Moparts

methanol injection

Posted By: oldschoolracer

methanol injection - 11/27/13 04:16 PM

has anyone tried methanol injection on their race car and how did it work. this would be on a carb engine.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: methanol injection - 11/27/13 05:00 PM

Are you talking about straight Methanol or Meth/H20 (washer fluid)? I run a Snow Performance water/meth system. I mainly installed it because I'm at about 11.2:1 and I didn't want to drop $8/gallon on race gas when I'm at the track. It works well on the street too. Snow claims big HP gains w/ the system, I'm guess because you can run as much advance as you'd like. Here's a chart on a 426 Hemi. Here's a link to my set-up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYw2q7igDGs

Attached picture 7938212-dyno_chart-large_image-19.jpg
Posted By: SLOW67

Re: methanol injection - 11/27/13 10:44 PM

I've considered this as a alternative to intercooling. I am planning on going with air to water intercooler over my air to air but if this would work as good as an air to water it sure would save weight.
Posted By: Mopar_Rich

Re: methanol injection - 11/28/13 12:41 AM

Quote:

has anyone tried methanol injection on their race car and how did it work. this would be on a carb engine.

Assuming you mean switching entirely over - it's a great option for a race car as long as you are willing to handle the fuel system maintenance. I switched to gas in between races and had ZERO problems. Of course I was running EFI so I was able to keep it lean enough at idle to not milk the oil. Mechanical system usually run richer at idle. Engine ran much cooler too.
Posted By: BobR

Re: methanol injection - 11/28/13 03:14 AM

Quote:

I've considered this as a alternative to intercooling. I am planning on going with air to water intercooler over my air to air but if this would work as good as an air to water it sure would save weight.

Water doesn't burn. I've always thought that injecting into an engine is a bandaid. Straight methanol would be OK for me.
© 2024 Moparts Forums