Moparts

Ronnie Sox Birthday

Posted By: chris3

Ronnie Sox Birthday - 12/17/13 07:44 PM

Happy Birthday to a true friend.
Posted By: JC Childress

Re: Ronnie Sox Birthday - 12/17/13 07:47 PM

I miss my ole buddy. Happy birthday BOSS. Thanks for all the memories and opportunities.
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Ronnie Sox Birthday - 12/17/13 08:53 PM

He was a true hero!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HgE2As--lk
Posted By: 383man

Re: Ronnie Sox Birthday - 12/17/13 09:16 PM

Happy Birthday to the best of the best. Ron
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Ronnie Sox Birthday - 12/17/13 10:35 PM

I think he might just be the nicest person I have ever met in a Pro pit.
It was such a thrill for me to meet a person I idolized for years and he was as friendly and easy going as he could be.
A true gentleman and a great racer.
Posted By: 70dusterjohn

Re: Ronnie Sox Birthday - 12/17/13 11:29 PM

Happy B-day ! I tell you the first time I meant him, I was maybe 14 years old. We where a Quaker City and I was trying to take a picture of him and car, but there were a ton of people in front of him and his car, he saw me and motioned for me to come over and let me behind the tape keeping people away from the car, he said here you go get your picture now, then stopped me handed my camera to one of the crew guys had me get in his car and he knelted down and they took the photo ! Who else would have done that ? Great person, great racer ! He is missed !
Posted By: JC Childress

Re: Ronnie Sox Birthday - 12/18/13 12:14 AM

I am very fortunate. He was my hero and I ended up working for him and building a wonderful friendship. I can tell you firsthand that he was the real deal, and very genuine. A couple years after he was diagnosed with cancer, I called him to tell him that they had found a small cancerous spot on my dads bladder. Guess who was knocking at the front door the next morning to show support ???? Yep...good ole Ronnie. He was a true friend and I'll forever cherish my many memories with him.
Posted By: '72CudaRacer

Re: Ronnie Sox Birthday - 12/18/13 12:45 AM

I never forget him.
Brian

Attached picture 7962177-MoparSouthernClassicClayCity,KY607.JPG
Posted By: LIL'BROTHER

Re: Ronnie Sox Birthday - 12/18/13 10:18 PM

THANKS TO ALL YOU GUYS FOR THE KIND WORDS AND REMEMBERING RONNIE'S BIRTHDAY.NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DONT THINK ABOUT HIM.HE WAS MY HERO TOO!DAVID.
Posted By: mickm

Re: Ronnie Sox Birthday - 12/19/13 02:57 AM

just watched the video. wow! 1/2 a second better than the fastest driver! that's pretty damn impressive!
Posted By: qkRick

Re: Ronnie Sox Birthday - 12/22/13 12:51 AM

Quote:

Happy B-day ! I tell you the first time I meant him, I was maybe 14 years old. We where a Quaker City and I was trying to take a picture of him and car, but there were a ton of people in front of him and his car, he saw me and motioned for me to come over and let me behind the tape keeping people away from the car, he said here you go get your picture now, then stopped me handed my camera to one of the crew guys had me get in his car and he knelted down and they took the photo ! Who else would have done that ? Great person, great racer ! He is missed !

Wow Doesn't get much better than that
Posted By: dwayne welder

Re: Ronnie Sox Birthday - 12/22/13 02:57 AM

Happy B-day Ronnie!!! I wonder were that hemi white car is todat????
© 2024 Moparts Forums