Moparts

Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway

Posted By: sixpackjeff

Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/21/14 05:56 PM

As some of you know, I started a Mopar event at National Trail in Columbus in 1993. Actually the first one was in 1981 but it didn't become a big deal until '93. By 2005 it had grown to 1000 cars, 500 vendors, 500 race cars and 10,000 spectators. That year I was approached with an offer to sell, which in hindsight was a huge mistake. Lately, however, I've been in contact with NTR and they would like me to return to the facility with another Mopar event. So, I give you the 2014 Chrysler Power Classic Homecoming, May 16-18!

Attached picture 8006213-cpclogoxsm.jpg
Posted By: moparguy7074

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/21/14 06:45 PM

Posted By: parksr5

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/21/14 06:54 PM

Thank you! I've never stopped calling the Spring Mopar event at Trails the Chrysler Classic; can't stand the name "Mopower".
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/21/14 07:07 PM

Quote:

As some of you know, I started a Mopar event at National Trail in Columbus in 1993. Actually the first one was in 1981 but it didn't become a big deal until '93. By 2005 it had grown to 1000 cars, 500 vendors, 500 race cars and 10,000 spectators. That year I was approached with an offer to sell, which in hindsight was a huge mistake. Lately, however, I've been in contact with NTR and they would like me to return to the facility with another Mopar event. So, I give you the 2014 Chrysler Power Classic Homecoming, May 16-18!

Jeff, any thoughts on having NSS rather than Max wedge?

Casey

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/21/14 07:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Casey

Hi Casey!
Yes. We're going to run NSS, including the appropriate 1966-69 models. It will be Mopar only though. No 409s, T-bolts, etc.

Attached picture 8006337-18-12sm.JPG
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/21/14 08:23 PM

Calendar has been marked.
Posted By: RonTheAnnouncer

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/21/14 09:28 PM

NHRA divisional that weekend at Norwalk as well.

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/21/14 09:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Casey

Hi Casey!
Yes. We're going to run NSS, including the appropriate 1966-69 models. It will be Mopar only though. No 409s, T-bolts, etc.

Great news, Thank you!

Casey
Posted By: jake4cars

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/21/14 10:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Casey

Hi Casey!

Great news, Thank you!

Casey

Jeff,

Why not open NSS up to all makes, it would increase car count and I think the fans would love it!

Joey
Posted By: old yeller

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/21/14 11:33 PM

Jeff let me guess......No heads up race? Well you can't blame a guy for asking....
Posted By: dbran451

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/22/14 12:17 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Casey

Hi Casey!

Great news, Thank you!

Casey

Jeff,

Why not open NSS up to all makes, it would increase car count and I think the fans would love it!

Joey

Didn't he have this class when he ran his old Chrysler classic and then canceled it just as it was about to take off
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/22/14 02:28 AM

Quote:

Jeff let me guess......No heads up race? Well you can't blame a guy for asking....

He had a 10.5 class at his events a couple of years ago. Don't count it out yet.

Dennis
Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/22/14 03:01 AM

I will be there with my Cuda and my fiberglass , just like the good ole days.
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/22/14 04:01 AM

The last time I was at NTR was at Jeff's event in 2003. I met Doc F that weekend, along with CRT, Firefish, ToyPar, GoldDuster. Those were the days.

Dennis

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/22/14 03:58 PM

Quote:

Jeff,

Joey

I agree whole heartedly. Unfortunately we tried that at our events at Marion County and Tri-State. I procurred a dozen or so names of Brand X NSS racers in the Midwest area and invited them. Not only did they not show, a couple of them emailed me and asked to be taken off our mailing list. Go figure. If a group of them are interested, they would be more than welcome. I just need them to let me know.

Attached picture 8007238-CPC2014.jpg
Posted By: 3ddart

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/22/14 08:28 PM

Great to hear, was always my favorite event as all parts of the show were good. I looked forward to the swap meet as race parts were usually plentiful as racers had updated over the winter! Dave
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/22/14 11:30 PM

Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/23/14 03:39 AM

Nice to see you back Jeff, hope the event goes like it never stopped. Those were truely some nice big shows well worth attending. See you this weekend at the swap meet.
Posted By: jake4cars

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/23/14 04:23 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Jeff,

Joey

I agree whole heartedly. Unfortunately we tried that at our events at Marion County and Tri-State. I procurred a dozen or so names of Brand X NSS racers in the Midwest area and invited them. Not only did they not show, a couple of them emailed me and asked to be taken off our mailing list. Go figure. If a group of them are interested, they would be more than welcome. I just need them to let me know.

That's weird! it has been a long time since I have been around any of those groups so I don't know who the players are with out a program anymore but I think if Jim Wittenburg were still around he would rustle up the troops.
Have you contacted any of the Texas Outsiders? I live in SoCal now so I won't be there but I always loved the May event in Columbus.

Joey

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/23/14 05:19 PM

Quote:

Hey Bird, I've still got your bottle of Jack, unopened! Come get it! Seriously if you guys want to throw something together let me know!

Attached picture 8008705-KOS1.JPG
Posted By: julian2007

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/23/14 05:43 PM

we will be there with a new 246 inch 2014 Dean Mcilvain b1 mc 588 powered dragster

pic of the old car

Attached picture 8008729-SKINNY.jpg
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/23/14 09:36 PM

Quote:

Awesome. When you bowed out the May show was every bit as good as the Nats, but most of the prices were lower because there wasn't a "Nats premium" on swap parts.
Maybe some of the cruising will come back after the events, too...
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/23/14 11:09 PM

WILL THIS include a car show?

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/24/14 03:33 AM

Quote:

WILL THIS include a car show?

It says on his site that there is a car show also.
Posted By: 69dart

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/24/14 03:41 AM

Can't wait!
Posted By: Racebuddy

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/24/14 01:16 PM

I raced with Jeff...
One season and done with Charlie
Posted By: nss guy

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/24/14 04:58 PM

looking forward to May's race, hopefully this will be a start of a new series for the Mopar crowd.
Posted By: Max Wedge Savoy

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/24/14 07:53 PM

Quote:

NHRA divisional that weekend at Norwalk as well.

That's where I'll be. Can't get a grade point any closer than that.

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/24/14 11:38 PM

I'll be at the WPC Club Winter Swap Meet this weekend in Mt. Clemens, MI. Stop by and pick up a flyer and say hi! You can even pre-register if you'd like. I'll be right up front, like usual, next to Evans Wiring Harnesses.

Attached picture 8010324-cpc0001.jpg

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/29/14 04:46 PM

Great time in Detroit! The response to the show has been overwhelming to say the least. I was really surprised, thank you!

Attached picture 8016894-0001.jpg
Posted By: drcerie

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/29/14 11:38 PM

Jeff, It is great that you have the May Show back, Tracy and I and a couple others will be there

Dennis

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 01/31/14 05:50 PM

Jeff, is this event open to all Chrysler Powered vehicles, such as ,Chrysler powered Willys ---Chrysler powered Anglias---Chrysler Powered Maverics ---Chrysler powered Pontiac Trans Ams, etc. Maybe you should have a "GASSER", class.

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/03/14 05:29 PM

Quote:

Jeff, is this event open to all Chrysler Powered vehicles, such as ,Chrysler powered Willys ---Chrysler powered Anglias---Chrysler Powered Maverics ---Chrysler powered Pontiac Trans Ams, etc. Maybe you should have a "GASSER", class.

ANY Chrysler powered vehicle is welcome! It wouldn't be the same without James Brown or Toypar!

Attached picture 8024820-JamesBrown.JPG

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/04/14 04:06 PM

I just heard from IHRA staff photographer Bryan Epps. He will be there covering the event and offering pics for racers!

Attached picture 8026138-CortGoebel.JPG

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/04/14 05:16 PM

Do you have any other events scheduled this year Jeff?

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/06/14 03:47 PM

Quote:

Do you have any other events scheduled this year Jeff?

Stay tuned...

Attached picture 8028821-OccupyM.JPG
Posted By: drmopar

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/06/14 09:03 PM

Jeff, we need a real Mopar event in Michigan. Ohio gets all the events.
Posted By: old yeller

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/06/14 09:51 PM

Jeff....Is the Gen 111 HEMI Shootout a brkt race or a Heads up race?
Posted By: Michael

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/06/14 10:31 PM

Great news Jeff. I've been to every May Classic you've had. Sure missed them when you left. I'll try to be there but without the car. I wish you the best.
Posted By: BigFish69

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/07/14 03:13 AM

I second that, Michigan needs event
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/07/14 03:22 AM

I raced at the 2003 Mopar event at Columbus, but I didn't know it was your race. Lots of fun back then. There were some less than racer friendly events later.

Good luck, keep us posted on the details.
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/07/14 04:43 PM

Quote:

I raced with Jeff...
One season and done with Charlie

One SEASON...?? One RACE was enough for me with CB!!
Posted By: cgall

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/07/14 09:23 PM

Chapper, I knew you would check in on this thread sooner or later!

440Jim, you need to come back over here and rerun your gambler final with Don Bales, that was a classic!

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/08/14 05:00 AM

Quote:

440Jim, you need to come back over here and rerun your gambler final with Don Bales, that was a classic!

Charley,,,you know how it is. You drive by a wreck and you know you shouldn't look,,,but you do.
Posted By: Frito

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/08/14 06:04 PM

Quote:

I just spoke with Bales yesterday!!!Was this in 2005? I know he won a gamblers race and a Hemi race that year. Charlie, give me some details.

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/08/14 08:16 PM

Frito I forget the exact year, but I remember seeing Don and Bob testing at Edgewater with the '68 Cuda he had before the SS/AH car was built. It had previously been a Prostreet car with a pump gas Barton 528 Hemi, that day they had an Indy bathtub-style crossram intake on it and said they were going to run it in NSS. A few weeks later we were at C-Bus for the Classic and the Bales' were there. Back then the Hemi guys were very particular about the class rules, and we were pitted down by the tech shed and noticed that Don had drawn a crowd at the tech line. It seems that some of the purists did not like the intake, which was legal for NHRA SS but not specifically banned or accepted for NSS. I don't remember if JJ or the tech guys decided that he was legal, and we went on from there.

They used to run heads-up on Saturday in the Hemi classes, Bales car only ran 10.0 with the low compression motor, and I think OutlawSSAA had the field covered by about 1/2 a second and easily won that day. Then they called us up for the no-box gambler, back then at C-Bus they would get over 150 cars. I went out early, but Don was on a roll and made it down to the last few cars, only to find his battery was very weak when he went to the lanes. I ended up riding back to the Bales camp on the back of a Moped, then went back to the lanes riding backwards with one hand grasping a large wheeled generator and the other hand holding on for life onto the seat frame.

We got Don started well enough to make it thru the last rounds and into the final with 440Jim. Now Jim was running 9.70's and was killing the tree all day off the footbrake. They pull out for the final round and Don's car stalls after the burnout. It won't start at first but then he holds the pedal down and it slowly begins to fire. I was half wanting to run away, thinking the fuel in the intake might explode, but it came to life and they went to the starting line. 440Jim waited like a gentleman in the other lane until the Cuda came back to life. I remember Don won a close final, maybe Jim can chime in with the details about the RT's and MOV.

The next day the Hemi cars ran a dial-in eliminator, and Don won again. He was pretty pumped up about winning 2 races on the weekend after they argued about letting him run at all. If any of this is wrong I will gladly read any other details of what happened, post away.

Edit: It was the bathtub style intake, not the tunnel ram. The carbs are offset a very slight amount.

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/08/14 11:13 PM

Neat story. The Car must have been the red one. I have a pic but I can't get it to post. I'll talk to him today and get "the rest of the story". I think it was in 05.

Attached picture 8031859-IMG_2480.JPG

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/08/14 11:20 PM

Frito I think the car was purple with flames.
Posted By: RickRoss

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/09/14 02:37 AM

Me to. MICHIGAN

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/09/14 04:18 AM

This one? Don remembers the story well and says your are very accurate. He still has both trophys from that day. He said it was June, 05. Now to get him back out there.

Attached picture 8032318-DB3.jpg

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/10/14 04:13 PM

Quote:

We do have a GASSER class! The Mexican Cantina and Grille will be sponsoring the "MCG Race for the Can."

Attached picture 8034081-blazing-saddles.jpg
Posted By: dvw

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/10/14 05:55 PM

I always liked running at Columbus. I guess I'm going to have to make my way down there. Any testing on Friday? It says N/SS class eliminations and Run offs Saturday. Is the all classes run N/SS race Sunday? Do all FX classes run together on Saturday or are they split AAA,AA,A,B,and C?
Thanks Doug
Posted By: Jerry Kathe

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/10/14 06:45 PM

Awesome - I'm hoping that CC can put a series back together. I would do Michigan(Milan or Martin), Indy and maybe even something in Pennsylvania. I also hope that CC can get Norwalk back at some point. My home track; Kil-Kare would also be great. I have not put an effort into running a Mopar series since CC disbanded - probably don't need to elaborate on why either(lol).

