Moparts

Ultra Hp Dominators

Posted By: sasquatch

Ultra Hp Dominators - 12/25/13 02:16 AM

I don't post much here anymore but felt a good report on a part was worth it. I just got home from dynoing a customers 540 Indy ez head motor. I used a 1050 Ultra Hp dominator from Holley. Out of the box. WOW! Idles at 900 Rpm, super responsive, Tons of adjustability, LIGHT( they are aluminum). Easily the best OOTB dominator I have ever had my hands on. Well done Holley. Not cheap, but very, very nice. Motor had great power and the torque curve looks like a pool table.
FWIW
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: Ultra Hp Dominators - 12/25/13 03:30 AM

how much (if any) tuning do you end up doing to it after it was all said and done?
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Ultra Hp Dominators - 12/25/13 03:34 AM

Quote:

I don't post much here anymore but felt a good report on a part was worth it. I just got home from dynoing a customers 540 Indy ez head motor. I used a 1050 Ultra Hp dominator from Holley. Out of the box. WOW! Idles at 900 Rpm, super responsive, Tons of adjustability, LIGHT( they are aluminum). Easily the best OOTB dominator I have ever had my hands on. Well done Holley. Not cheap, but very, very nice. Motor had great power and the torque curve looks like a pool table.
FWIW

Those things look bad azz and apparently work well too.............
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: Ultra Hp Dominators - 12/25/13 03:35 AM

Was this the New GEN III ? I have been wondering if they are worth the XTra $ ???
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Ultra Hp Dominators - 12/25/13 03:42 AM

Holley had to do something to keep up with Pro Systems

Looks like a real nice carb

Attached picture 7970420-7.15.12(15).jpg
Posted By: RT540

Re: Ultra Hp Dominators - 12/25/13 12:17 PM

Subscribed
Ultra or new Gen 3, also interested.
One of these are on my shopping list.
Posted By: Tig

Re: Ultra Hp Dominators - 12/25/13 02:18 PM

Awesome!! Can't wait to hear how they are in a 2 x 4 application
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Ultra Hp Dominators - 12/25/13 06:54 PM

We(Holley) have a very dedicated carb team and a few things have been added to help that in the last few years. We have a new test stand that is state of the art, to check both wet and dry flow. We also built some new dyno engines that fall more along the lines of what guys have now, but most importantly, we bought a Top Dragster and actually take the stuff to the track and test it. Our latest stuff is as good anybodys and our finishes in the BLP carb shootouts prove that

Monte
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Ultra Hp Dominators - 12/25/13 07:34 PM

I tried to put together a magazine article on the new Dominators but nobody wanted to run it. I had the engine and dyno all lined up but unless someone is going to run the article there isn't any point in doing the work. I think the new carbs have a bunch of great features and I wanted to test out the 1350 cfm version to see if it would pick up any power over my current 1250.

Attached picture 7971083-514BLP.JPG
Posted By: GTX MATT

Re: Ultra Hp Dominators - 12/25/13 07:53 PM

Quote:

I tried to put together a magazine article on the new Dominators but nobody wanted to run it. I had the engine and dyno all lined up but unless someone is going to run the article there isn't any point in doing the work. I think the new carbs have a bunch of great features and I wanted to test out the 1350 cfm version to see if it would pick up any power over my current 1250.

I'm sure they'd want to run it if you were going to prove that some other brand carb out-performed a Holley.
Posted By: racerx

Re: Ultra Hp Dominators - 12/25/13 08:27 PM

Quote:

FWIW

Just curious why a 1050 on a 540 is this a street car?
Posted By: Mopar-Al

Re: Ultra Hp Dominators - 12/25/13 08:55 PM

I bought a new holley 1150 ultra and put it on my 512, Very nice carb, no issues with it's performance. At first wasnt sure if it was over kill
Posted By: racerx

Re: Ultra Hp Dominators - 12/25/13 09:00 PM

I installed one of the 1150's on my 514,with no problems
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Ultra Hp Dominators - 12/25/13 09:23 PM

do they make a street strip version of it?
Posted By: sasquatch

Re: Ultra Hp Dominators - 12/25/13 09:24 PM

80903 BK was the part number. Yes it is a "street" car. (still made 780). Due to the conditions yesterday, cold dry air, the numbers are a little higher than I expected but the purpose of the post was to comment on the carb. I liked it alot. Yes Tig X2 for the honey badger.
Will order this week just postulating on the size. Any preference on the color and plating options?

Todd
© 2024 Moparts Forums