has another season left in it.

The Dart is really more of a street/car show kind of thing. Although it made 640hp at the tires and it is on pump gas.

Maybe if the Cuda can't make the list, I would try the Dart.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/02/14 07:24 PM

I saw the Dart run 6.0s with the old engine. No point in bringing my small block up there .
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/02/14 07:24 PM

Quote:

Lakeland FL is having one here in a couple of weeks.....no-prep bring what ya got and hope you got enough....very limited rules....basically NO TUBE CHASSIS CARS....has to be legally registered and insured....they seem to be getting a lot of interest....hope it goes well

Rickster

That seems a little odd to me. Is a tube chassis more of an advantage than a power adder?
Just asking
Mark

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/02/14 07:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Rickster

That seems a little odd to me. Is a tube chassis more of an advantage than a power adder?
Just asking
Mark

thats what I am talking about. what difference does it make what kind of chassis how light the car blablabla. you will be running on a non prep track.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/02/14 07:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Yep, I-57.

As for too many rules, the track is trying to attract more street cars. So they are trying to keep the race cars that they already have from dominating the list.

The TV show is about race cars racing on the street, while this is supposed to be street cars racing on the track.

Personally, the only rule I would like to see changed is the one where they are going to allow any suspension mods. If the suspension mods were limited to bolt on items, it would be even more of a street car theme.

if thats the case mustangs will dominate.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/02/14 07:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yep, I-57.

if thats the case mustangs will dominate.

Anything's possible.

I think that with the suspension mods and DOT tire rules in place, the cars will be in the deep 6's if not 5's, right away. Not bad for a start. I won't be in the hunt at that point, but it will be fun for awhile.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/02/14 08:40 PM

Dave have you ran the Dart since going through it?

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 12:36 AM

No, not yet.

I changed everything, it's a completely different car. Blown al. Hemi this time. I didn't really plan on running it at the track, but I might.

I was hoping by now to have built a big inch Hemi to replace the tired wedge that is in the Cuda now. But this Dart project has ate my lunch. Much longer, more difficult, and expensive than I ever would have imagined. But it is way cool, so I hope it's worth it.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 01:15 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Rickster

Just asking
Mark

thats what I am talking about. what difference does it make what kind of chassis how light the car blablabla. you will be running on a non prep track.

I though you guys said it was a street car race? Tube chassis street cars? Is it easier to get a 2500 lb tube chassis car or a 3700 car to hook?

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 01:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Rickster

Just asking
Mark

I though you guys said it was a street car race? Tube chassis street cars? Is it easier to get a 2500 lb tube chassis car or a 3700 car to hook?

you tell us? any car with power will have trouble. it's about power management not what kind of chassis. an 8 second car or a 7 second car will have trouble no matter how you get there. big monster cube power adder or small motor light car. you put the big motor in the light car same problem.
Posted By: Eric

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 01:47 AM

Truthfully I think all this no-prep stuff is going to result in a bunch of wrecked race cars

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 01:59 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Rickster

Just asking

Mark

you tell us? any car with power will have trouble. it's about power management not what kind of chassis. an 8 second car or a 7 second car will have trouble no matter how you get there. big monster cube power adder or small motor light car. you put the big motor in the light car same problem.

Yes a light car is easier to hook then a heavy car period. I don't care if you have a hundred or 900 horsepower it will be easier to get it to hook in a lighter chassis. I thought this was supposed to be a street car race? Why do all you bracket racers want to race street cars? Don't you have your own race every Saturday or Sunday.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 02:15 AM

I am in one at Cecil county April 6. We let tube cars in by the rules. But it has a 30 mi cruise and straight to lanes for first round of racing with out going to trailer. I think that got rid of all the bracket cars.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 02:51 AM

Quote:

No, not yet.

I changed everything, it's a completely different car. Blown al. Hemi this time. I didn't really plan on running it at the track, but I might.

I was hoping by now to have built a big inch Hemi to replace the tired wedge that is in the Cuda now. But this Dart project has ate my lunch. Much longer, more difficult, and expensive than I ever would have imagined. But it is way cool, so I hope it's worth it.

Wow! I didn't know what you were powering it with.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 02:56 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Rickster

Just asking

Mark

Yes a light car is easier to hook then a heavy car period. I don't care if you have a hundred or 900 horsepower it will be easier to get it to hook in a lighter chassis. I thought this was supposed to be a street car race? Why do all you bracket racers want to race street cars? Don't you have your own race every Saturday or Sunday.

bull crap, how many 2000lb cars have you driven?

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 02:57 AM

Quote:

Truthfully I think all this no-prep stuff is going to result in a bunch of wrecked race cars

already has

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 03:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

No, not yet.

This one should be fun this season;

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 03:43 AM

Just one a 7.80 bbc pipe rack, and your right couldn't get it to hook at all. Lol It would hook in a snow storm.