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/14/14 04:34 PM

Quote:

I always liked running at Columbus. I guess I'm going to have to make my way down there. Any testing on Friday? It says N/SS class eliminations and Run offs Saturday. Is the all classes run N/SS race Sunday? Do all FX classes run together on Saturday or are they split AAA,AA,A,B,and C?
Thanks Doug

Friday we'll have open testing from 5pm to 10pm. The entire NSS program will be run on Saturday in order to keep your travel costs down. NSS racers can camp for free Saturday night and buy a Pro ET tech card for Sunday if they's like. All NSS classes will be split out separately and run for trophy, AAA, A, etc.

Attached picture 8039276-20-04sm.JPG

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/14/14 07:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks Doug

Friday we'll have open testing from 5pm to 10pm. The entire NSS program will be run on Saturday in order to keep your travel costs down. NSS racers can camp for free Saturday night and buy a Pro ET tech card for Sunday if they's like. All NSS classes will be split out separately and run for trophy, AAA, A, etc.

Wait so do we run class Friday? Or are we going to run class and then the eliminator all on Saturday?

Casey

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/15/14 05:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks Doug

Wait so do we run class Friday? Or are we going to run class and then the eliminator all on Saturday?

Casey

There is no class on Friday, just open Test & Tune for fun. The entire NSS program will be spread throughout the day on Saturday. You'll have plenty of time for time trials.

Attached picture 8040350-OccupyM3.JPG

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/16/14 06:02 PM

Quote:

Jeff....Is the Gen 111 HEMI Shootout a brkt race or a Heads up race?

The Gen III event will be a bracket race. BTW Roger and Randy Lindamood will be there with their new Challenger!

Attached picture 8041502-Lindamood.jpg
Posted By: wrightracing

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/16/14 11:15 PM

From past experience Friday night test/tune is worthless if the track is running the show [little to no track prep] and at that date evening temps will require track prep. As for n/ss to try to run time trials,class,and eliminations all in one day seems like it will be to much of a rush.

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/17/14 02:33 AM

I ran Jeff's race last year at Tri State, same format, Hemi's vs Wedge's with class run off's, no problems there. I am sure Trails starting line will be MUCH better than Tri State's.
Should be a good time.
Let's hope this will be a start of new Mopar series in the Midwest. We need all the Mopar events we can get.
Posted By: wrightracing

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/17/14 03:20 AM

I have supported all of Jeff's events, and will continue to do so, just being honest which is what has kept other series from being successful. I look for this race to have a big car count and would like to see a three day race like it was in the past. I agree starting line should be MUCH better than Tri State, but NSS has never had a one day and done especially if car count is big.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/17/14 06:41 AM

I agree. If we get a good car count in N/SS it'll be a late night. Good
Doug

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/18/14 05:34 AM

Quote:

From past experience Friday night test/tune is worthless if the track is running the show [little to no track prep] and at that date evening temps will require track prep. As for n/ss to try to run time trials,class,and eliminations all in one day seems like it will be to much of a rush.

Sounds like friday would be a good night to claim your pit spot, do any last minute tuning, and posibly a run or 2. Matbe even a tech in and card.

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/21/14 05:12 PM

Quote:

You may be right. However consider a normal 200 car weekend bracket race; time trials at 10am, eliminations at 2pm. If we get a large car count we can run later or run deep rounds on Sunday. The point of this experiment is to keep expenses down for everyone. I think the days of pit parking on Wednesday and showing up late for work on Monday are over. I welcome your thoughts. Here's the schedule as it is currently.

Saturday Schedule:
9:00am Tech inspection opens.
10:00am Open time trial #1 for Pro, Super Pro and Sportsman.
11:15am Time trial #1 for Nostalgia Super Stock.
11:30am Qualifier #1 for Quick 16.
11:45am Time Trial #2 for Pro, Super Pro and Sportsman.
1:15pm Time trial #2 for Nostalgia Super Stock.
1:30pm Qualifier #2 for Quick 16.
1:45pm Time Trial #3 for Pro, Super Pro
2:45pm Nostalgia Super Stock class run offs (3:15pm, 3:45pm).
3:00pm Qualifier #3 for Quick 16.
3:15pm Fun Run for Car Show Trophy and Gen III Hemis
3:30pm Clean-up trial for Pro, Super Pro and Sportsman.
4:00pm Quick 16 Eliminations
4:15pm Fun Run for Show Trophy and Gen III.
4:30pm Nostalgia Super Stock Eliminations. Car show judging closes.
5:00pm Gambler’s Race (Box, No Box).

Attached picture 8047967-cpc0001.jpg

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/21/14 07:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

You may be right. However consider a normal 200 car weekend bracket race; time trials at 10am, eliminations at 2pm. If we get a large car count we can run later or run deep rounds on Sunday. The point of this experiment is to keep expenses down for everyone. I think the days of pit parking on Wednesday and showing up late for work on Monday are over. I welcome your thoughts. Here's the schedule as it is currently.

Saturday Schedule:
9:00am Tech inspection opens.
3:15pm Fun Run for Car Show Trophy and Gen III Hemis
4:15pm Fun Run for Show Trophy and Gen III.
4:30pm Nostalgia Super Stock Eliminations. Car show judging closes.

Sounds good! We will be there! Hope we get a packed house!

Casey

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/21/14 09:56 PM

I would love to see a Friday night gamblers race or after hours golf cart races are always fun.

Regardless I'm thankful this mopar race lives on and can't wait for spring!

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/22/14 06:40 PM

Quote:

I would love to see a Friday night gamblers race or after hours golf cart races are always fun.

Regardless I'm thankful this mopar race lives on and can't wait for spring!

Me too!

Attached picture 8049213-0001.jpg

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/26/14 03:55 PM

Quote:

After running a Nostalgia Pro Stock event there a couple years ago, I thought we were on track to return to Milan next year. Unfortuately for us, their manager moved on to another facility. It seems Milan has now reverted to their policy of not wanting to wotk with outside promoters.

We also went to Martin several years ago but the manager there was unwilling to work with us on building the event. He even skipped out on us right before we were to sit down for the settlement. Regardless of the potential, I can't do business with people I don't trust or like.

That leaves Mid Michigan in Stanton but it's kind of a haul...unless anyone knows of a smaller MI track that wants an event.

Attached picture 8053506-A71MLDuster-Milan2009.jpg
Posted By: dbran451

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/26/14 04:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

. Regardless of the potential, I can't do business with people I don't trust or like.

that's to funny coming from you

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/26/14 05:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

After running a Nostalgia Pro Stock event there a couple years ago, I thought we were on track to return to Milan next year. Unfortuately for us, their manager moved on to another facility. It seems Milan has now reverted to their policy of not wanting to wotk with outside promoters.

We also went to Martin several years ago but the manager there was unwilling to work with us on building the event. He even skipped out on us right before we were to sit down for the settlement. Regardless of the potential, I can't do business with people I don't trust or like.

That leaves Mid Michigan in Stanton but it's kind of a haul...unless anyone knows of a smaller track that wants an event.

Kil-Kare in Xenia
Dragway 42 in W.Salem but not sure how soon the facility will be ready.
Pacemakers nice 1/8 mile track, 50 miles NE of columbus, it's under new management and the new manager is hungry for some action.
Kanawha Valley 12 miles south of Galipolis Oh, nice 1/8 mile track, I think that is another hungry one.
Posted By: swifter

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/26/14 11:21 PM

How bout one at great lakes speedway here in wis?????? Swifter

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/27/14 01:21 AM

What seems to be the problem running n/ss on sunday insted of jamming everthing on saturday. How about gamblers race for n/ss & hemi for saturday its a long ride for one day event. I don't think a few extra bucks for entry would keep people away but one day race will.

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/27/14 04:05 PM

Quote:

What seems to be the problem running n/ss on sunday insted of jamming everthing on saturday. How about gamblers race for n/ss & hemi for saturday its a long ride for one day event. I don't think a few extra bucks for entry would keep people away but one day race will.

Whatever you guys want to do. Racers have commented in the past that running only for a class trophy on Saturday was a waste. The way it's set up now, you could run Pro on Sunday. We could also add a NSS Gamblers on Sunday. My suggestion would be to run first round of NSS on Saturday, then you could run the regular Gamblers Saturday night. Round 2 of NSS would be Sunday morning and you could still buy into Pro, if you wanted to. BUT if everyone really wants to change it back to our old format, you wouldn't have to run class on Saturday to run the eliminator on Sunday. OK, let's hear it from all you NSS guys...

Attached picture 8054604-18-21sm.JPG
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/27/14 05:00 PM

I don't think I ever ran one of your races Jeff but its nice to see your flexible, a good communicator, and available. Communication with the racers goes a long way in whether a race series is successful or not.

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/27/14 08:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Whatever you guys want to do. Racers have commented in the past that running only for a class trophy on Saturday was a waste. The way it's set up now, you could run Pro on Sunday. We could also add a NSS Gamblers on Sunday. My suggestion would be to run first round of NSS on Saturday, then you could run the regular Gamblers Saturday night. Round 2 of NSS would be Sunday morning and you could still buy into Pro, if you wanted to. BUT if everyone really wants to change it back to our old format, you wouldn't have to run class on Saturday to run the eliminator on Sunday. OK, let's hear it from all you NSS guys...

NSS gamblers Sat 40 bucks a car. NSS eliminator Sunday. Thats what I would like to see. I would rather not run PRO sunday.

Casey
Posted By: kissmyaspen

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/27/14 09:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

NSS gamblers Sat 40 bucks a car. NSS eliminator Sunday. Thats what I would like to see. I would rather not run PRO sunday.

Casey

minus the running pro thing..
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/27/14 09:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Casey

minus the running pro thing..

I like the Sat gamblers and run NSS on Sunday.

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/27/14 10:07 PM

Gambler race saturday n/ss program sunday.
will be there with two cars
Posted By: Super Scamp

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/27/14 10:29 PM

Quote:

I think the days of pit parking on Wednesday and showing up late for work on Monday are over. I welcome your thoughts.

Well I don't agree with that statement If our Race Team is going to bring 8 to 11 cars/Dragsters we are committed to a weekend of fun with friends and Family. We like the Thursday entry and Friday Test & Tune (Gamblers) then Sat/Sun race maybe go home on Sun or Monday morning.

Mopar Mafia Racing

1. Sportsman
2 Pro
7 SP/ quick 16 or 32 3 Pipe racks and 4 cars

Seems that we need a promoter that can bring a guarantee purse for each class and pay down the ladder to the 1/8's Trust means allot in the Mopar World, once it is broken then the
Build it and they will come..

SS

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 02/28/14 05:02 AM

I like the idea of a Gamblers race Saturday after Class Run Offs and the Main Eliminator Sunday.
I'm not sure what others think but, I really enjoy the class run offs.
Using the Dave Duell Classic as an example, those class run offs can get pretty intense.

Attached picture 8055401-img_1996.jpg

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 03/04/14 03:59 PM

Quote:

I don't think I ever ran one of your races Jeff but its nice to see your flexible, a good communicator, and available. Communication with the racers goes a long way in whether a race series is successful or not.

Thanks John. I've been on all sides of the fence. I've swapped professsionally. I've built an OE concours Hemi Road Runner. I've raced a Li'l Red Truck in Sportsman, a Challenger in Pro J373, a Duster in S/ST 3054, plus I've crewed on a Stock Eliminator, an Alcohol Funny Car and an ARCA Super Car. I always put myself in the customers position in order to make our events as enjoyable as possible.

Any more input on NSS from anyone?

Attached picture 8061332-JJduster1.jpg

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 03/08/14 06:46 PM

2014 is our 34th year in the promotions business! Real events by real people at real tracks with real payouts. No excuses, just good times.

Attached picture 8066324-2014classicadcpm2-sm.jpg

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 03/10/14 11:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks John. I've been on all sides of the fence. I've swapped professsionally. I've built an OE concours Hemi Road Runner. I've raced a Li'l Red Truck in Sportsman, a Challenger in Pro J373, a Duster in S/ST 3054, plus I've crewed on a Stock Eliminator, an Alcohol Funny Car and an ARCA Super Car. I always put myself in the customers position in order to make our events as enjoyable as possible.

Any more input on NSS from anyone?

Can I run a 68 Hemi Scoop on my 62 Plymouth in nss or does the scoop have to be the correct year for the car? Oh by the way, I will be selling max wedge scoops and Hemi scoops at your show.

