Moparts

Heavy Heart Update 12/11

Posted By: Dartin

Heavy Heart Update 12/11 - 12/07/13 05:22 PM

It is with a heavy heart that I am posting this. Our dear friend Randy Borawski (aka labrat) lost his battle with lymphoma at 8:32 p.m., Friday 12/6/13. Please keep Corinne and his family in your thoughts and prayers. There will be a memorial service for Randy, further details will be posted when the information is available.

Attached picture 7950253-RandyB..jpg
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 05:29 PM

Damn... I wanted to get over to see him.. I sorta
figured he wouldnt have long.... God bless you Randy...
prayers for Corinne and family... he will be missed
Posted By: HardcoreB

Rest in peace good man. Mods please 'sticky' this if you would? Also, please give his wife Corinne the privacy she needs to adjust to this transition. Again R.I.P.
Posted By: rickraw

Posted By: a493demon

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 05:32 PM

R.I.P
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 05:38 PM

Quote:

R.I.P

Sad.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 05:40 PM

Godspeed Randy
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 05:41 PM

Truly one of the nicest guys I have ever known. Very sad. His 3 loves were his family, car, and fishing .. GodSpeed Randy. Tell Gary Davis we all said Hello.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 05:42 PM

Very sorry to hear this. Prayers go out to his Family.
Posted By: SB412DUSTER

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 05:42 PM

Posted By: Eric

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 05:43 PM

Truly sad news...God bless his family and friends during these tough times. RIP Randy
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 05:44 PM

Quote:

Damn... I wanted to get over to see him.. I sorta
figured he wouldnt have long.... God bless you Randy...
prayers for Corinne and family... he will be missed

Mike, He knew how you sincerely feel for him. I don't know if it's the right word now but I wouldn't take on any 'guilt'. If anything there are no more barriers in the way of saying hello to him now just by your heart-felt thoughts and remembering the beauty.
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 05:46 PM

Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 05:48 PM

I am very sorry to hear this. Prayers for his family and friends. Godspeed to you Randy.
Posted By: 10secGTX

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 05:50 PM

Godspeed Randy ....He and Gary probably bench racing
Posted By: cudadon

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 05:53 PM

RIP
Don

Attached picture 7950313-indy07.JPG
Posted By: DavidDean

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 05:59 PM

Thoughts and prayers to his friends & family
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 06:02 PM

Damn, i thought for sure he was going to pull through this.
Well now he can race on that perfect drag strip in the sky.
He has a lot of great company.
Posted By: EDDIEB

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 06:12 PM

Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 06:13 PM

I never had the pleasure of meeting Randy, but he always seemed like a great person. He'll be missed.
Posted By: SIKPUP

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 06:16 PM

Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 06:19 PM

Rest in piece. You were a great person. You will be missed.

Attached picture 7950357-randyandme.jpg
Posted By: Al_Alguire

thoughts and prayers to the family...
Posted By: jim sciortino

RIP.......Randy.
Posted By: moderncylinder

Iam glad i got to see him one last time a few days ago when i went to visit him. He was a great guy. Him and Jeff spent alot of time at the shop talking about their cancers and treatments. And how it really puts your life and the time you have left into focus on the here and now.
Ill miss him stopping bye to BS.
He was really excited about giving me a hand finishing Jeffs roadrunner this winter.

God speed Buddy

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 06:20 PM

A sad day. Our thoughts are with you, Corinne and family.

Attached picture 7950363-randy-corinne.jpg
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 06:21 PM

Oh no!!This is sad....Randy was a good egg...Rest in peace Labrat...
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 06:22 PM

so sad, I sure don't like reading these. I hope the best for friends and family. I know reading his posts he would want everyone to continue on.
Posted By: 3ddart

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 06:26 PM

Rip labrat and may GOD comfort the family and friends during this trying time
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 06:26 PM

Man this hurts I became friends with Randy through this great group of racers on this board.
I wil truly miss his PM's asking for advice on his wife's Toyota.
God bless you Randy
Here's to ya buddy
Gus

Attached picture 7950376-moriaburnout.JPG
Posted By: EvilB1Dart

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 06:31 PM

(Shaking head in disbelief) Shared many PM's and emails with Randy over the years. This really, really sucks. Prayers/thoughts for him/family. So sad; we lost a real good dude.