Why do you refuse to address the fact this is a street car race? Is your arrow street legal?

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 03:50 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No, not yet.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 03:53 AM

At the risk of asking a dumb question..............Is 2X3 frame considered a tube chassis? I know it is called boxed tubing, but I always think of round tube for a "tube chassis".

Mark

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 03:57 AM

Quote:

Just one a 7.80 bbc pipe rack, and your right couldn't get it to hook at all. Lol It would hook in a snow storm.

Why do you refuse to address the fact this is a street car race? Is your arrow street legal?

a pipe rack is completely different from a door car, you can't even begin to compare the 2. I have driven both. and I could care less what you call it. the word street car doesn't mean squat. drag week proves that every year.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 03:59 AM

Quote:

At the risk of asking a dumb question..............Is 2X3 frame considered a tube chassis? I know it is called boxed tubing, but I always think of round tube for a "tube chassis".

Mark

yes it is.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 04:17 AM

Whats with all the rubber fuel line on this thing

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 04:17 AM

Once again this is a street car race is your car street legal?

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 04:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

a pipe rack is completely different from a door car, you can't even begin to compare the 2. I have driven both. and I could care less what you call it. the word street car doesn't mean squat. drag week proves that every year.

That wasn't the question you asked. Street car means reg. and tags and I didn't call it that the people putting on the race called it that.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 04:22 AM

Quote:

anything can be made street legal, what does my car have to do with anything. I wouldn't race in that if it were. my point is throwing a lot of rules at something usually kills the event.if they are going to make a top 10 list run what you brung and quit crying

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 04:24 AM

Quote:

looks like push lock

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 04:26 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That wasn't the question you asked. Street car means reg. and tags and I didn't call it that the people putting on the race called it that.

My Rampage is street legal... full tube chassis but
I can only run 10.0.. it might be a touch quicker
than 10.0 but I'll slow it up to be legal

Quote:

Quote:

anything can be made street legal, what does my car have to do with anything. I wouldn't race in that if it were. my point is throwing a lot of rules at something usually kills the event.if they are going to make a top 10 list run what you brung and quit crying

Sorry I live in Pa and actually have state inspections to pass, so you can't make anything street legal.

Quote:

That is a pic of a mock-up assembly. I have done several of them over the last year or so. The rubber lines are for ease of popping the bowls off the carbs when I dyno'd the thing. I didn't want mess up the fittings with multiple dis-assemblies.

Actually, there have been quite a few changes since that pic was taken. The car is at the body shop now for the final few tweaks. I should get it back next week. It is almost done ........ finally.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 04:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry I live in Pa and actually have state inspections to pass, so you can't make anything street legal.

well you can here sport and just about any other state.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 04:31 AM

Florida Street Outlaws Race

Car and Driver Rules

All races are 1/8 th mile with the start on a .400 Pro Tree.

Open to any Domestic or Import vehicle. (Air Conditioning Optional).

No Clocks.

No Prep.

Any Tire.

Any Engine.

Any Power Adders.

Valid Fl License & Tag.

Working Head, Tail and Brake Lights.

No Round Tube Chassis Cars, Back Half Allowed.

(Put It In The Beams...And Shut Up)

Jumping the Start or Crossing the Center Line Automatic Loss of Race.

Required Safety Equipment: Helmet, Fire Jacket, Seat belt, Long Pants and Shoes.

1st is a Shakedown Pass, 2nd & 3rd are Qualifying Passes. (Must be 1 from each lane)

Have Fun & Be Safe.

Gotta Have Rules Tony.....looks like it going to be a pretty good turnout.....hope it does well.

Rickster

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 04:35 AM

Quote:

Florida Street Outlaws Race

Car and Driver Rules

All races are 1/8 th mile with the start on a .400 Pro Tree.

Open to any Domestic or Import vehicle. (Air Conditioning Optional).

No Clocks.

No Prep.

Any Tire.

Any Engine.

Any Power Adders.

Valid Fl License & Tag.

Working Head, Tail and Brake Lights.

No Round Tube Chassis Cars, Back Half Allowed.

(Put It In The Beams...And Shut Up)

Jumping the Start or Crossing the Center Line Automatic Loss of Race.

​Required Safety Equipment: Helmet, Fire Jacket, Seat belt, Long Pants and Shoes.

1st is a Shakedown Pass, 2nd & 3rd are Qualifying Passes. (Must be 1 from each lane)

Have Fun & Be Safe.

Gotta Have Rules Tony.....looks like it going to be a pretty good turnout.....hope it does well.

Rickster

i disagree, if you have rules you don't have a true top 10 list. i do hope it goes well though. you can have that no prep crap, i can't afford to crash a car. the person with the most money/electronics will win street car or not.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 04:35 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well sport, here in pa,nj,ny,ct,mass,vt,nah you need it. 17 states in all.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 04:37 AM

My car is licensed, tagged, insured, and 8.50 certified. Not super lite or real heavy. All throttle, no power adders.
I can't see why the chassis is more of an issue than power adders? Also if this is to be similar to the Outlaw show, why not allow slicks?

