Moparts

Edelbrock Hemi heads

Posted By: Handygun

Edelbrock Hemi heads - 12/08/13 10:44 PM

Has anyone seen the "victor jr" Hemi heads that were at the SEMA show? Edel claims hp increase over competitors? head. They have revised valve angles and bigger intakes supposedly. I take it this is not the one they have been making for MoPar.
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: Edelbrock Hemi heads - 12/08/13 11:10 PM

Haven't seen em', but it's WELL past time (decades) that someone would market a HEMI head incorporating MODERN technology, for a 4.800 block.

Somehow, I doubt these Edelbrock castings will fill that bill.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Edelbrock Hemi heads - 12/08/13 11:12 PM

Edelbrock caters toward the masses....Probably will be just a replacement head with next to no improvements...
Posted By: blowndart

Re: Edelbrock Hemi heads - 04/07/14 09:12 PM

I noticed these are starting to show up on eBay. Anyone know anything on them yet?
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: Edelbrock Hemi heads - 04/08/14 04:30 AM

Quote:

Edelbrock caters toward the masses....Probably will be just a replacement head with next to no improvements...

Supposed to be better. Which is what the masses want.
Posted By: Scotts71chall

Re: Edelbrock Hemi heads - 04/08/14 03:22 PM

Also new is the Victor Jr. CNC head for Chrysler 426-572 Hemi engines. This head features CNC combustion chambers and CNC-blended seats for improved airflow. The exhaust valve angle has been revised to allow 2.32-inch intake valves. Intake port volume is 245cc, and brass tubes are installed in the exhaust pushrod holes to allow more clearance without intruding on the port.
Posted By: relax383

Re: Edelbrock Hemi heads - 04/08/14 04:14 PM

Talked to the Edelbrock guys about them at Good Guys the heads have bigger intake valves 2.34. Also as stated above lots of CNC goodness.

Re: Edelbrock Hemi heads - 04/08/14 06:26 PM

Somebody wake me up when there's a better head than Stage V's Millennium.

A head that was revised 15 YEARS AGO!!!!
Posted By: Defbob

Re: Edelbrock Hemi heads - 04/08/14 06:35 PM

Quote:

Posted By: blowndart

Re: Edelbrock Hemi heads - 04/08/14 07:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Few would argue they the Millennium head is a great head but it's not exactly close to a stock replacement type head. The Stage V SR heads would be more in the same category as the Edelbrock Vic Jr heads I think. I'd like to know if all stock components will bolt up to the new Vic Jr. heads, flow numbers and if special pistons would be required with the revised exhaust angle. I wonder if these are similar to the Indy HIPO heads that I've read require special pistons.
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: Edelbrock Hemi heads - 04/08/14 08:29 PM

Millenniums don't help anybody. Who wants to have a sheet metal intake and custom headers fabricated? Nobody I know. I love Stage V but we need usable heads. The Edelbrocks (which are kinda like the Indy Hi-Po's except you don't have to deal with Indy) are supposed to be modeled after a good ported head. Good flow, accept all stock components, kinda like we should have had 40 years ago.

Re: Edelbrock Hemi heads - 04/08/14 09:02 PM

There is MORE than enough stock JUNK for MOPARS .....including HEMI heads.

What the HEMI world needs is a state of the art head that works on a 4.800, or 4.840 bore centers....for guys that are sick and tired of stock JUNK!!!!!

And as we all know (OR SHOULD).....the only people that want a sheet metal intake are the ones who actually want to go fast.
© 2024 Moparts Forums