Moparts

Roller Rockers - what's going on?

Posted By: ArcticCuda

Roller Rockers - what's going on? - 12/18/08 07:33 PM

Comp Cams 1321-16 roller rockers has been in back order since August. Now I tried to buy Crane 64792-1 rockers. Answer: Availabele after 7 weeks...

What is going on? Do I have to buy China Rockers.

Pepe / Finland Europe
Posted By: RacerGofKGB

Re: Roller Rockers - what's going on? - 12/18/08 07:41 PM

Purchased some Harland sharp rockers from summit about a month ago. They showed up the next day.
Posted By: moepwr

Re: Roller Rockers - what's going on? - 12/18/08 07:43 PM

I had that problem earlier this fall. I ended up buying some crane gold 1.6 off ebag. Turned out to be a local moparts member He told me that the shafts were coming in out of spec (turned down too much if I remember correctly) from china that is why they are on back order. Not sure but everywhere I checked they were on back order. I am very happy with mine.
Posted By: Hughes

Re: Roller Rockers - what's going on? - 12/18/08 08:04 PM

We have plenty of rockers in stock (1510S-16). Guarenteed for life against breaking and a very nice complete kit. Order them yet this week and I will give you free shipping inside Cont. USA.
Ask for Kevin or Tim.

Attached picture 4887134-TheHughesLogofourth.jpg
Posted By: YO7_A66

Re: Roller Rockers - what's going on? - 12/18/08 11:05 PM

Hughes,
Can you give us some basic spec's on the 1506S & 1510S rocker kits? (max spring pressures, max spring od's, etc.)
Do you machine these in house?
What spec of aluminum do these have?
They look like nice sets, are these stock type replacements?
Are they bushed or are they roller bearings?

Thanks
Posted By: dizuster

Re: Roller Rockers - what's going on? - 12/18/08 11:29 PM

I had hughes guaranteed for life billet small block rockers around '01, broke one, and then I was told that they didn't have them anymore. They gave me standard extruded rockers as a replacement, but I lost my guarantee for life...

Just my
Posted By: BradH

Re: Roller Rockers - what's going on? - 12/18/08 11:48 PM

Quote:

Hughes,
Can you give us some basic spec's on the 1506S & 1510S rocker kits? (max spring pressures, max spring od's, etc.)
Do you machine these in house?
What spec of aluminum do these have?
They look like nice sets, are these stock type replacements?
Are they bushed or are they roller bearings?

Not Hughes, but I run them on my Challenger:
- I use them w/ 1.55" OD springs and there is adequate clearance
- Don't know the max pressure, but I'm using them on the street w/ approx. 400#s open on a .600" solid flat-tappet
- They're made by a company that also manufactures rockers for other brands, pistons, etc.
- 2024-T3511
- Stock-type replacement part, although you wouldn't want to use them on OEM shafts IMO
- Neither bushed nor roller bearings; they ride on the fulcrum machined into the main body of the rocker (just like a Crane "gold" rocker)
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Roller Rockers - what's going on? - 12/18/08 11:49 PM

Step up and get the herland-sharps.....you won`t be dissapointed.

Attached picture 4887530-domtrack.jpg
Posted By: BradH

Re: Roller Rockers - what's going on? - 12/18/08 11:50 PM

Quote:

Step up and get the herland-sharps.....you won`t be dissapointed.

And, then again, you might be...
Posted By: Scamp408

Re: Roller Rockers - what's going on? - 12/18/08 11:56 PM

I have the hughes rockers very nice.I think they are made by probe ind for hughes only.
Posted By: Brian Hafliger

Re: Roller Rockers - what's going on? - 12/19/08 12:45 AM

Crane is changing the design of their mopar rockers and shafts....Comp rockers and hardware is available, just get shafts and assemble them yourself.
Comp won't have shafts for a while...
HS rockers IMO, and from what little I see of them, have a not so great geometry...they like to hang off the edge of the valve tip.
Haven't tried any of Hughes stuff yet, but I have tried Racer Brown's rockers and they are very nice!!
Brian
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Roller Rockers - what's going on? - 12/19/08 12:53 AM

My h/s`s did start a bit inboard on the valve tip but after using lash caps, they seem to be fine......many street miles and several passes and all looks well.

Attached picture 4887643-domtrack.jpg
Posted By: Brian Hafliger

Re: Roller Rockers - what's going on? - 12/19/08 04:11 AM

Quote:

My h/s`s did start a bit inboard on the valve tip but after using lash caps, they seem to be fine......many street miles and several passes and all looks well.

The BB's are better than the SB's...not much but some!
I wish HS would re-design their rocker bodies and do like TD and offer a smaller shaft with sleeves to fit the pedestals and offer 1.7 as a shelf and not a special "lets charge out the ying yang" price!
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Roller Rockers - what's going on? - 12/19/08 05:06 AM

the HS rockers for a BB are a tad long when used on OE or Edelbrock heads.
still usable, but not the ideal contact pattern.

however, they fit the Indy heads quite nicely.
basically perfect roller placement and plenty of spring/retainer clearance.

the ICH rockers seem to be split the difference in the length between the shaft centerline and the roller tip centerline compared to the longer HS rockers, and the noticably shorter Crane and Comp rockers.

attached is a HS rocker on an Indy head.

Attached picture 4888248-IMG_1209.JPG
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Roller Rockers - what's going on? - 12/19/08 01:10 PM

Quote:

I had hughes guaranteed for life billet small block rockers around '01, broke one, and then I was told that they didn't have them anymore. They gave me standard extruded rockers as a replacement, but I lost my guarantee for life...

Just my

that would TICK ME OFF!
Posted By: formula S

Re: Roller Rockers - what's going on? - 12/19/08 02:37 PM

Just for another source, you might try here http://www.rockerarms.com/ I used them for rebushing A set of hemi rockers and I had them hard chrome the shafts. everything looked great and they do have new rockers for sale for several applications
Posted By: dizuster

Re: Roller Rockers - what's going on? - 12/19/08 05:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Just my

that would TICK ME OFF!

That's only the rocker arm portion of the story, I won't get into the 3 cams...
Posted By: Hughes

Re: Roller Rockers - what's going on? - 12/19/08 05:14 PM

Our rockers are all CNC'd. They are made in the USA. They do not use bushing or needle Bearings. We banana groove the shafts so you get full oil pressure all across the surface of the rocker.
Years ago we sold some rockers made by Dove. They were extrude honed. If Dizuster had one of those and they broke we would have replaced it with one of those or referred him to Dove. The new ones are all CNC'd. For super high spring pressures we suggest having us get them Cryo treated.
Kevin@ Hughes

Attached picture 4888855-TheHughesLogofourth.jpg
Posted By: SuperStocker

Re: Roller Rockers - what's going on? - 12/19/08 05:20 PM

I have used the Hughes stuff before with 660lbs.+ open pressure and 7800rpm. Never a problem.
Posted By: Scamp408

Re: Roller Rockers - what's going on? - 12/19/08 07:33 PM

Is hughes going to start making w2/w5 or indy small blk stuff?
© 2024 Moparts Forums