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 04:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well sport, here in pa,nj,ny,ct,mass,vt,nah you need it.

sorry to hear you live in commy America and you are not old enough to call me sport, Sport

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 04:44 AM

Well sport that explains the problem here, you just want all the rules changed for you. You might want to look at your beloved nhra it's had the same stance as you and now the street outlaws just murder them in ratings. So I guess these rules are making sense to the rest of us. Sport

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 04:49 AM

Quote:

Well sport that explains the problem here, you just want all the rules changed for you. You might want to look at your beloved nhra it's had the same stance as you and now the street outlaws just murder them in ratings. So I guess these rules are making sense to the rest of us. Sport

that makes absolutely no sense. street outlaws are blowing away the league with rules . and you need to take a course of reading comp, i said i didn't want to race in that either way. now go back doing what you do

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 04:54 AM

Quote:

My car is licensed, tagged, insured, and 8.50 certified. Not super lite or real heavy. All throttle, no power adders.
I can't see why the chassis is more of an issue than power adders? Also if this is to be similar to the Outlaw show, why not allow slicks?

Rules say any tire.....so yes slicks are good.

Not many tube chassis cars driving down the road......personally I believe less might be better for this type of race.....will have to see how it turns out.

Rickster

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 04:55 AM

Quote:

Quote:

that makes absolutely no sense. street outlaws are blowing away the league with rules . and you need to take a course of reading comp, i said i didn't want to race in that either way. now go back doing what you do

Let me dumb it down for you, street outlaw ratings up, nhra ratings down.

So the street type racing is what draws the crowds not letting tube chassis race cars in.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 05:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So the street type racing is what draws the crowds not letting tube chassis race cars in.

omg some please tell him most of the street outlaws are tube chassis race cars

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 05:08 AM

here is your street type car, I bet it would be legal where you live

https://www.facebook.com/187Nova

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 05:14 AM

so please dumb it down a little more for me so i can get a good laugh before i go to bed

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 05:35 AM

Oh please do tell how many of the street outlaw cars are tube chassis cars? Not old school back half cars. I am waiting.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 05:40 AM

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=62....&source=42

Looks like it has a stock frame rail to me. Haha

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 05:46 AM

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=39....&source=42

Street beast, looks like stock frame rail to me haha!

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 05:48 AM

Quote:

Sure cant call those stock

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 05:50 AM

How many more should I post? Still waiting for all these tube chassis street outlaw cars. Farmtruck stock, Derrick third gen stock, Farley gold mustang stock, androdity(?) silver cutty stock frame rail. So far that's 6 on the list. Haha hope you had your good laugh I know I did. Lol

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 05:56 AM

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=14...3&source=43

Monza's car stock frame rail! Next! Haha going to bed had enough good laughs for the night.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 05:57 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Why?
Where they not built off the stock frame rail?

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 05:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Can you find one? Haha

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 06:00 AM

Quote:

so please dumb it down a little more for me so i can get a good laugh before i go to bed

I used pics for ya instead of words so you don't have to read you can just look! lol Sport
Posted By: Eric

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 06:01 AM

Ok ladies...if we can't have a discussion about a stupid reality TV show without name calling I will personally lock every thread related to it.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 06:07 AM

Why?

I could build a 2X3 box tube that would look closer
to stock than that... the upper arm mount doesnt look
stock either

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 06:19 AM

Quote:

Why?

I could build a 2X3 box tube that would look closer
to stock than that... the upper arm mount doesnt look
stock either

Murder nova looks furthest from stock for sure, but it still started life as a stock nova frame rail. Now he has relocated the suspension mounting points and boxed the frame and many more things. Look at any of the stock suspension classes and you will see the same thing, lots of mods.

And you are allowed to race your rampage in our no prep race here, just needs tags and reg. and inspection if your state has it. And I am sure a drag week car wouldn't have a problem with 30mi cruise. 29/10.5 inch slick or 30 inch radial only tire rules. Should be a few heavy hitters coming from ny.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 06:30 AM

Murder nova looks furthest from stock for sure, but it still started life as a stock nova frame rail. Now he has relocated the suspension mounting points and boxed the frame and many more things. Look at any of the stock suspension classes and you will see the same thing, lots of mods.

And you are allowed to race your rampage in our no prep race here, just needs tags and reg. and inspection if your state has it. And I am sure a drag week car wouldn't have a problem with 30mi cruise. 29/10.5 inch slick or 30 inch radial only tire rules. Should be a few heavy hitters coming from ny.

I'm sure my Rampage would be legal to race that stuff...
but being limited to 10.0 I dont think it would fend
well... also I run a 12" tire(295/55) so that might
be a issue in some places but not on DW... my car
only fits 2 classes on DW... Unlimited or DD

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 12:55 PM

Mike you can't argue with know it all kids

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 01:28 PM

just for fun here is the #1 sonoma you have to go to the bottom of the page to see the stock chassis

https://www.facebook.com/1quicktruck

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 01:29 PM

Quote:

Ok ladies...if we can't have a discussion about a stupid reality TV show without name calling I will personally lock every thread related to it.

easy there killer, no name calling going on here Sport

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 01:31 PM

Quote:

Monza's car stock frame rail! Next! Haha going to bed had enough good laughs for the night.

not even close

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 02:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

not even close

I think you need to clean your bi focals, its stock frame rail from under the car to in front of a arm. Its stock frame rail car not tube chassis cant be seen any other way.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 02:49 PM

So lets look at you stated "omg most of the street outlaws cars are tube chassis", and you have posted one that is tube chassis. I have posted several that are stock frame rail cars. I guess you were wrong and cant admit it. I guess your aren't enough of a man to admit defeat.

And now to take this full circle you post #1 on the list with the tube chassis and then claim it to not be a advantage. Well I seem to remember the light weight tube chassis truck hooking up and defeating the heavier non tube chassis cars because they had traction problems. But I guess this doesn't make a difference to you, so you can go on live in your little dream world.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 02:52 PM

To help you out 7 of the 10 cars are stock frame rail. Last time I checked 3 out of ten was not most.
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 03:14 PM

Quote:

Alot of these type of races are not sactioned, so you could let it all hang out! Notice the rules for the florida race require a helmet, a fire jacket, long pants and shoes. I'd bet all of the cars racing would require alot more than that to race an NHRA event

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 03:46 PM

Quote:

Yes you would be allowed to run that tire as it is on 28" tall. I don't think they would bother you about license until you start going really fast. But there are low 5.s and at least one 4.70 car showing up. But it is a no prep so they still have to get down the track. Also the track is getting scrapped before the day starts.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 04:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Alot of these type of races are not sactioned, so you could let it all hang out! Notice the rules for the florida race require a helmet, a fire jacket, long pants and shoes. I'd bet all of the cars racing would require alot more than that to race an NHRA event

Lakeland is IHRA sanctioned....I would hope they would require the correct safety gear related to each performance level....?????

Rickster

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 04:58 PM

Lakeland is IHRA sanctioned....I would hope they would require the correct safety gear related to each performance level....?????

Rickster

So would I... I would hate to be next to some junker
that could take me out(meaning crash).... JMO
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 05:24 PM

The #1 car in the country is right here in Chicago.

We don't need no steenking list.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 06:34 PM

Quote:

I have to agree, I bet there is a rematch in the works.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 06:36 PM

Monte how many of the street outlaws have a stock chassis? only one remotely close would be farm truck I am guessing.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 07:00 PM

Quote:

Monte how many of the street outlaws have a stock chassis? only one remotely close would be farm truck I am guessing.

Grasping for a olive branch! lol

Isn't the question what cars on the street outlaws list are tube chassis cars?

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 07:06 PM

Quote:

Was told that tuff won't street race. Heard it was only for the cameras. Hard to say you have fastest street raced car when it won't race on the street.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 07:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Was told that tuff won't street race. Heard it was only for the cameras. Hard to say you have fastest street raced car when it won't race on the street.

Sounds like a smart man to me.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 07:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That is fine with me, I don't race on the street any more. Too much to lose. But I don't go around saying I have the fastest street car either while I don't race on the street. That's all I am saying.
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 07:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That is fine with me, I don't race on the street any more. Too much to lose. But I don't go around saying I have the fastest street car either while I don't race on the street. That's all I am saying.

Dave posted on YB that Tuff agreed to come to OKC for a rematch. Not sure when or if that will actually go down.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 08:03 PM

LOL! Did the race happen on a public street?

Yes it did.

Do the OKC boys say "street" cars or "street RACED" cars?

That question was beaten to death last season.

OKC says "We'll race anyone on the street" do they not?

Race happened, Tuff won. End of discussion.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 11:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

you can't be serious, I have showed you 2 complete chassis cars and pretty sure the Pontiac that chief drives is a full chassis car. you really think a stock chassis car can handle 2000-3000 horse power

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 11:24 PM

Quote:

LOL! Did the race happen on a public street?

Yes it did.

Do the OKC boys say "street" cars or "street RACED" cars?

That question was beaten to death last season.

OKC says "We'll race anyone on the street" do they not?

Race happened, Tuff won. End of discussion.

and daddy Dave admitted that.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 11:38 PM

Tina's S-10 appeared to be a tube chassis, and had never been raced on the street until she hustled Farmtruck.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/03/14 11:48 PM

Quote:

Tina's S-10 appeared to be a tube chassis, and had never been raced on the street until she hustled Farmtruck.

yes it is a tube chassis truck also. I remember them saying all the cars have full certs.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 12:54 AM

what year was it chevy put a strut front end and a 4 link rear suspension, a full funny car cage in Monte Carlo's?

https://www.facebook.com/70streetbeast
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 01:15 AM

Quote:

what year was it chevy put a strut front end and a 4 link rear suspension, a full funny car cage in Monte Carlo's?

Tony that came in the RS package. Also included were oversized rear tires, upgraded electronics, and posi traction.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 01:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Tony that came in the RS package. Also included were oversized rear tires, upgraded electronics, and posi traction.

sheesh I stand corrected. now out to find what year the poncho came out with a full tube race chasis

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 01:46 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

you can't be serious, I have showed you 2 complete chassis cars and pretty sure the Pontiac that chief drives is a full chassis car. you really think a stock chassis car can handle 2000-3000 horse power

What do you think a tube chassis car is? Really do we have to have lessons here. If the car has a stock front frame rail it is not a tube chassis car period. I don't care what front suspension it has. The nova and the Monte Carlo and the camaro all have factory frame rails in them. They are back half cars. The only tube chassis car you have shown is the daddy Dave's truck. So where are all these tube chassis cars you speak of. I guess since I but a tube k frame on my dart it's a tube chassis car now. Really?

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 01:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

yes it is a tube chassis truck also. I remember them saying all the cars have full certs.

Tina's truck is wrecked can't be on list if it's not drivable unable to answer the call for a spot challenge. So you can't count here truck any more.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 01:50 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I thought you were schooled over on fast mopar do I need lessons from your post over there here. Lol

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 01:52 AM

Please show me some pics of all these tube chassis cars you speak of! I am waiting. I provided all sorts of pics for you.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 01:53 AM

Stock front frame rail. One

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 01:54 AM

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=39....&source=42

Stock front frame rail. Two

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 01:56 AM

Stock front frame rail. Three

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 02:01 AM

https://www.facebook.com/AndradeRacing40...e=3&theater

Stock front frame. Four

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 02:03 AM

just as I thought a Pontiac fresh from the factory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4cxve1Rlew

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 02:03 AM

https://www.facebook.com/390093121110026...e=3&theater

Stock front frame rails. Five

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 02:06 AM

heck yea those all look like factory street cars to me what kind of chassis work does it take to cert a car to 6.0?

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 02:11 AM

https://www.facebook.com/DEATHTRAPSTREET...e=3&theater

Stock front frame rails. Six

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 02:14 AM

Quote:

heck yea those all look like factory street cars to me what kind of chassis work does it take to cert a car to 6.0?

You stated this were all tube chassis cars, where are the tube frames, I don't see them.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 02:16 AM

Here is your quote in case you forgot. I am waiting to see all these tube chassis cars.
Posted By: RonTheAnnouncer

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 02:16 AM

I'm gonna start a top 10 list for the trailer park I live in. I'm gonna put myself number one, because even though my daily driver Cobalt is dead stock and runs 16.70s, it'll still outrun the clapped out 20 year old minivans, SUV's, and rusted out early 90s iron that leave oil spots in driveways. If I do come up against someone faster, I'll get my wife's 91 Volvo out. It's even slower, but when the flashlight flashes I'll turn into the other guy's vehicle, claiming "I just can't hook up on this sorry %^&*%%$ road". Actually, it wouldn't spin the tires on oiled marbles, but the meth heads out here don't know that. Yep, I should be getting my own street outlaws show soon...

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 02:19 AM

b:

sheesh I stand corrected. now out to find what year the poncho came out with a full tube race chasis

Chiefs car isn't on the list. Name one car he race on the list?

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 04:10 AM

Didn't take this thread long to end up in the $hitter
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 04:24 AM

Stock front rails but tube EVERYTHING else doesnt mean jack.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 04:47 AM

Quote:

Except in x275, ultra street, outlaw drag radial, and outlaw 10.5. You are right about all the other classes.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 09:28 AM

Quote:

b:

Chiefs car isn't on the list. Name one car he race on the list?

well i know he raced Chuck at some kind of race.and this doesn't include the first season which i am not sure of.you can bet he is part of and will be on the list very soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8U2iO7xrRU

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 09:29 AM

Quote:

Didn't take this thread long to end up in the $hitter

that is a matter of opinion, seems pretty entertaining to me.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 09:31 AM

Quote:

you would be correct, like i said, MOST of the street outlaws are certified race cars.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 04:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

you would be correct, like i said, MOST of the street outlaws are certified race cars.

My 67 Dart is a certified race car by nhra, has sticker on cage and everything. It is stock frame rails, stock floor boards and stock suspension. So what does certified race car have to do with anything? And you said tube chassis!! Man your memory needs help.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 04:44 PM

One of our local tracks has a top 10 list they started late last year. It's run on a prepped surface, but the rules say it has to be a street legal car, stock suspension, and a DOT tire w/ a 28.5x10.5 max size. They run it more like a "true street" race though...all the cars go on a street cruise before the race.

