Moparts

Farewell, old friend

Posted By: mark_gates

Farewell, old friend - 01/12/14 07:36 PM

I never thought I'd see the day, but life makes a lot of twists and turns. There's a big plus in this-I got a fair enough price to take care of the pressing financial issues I have, and she's gone to a really good home-a fellow gearhead that has a bunch of classic cars and hotrods, a large modern storage garage and a fully equipped shop where he can give her the attention she needs. I'm pretty sure she's going to see street duty as soon as weather permits. I'll sleep easy tonite.

Attached picture 7994911-DSC05733pac.jpg

Re: Farewell, old friend - 01/12/14 07:41 PM

another farewell shot-

Attached picture 7994917-DSC05732x.jpg
Posted By: Leigh

Re: Farewell, old friend - 01/12/14 08:23 PM

I'm sure it was hard to see her go. Hope things are working out for you.
Posted By: rt66jim

Re: Farewell, old friend - 01/12/14 08:28 PM

Same here Mark. Don't ever look back. Life only goes forward. You made the best decision for you at this time. You still have the memories. Plus we are all still here. Jim
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Farewell, old friend - 01/12/14 08:33 PM

sorry to see that Mark, things will get better
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: Farewell, old friend - 01/12/14 09:45 PM

Sometime you just have to move foreword. Finance, health and many other things can force this kind of change. The important thing is that you find something that will fill the void that this change will leave. A friend of mine made the transition to remote control airplanes flying/building. Must have been a good fit for him as he has been doing it 10 plus years.
Please don't be a stranger here as you have something money can't buy, experience. Good luck in what ever you do.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Farewell, old friend - 01/12/14 09:57 PM

Sometimes we`ve got to do certain things we don`t like to move foreward and take care of things. I could be right behind you.............
Posted By: wyoming

Re: Farewell, old friend - 01/12/14 10:08 PM

hopefully another door will open, I allways enjoyed your posts about the Pacer on here Mark, hang in there, there will be new doors to open

Re: Farewell, old friend - 01/12/14 10:11 PM

Quote:

Sometime you just have to move foreword. Finance, health and many other things can force this kind of change. The important thing is that you find something that will fill the void that this change will leave. A friend of mine made the transition to remote control airplanes flying/building. Must have been a good fit for him as he has been doing it 10 plus years.
Please don't be a stranger here as you have something money can't buy, experience. Good luck in what ever you do.

You've hit the nail on the head-and I have other pursuits that are filling the hole. I'm also a guitarist-having played professionally in the 70'
s and 80's, so I've picked that up again, and have been building and hotrodding custom guitars It's something I can afford, and my disability doesn't get in the way of it. I'll never loose my passion for speed and engine building tho, and I'll always look in here from time to time. Thanx for the kind words, everyone!

Attached picture 7995072-DSC002553.jpg
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: Farewell, old friend - 01/12/14 10:24 PM

Congrats on the sale Mark. Someone got a good deal on a cool car.

Dennis
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: Farewell, old friend - 01/12/14 10:29 PM

You had fun with her now it's time for someone else to light it up and have fun with it for awhile longer. You built a real cool car there, that will never change.

Sheldon
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Farewell, old friend - 01/13/14 01:01 AM

Very nice collection of Tele based beauty.
The 12 string especially , though the blonde with humbuckers looks to be the nicest Fender in the bunch.
It does hurt to see a car go.
If I was a betting man ( and I am ) , I'd say there is another car in your future. It is impossible to stay away from them just as much as with guitars.

Attached picture 7995308-Ebay002.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums