Moparts

Oklahoma street boyz in town........................

Posted By: Thumperdart

Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/22/13 08:53 PM

The Oklahoma boyz are here and hopefully I can throw down a few `s tonight if I get the invite..........
Posted By: johnnycuda

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/22/13 09:22 PM

Hey,I heard they were here,my buddy that owns the Grey Mare Mustang is one of the cars supposed to run one of them....but with the rain who knows if it goes down this weekend.

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/22/13 09:28 PM

Apparently it`s postponed till next weekend but not sure.........

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/22/13 09:37 PM

That would make sense,I was told the race is over here in the AV?,,but I havent spoke to them.
Too bad you can't in on this deal.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/22/13 09:41 PM

Those guys must attract rain. It rained when they were here too.

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/22/13 09:43 PM

They did the tech thu. so if you missed it apparently you can`t race.

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/22/13 09:56 PM

I didn't know how they picked the cars,maybe by reputation or something?
I know that they put a rollbar in the Mare this week to pass tech,,,that car had ZERO safety equipment other than the stock seat belt,and I can guarantee it'll go 9's,,never been to a track as of yet.

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/22/13 10:03 PM

No doubt it`s going to be a circus act and VERY entertaining.......
Posted By: BradH

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/22/13 10:15 PM

Quote:

No doubt it`s going to be a circus act and VERY entertaining.......

So, reading this thread really quickly, the first couple of things that came to my mind were...
1. Who ever heard of tech inspection for a true STREET race?
2. Circus indeed... did the OK boyz bring their sheep with them?

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/22/13 10:16 PM

Yeah,if they let it out when and where,there would be hundreds probably there..supposedly each car/team gets to have 3 people there,,gotta give off that "we're breaking the law and being sneaky look" for the cameras.
I've already heard a few people complain or say whats the big deal,how come or why not let everybody show that wanted...can you imagine the amount of stupdity would show up,squirrels and so forth acting a fool to get on tv.

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/22/13 10:20 PM

Apparently Kevin from Unlimited Products is having a party/gathering at his house in Apple Valley tonight and I`m waiting on a call to see if a few friends and I can go hang out and bs with em. As far as the sheep, well I`ll let you know or get some pics..........
Posted By: dakotawilly

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/22/13 11:49 PM

while your there,mention if they ever get to these parts theres a "backwoods" 62 10.5 in tire car "floatin around these parts that would probably vaccum their wallets.......
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/23/13 01:13 AM

Quote:

while your there,mention if they ever get to these parts theres a "backwoods" 62 10.5 in tire car "floatin around these parts that would probably vaccum their wallets.......

He's raced with them before but with the Barracuda. That 62 would be a rock star on TV though, it would be like the Farm truck, but actually competitive...lol

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/23/13 01:25 AM

Quote:

Did I miss somethin...........
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/23/13 01:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Shawanda ----------

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/23/13 02:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Shawanda ----------

WHAT?
Posted By: headhunter

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/23/13 02:34 AM

shes an awnry old girl
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/23/13 02:43 AM

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu...ture%3Dyoutu.be

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/23/13 02:55 AM

Damn, that thing`s a BEAST..............
Posted By: racerx

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/23/13 05:20 AM

Quote:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu...ture%3Dyoutu.be

That is a bada$$ ride though
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/23/13 05:26 AM

Quote:

Didn't stop them from losing then hahaha

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/23/13 06:19 PM

Never got the call so not sure what happened but I`ll see what I can dig up later.............
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/23/13 07:38 PM

Quote:

As much as I like Junior and as "bad" as Shawanda is.........he has nothing for the top 4 or 5 cars on "the list"

Monte
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/23/13 08:08 PM

I do! Right here in Crooklyn NY baby. I'll run every one of them back to back................. ON FOOT. Take their lunch money like The Grinch.

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/23/13 09:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Didn't stop them from losing then hahaha

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/23/13 10:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

As much as I like Junior and as "bad" as Shawanda is.........he has nothing for the top 4 or 5 cars on "the list"

Monte

Totally correct!
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/24/13 02:50 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

I wouldn't bet on that.....
Posted By: imfixinmopars426

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/24/13 03:13 AM

what times would you have to run,to be competitive in the top 5 cars?8.50's? 8's?

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/24/13 03:25 AM

Quote:

what times would you have to run,to be competitive in the top 5 cars?8.50's? 8's?

Rumor has it they`re bringing some 6-7 second 1/4 mile cars although it`s an 1/8th mile race............just what I heard but with all of the rain who knows when it`s all goin down........
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/24/13 03:47 AM

what ever happened to the tv show
Posted By: 67Satty

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/24/13 04:14 AM

The show starts again on Monday December, 2.
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/24/13 07:16 AM

Quote:

Big tire car that runs at least 7.50's and hooks on the street would be pretty competitive I'd think.
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/24/13 07:22 AM

Quote:

but with all of the rain who knows when it`s all goin down........

The last I heard is that its still on for tomorrow (Sunday 11/24) night..
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/24/13 07:17 PM

Quote:

The show starts again on Monday December, 2.

on which channel??

i think the one set of shows i saw was on something like the National Geographic channel.

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/24/13 07:17 PM

Yep,set for tonight, ,apparently some fun was tried last night in Compton,but was shut down before any hits were made. I heard probably a thousand or more was there...no wonder it got just down.
Posted By: MPerry

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/24/13 07:21 PM

Street Outlaws : Discovery Channel

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/25/13 03:18 AM

Its going down tonight in Lancaster..CHP had the street blocked and a bunch of lights setup pointed at the road....kinda funny since there's nothing at all out there,not even utility poles

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/25/13 04:15 AM

Quote:

Its going down tonight in Lancaster..CHP had the street blocked and a bunch of lights setup pointed at the road....kinda funny since there's nothing at all out there,not even utility poles

Even funnier that there is nothing outlaw about that. I know I know it's a TV show

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/25/13 05:03 AM

Quote:

Are you talking about that road in the middle of nowhere where some u-yube vids were shot of little Donnie and others? Was out there when Big Willie was startin races a few years back........

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/25/13 05:07 AM

This road is a couple miles outside of town...was the one you're talking about at the LA and San Bern county lines?
Posted By: MoparBilly

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/25/13 03:10 PM

Quote:

Brad,
You are showing your east coast ignorance. As a guy who was raised in Oklahoma (home of the fastest street racers in the world), I can assure you no one is going to transport their sheep 2000 miles when Cali sheep are available. Roth didn't sing "Wish they all could be California Sheep" for nothing.

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/25/13 03:47 PM

Quote:

This road is a couple miles outside of town...was the one you're talking about at the LA and San Bern county lines?

Yes, a friend and myself had a drag race scene in a local movie there a while back...............
Posted By: BradH

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/25/13 04:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Brad,
You are showing your east coast ignorance. As a guy who was raised in Oklahoma (home of the fastest street racers in the world), I can assure you no one is going to transport their sheep 2000 miles when Cali sheep are available. Roth didn't sing "Wish they all could be California Sheep" for nothing.

Sounds like a couple of and we could come up with some "highly entertaining" alternative lyrics for that Beach Boys classic...

Oh, for the record, I've also lived in San Diego, LA, Oakland (Alameda, actually), Corvallis OR, Portland OR and Whidbey Island WA.

See, I'm NOT just an east coaster; it's simply where I ended up (again) after years of moving around.

But I don't deny the "ignorance" part, regardless...
Posted By: Gary Robbins

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/25/13 05:38 PM

Heard the 405 opened a can of whoop-azz on the cali boys,hehehe!!

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/25/13 06:14 PM

Quote:

Heard the same...........also heard the show folks offered $5.000 for them to "lay down"...........After all it is a tv show like the rest of the crap out there. Believe half of what you see and NOTHING you hear.........
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/25/13 08:09 PM

Here is a little more fuel for the "gossip" fire..

https://www.facebook.com/pages/818-1320/145944485543921

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/25/13 09:09 PM

Quote:

Here is a little more fuel for the "gossip" fire..

https://www.facebook.com/pages/818-1320/145944485543921

Little Donnie said it was legit and the "lay down" rumors were just that.........rumors.

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/25/13 09:40 PM

Yep,I talked to Dustin,(Lunchbox) and he said the same,just rumors started by who the hell knows.
The Grey Mare ran up against Chuck in the white Mustang,the Mare pulled the wheels off the ground but when it came down it was pointed towards the dirt on the right,hit the dirt and had to peddle,,and Chuck went by.
The race was definitely in Chuck's favor,his car having a 29x11.50 tire,a 460in. SBC on 2 kits, while the Mare is a 302 block,a stick shift,a 28x9 tire and is naturally aspirated.

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/25/13 09:56 PM

Ya Donnie said his car stood straight up and his ft. tire landed in the dirt so he too lifted againtsed the Murder Nova...........Ya win some, ya loose some and you`ve got to hand it to the Oklahoma boys.

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/25/13 11:24 PM

Sounds about right,I thought from the getgo that road was too narrow for fast cars,two narrow lanes,then a dirt shoulder,then a whole big bunch of desert on both sides.
Who knows what would've happened on a wider road,but woulda,coulda and shoulda don't win races and OKC did what they said they would.
I thought the Mare was going to run the Farmtruck,but he didn't even make the trip out to Cali.