Mooresville had a top 10 street outlaws of North Carolina race last year, but it was open to pretty much any door car and was on a prepped surface if I'm not mistaken. It was just one event though.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 04:50 PM

Ok, I have to ask this, and I am not in position to race the top 10.
But...... If this is about the top 10 street cars, and there is a 30 mile drive etc. to prove it, then why make rules about tire size, and frame type?
It sounds to me like the rules are being made to favor cars that fit these guidelines and not necessarily what cars would be the fastest of the top 10.

Mark
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 04:59 PM

Quote:

But...... If this is about the top 10 street cars, and there is a 30 mile drive etc. to prove it, then why make rules about tire size, and frame type?
It sounds to me like the rules are being made to favor cars that fit these guidelines and not necessarily what cars would be the fastest of the top 10.

Mark

I agree. If it is legal by the law and makes the 30 mile (or however long it is) drive then it should be good to run.

Some, not all, rules are designed to keep the cars more street appearing. That will open a can of worms though b/c everyone's view of a street car is different.
Around here a lot of the 28" tire rules for street car races are to keep fox body mustangs w/ big tires out. It takes a decent amount of work to get a 29.5 under a fox body...and typically, a fox w/ that much tire under it will be a class killer.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 05:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Mark

I agree. If it is legal by the law and makes the 30 mile (or however long it is) drive then it should be good to run.

Some, not all, rules are designed to keep the cars more street appearing. That will open a can of worms though b/c everyone's view of a street car is different.
Around here a lot of the 28" tire rules for street car races are to keep fox body mustangs w/ big tires out. It takes a decent amount of work to get a 29.5 under a fox body...and typically, a fox w/ that much tire under it will be a class killer.

The race this weekend in Lakeland has no drive.....square tube chassis OK Round Tube is OUT....a certain little Purple Guy we all know was pitching a fit about the no-drive, but looks to be showing up anyway.....should be an interesting event....anyway we will see come Monday

Rickster

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 05:23 PM

Some one here said that a tube chassis wouldnt pass
their state rules... I dont know why... in the few
states that I had to have state inspections done they
never once looked at the chassis... my tube chassis
Rampage is street legal here and is insured and licensed
here in Mich... JMO but if its legal and can do the drive
(if they have it) then any chassis and suspension should
be allowed .... again ...JMO

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 05:28 PM

Quote:

Mike I'm sure a tube chassis car could get registered here in FL as well....I guess their just trying to keep these type of cars out of this program for whatever reason...???? It's their Rules....this race is getting a lot of attention....hopefully it flies and continues....we will have to see...????

Rickster

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 05:57 PM

Quote:

I don't know I didn't make the rules, in class racing it's to keep the times down to reasonable levels. Like outlaw 10.5 has times in the bottom 4.s and then you have ultra street 275 and have times in the bottom 5.s

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 06:11 PM

Quote:

That is all I stated never said tube chassis won't pass. But most tube chassis race car I know lack the propper lighting and wipers and exhaust to pass a pa inspection.

There are three races being talked about here. Florida, Maryland, and mid west some where. The one I am in just has a tire rule with 29/10.5 slick or 30 inch radial. Tube chassis allowed with registration, insurance, tags and a inspection sticker. Must be able to complete a 30mile cruise and go straight to lanes for first round.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 06:20 PM

That is all I stated never said tube chassis won't pass. But most tube chassis race car I know lack the propper lighting and wipers and exhaust to pass a pa inspection.

There are three races being talked about here. Florida, Maryland, and mid west some where. The one I am in just has a tire rule with 29/10.5 slick or 30 inch radial. Tube chassis allowed with registration, insurance, tags and a inspection sticker. Must be able to complete a 30mile cruise and go straight to lanes for first round.

My junker has all those things needed to be legal,
lights(all of them), wipers, muffs, tags and insurance..
we dont have the inspection sticker anymore... but
this was eyeballed by the state troopers for safety

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 06:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

My 67 Dart is a certified race car by nhra, has sticker on cage and everything. It is stock frame rails, stock floor boards and stock suspension. So what does certified race car have to do with anything? And you said tube chassis!! Man your memory needs help.

no you just beat around the bush, i think everyone can tell the difference between a tube chassis car and stock suspension. the top3 cars are tube chassis race cars no matter what you try to make them out to be. i am sure some of the other top 10 cars will be also

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 06:31 PM

There are exceptions and we all build our cars however we want.
My car has a tube chassis, but all working lights, speedo, wipers, license, insurance, side exhaust.
It seems in the interest of safety, better traction would be a good thing?

Mark

Attached picture 8026298-MyPictures2013throughJuly031-Copy.JPG

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 07:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

no you just beat around the bush, i think everyone can tell the difference between a tube chassis car and stock suspension. the top3 cars are tube chassis race cars no matter what you try to make them out to be. i am sure some of the other top 10 cars will be also

But it seems you can't tell the difference. Dude I posted 6 that aren't.
How can it be a tube chassis car with a stock front frame rail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It can't be both tube chassis and stock front frame rail it's impossible!!!!!! I give up can't fix stupid!!

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 07:30 PM

Quote:

There are exceptions and we all build our cars however we want.
My car has a tube chassis, but all working lights, speedo, wipers, license, insurance, side exhaust.
It seems in the interest of safety, better traction would be a good thing?

Mark [/quote

My reply was to quicktree who stated you can make any race car street legal. Which I replied I have a state inspection program and not every car could be done easily. Never stated you can't make a tube chassis street car. And according to quick tree tube chassis doesn't give you better traction. I agree a purpose built tube chassis car would be Safer a have the ability to hook up better.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 07:34 PM

We no longer have a state inspection here.

Mark
Posted By: slippery440

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 08:09 PM

I sit here reading cry baby street car only car guys whine about what legal or not. WHO CARES. If it has a plate on it and can be driven on any state road its a street car. To bad it has round tube/square tube/front shock location /4 link/ 16 inch wide tires. Go to the track and race and if you can't keep up go home cry on the internet web sites on how unfair the race was.Thats just about what you guys do. The funny part is most don't have close to what its going to take to keep up with any real top 10 cars.Remember your not racing just other Mopars you are racing some of the badest cars out there and most are chevy and ford.
Man I am glad I am just a lowly bracket car racer.Too many whiny small tire / stock this or that / real street car so called racers that want a class just their car fits into.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 08:40 PM

Quote:

We no longer have a state inspection here.

Mark

Yes you are one of the lucky ones, me I am one of the 17 states that do.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 10:13 PM

Quote:

I sit here reading cry baby street car only car guys whine about what legal or not. WHO CARES. If it has a plate on it and can be driven on any state road its a street car. To bad it has round tube/square tube/front shock location /4 link/ 16 inch wide tires. Go to the track and race and if you can't keep up go home cry on the internet web sites on how unfair the race was.Thats just about what you guys do. The funny part is most don't have close to what its going to take to keep up with any real top 10 cars.Remember your not racing just other Mopars you are racing some of the badest cars out there and most are chevy and ford.
Man I am glad I am just a lowly bracket car racer.Too many whiny small tire / stock this or that / real street car so called racers that want a class just their car fits into.

Don't cry and whine about it bolt on some 29/10.5 slicks and come get some!! Just has to be street legal. 300 to enter winner gets 75% and runner up gets 25%. Come show us small tire cars how bad you are.
Posted By: BBR

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 10:41 PM

Amarillo Dragway, my local track, is doing 2 lists.

1 for race cars 1/8th mile, instant green.

1 is for street cars, 1/4 mi, instant green, DOT drag radials or ET Streets only, no slicks, must be licensed & inspected.

Tech will have the final say on what class you can run.

My guess is the street class to be full of cars like mine and the ET range will be high 9's to low 11's. Should be a fun deal. I'm really looking forward to it.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 11:13 PM

My slicks are ready 10.5 (acually 2 years ago I ran a 9.5 inch Toyo tire). I am the first to admit that I have nothing for you guys with deep pockets. So whats your point? My 10,000 dollar bracket car against your small tire 50,000 dollar car with all the goodies? Yea right. I will throw it back at you. Put a dial in on your car .We will bracket race best 2 out of three . I bet you can't make three times down the track and not even close to the same number.
You see in my world we don't care if you have 8 inch tire or a 16 inch tire. You man up and race and if you loose you make no excuse and defently not "oh I raced on a small tire and the other guy had steam rollers".This small tire / what is a street car junk is getting old. Like I said earlier. If you have a plate on it and the cops can't give you a ticket its a street car. Don't you have to go report back to the other mopar web site?

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/04/14 11:45 PM

Quote:

holy crap I can't believe with you
Posted By: larry890

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/05/14 12:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Yep, I-57.

if they ever get any grudge events at i57 "PLEASE POST" we have a few cars around that are looking for new meat. lol thats isnt to far of a drive for us.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/05/14 01:41 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yep, I-57.

if they ever get any grudge events at i57 "PLEASE POST" we have a few cars around that are looking for new meat. lol thats isnt to far of a drive for us.

I-57 runs test and tune on Friday nights. Sometimes, some of the St. Louis guys come down and tune some cool stuff. The track doesn't have any sanctioning affiliation, so the tech is rather "flexible".