Wes
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 06:33 PM

Truly one of the nicest people ever I've "Met" through all the years (10+ for me now) here at MoParts.

May God watch over his family and all of his many friends and all who miss him.
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 06:41 PM

RIP
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 06:55 PM

Quote:

It is with a heavy heart that I am posting this. Our dear friend Randy Borawski (aka labrat) lost his battle with lymphoma at 8:32 p.m., Friday 12/6/13. Please keep Corinne and his family in your thoughts and prayers. There will be a memorial service for Randy, further details will be posted when the information is available.

So sorry to see this................hope his family and friends work through it............
Posted By: deaks

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 07:12 PM

1st Jeff and now Randy, very sad, my condolences to his friends and family.
Mick
Posted By: Fast Yeti

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 07:16 PM

RIP Randy. You will be truly missed!
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 07:18 PM

I felt as though I knew him even though we never spoke other than to answer each other's posts. Always thoughtful and without ego. My condolences to his family and friends.
Posted By: mafo

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 07:25 PM

I enjoyed his posts here, sorry to hear this,
My condolences
Posted By: 70dusterjohn

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 07:33 PM

Very sad ! My prayers and that of my family are with his ! Godspeed Randy. !
Posted By: Leigh

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 07:39 PM

Sad indeed. His family is in my thoughts.
Posted By: actionange

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 07:47 PM

Although we never met in person, we did converse here from time to time. Always a gentleman.
My sincere condolences to his family and friends.
We've lost another good one.
May he rest in peace.

Ange
Posted By: gregsrt

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 07:51 PM

Sad to hear, I remember reading his posts about getting the X painted and put back together. He was so excited. The same cancer took my Sister 6 years ago this month.

Prayers for his family at this especially tough time of year.
Posted By: Mr340

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 07:53 PM

Damn, He will be Missed, Prayers go out the Family and Freinds
God speed my good buddy
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 07:56 PM

I'am glad to have met Randy and spent time with him at the races.I can only now realize how precious and important it is to spend time with friends and family.We never know when when we run out of days.I'am proud to have friends like Randy.He will be missed and our thoughts go out to friends and family from myself and all at BGR.
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 08:02 PM

I sent him some "labrat" like pictures in the past, one of which he ended up using in his signature.

A bunch of us at Norwalk, Randy on the far right,

He will be missed. A very good person, gentleman.

He came up to PINKS at Martin a few years ago and hung out. My mom lives close to Martin on a lake, so I invited him to stay with me at my Moms cottage. We took the pontoon boat out, and floated around the lake drinking beer. He had dinner with us that day and stayed the night, and went back to the track the next day with us.

We hung out often at Norwalk, Milan, Woodward, etc. Great guy. I would bring the Charger up to Woodward, and see him at the Donut Cutters.

We would text often during the Red Wing's playoff games and talk on the phone.

I hope his wife if doing ok,

Thanks to Dartin (Randy) for keeping everyone updated on his status.

Sorry for the rambling, just random thoughts, and I will miss him.

Doug
Posted By: drag345

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 08:08 PM

Terrible news & I only know him from reading his posts!
one of the few that I enjoyed reading anytime.

Best wishes to his family & friends during this
extremely hard time

drag345
Peter
Posted By: TUFCAT

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 08:12 PM

He will be sorely missed. A true fighter. He was always upbeat. Damn you cancer, Randy was a treasure to know.

Randy has been a friend of our family since 1976 when he bought a car that would cement his love for Mopar's 440 engine. The car was my Dad's 1969 Charger 500. Randy loved the 500 because it was rare and fast. He used it as a daily driver and street raced on weekends.

Two years ago at the Dream Cruise Randy told me one of his favorite racing stories while driving that car back in the '70's which was how he got two drag racing tickets - on the same weekend!

On a Saturday night, after receiving a big fat drag racing ticket the night before, once again he was pulled over for drag racing. This time he figured it wouldn't hurt to try some logic that might appeal to the cops good nature. He pulled Friday's ticket out of the center console for a failed attempt to explain just how unjust his situation was. Unfortunately getting two tickets in two nights doesn't help your case - or make a cop feel sorry for you. Randy told me these exact words "I told the cop I already got one of those last night". The cop said "that should have taught you a lesson".

That was just one of the great stories he told me about driving the 500 back in those days... He was a great guy.
Posted By: Duner

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 08:17 PM

My condolences to all and yet another reminder to all to do the things you love to do while you still can. It's coming for all of us.

RIP Randy. You will be missed.

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 08:43 PM

Randy and his GTX

Attached picture 7950520-randy.jpg
Posted By: 64Post

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 08:45 PM

Wish I knew him personally, he sounded like a great guy. I will definitely miss his posts here.
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 09:05 PM

RIP Labrat.
Condolences to family & friends.
Posted By: sshemi

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 09:09 PM

F*^k!! Another good guy passes cause of that [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean].
So sad.
Prayers sent.
Posted By: Duster 371

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 09:14 PM

Posted By: SSDAcuda

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 09:19 PM

Rest in peace Randy....
Posted By: 383man

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 09:45 PM

So so sorry to hear this. Rest in peace my friend. Ron
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 10:00 PM

Godspeed my friend, I will miss you.

Posted By: Wv68charger

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 10:02 PM

Our Sincere condolences from the Ross family
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 10:14 PM

Kevin
Posted By: oldiron

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 10:18 PM

Very Sad
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 10:33 PM

Condolences to family and friends.
Posted By: Max Wedge Savoy

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 10:38 PM

Sorry to hear this. Gods speed.
Posted By: dakotawilly

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 10:45 PM

we all know too well the big C can sneak up and steal your family and friends with little or no notice,it does not discriminate.i myself know first hand as I have been there myself,and cannot say enough to everyone to get checked,and get checked frequently as more times than not there are little or no symptoms.although I personally did not know him,i still have a deep sadness for everyone and their family who goes through this horrible disease.he is in a much better place and faith will surely help his family get through this terrible time......godspeed...
Posted By: headhunter

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 11:00 PM

so sorry to hear this sad news the family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers
Posted By: firefighter3931

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 11:00 PM

I'm heartbroken to hear this news.

Randy was such a kind and gentle soul & there wasn't a mean bone in his body. He loved everybody and everybody loved him.....just a quality guy. I'm really going to miss him at the Norwalk race and seeing him there really made the trip fun.

Corrine would often send us a tray of Lasagna for the group to eat which Randy readliy shared. Of course we'd wash it down with some Canadian Beer which Randy really liked. These are the things that i will remember about my good friend....the fun times, laughing, joking, teasing etc....

Godspeed my friend, may you rest in peace.

Ron
Posted By: mshred

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 11:04 PM

Damn this is horrible...was hoping he would pull through.

Didn't know him or talk with him much, but reading his posts he seemed like a real nice dude, and judging by the respect he commands here, its pretty obvious that he was.

RIP Randy! Condolences to his family and friends!
Posted By: 360904

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 11:06 PM

RIP Labrat.
Condolences to family & friends.

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 11:10 PM

Quote:

we all know too well the big C can sneak up and steal your family and friends with little or no notice,it does not discriminate.i myself know first hand as I have been there myself,and cannot say enough to everyone to get checked,and get checked frequently as more times than not there are little or no symptoms.although I personally did not know him,i still have a deep sadness for everyone and their family who goes through this horrible disease.he is in a much better place and faith will surely help his family get through this terrible time......godspeed...

Randy and I both have the same cancer... we would
often talk about the treatment while sitting in my
shop BS about cars.... he wanted me to do some chassis
work on his GTX when he got it back together... well
that didnt happen..... I will miss you buddy... RIP
I'm sure we will some how get that X put back together
for you... just wish you were here to run it
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 11:20 PM

Very sorry to hear this.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 11:24 PM

Posted By: 71cudaddict

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 11:33 PM

R I P Randy
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 11:35 PM

Quote:

we all know too well the big C can sneak up and steal your family and friends with little or no notice,it does not discriminate.i myself know first hand as I have been there myself,and cannot say enough to everyone to get checked,and get checked frequently as more times than not there are little or no symptoms.although I personally did not know him,i still have a deep sadness for everyone and their family who goes through this horrible disease.

+1
Vaya Con Dios Randy. And prayers for peace to all his family and friends.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 11:36 PM

Met Randy a few years ago and at Norwalk several times since and we always conversed for a while each time we met,I knew he was fighting cancer for some time and always hoped he would beat it, but unfortunately...........well, you know the rest,

God bless you Randy, It was a pleasure to know you Sir, RIP
Posted By: Deepockets

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 11:40 PM

god bless
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 11:51 PM

Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/07/13 11:54 PM

RIP
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 12:09 AM

Posted By: dvw

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 12:11 AM

God Bless, sorry to hear.
Doug
Posted By: RonTheAnnouncer

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 12:28 AM

Sad to hear. RIP Randy...
Posted By: Hyper Henry

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 12:30 AM

R.I.P Randy Seemed like a super nice guy and very helpful on the board. Thoughts and prayers to his family
Posted By: 440GTX

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 12:39 AM

RIP PRAYERS TO FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 01:22 AM

Very sad news to hear Like many have previously posted Randy was a QUALITY individual who I was fortunate enough to meet in person.
Cancer has left some permanent up close and personal scars in my heart with the loss of loved ones.

GOD SPEED Randy you will be missed by many and may his wife, family and friends find comfort in knowing just how many people Randy has touched in a positive way.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 01:26 AM

those of you who were close to him I appreciate seeing the personal stories you're sharing. You often get a mental image of someone here.... and you might actually get to fullfil meeting that person one day. Your stories back up my image that Randy was one of the guys you'd like to know. Prayers to his family and friends..... he'll be missed here.
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 01:37 AM

Godspeed.
Posted By: Leon441

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 01:49 AM

CANCER IS A RACE THAT IS HARD TO BEAT.

My prayers were unanswered for Randy. God has a plan for us all. Just hard to understand that plan all the time.

Leon
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 02:01 AM

Quote:

those of you who were close to him I appreciate seeing the personal stories you're sharing. You often get a metal image of someone here.... and you might actually get to fullfil meeting that person one day. Your stories back up my image that Randy was one of the guys you'd like to know. Prayers to his family and friends..... he'll be missed here.

My sentiments exactly. I wish I had had the chance to get to know Randy. Prayers for family sent
Posted By: John_T_Brown

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 02:32 AM

Randy had many friends here on this site that gave him support and kind words that spurred him on in the fight for his life. His passion for cars especially Mopars was apparent in that He loved green B-body Plymouths and I can’t fault him for that. We talked and messaged about his Plymouth for quite some time (since 2005) giving him tips on making the GTX perform on the drag strip. I paid a visit to his house in Memphis a couple of years back and we talked for an hour or two about modifications to the rear of his car to get it hooking better. We got talking about other things like service to the country, Vietnam and such, then he went into the house and came back with a poem that he wrote about the military and it really took me by surprise. Randy was a talented man in many ways and we all should celebrate the smiles he gave us through his many posts here. I can say that Randy the man was special and touched many lives with his passion for Mopars and we all (the Mopar Community) have suffered a loss with his passing. You all should celebrate his life in any way you can by giving kind words to his wife and family in there hour of need.
Posted By: BobR

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 02:36 AM

Death sucks!!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 03:01 AM

I saw the thread and when I looked to see who started the post I just kinda sank in my chair and said to myself "Randy". It is sad that we will not get to see a smile on his face while driving the GTX with the newer mill. Unfortunately we must all eventually go but sadly some of us go sooner then we should. Condolences to his family and friends.
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 03:18 AM

Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 03:42 AM

Quote:

I'm heartbroken to hear this news.

Randy was such a kind and gentle soul & there wasn't a mean bone in his body. He loved everybody and everybody loved him.....just a quality guy. I'm really going to miss him at the Norwalk race and seeing him there really made the trip fun.

Corrine would often send us a tray of Lasagna for the group to eat which Randy readliy shared. Of course we'd wash it down with some Canadian Beer which Randy really liked. These are the things that i will remember about my good friend....the fun times, laughing, joking, teasing etc....

Godspeed my friend, may you rest in peace.

Ron

Ron has painted the picture of who Randy is....

That is the man I met and knew and was a friend to everyone and I sure will miss him alot. We will meet again some day.

Condolences to the family

Russ Konkowski
Posted By: ccdave

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 03:44 AM

So Sad. God Bless
Posted By: Dartman928

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 04:02 AM

R.I.P Randy

It was a gift to have met and known you. May Gods peace and grace be with family and friends left behind.

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 04:04 AM

Gotta say, I really get a lot of comfort from reading your guys take on Randy. This little place we have, Moparts, sure has a great group of people. We don't necessarily have to meet face to face, don't always agree, and come from many demographics, but somehow we all seem to have sincere compassion for fellow members, their families, and friends. This is what Randy LOVED about this place. Thank you all for sharing your stories. As soon as I have information on Randy's memorial service I will let everyone know. Thanks,

Randy
Posted By: Harley

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 04:04 AM

RIP
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 04:07 AM

Rest in peace, Randy.
Posted By: wyoming

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 04:10 AM

RIP
Posted By: 6pak2go

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 04:10 AM

I will miss his always upbeat and enthusiastic posts and comments.
RIP Randy.
Posted By: mopartony

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 04:17 AM

Quote:

Godspeed my friend, I will miss you.

Dang, come on here and see this.

Not happy. Randy was a great man. as stated before he is going to be missed.

Godspeed Randy.
Posted By: reknapp52

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 04:27 AM

Really sorry to hear this news--R.I.P. Randy--you're going to be missed.

Attached picture 7951142-LebaronatTexasLODRS.jpg
Posted By: rickb67

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 04:32 AM

RIP
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 04:39 AM

I knew when I saw the heading Heavy heart it was going to be sad news about Randy. I enjoyed when he hit my pit with that smile and always kind words, and we would just chat for a few then part ways so he could brighten someone else's day. R.I.P Randy (labrat) Condolences to his family.
Posted By: Wicked49670dart

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 04:44 AM

RIP
Posted By: BSB67

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 04:49 AM

Such sad news. Thoughts and prayers for his wife and family.
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 04:52 AM

RIP
Posted By: fbs63

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 05:16 AM

Very sorry to hear this. RIP Randy.
Posted By: runnerrt

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 05:31 AM

Rest in peace Labrat. Prayers to his family.
Posted By: MoParFish

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 06:08 AM

Very sorry to hear...
Posted By: gj69charger

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 06:24 AM

I will miss Randy. We had many good days at the track.
Posted By: HOTMOPR

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 08:00 AM

Rest in peace! My condolences to the family and friends..

Posted By: Cudafied

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 08:01 AM

RIP Randy
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 08:06 AM

RIP
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 12:18 PM

may he rest in peace
Posted By: KD800X

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 02:51 PM

God Bless his family. He his with God now.
Posted By: dwayne welder

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 03:31 PM

Posted By: PLUM BAD

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 04:46 PM

RIP
Posted By: poisondart2

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 04:50 PM

So sad to see this and prayers for the family
Posted By: Hemi Joe

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 05:16 PM

Sorry to hear that we lost another person from the MOPAR FAMILY - it has been a very very bad year for all of us! We need to be more aware about this cancer thing, you can hardly talk to anyone who does not have some one that they know or love that has not been effected.
Gods Speed and RIP. HEMI JOE
Posted By: barracuda man

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 05:54 PM

Posted By: B1Johnny

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 06:07 PM

RIP Randy
Posted By: Plumb Wired

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 06:38 PM

Rest in Peace Randy

My condolences to his family and friends.
Posted By: SCATPK

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 06:58 PM

Randy you will be missed!
Posted By: mikeysmopars

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 07:52 PM

Posted By: tex013

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 09:35 PM

damn , sorry to hear that for him and his family. enjoyed his input on this site .

Tex
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 09:57 PM

Picture from 2009 at the Donut Cutter on Woodward Avenue...Randy (Labratt) and Arik (Fluffy)...hard to believe they are both gone. ):

Randy's car and my Dart on Woodward, 2009:

Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 10:09 PM

Sad to hear this , it's something we hear to often , RIP , prayers for his Family and friends
Posted By: TurboMike

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 10:38 PM

R.I.P Randy
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/08/13 11:00 PM

I had the great pleasure to meet Randy a few times at woodward and at the SCS Harper Cruise. I can only say "WHAT A HECK OF A GUY"!!!!! I had mentioned that I travel to Mexico alot for work and every once in a while he would hit me on the PM and ask if all was good with me. From a guy that was battleing with his own stuff, just to ask me that speaks Infinity on how grat a person he IS, not was. There is alot to be learned from guys like Randy.

All the blessings in the world to Randy and his family, from mine.

And yes I have to read this from Mexico..

Scot B.
aka Kiddart

Attached picture 7952219-DSC02209A.JPG
Posted By: R_Blaha

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/09/13 12:03 AM

My condolences to Randy's family and friends. Always a good guy on this board, he will be missed. R.I.P. Randy
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/09/13 01:03 AM

Very sorry to hear this.
Posted By: LA360

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/09/13 01:18 AM

Very sorry to hear this, RIP
Posted By: Pentastar440

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/09/13 03:49 AM

Very sad for all of you who knew him, and for all of us who did not have that pleasure.
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/09/13 04:40 AM

Godspeed Randy, you will be missed.
Posted By: Sledge_57

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/09/13 07:24 AM

Crap this sucks, I just got back from Florida and this is the first post I read.... RIP buddy

Randy was one of the best guys I knew. I can't believe this, I thought he'd whip the big C's a$$...

First met Randy on Woodward, I bet we raced 5 times that day before hooking up at the Donut Cutter and meeting for real. Every time we'd cross paths after that we'd have a go and laugh like hell afterwards, loved that guy!

Don't have any pics of him but here's his "X" at one of our small Hines Drive cruises we used to do.

Posted By: 68KillerBee

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/09/13 03:05 PM

RIP mopar brother

He always seems like a happy go lucky/glass half full type person (if that makes sense).

Godspeed
Posted By: jake4cars

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/09/13 04:43 PM

Joey
Posted By: Dap

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/09/13 07:25 PM

Real sad news. Rest in peace Randy
Posted By: JIM500

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/10/13 04:41 AM

In my prayers....
Posted By: Chargerfan68

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/10/13 05:39 AM

So very sorry to hear this sad news. Another Mopar brother that we lost. RIP and we hope his family and close friends gather the strength.
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/10/13 06:34 AM

very sad prayers to his family and friends.
Posted By: plasticfantastic

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/10/13 06:07 PM

Honored to have been able to hang with him at Lapeer, watch him race, have him come to Milan and hang while I raced, to talk with him, he reached out when my father passed, he reached out when I had my surgery 3 months later... a little note here or there, always, How are you?
it amazed me that he would tell me about his treatments and how things were for him, but he always was more concerned about, How are you?

I will miss him greatly. Although its sad we lost a great man, I am thankful he is no longer in pain and is at rest.

Dont cry because its over, smile because it happened.

God speed Randy, til we see you again.
Posted By: cudarex

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/10/13 08:27 PM

So sorry to hear this. GOD bless him and family
Posted By: 65 Belv A990

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/10/13 11:54 PM

Only meet Randy in person just a few years back, but I will echo the sentiments here from those that knew him well. Never meet a friendlier guy and I’m sure he touched many lives in a positive way. No one knows why the Lord takes the good ones first but as other have said; God has a plan and must have a job for him to do. My condolences go out to his family and close friends.

RIP Randy and Godspeed, I hope your Hang’ in those hoops thru the Pearly Gates.
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/11/13 12:06 AM

what a loss for us all, I had only know Randy for a few years but I sure did enjoy talking to him on Moparts and at the Mopar events. He was a real joy to have known. R.I.P I will never forget

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/11/13 12:54 AM

Any info on funeral arrangements ?
Posted By: Randy..

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/11/13 02:28 AM

DANG! life is short Brothers and Sisters, give your family's all the love you can while you are here, R.I.P Randy.
Posted By: mopardamo

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/11/13 06:03 AM

Prayers for all of the family and friends. RIP

Damon
Posted By: sixpackbee

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/11/13 07:12 PM

God speed Randy.
Posted By: 1KoolBee

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/11/13 10:11 PM

Godspeed Randy, I never met you but its always tough to hear about a fellow Mopar brother go down this way. By the responses here, it's clear that you touched a lot of lives in a positive way. You're definitely missed. Thoughts & prayers to you & your family.

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/12/13 03:19 AM

Quote:

Any info on funeral arrangements ?

I spoke with Randys wife, Corinne. There will not be a funeral, only a private memorial service next Monday. Please keep Randy's family in your thoughts and prayers. I will be printing everyones sentiments for them to save and read when the time is right. Thank you all for sharing your memories and thank you again Ted and the rest of the mods for your understanding. Here is a pic from Randy's photo album.

Randy

Attached picture 7955918-group.jpg

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/12/13 03:32 AM

Thanks Randy (Dartin)

Great pic from the donut cutter with his GTX. That is my buddy Steve ( whiteynocar)next to me. Great pic of Labratt, p body and wife, Sean and yourself. I just saved that picture. I remember randy telling me to "move over" so the GTX letters would show up in the picture. LOL

Appreciate the update,

Doug

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/12/13 03:41 AM

Quote:

Thanks Randy (Dartin)

Great pic from the donut cutter with his GTX. That is my buddy Steve ( whiteynocar)next to me. Great pic of Labratt, p body and wife, Sean and yourself. I just saved that picture. I remember randy telling me to "move over" so the GTX letters would show up in the picture. LOL

Appreciate the update,

Doug

Yep... was a good day...... thanks for the update
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/12/13 03:50 AM

Very sorry to hear this....Prayers sent.
Posted By: CRIKEY

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/12/13 05:03 AM

Randy was very gracious with his time for me, for this I am very greatful.
Our thoughts are with his family & friends

GODSPEED RANDY

Tony
Posted By: hotairballoonpilot

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/12/13 03:56 PM

Never met him but he surely was one on here that you recognized his name and knew him. From what I have read in the past on his posts to reading that's replies I'm sorry I didn't meet him as he was one guy who was about others and not himself. Rip Randy. Watch over your family.
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/12/13 05:01 PM

So sad. Such a nice guy ..
Posted By: Whitey Nocar

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/13/13 03:07 AM

To his family.
I know how it feels to lose someone before their time. It hurts and you never get over it. Time will help, but now it's important to remember the fun times and try and share stories that make you laugh. Take comfort in knowing that he made such a favorable impression on so many people, myself included. Stay positive, he does not want you to be sad.
Race In Peace Randy.

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/13/13 05:06 AM

Quote:

To his family.
I know how it feels to lose someone before their time. It hurts and you never get over it. Time will help, but now it's important to remember the fun times and try and share stories that make you laugh. Take comfort in knowing that he made such a favorable impression on so many people, myself included. Stay positive, he does not want you to be sad.
Race In Peace Randy.

nicely said
Posted By: 340B5

Re: Heavy Heart - 12/13/13 05:21 PM

Sad. One of the good guys
Posted By: pattyboy 572

Re: Heavy Heart Update 12/11 - 12/13/13 10:11 PM

Never had the pleasure .had read many of his post, but after seeing the response and reading what many had posted ...I am surely most unfortunate not to have know him personally....rest in peace....
Posted By: lewtot184

Re: Heavy Heart Update 12/11 - 12/16/13 01:55 AM

i hate to hear this,...
Posted By: Mopar-Al

Re: Heavy Heart Update 12/11 - 12/16/13 04:00 AM

RIP Randy.
Posted By: hemidup

Re: Heavy Heart Update 12/11 - 12/19/13 04:29 AM

Sorry to hear. RIP Labrat and prayer's to his family.
© 2024 Moparts Forums