Moparts

W5 headers

Posted By: steve660

W5 headers - 01/26/14 01:40 AM

Does anyone make a 1 7/8 - 2" step header with a 3 1/2 collector for a small block with W5 heads?? Going in a 72 E body. I've checked TTI and Hooker. 1 7/8 with 3" collector is the closest I can find.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: W5 headers - 01/26/14 02:07 AM

Those were the only two choices I found "back in the day". I still have our W5 A body headers hanging on the wall. They sure fit nice when we ran that combo.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: W5 headers - 01/26/14 02:09 AM

Quote:

Does anyone make a 1 7/8 - 2" step header with a 3 1/2 collector for a small block with W5 heads?? Going in a 72 E body. I've checked TTI and Hooker. 1 7/8 with 3" collector is the closest I can find.

You could cut off the 3" collectors and weld on the
3.5" and make them the right length.. factory headers
arent even close(way short)
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: W5 headers - 01/26/14 02:28 AM

Quote:

I think this is what you are looking for...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hed-75131/overview/

This is from Hedman Hustler tech support:

You can go deep, but not wide...part # 75131 stepped [1 7/8 x 2 x 3 1/2] is what you're looking for. It does come with adapter plates, which will need to be port matched...these are in chassis hedders with one tube out the fenderwell and re-joins underneath at the collector. Automatic tranny only! Call me @ 770-664-8880 if ya need to talk! Mike

When he says you can go deep not wide he is talking about the oil pan. These are for W-2 heads. I don't remember either they are the same are you get a different set of adapter plates. I have seen Hedman Headers ( I don't know if this is the model) on a Duster with W-5 heads and they fit very well.

Good Luck!
Bill Lamb

Re: W5 headers - 01/26/14 03:05 AM

I have the hedman Hustlers on our 360. Had to have two of the tubes on the passenger side modified as they hit both the stock pan, and the Milodon Low Pro small block pan. We used a 1/4 inch spacer at the head for years, but it was an ugly pita set up.
Posted By: MattW

Re: W5 headers - 01/26/14 03:17 AM

Doesn't the new Victor small block head have W5 exhaust ports?

Re: W5 headers - 01/26/14 03:25 AM

Quote:

Yes.... the Oompa Loompas are hammering on them right now from blocks of unobtanium. Hear Santa is going to use his sleigh to deliver them...
Posted By: MattW

Re: W5 headers - 01/26/14 04:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Yes.... the Oompa Loompas are hammering on them right now from blocks of unobtanium. Hear Santa is going to use his sleigh to deliver them...

LOL

Somebody will come out with something.
TTI only need to change the flanges on their W2 to make them work. I think the spread is still the same.
Matt
© 2024 Moparts Forums