Call Scott at the track and ask about some shoot-out stuff. He is usually open to that kind of thing.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/05/14 02:01 AM

Quote:

My slicks are ready 10.5 (acually 2 years ago I ran a 9.5 inch Toyo tire). I am the first to admit that I have nothing for you guys with deep pockets. So whats your point? My 10,000 dollar bracket car against your small tire 50,000 dollar car with all the goodies? Yea right. I will throw it back at you. Put a dial in on your car .We will bracket race best 2 out of three . I bet you can't make three times down the track and not even close to the same number.
You see in my world we don't care if you have 8 inch tire or a 16 inch tire. You man up and race and if you loose you make no excuse and defently not "oh I raced on a small tire and the other guy had steam rollers".This small tire / what is a street car junk is getting old. Like I said earlier. If you have a plate on it and the cops can't give you a ticket its a street car. Don't you have to go report back to the other mopar web site?

Sure thing bring it on down, I race 10.0 index and runnered up at one event and won a event last year so I see no problem with that. How you do last year?

Our rules are if it has a plate and can make the cruise come get some.... But I guess you will just complain on here about small tire guys. Cecil is only a 2 hr drive from ny border on 95 we can have a grudge race my 275/60/15 drag radial to what ever you show up on. With your steamrollers and big block surely you can beat my pump gas (92 octane) small block. So we are in your world and it's time to man up and race!

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/05/14 06:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Sure thing bring it on down, I race 10.0 index and runnered up at one event and won a event last year so I see no problem with that. How you do last year?

Our rules are if it has a plate and can make the cruise come get some.... But I guess you will just complain on here about small tire guys. Cecil is only a 2 hr drive from ny border on 95 we can have a grudge race my 275/60/15 drag radial to what ever you show up on. With your steamrollers and big block surely you can beat my pump gas (92 octane) small block. So we are in your world and it's time to man up and race!

Where did you see me say anything about index racing or grudge race? Again if you did not understand this. The car is a bracket car that runs in the mid 6s 1/8th mile. Again I do not care about your pump gas small block block 275/60 /15 excuses. You need to put that in your sig. and that way everytime someone calls you out they already know all the excuses up front that you won't run your car.
Good for you you won a few races. I found by being a bracket racer that you are only as good as you are the day you are racing. Week ago your a winner today you get to load up.
Again my steamrollers? They measure 11 inches wide?
This is what I said. Put a dial in on your car and we race best 2 out of 3. I said that I would dought that your car would repeat the number. I have my dought that your car could make 3 pass's in a row in the time frame we do in a bracket race.
I did not come here to have you puff your chest out and challenge me to race. Like I said I have nothing for you heads up or index .
You are makeing my point that most and I did say most not all small tire / real street car like to hide behind their so called rules that they make up to fit just their cars. I read on other web sites where you guys fight amoung yourselfs about what tire is legal/ weight of the cars/ front shock location / round tube/square tube/ stock suspension / 4 link / ladder bars . I could keep going.
This post started out as who has a top 10 list started. You jumped on and wanted to add your opinion on whats a street car.We get it you want only the hand full of purest cars to be deamed street car. Gess what there are a bunch of car that roll with steamrollers tires and tub out guted cage cars with 600 cubes that have plates. All I can say to you is welcome to the top 50 car list. You have nothing for them.
Lets get together this summer and see if we can meet somewhere in between and get a bracket style race together.It will be fun for me to have you looking at the azz of my car going away from you while you sit waiting for your lites to come down. Then you blowing by me at the strip. Just remember in bracket race you win in the first 60 feet or the last 60 feet. I think your car is one of the best small tire MOPAR cars out there. Plus you acually race.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/05/14 06:45 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

that my friends is why I applaud the street outlaws, no rules bring it and hope you have enough. any other top 10 list is a fraud.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/05/14 08:37 PM

What rules or excuses did I make? I said bring your car how it's sits and we can grudge race. I just stated how I run, no excuse just wanted to let you know what was going to driving away from you.

To let you in on a secret 10.0 index is bracket racing,just we all dial the same time. It's one of the tightest class at my track. The bump is usually 10.07, so all 16 cars that qualify are there to 10.0. So I think I have been a few rounds at the same number. I have no problem bracket racing you go to numbia and I'll show up. To let you know I slow it down on motor to race 10.0 so we can go round robbin if your race car can go that way. No turning off car to cool let them run the whole time. Mine is a street car and run fine in rush hour traffic.

Re: Anybody else starting a local Top 10 list? - 02/05/14 09:31 PM

Quote:

What rules or excuses did I make? I said bring your car how it's sits and we can grudge race. I just stated how I run, no excuse just wanted to let you know what was going to driving away from you.

To let you in on a secret 10.0 index is bracket racing,just we all dial the same time. It's one of the tightest class at my track. The bump is usually 10.07, so all 16 cars that qualify are there to 10.0. So I think I have been a few rounds at the same number. I have no problem bracket racing you go to numbia and I'll show up. To let you know I slow it down on motor to race 10.0 so we can go round robbin if your race car can go that way. No turning off car to cool let them run the whole time. Mine is a street car and run fine in rush hour traffic.

I will get ahold of you and we can set up a race. Mine runs on E85 so I may have to let it warm up some.
© 2024 Moparts Forums