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 03/18/14 02:39 PM

OK guys, here's the deal on NSS. We'll go back to our original schedule. TT and class run-offs on Saturday. Open Gamblers on Saturday night. TT and laddered eliminations on Sunday.

The only change is that you don't have to participate in class run-offs on Saturday in order to run the eliminator on Sunday. Non-participants will go to the bottom of the ladder. If there is more than one "Sunday only" racer, they will run each other, not unlike a buy-back. Thanks for everyone's input.

Attached picture 8078848-MaxWedge003.jpg

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 03/20/14 04:10 PM

Attached picture 8081429-ME_428_Drama.png
Posted By: top8x7b

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 03/20/14 06:07 PM

Any thoughts on a 10.0 shoutout saturday ,run it as a gambler race ?

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 03/20/14 06:15 PM

Quote:

OK guys, here's the deal on NSS. We'll go back to our original schedule. TT and class run-offs on Saturday. Open Gamblers on Saturday night. TT and laddered eliminations on Sunday.

The only change is that you don't have to participate in class run-offs on Saturday in order to run the eliminator on Sunday. Non-participants will go to the bottom of the ladder. If there is more than one "Sunday only" racer, they will run each other, not unlike a buy-back. Thanks for everyone's input.

Good deal

Casey

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 03/20/14 11:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Good deal

Casey

See ya in May

Jim G
Posted By: MFR440

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 03/21/14 06:01 AM

Will '65 model cars be allowed with Max Wedge engines? How about a VOTE?!

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 03/21/14 04:59 PM

Quote:

Will '65 model cars be allowed with Max Wedge engines? How about a VOTE?!

PSSH! I hope so!! It says NSS not max wedge..

Casey
Posted By: ROSSIO

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 03/21/14 06:41 PM

We'll,I'm interested if Jeff is going to have any kind of 10.5 /heads up class this
Time around?? I would be very interested in showing up for that in Columbus
If anyone else is interested for this class please post something up

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 03/24/14 04:05 PM

Quote:

We'll,I'm interested if Jeff is going to have any kind of 10.5 /heads up class this
Time around?? I would be very interested in showing up for that in Columbus
If anyone else is interested for this class please post something up

As you know, we worked with Richard O'Malley on the original KOS program. After his retirement we ran our own events with the assistance of Leon Hudson, Andy Mayes and Dan Dye. All of those events were met with limited success.

Two years ago I tried it again at Marion County, Ohio and it was a disaster, attendance wise.

These days it looks like Josh is heading up all the Midwest 10.5 activity (Mopar-only that is.) I would hate to steps on his toes. However if we get his blessing and enough of you guys want to give it a go, I'll try again. What's everone think? Bird?

Attached picture 8086611-MCIRmopar.JPG

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 03/24/14 05:11 PM

Hey Jeff, did I read correctly that double entries are ok at your show at Columbus?

Attached picture 8086688-SKINNY.jpg

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 03/24/14 05:13 PM

new car for this year should be ready for Columbus.

Attached picture 8086690-103_3802.JPG

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 03/24/14 05:14 PM

one more

Attached picture 8086691-103_3803.JPG

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 03/24/14 05:15 PM

another

Attached picture 8086692-103_3809.JPG

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 03/24/14 05:16 PM

what the he!! one more

Attached picture 8086694-103_3806.JPG

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 03/24/14 09:11 PM

JUST checking to see if anyone is interested
because if jeff decides to have this class at the last minute
or close to that-----others could schedule something else on
that weekend----like me---and nobody would show up

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 03/25/14 02:38 PM

Quote:

TRUE. Let's give it a couple weeks at the most. If there's no response by next week, there's our answer.

Attached picture 8087851-cpc0001.jpg

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 03/26/14 02:50 PM

Quote:

Hey Jeff, did I read correctly that double entries are ok at your show at Columbus?

Yes! Double entries are cool!

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 03/26/14 04:47 PM

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 04/04/14 06:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

TRUE. Let's give it a couple weeks at the most. If there's no response by next week, there's our answer.

OK Rossio, the racers have (not) spoken. No Heads-Up 10.5 at the Chrysler Power Classic, not now, not ever. Sorry guys, there's always NMCA.

Attached picture 8101276-68_467600086629101_8152187_n.jpg

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 04/05/14 04:50 PM

ok --thanks jeff
we tried thats all i can ask

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 04/09/14 03:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

OK Rossio, the racers have (not) spoken. No Heads-Up 10.5 at the Chrysler Power Classic, not now, not ever. Sorry guys, there's always NMCA.

The picture of the people pushing the Charger out of the mud, was that last year at the Mopar meet at Indy?

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/01/14 08:02 PM

Only two weeks to go! Here's the final schedule:

The Chrysler Power Classic
May 16-18, 2014
National Trail Raceway, Columbus, Ohio

