Moparts

CNC porting

Posted By: T-Fish

CNC porting - 11/06/13 01:46 AM

Who do you guys trust to do CNC porting on your cylinder heads?
Posted By: Crizila

Re: CNC porting - 11/06/13 02:30 AM

Quote:

I just trusted Hughes.

Attached picture 7913616-eddy4.jpg
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: CNC porting - 11/06/13 02:35 AM

the one the only BRETT MILLER
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: CNC porting - 11/06/13 03:10 AM

Quote:

I've had Modern Cylinder Heads,586-468-7914, do three different types of BB Mopar heads,Eddy RPM, B1-BS and two sets of 440-1 They all made great power on the dyno and went fast at the track, faster than some others on here I believe
Posted By: BradH

Re: CNC porting - 11/06/13 04:21 AM

FWIW, who I trust to work on my heads has nothing to do with whether they CNC port them or not.

What type of heads are you talking about?

Re: CNC porting - 11/06/13 06:30 AM

Eddy Victors.
Posted By: d7cook

Re: CNC porting - 11/06/13 06:43 AM

Here's Moderns.

Posted By: roadhazard

Re: CNC porting - 11/06/13 02:14 PM

Why is the port divider wall so narrow?
Do you have a measurement you can share on the width of that?
Posted By: jlatessa

Re: CNC porting - 11/06/13 03:12 PM

And what head is that with no pushrod bulge?
Nice!

Joe
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: CNC porting - 11/06/13 03:28 PM

Quote:

And what head is that with no pushrod bulge?
Nice!

Joe

Edelbrock Victor or Victor copy
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: CNC porting - 11/06/13 03:30 PM

Modern here for both wedge and Hemi.

Re: CNC porting - 11/06/13 04:28 PM

Quote:

Eddy Victors.

Standard-size port or Max Wedge?

Re: CNC porting - 11/06/13 04:29 PM

Quote:

I wondered the same thing... looks too narrow IMO for adequate gasket sealing surface.

EDIT: Yeah, I know WHY it's narrow, but still was concerned about sealing issues.

Re: CNC porting - 11/06/13 04:45 PM

Quote:

Do you have a measurement you can share on the width of that?

I don't mean to sound like a smart a$$ but to make the port bigger. Only so much space to work with. They started out life as standard port Victors.

Yes it is thin but I've ran them this thin on other heads without a problem. You have to be careful cutting out gaskets but I've never had a problem with the gasket blowing out. I'll measure the width tonight.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=7185404
Posted By: DaveDudek

Re: CNC porting - 11/06/13 08:05 PM

Modern Cylinder Head
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: CNC porting - 11/06/13 08:59 PM

I though the same thing,thin divider wall.Not only do you have to be carefull with the gasket fit but manifold match also.Keeping that alignment you may find it nescessary to add alignment dowels to the head and manifold to make sure it it returned to that precise position when it is removed and replaced.Why not start with heads that are cast for large ports to begin with?

Re: CNC porting - 11/07/13 12:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Eddy Victors.

They are the standard ports. One of the ports has been opened up to Max Wedge size so the rest will need to be done.

Re: CNC porting - 11/07/13 05:55 AM

Quote:

I though the same thing,thin divider wall.Not only do you have to be carefull with the gasket fit but manifold match also.Keeping that alignment you may find it nescessary to add alignment dowels to the head and manifold to make sure it it returned to that precise position when it is removed and replaced.Why not start with heads that are cast for large ports to begin with?

2.725x1.44 port size. 1.1 divider. Yes it's thin but I've had them that thin before without a problem. You are correct in that I use a dowel. I always drill a dowel when I port match and intake to a set of heads. I have two intake set ups right now. One is a 400-2 with spacers and I counter sunk the inner two bolt holes and use flat head screws which locates it. I drilled and tapped two additional bolts inboard to bolt the intake to the spacers. Other wise you can't get the long bolts to work with the port wrapping around the inner two bolt holes. The other intake is a super victor that I haven't port matched yet.

As far as which ports to start with Modern asked that the std port heads be provided even though they were gong to MW. I assume its easier to take a thicker cut off the aluminum.
Posted By: RAMM

Re: CNC porting - 11/07/13 12:54 PM

I don't see how that is possible considering the Eddy's are two seperate castings with the pushrod hole machined in a different position. This is probably why your center divider is thin-because they are std. port Victors. J.Rob

Re: CNC porting - 11/07/13 03:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Eddy Victors.

They are the standard ports. One of the ports has been opened up to Max Wedge size so the rest will need to be done.

Combination details? I'm asking because I did some research into what CNC offerings are out there for Victors (not many) and what I did find was predominantly for MW-sized ports anyway.

Some seemed focused more on big high-lift #s (e.g. Speier Racing Heads), whereas the Hughes program seems more oriented to more moderate lift requirements.

Re: CNC porting - 11/07/13 03:53 PM

Quote:

I don't see how that is possible considering the Eddy's are two seperate castings with the pushrod hole machined in a different position. This is probably why your center divider is thin-because they are std. port Victors. J.Rob

The same rocker is used for both heads so I don't see how the pushrod hole could be different. I've never had std port and a MW port head next to one another to compare though.

Re: CNC porting - 11/07/13 04:02 PM

All I can add is that T&D now specifies two different part #s for Victor heads depending on MW vs. standard, and the MW version uses an intake rocker w/ more offset.

Re: CNC porting - 11/07/13 04:17 PM

Quote:

All I can add is that T&D now specifies two different part #s for Victor heads depending on MW vs. standard, and the MW version uses an intake rocker w/ more offset.

OK, you're right then the MW pushrod hole must be moved .075" outboard I assume. When I bought these heads I think the MW version had just come out.

Re: CNC porting - 11/07/13 04:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Eddy Victors.

Combination details? I'm asking because I did some research into what CNC offerings are out there for Victors (not many) and what I did find was predominantly for MW-sized ports anyway.

Some seemed focused more on big high-lift #s (e.g. Speier Racing Heads), whereas the Hughes program seems more oriented to more moderate lift requirements.

The combination will be a 500", 12-1 with about a 670 lift solid.

Re:MCH CNC ported 440-1 VS Eddy M.W.Victor - 11/07/13 07:33 PM

Quote:

I have both sets of heads in this picture, CNC ported 440-1 and a stock unported set of Victor M.W.

Attached picture 7915548-SANY0170.JPG

Stock unported Eddy M.W.Victor. - 11/07/13 07:36 PM

This may be a better picture of the stock Eddy Victor M.W. intake ports showing the stock divider

Attached picture 7915555-SANY0172.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums