Moparts

PERFORMANCE ONLY

Posted By: poisondart2

PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/20/14 02:06 AM

I just wanted to say thanks to Dan who has built another engine for me that is flawless. I have been building a 32 Bantam for about a year and a half and finally today I actually fired the engine up.The engine has never been started at this point and sitting for months One touch on the switch and it purred.13.5 to 1 and the same as the last motor he built Everything was dead on. I didn't even have to set the idle. Thanks to Patrick at Prosystems. Dan puts up with a lot of bull from me so wanted to let folks know just what he builds
SUPER COMP here I come !
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/20/14 03:09 AM

Pics or it's a BS post.
Posted By: Damned67

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/20/14 03:14 AM

Dan get's my support and I couldn't recommend him highly enough to anyone.
He spec'd (and supplied the parts for) an engine for me close to 9 years ago now (time flys!), and has never stopped answering any questions I have. That is after sales service!
Posted By: quickd100

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/20/14 03:45 AM

Dan is one of the treasures on Moparts!Dave

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/20/14 03:53 AM

Quote:

Pics or it's a BS post.

I would but really don't know how
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/20/14 04:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Pics or it's a BS post.

I would but really don't know how

Sorry , I just love a Bantam though.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/20/14 04:54 AM

Quote:

Dan is one of the treasures on Moparts!Dave

Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/20/14 05:09 AM

Dan is cool. He has helped me a ton and is always honest and straight forward with me.

Thanks Dan!
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/20/14 05:16 AM

The 440 in the Ramcharger has Dan the mans machining in it, and I agree!! He is the MAN!! Some day I be blessed with meeting him face to face....

He did a set of heads for me, crank, rods, pistons, and every time I needed something he was more than happy to speak to me on the phone and get things figured out.

He is a Moparts treasure LOL
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/20/14 05:59 AM

Dan is like E.F. Hutton. When Dan speaks, people listen. From Baja 1000 to Pro Mod, why go anywhere else?
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/20/14 06:19 AM

I'm kindof curious how he gets anything done since i'm always bothering him and then i read everyone else is also

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/20/14 03:49 PM

Quote:

I'm kindof curious how he gets anything done since i'm always bothering him and then i read everyone else is also

Ray, I call to just see what you are asking about so multiply your calls by 2
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/20/14 04:06 PM

I've got three short block's there now....

Word on the street is that you'd be smart to not take a swing at him, you'll end up against the wall with his hand around your throat!!

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/20/14 04:16 PM

Quote:

Word on the street is that you'd be smart to not take a swing at him, you'll end up against the wall with his hand around your throat!!

I know you must have spent some phone time with Dan if you know that story but what he leaves out is she was 12 years old 65 lbs 4'9
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/20/14 05:12 PM

Dan's 'The Man!'

If he's on it for you, it's gonna be right. Period. End of story.

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/20/14 06:20 PM

Quote:

I heard the same story!

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/20/14 10:39 PM

From Briggs & Stratton to Blown Alcohol, Dan is the man!!
Posted By: Scamp408

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/21/14 12:06 AM

Quote:

From Briggs & Stratton to Blown Alcohol, Dan is the man!!

Got that Right
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/21/14 04:07 PM

Quote:

Dan's 'The Man!'

If he's on it for you, it's gonna be right. Period. End of story.

Posted By: BradH

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/21/14 05:03 PM

I like Dan 'cuz he does things like sends you new rods bolts... and then forgets to tell you how much to send him for the parts. /
Posted By: Mopar-Al

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/22/14 12:36 AM

Dan just drop shipped my crank and rods for my 572 build they came in yesterday although I'm not there to open the boxes what a shame thanks Dan
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/22/14 04:19 AM

Dan`s just sittin back eatin this stuff up.................
Posted By: BradH

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/22/14 04:37 AM

Quote:

Yeah, but he won't be eating with MY $$$ until he tells me how much to send him!
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/22/14 05:40 AM

He sent me a coil years ago w/out payment and wasn`t even concerned.............good dude fo sho..............

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/22/14 06:32 AM

Quote:

I doubt it. Dan is a humble guy.
Posted By: Performance Only

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/23/14 09:25 PM

Gary,
It sounds like everything went according to plan on the first start up. That engine should have a good baseline tune in it too get started. Let me know when you're ready to make some test hits with it.

Many thanks to Gary everyone everyone else for all the kind words expressed here. I really do appreciate it. Without you guys, we wouldn't be in business doing what we love to do.
I haven't had much time lately to read the forums, things have been really busy here in the shop. Heck, if it weren't for a good friend e-mailing and another one calling me to let me know this thread was here I would've never even seen it.
Thanks again.
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/23/14 10:04 PM

Quote:

Gary,
It sounds like everything went according to plan on the first start up. That engine should have a good baseline tune in it too get started. Let me know when you're ready to make some test hits with it.

Many thanks to Gary everyone everyone else for all the kind words expressed here. I really do appreciate it. Without you guys, we wouldn't be in business doing what we love to do.
I haven't had much time lately to read the forums, things have been really busy here in the shop. Heck, if it weren't for a good friend e-mailing and another one calling me to let me know this thread was here I would've never even seen it.
Thanks again.

call me
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/24/14 01:54 PM

Dan is definately one of the "good guys",always willing to be helpful and a asset to the Mopar community.

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/24/14 03:16 PM

Quote:

Gary,

Thanks again.

Dan,just have to mount the new shoes on it and chassis cert. I will call when I go out. Again Thanks
Posted By: 68KillerBee

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/24/14 03:28 PM

I have a local machine shop doing the machining, but will be getting all the parts from him. I talked to him a few weeks ago. Then went to the machine shop and he said he hadn't done anything to it.
But as soon as he does, I will be sourcing a stroker "kit" from Dan.
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: PERFORMANCE ONLY - 01/27/14 05:22 PM

Cool Beans.....bring that puppy down to Immokalee this weekend....going to be a good one

Rickster
© 2024 Moparts Forums