Moparts

Building a 360 small block to put in a crossfire.

Posted By: haisch

Building a 360 small block to put in a crossfire. - 12/21/13 02:12 AM

has anyone ever put a 360 in one of these? or heard of anyone doin it? id like to know about any struggles he or she ran into while in the process. other than the obvious, cause the inside of the car is all mercedes. I'd like to know about any engine package anyone has heard of puttin in one. any info helps, thank you.
Posted By: d-150

Re: Building a 360 small block to put in a crossfire. - 12/21/13 02:17 AM

find one do a little measuring in engine bay.if it fits probably make engine mounts tranny mount,and as much aluminum parts you can put on the block
Posted By: Leon441

Re: Building a 360 small block to put in a crossfire. - 12/21/13 04:36 AM

A guy here put a 5.7 hemi in one.
Posted By: Mr340

Re: Building a 360 small block to put in a crossfire. - 12/21/13 03:59 PM

check here:
http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Building a 360 small block to put in a crossfire. - 12/21/13 04:47 PM

Quote:

has anyone ever put a 360 in one of these? or heard of anyone doin it? id like to know about any struggles he or she ran into while in the process. other than the obvious, cause the inside of the car is all mercedes. I'd like to know about any engine package anyone has heard of puttin in one. any info helps, thank you.

Wish I could help. I'm this close ( pic ), but can't sell the wife on it - yet. Keep me tuned in if you decide to do it. Looks like the factory drivetrains are able to handle 11's. Might have to be some major surgery in the engine compt.

Attached picture 7966088-360xfire.jpg
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Building a 360 small block to put in a crossfire. - 12/21/13 05:29 PM

We call them missfire's Got to be a midget to drive the dang gone things ! might a good girls car. that it.
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: Building a 360 small block to put in a crossfire. - 12/21/13 05:47 PM

Quote:

We call them missfire's Got to be a midget to drive the dang gone things ! might a good girls car. that it.

really I work with a guy that has 1 and he is right at 6' and goes around 250 and he loves it.
Posted By: haisch

Re: Building a 360 small block to put in a crossfire. - 12/21/13 05:50 PM

I will do it. and your wife will love it! ill definitely put a pic and video up here and she will change her mind for sure. you should definitely try more convincing!

Re: Building a 360 small block to put in a crossfire. - 12/21/13 05:59 PM

I am 6' and don't fit in it. Work on 100's of these things. I work at the dealership. Very uncomfortable car to me.Hard to get in and out of. Man should have his man card taking away. For even owning one. let alone likening it ! NOT a mopar in any shape or forum.

Re: Building a 360 small block to put in a crossfire. - 12/21/13 06:45 PM

Quote:

I am 6' and don't fit in it. Work on 100's of these things. I work at the dealership. Very uncomfortable car to me.Hard to get in and out of. Man should have his man card taking away. For even owning one. let alone likening it ! NOT a mopar in any shape or forum.

I hear all of that! I'm 6' and don't have a problem though. They are like Corvettes - big threshold to climb over. "Not a Mopar in any shape or form"? Chrysler has been a [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] to so many other car company's over the years you need a score card to keep track. The X-fire, as under powered as it is in it's non SRT state, is still a pretty cool driver. On a closed coarse it will blow the doors off of any old Mopar, and at speed ( 130+ ) it is rock solid - as compared to my Cordoba, which is just plane scary! Like comparing cars from different planets, even though they both say Chrysler.

Attached picture 7966227-XfireRR.jpg
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Building a 360 small block to put in a crossfire. - 12/21/13 07:02 PM

Quote:

Work on 100's of these things. I work at the dealership.

100's? Seriously? I thought they only sold about 100 of them altogether?

I know the dealers here could not hardly give them away.

Re: Building a 360 small block to put in a crossfire. - 12/21/13 07:21 PM

A lot of woman bought them. and I get them from all around.Seems no one want's to work on them. Even other dealers. I have one woman that has 110.000 miles on hers . Parts are not cheap. heck a tune up cost 500.00. 12 plugs at 22 each.plus wires and air filters. NAG trans.. leaking connectors. blower motor resisters are bad in them. if I was a woman would be a cool car. Just not me..sorry. Heated seats in them are other nightmare. I should of said I worked on them 100s of times. not sure many of them are running around or how many I have work on more than once.

Re: Building a 360 small block to put in a crossfire. - 12/21/13 08:01 PM

Quote:

A lot of woman bought them. and I get them from all around.Seems no one want's to work on them. Even other dealers. I have one woman that has 110.000 miles on hers . Parts are not cheap. heck a tune up cost 500.00. 12 plugs at 22 each.plus wires and air filters. NAG trans.. leaking connectors. blower motor resisters are bad in them. if I was a woman would be a cool car. Just not me..sorry. Heated seats in them are other nightmare. I should of said I worked on them 100s of times. not sure many of them are running around or how many I have work on more than once.

Any suggestions on how I can dump the rev limiter ( 6K ) on mine? There is a lot of motor left that is unuseable.
© 2024 Moparts Forums