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/26/13 03:27 AM

I was told those guys made it down very well on OUR turf...........that`s gonna leave a mark for sure but kudos to em..........
Posted By: Exit1965

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/26/13 03:31 AM

Quote:

Yep,set for tonight, ,apparently some fun was tried last night in Compton,but was shut down before any hits were made. I heard probably a thousand or more was there...no wonder it got just down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD9mbnqXYuA
Posted By: racerx

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 11/26/13 05:29 AM

800 some odd people that's alot of folks no wonder they couldn't get them off...........Nice video anyway

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 12/14/13 06:58 PM

Quote:

Figured I`d fuel the fire again...............I talked to a few peeps that were there racers included and the 405 boys did indeed spend a full day prepping their lane only, no testing for us and THEY picked the races and there was no lane swapping Mr. Robbins as you stated..........plain and simple. Heros? Hardly.....street cars? Ya right w/straight exhaust. Intertaining..........indeed. One more thing...........on the new show in which they raced the Texas guys, the 405 boys got their panties in a bunch about them wanting to prep their lane stating that "this is a street race.....no prepping the lane" yet when they raced us they prepped the WHOLE lane and played w/their laptops to get down the street............just keepin it real.

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 12/14/13 10:18 PM

See? They paid attention when they were here getting hustled.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 12/14/13 10:45 PM

It's to bad that the show producers are more interested in the shows rating than letting the street racers run on a even keel, show the real deal in other words Anytime Hollywood gets involve it shows

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 12/15/13 01:05 AM

Quote:

It's to bad that the show producers are more interested in the shows rating than letting the street racers run on a even keel, show the real deal in other words Anytime Hollywood gets involve it shows

Fact and Little Donnie told the Murder Nova driver to turn off the cameras and try it again for however much money was needed.........
Posted By: Harley

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 12/15/13 02:25 AM

Looks like the road worked for them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKl9-4uO1KE
Posted By: Challenger

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 12/15/13 04:49 PM

According to the video looks like OKC boys got down both lanes ok even though one wasn't prepped! LOL!
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 12/15/13 05:04 PM

Quote:

According to the video looks like OKC boys got down both lanes ok even though one wasn't prepped! LOL!

Yep, can't argue with the video.
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 12/15/13 05:30 PM

I love that '71(?) Pontiac.
Posted By: Eric

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 12/15/13 05:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Yep, can't argue with the video.

That's what I saw..
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 12/15/13 06:35 PM

I've watched the show a few times, it is a wonder that they can even get moving on a typical pavement road. One thing that I have a question on is what's the deal on the green and red lights in the drivers window, don't they know there suppose to be under the car.

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 12/15/13 07:42 PM

Quote:

Can`t deny that..............Just goin by what I was told and I was told "wrong".........my bad.
Posted By: Gary Robbins

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 12/15/13 08:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Figured I`d fuel the fire again...............I talked to a few peeps that were there racers included and the 405 boys did indeed spend a full day prepping their lane only, no testing for us and THEY picked the races and there was no lane swapping Mr. Robbins as you stated..........plain and simple. Heros? Hardly.....street cars? Ya right w/straight exhaust. Intertaining..........indeed. One more thing...........on the new show in which they raced the Texas guys, the 405 boys got their panties in a bunch about them wanting to prep their lane stating that "this is a street race.....no prepping the lane" yet when they raced us they prepped the WHOLE lane and played w/their laptops to get down the street............just keepin it real.

LMFAO...THUMPER,u need a new information agent,lol...traction was so bad in the right lane ur man donny stood his vega up(Ya gonna pull his nuts off if you don't let go)...One more time,their spot,their match ups and "YES THEY DID SWITCH LANES WITH THE SAME OUTCOME"...Actually,the races were not even close,but if done again would outcome be the same,maybe not as everyone gets beat sometimes and this race the OKC guys put a beat down on the CALI guys ...Oh Yea,whats up with the Mr sh** ,i know i'm old ,but damn

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 12/15/13 10:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

LMFAO...THUMPER,u need a new information agent,lol...traction was so bad in the right lane ur man donny stood his vega up(Ya gonna pull his nuts off if you don't let go)...One more time,their spot,their match ups and "YES THEY DID SWITCH LANES WITH THE SAME OUTCOME"...Actually,the races were not even close,but if done again would outcome be the same,maybe not as everyone gets beat sometimes and this race the OKC guys put a beat down on the CALI guys ...Oh Yea,whats up with the Mr sh** ,i know i'm old ,but damn

Again, I screwed up thinking what I was told was real.........I was wrong...........AGAIN! Mr. just makes sense sometimes..........
Posted By: Harley

Re: Oklahoma street boyz in town........................ - 12/15/13 11:40 PM

The black pickup looks like it is on a rail. It looks like he is the fastest of all of them.
© 2024 Moparts Forums