All Chrysler Product Drag Race, Car Show, Swap Meet & Car Corral
Kramer Automotive Specialties Hemi Reunion
Directions: 2650 National Road SW, Hebron, OH 43025-2922. Take I-70 to exit #126. Take Rt. 37 north 1 mile. Take Rt. 40 west ˝ mile.
Headquarters Hotel: Red Roof Inn, I-70 & Rt. 37, exit #126, Hebron, OH (740)467-ROOF.
Camping: Free overnight camping is available to all participants at National Trail Raceway. No hookups.
Car Show Classes: First, second and third place trophies will be awarded in 50 classes.
STOCK: Prewar Stock 28-48; Postwar Car Stock 49-61; A-Body Stock (62-69, 70-76); B-Body Stock (62-65 Dodge, 62-65 Plymouth, 66-67; 68-70 Dodge, 68-70 Plymouth, 71-74, 75-79); C-Body Stock 62-78; E-Body Stock (70-74 Dodge, 70-74 Plymouth); Unrestored 62-79; Late Model RWD 76-89; AMC Stock;
MODIFIED: Street Rod 48-prior; Postwar Car Modified 49-61; A-Body Modified (62-69, 70-76); B-Body Modified (62-65 Dodge, 62-65 Plymouth, 66-67, 68-70 Dodge, 68-70 Plymouth, 71-74, 75-79); C-Body Modified 62-78; E-Body Modified (70-74 Dodge, 70-74 Plymouth); Late Model RWD 76-89; AMC Modified; Pro Street 62-up;
HEMI: A-Body Race Hemi (68); B-Body Race Hemi (64-65, 66-67); E-Body Race Hemi (70-71); Pro Stock Hemi (68-81); Center Steer Hemi (front engine); all street Hemi vehicles will compete with other vehicles in their respective Stock or Modified classes above;
TRUCK: Postwar Truck Stock 48-60; Postwar Truck Modified 48-60; Truck/Van Stock 61-93; Truck/Van Modified 61-93; Dakota/Durango; Ram 2WD 94-up; Ram 4WD 94-up; Jeep;
FRONT WHEEL DRIVE: Early FWD Stock 78-95; Early FWD Modified 78-95; Late FWD (DSM, Neon, LH, PT) 90-up;
CURRENT MODEL: Viper 92-02; Viper 03-up; Prowler/Crossfire; LX Charger/300; LC Challenger;
Best Appearing Race Car; Best Engineered Race Car.
Best of Show.
Car Show Judging: Saturday: 2:00pm-4:30pm. Sunday: 10:00am-Noon.
All historically significant Hemi street cars and race cars may receive free weekend car and driver entry, along with reserved tent space. Pre-registration and approval are required. Contact Jim Kramer 724-285-5566 or Jeff Johnson 614-268-1181.
Drag Race Classes: All-run event, double entries ok, buy backs first round, bye runs determined at random by the tower, unused bye runs will not carry over, electronic or other devices may in no way affect throttle operation. Must be Chrysler powered.
QUICK 16/electronics 1/8 mile. Top eight open vehicles versus top eight door cars. Saturday qualifying and eliminations. Qualifiers and non-qualifiers may buy into Sunday’s Super Pro eliminator.
SUPER PRO/electronics 1/4 mile.
PRO/no electronics 1 /4 mile, 9.00 e.t. and slower, (no center steer vehicles, no delay boxes, air/electric shifters permitted, trans brakes permitted – footbrake run separate from trans brake as long as possible.
SPORTSMAN/no electronics 1 /4 mile, footbrake only, 12.00 e.t. and slower.
NOSTALGIA SUPER STOCK. Mopar only, NSS will be comprised of three categories.
Wedge: NSS/A 10.00, NSS/B 10.50, NSS/C 11.00, NSS/D 11.50, NSS/E 12.00 and NSS/F 12.50 index.
Factory Experimental: AAA/FX 8.75, AA/FX 9.00, A/FX 9.25, B/FX 9.50, C/FX 9.75 index.
Hemi: SS/A 1968 Dart and Barracuda; SS/B 1964-65 Dodge and Plymouth B-Body 2-door; SS/D 1966-67 Coronet and Belvedere 2-door; SS/E 1970-71 Challenger and Barracuda; SS/F 1966-67 Coronet and Belvedere wagon, 1968-70 Coronet and Belvedere 2-door, 1971 Charger and Satellite 2-door dial-in.
Heads up class runoffs in all classes for trophy. Hemi (dial-in) and Wedge (index) cash eliminators, each run separately on a Sportsman ladder. The winning Hemi will race the wining Wedge for the final, each on their chosen dial-in.
NOSTALGIA PRO STOCK. Exhibition class.
TROPHY. No additional entry fee for car show participants.
GEN III HEMI. No additional entry fee for car show participants.
Race Car Technical Inspection: Friday: 5:00pm-8:00pm. Saturday: 9:00am-Noon. Sunday: 9:00am-11:00am.
Show Hours: Saturday 9:00am-dark. Sunday 9:00am-3:00pm.
Spectator Admission: $15.00/day. $25.00/weekend. Kids under 12 free. Free parking. Free pit pass.
Participant Admission Car Show: $25.00
Drag Race: $65.00
Car Corral (for sale): $25.00
Swap Meet: $25.00 20’x20’ Outdoor
Entry fees include weekend admission for one vehicle and driver. Participant Admissions $10.00 higher at the gate.

Schedule: Friday 4:00pm Pit parking.
5:00pm Tech inspection opens.
9:00pm Gates secure.
Saturday 9:00am Tech inspection opens.
3:15pm Fun Run for delete Trophy and Gen III Hemis
4:15pm Nostalgia Super Stock eliminations (round robin).)
4:30pm Fun Run for Trophy and Gen III.
7:00pm Bonfire and social hour(s).
Sunday 9:00am Tech inspection opens.
9:00am Time trial #1 for Pro, Super Pro, NSS and Sportsman.
10:00am Car show judging begins.
10:30am Fun Run for Trophy and Gen III Hemis
11:00am Time trial #2 for Pro, Super Pro, NSS and Sportsman.
12:00pm Fun Run for rophy and Gen III Hemis
1:00pm Eliminations S/Pro, Pro, Sportsman, Nostalgia S/S Trophy, Gen III,

Purse:
Quick 16 $1000 winner; $500 runner-up.
Super Pro $1000 winner; $300 runner-up,
Pro $1000 winner; $300 runner-up,
Sportsman $500 winner; $200 runner-up,
Super Stock $1000 winner; $300 runner-up.
All Classes: $25 round money beginning with second round win.
All purses always guaranteed.

More info on ourFacebook page: Chrysler Power Classic!
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/02/14 02:10 AM

So should we get out tickets in the mail. when we registrar on line ?

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/02/14 04:28 PM

Quote:

So should we get out tickets in the mail. when we registrar on line ?

Everone will pick up their credentials at the gate. Just give them your name. Email confirmations are going out today! Be sure to check out the Rod Shop cars while you're at the event!

Attached picture 8131581-1174883_575617182499528_408161830_n.jpg

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/02/14 10:55 PM

See you there

Russ

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/03/14 01:15 AM

recieved my email today,

lookin' forward to it

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/03/14 01:45 PM

Jeff - will crosstalk be used for electronics classes (Q16 & S/P)?

SLE devices permitted?
Posted By: Bishop

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/03/14 09:04 PM

I'll be there in the 64 Plymouth

Attached picture 8132826-Bornin64.jpg

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/04/14 04:50 PM

Quote:

SLE devices permitted?

Jerry, yes, crosstalk will be used. Drivers can "opt out" by putting an "N" after their dial-in.

Also, Autostart will be activated in all categories.

Attached picture 8133664-4-08.JPG
Posted By: plasticfantastic

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/04/14 09:14 PM

Quote:

SLE devices permitted?

How is your SLE wired up? (to the Trans brake button or into ignition?)

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/05/14 02:12 AM

Quote:

Quote:

SLE devices permitted?

Conventional way - Trans brake via delay box.

Thanks - JK

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/05/14 04:01 PM

Just a reminder: Gates open FRIDAY, MAY 16 from 4:00PM to 10:00PM.

There is an open test and tune starting at 6pm, along with a special nitrous shootout.

Check out our facebook page: Chrysler Power Classic for daily event updates!

(Parking layout is attached)

Attached File
8134653-LayoutNTR.pdf  (227 downloads)

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/05/14 04:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

SLE devices permitted?

Conventional way - Trans brake via delay box.

Thanks - JK

You're good.

Attached picture 8134657-3-43.JPG
Posted By: BigDog68Dart

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/06/14 12:11 AM

looks like we will not have a motor back, apparently it takes more than two months to have a cam reground or polished and reinstalled. called engine builder today, does not sound very promising. anyone need a driver? May have to bring my ol factory gts so I have something to run

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/06/14 12:33 AM

Quote:

looks like we will not have a motor back, apparently it takes more than two months to have a cam reground or polished and reinstalled. called engine builder today, does not sound very promising. anyone need a driver? May have to bring my ol factory gts so I have something to run

Don't even THINK about not showing up!!!

Attached picture 8135209-a6dc3683.jpg
Posted By: BigDog68Dart

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/06/14 01:06 PM

oh ya we'll be there for the party, your not getting rid of us that easy. haha see you there

Attached picture 8135675-wheelsupBowlinggreen.JPG

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/06/14 03:08 PM

Quote:

oh ya we'll be there for the party, your not getting rid of us that easy. haha see you there

Glad to hear that...... what do you need to get your car going? A cam? I think I got an old purple shaft I can loan you and then you can really put a spanking on them quick 16 cars It's a "special purple shaft cam"

Russ

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/06/14 11:52 PM

SUPER PRO UPDATE. I've just been contacted by National Trail Raceway and they would rather see us run our Super Pro program on an 1/8 mile instead of a 1/4. Any objections?

BTW: Pre-registration for all classes closes at 5:00pm Friday!

Attached picture 8136274-NationalTrail_50th.jpg
Posted By: Joes66dart

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/07/14 12:29 AM

I cant speak for anyone else but I would rather run 1/4. Im sure there will be some votes for each. Thats part of the reson we dont run local stuff is because its 1/8th mile.
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/07/14 01:23 AM

Well the new motor is moving at a snails pace so I will be there for one day of watching. Been a long winter working on everyone else's stuff and mine is still waiting to be pulled in the shop. should be worth it when it is done so I will be patient Beep

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/07/14 12:05 PM

Quote:

SUPER PRO UPDATE. I've just been contacted by National Trail Raceway and they would rather see us run our Super Pro program on an 1/8 mile instead of a 1/4. Any objections?

BTW: Pre-registration for all classes closes at 5:00pm Friday!

Makes no difference to me.....although not needing to fold a parachute is nice.
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/08/14 04:43 AM

What is the reason they are asking you to run 1/8th?
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/08/14 08:12 AM

Insurance reasons and water coming up thru the track after the 1/8th mile if the water table is high is my guess. Safer racing conditions.
Just my guess as to why.

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/08/14 03:52 PM

Quote:

What is the reason they are asking you to run 1/8th?

Actually the water seepage issue was corrected two years ago. The track has been sealed with a "new high-tech polymer" that prevents mositure from wicking through the asphalt. Also my insurance couldn't care less if it's 1/8, 1/4 or 1000 ft.

The real reason is that NHRA has dictated 1/8 mile for parity among all tracks in their Summit bracket series. I'm told that all tracks, but one, in Ohio run S/P on the 1/8 mile. I'm also told that this would make it more "user friendly" to local racers.

Personally I'm inclined to stay 1/4 mile unless I hear a REALLY REALLY good arguement.

Attached picture 8138017-ClassicAdCPMc14.jpg

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/08/14 07:20 PM

I can run super pro 1/8 mile but not 1/4 mile. that's my argument.

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/08/14 08:03 PM

1/8 mile or 1/4 mile it don't matter to me, I just want to race!

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/09/14 01:59 AM

If given a choice I'd vote for 1/8th mile
Posted By: AAR-B4

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/09/14 02:23 AM

Quote:

If given a choice I'd vote for 1/8th mile

Yep me too. Saves fuel!
Posted By: Bishop

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/09/14 02:28 AM

Quote:

I cant speak for anyone else but I would rather run 1/4. Im sure there will be some votes for each. Thats part of the reson we dont run local stuff is because its 1/8th mile.

1/4 mile all the way
Posted By: moparjoe360.4

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/09/14 02:35 AM

I'd like to see 1/4 but that's just a spectator prospective I'll be running sportsman with my junk.
Posted By: Duster3105

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/09/14 04:51 AM

We would like to be there But, the youngest son is getting married on the 17th, Good luck & have fun all. Last one of the four. Yippee!!!!!!!!

Rick......

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/09/14 02:56 PM

Quote:

Yeah, but your car runs Pro or Sportsman with no electronics. I can run my Prowler in Quick 16 if only 15 other guys show up. lol.

Attached picture 8138883-cpclogo-1.jpg

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/09/14 04:39 PM

Chrysler Power Classic golf cart event rentals are now available for the day or the weekend!

Contact the Golf Car Company TODAY to make your reservation!

I'm told they're going fast! 1-800-589-8833

Attached picture 8138960-golfcarco_FP01_r1_c4_FBTW2.jpg

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/09/14 06:08 PM

Welp, not looking good for us...

If nothing else I will be there hanging out.

Casey

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/09/14 06:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, but your car runs Pro or Sportsman with no electronics. I can run my Prowler in Quick 16 if only 15 other guys show up. lol.

But I wanted to really confuse people and double sportsman and super pro

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/09/14 10:45 PM

Quote:

Casey

To much Flordia time I guess!!!!!!!!!!! Stop by, I'll have some refresments for ya.

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/09/14 10:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Casey

To much Flordia time I guess!!!!!!!!!!! Stop by, I'll have some refresments for ya.

Will do Frito!

I may try to find something to race!

Casey
Posted By: wyoming

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/13/14 03:12 AM

Does everyone think header tethers will be required to pass tech?? I dont have any yet, dont know if I can get sme quick enough or not, Opinions?

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/13/14 04:30 AM

Quote:

Does everyone think header tethers will be required to pass tech?? I dont have any yet, dont know if I can get sme quick enough or not, Opinions?

Not sure However I can stop at Summit Racing and pick up a set for you. Or do what I just read in that other thread and clamp a wire on the collector to a bolt on the body and that passes tech???

Hope to see you there

Russ
Posted By: ajcasini

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/13/14 04:43 AM

exhaust clamp bolted to the crossmember will work too.
Posted By: 56_Royal_Lancer

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/13/14 03:20 PM

From Ritch Bowers @ D3:

Collector Rule February 18, 2014:

All removable multi-piece exhaust collectors/stacks must be securely fastened with either:
1. NHRA-accepted header tether, or
2. A minimum ˝” (half-inch) weld located on each primary tube to the collector or
3. Be permanently attached to the vehicle body or frame with positive fasteners (i.e. exhaust hangers, support brackets, bolts/nuts, etc.) such that they require tools for removal.

A current list of NHRA-accepted header tethers is available on NHRARacer.com. Flexible tubing or “flex pipe” prohibited in all categories. If mufflers are used, they must be securely attached to exhaust system and car vehicle body or frame.
Posted By: wyoming

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/14/14 01:31 AM

Thanks Russ, I've ordered some, they should be here by Friday, this rule ranks right up there with the other bad Nrha rules, while being a strong believer in seat belts and trans blankets the time limits on those is ridiculous, but what can you do about it? I plan on being there Friday night if all things fall into place, see you there, Glenn
Posted By: Spyphish

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/14/14 03:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Casey

Will do Frito!

Casey

Frito has access to this.

Attached picture 8144328-IMG_0270.JPG

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/14/14 07:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Casey

Will do Frito!

Casey

Ahhh Frito is holdin out on me eh?!

Casey

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/15/14 12:17 AM

This just in! Jeg's is posting $100.00 gift certificate contingency to the winners in Q16, S/P, Pro, NSS and Sportsman! You must run Jeg's contingency decals in each class (except Sportsman) to be eligible. Decals will be available at the NTR tech shack.

Attached picture 8144776-1345-10845.jpg
Posted By: Joes66dart

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/15/14 01:13 AM

Anyword on whether or not S/P will be 1/8th or 1/4 mile. Really hoping for 1/4 racing.

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/15/14 03:42 PM

Quote:

Anyword on whether or not S/P will be 1/8th or 1/4 mile. Really hoping for 1/4 racing.

Just walked the track yesterday. Top end seepage has not been a problem despite the recent rain. So... 1/4 mile it is!

Of course, weather may play a factor later.

Attached picture 8145340-NationalTrail_50th.jpg
Posted By: birdtracker

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/16/14 03:22 AM

saturday and sunday weather to be only 65 but no rain in the forecast. Birdtracker

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/16/14 04:51 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Casey

Will do Frito!

Casey

Without a doubt, the BEST DEAL out there right now. See me or call me at the race (606 923 9220) for details and a complete parts list. Parts list alone worth the price. The car was just raced at the NHRA Jegs Sports Nationals. $17,000 and we'll talk about delivery.
Posted By: Sammy

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/16/14 06:59 PM

How's the weather looking at the track? Radar shows rain right over Columbus.

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/16/14 11:11 PM

Weather.com shows 0% until 11 tonight and never more than 20% for the event hours all weekend
Posted By: maxie

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/18/14 03:25 AM

I left right after the car went into the sand trap. Did everything turn out ok?

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/18/14 02:03 PM

Driver is OK, the "Screamin' Demon" not so much. The car actually took down the net and it was a while getting it safely re-secured.

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway May 16-18 - 05/18/14 10:43 PM

Posted By: C Stilwell

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 05/19/14 01:44 AM

Results from this weekend's Chrysler Power Classic event here at National Trail Raceway:

Chrysler Power Classic - Quick 16
W: Keith McKellar ('12 McIlvain) - 4.617, 148.69 (4.60 dial).
R/U: Tim Gary ('00 Avenger) - 5.180, 134.50 (5.16 dial).
Semi's: Larry Smith; Shawn Girdham.

Chrysler Power Classic - Super Pro
W: Chad Clites ('01 Roadster) - 10.185, 134.94 (10.15 dial).
R/U: Jim Ries ('02 Undercover) - 8.444, 154.05 (8.42 dial).
Semi's: Carl James; Lonnie Smith.

Chrysler Power Classic - Pro
W: Shaun Bemiller ('33 Roadster) - 12.339, 70.05 (9.72 dial).
R/U: Steve Haser ('72 Dart) - foul.
Semi's: Mike Nutt; Terry Szabo.

Chrysler Power Classic - Sportsman
W: Dan Trainer Sr. ('73 Barracuda) - 16.588, 88.54 (12.00 dial).
R/U: Russ Gray ('76 Volare Wagon) - foul.
Semi's: Brian Hendrickson.

Chrysler Power Classic - Nostaliga Super Stock
W: John Lovins ('65 Coronet) - 9.572, 138.44 (9.52 dial).
R/U: Fred Rader ('63 Dodge) - 10.444, 127.59 (10.50 dial).
Semi's: Jack Moore; Larry Goodin.

Nostalgia Super Stock Class Winners:
C/FX - Mike DeChicco
B/NSS - Fred Rader
C/NSS - Rick Newmeyer
D/NSS - Glen Smith
E/NSS - Larry Goodin

Hemi Super Stock Class Winners:
SS/A - Jack Moore
SS/B - John Lovins
SS/D - Chasity Kwast
SS/E - Gary Murphy
SS/F - Cecil Horn

It was a challenging weather day on Saturday, but we appreciate all of the racers working with us to get as much done on Saturday as we did. Great day of racing here today getting the eliminations done from Saturday and Sunday on this one day. Fantastic work from everyone and hope everyone had a great time and get back home safely.

Hope to see all of you back at NTR in August!
Posted By: Savoy1964

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 05/19/14 02:34 AM

Anyone get photos from Saturdays test and tune sessions?

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 05/21/14 03:37 PM

Quick 16
Winner Keith McKellar, Niagara Falls, NY

Attached picture 8151078-DSC00197.JPG
Posted By: drcerie

Re: Mopar Race at National Trail Raceway - 05/22/14 01:39 AM

Jeff, Great Show, Know you could not do anything about the weather on Saturday, but could not have been any better on Sunday. Great racing and three out of four of us were in the money. Looking forward to your next events.
© 2024 Moparts Forums