Moparts

CAMLOCK OR LATCH LINK HARNESS?

Posted By: mopars rule

CAMLOCK OR LATCH LINK HARNESS? - 12/18/08 04:35 AM

Do you guys prefer Camlock or Latch Link type locks on your harness. I have been thinking about using camlock type anyone have a reason or bad experience not too?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: CAMLOCK OR LATCH LINK HARNESS? - 12/18/08 04:39 AM

don't see a whole lot of difference between the two. it's just what your wallet can deal with. i will say that that latch link is alot more easy on your chest when you open it.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: CAMLOCK OR LATCH LINK HARNESS? - 12/18/08 04:41 AM

I love my camlock and I've run both. But with the
camlock I can hook up lap belts with the crotch
belt and just have the shoulder straps laying over
my shoulders till I get ready to pull out of the
lanes into the burnout box then plug them in. This
way I can lean forwards or sideways if need be
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: CAMLOCK OR LATCH LINK HARNESS? - 12/18/08 04:43 AM

camlock..easier to put on.,,I think even tho they are seperate than trying to latch all over 1 lever..I like the release better with a camlock..easier

there are two types of cam locks..I have had both..I like the lever cam lock that Simpson makes..the other is a rotorary which is ok too
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: CAMLOCK OR LATCH LINK HARNESS? - 12/18/08 05:14 AM

Camlock here...I was a latch link guy forever, did not want to pay the camlock price. Well one set changed my mind.
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: CAMLOCK OR LATCH LINK HARNESS? - 12/18/08 05:26 AM

I'm a latch link guy myself. I tried a couple camlocks and either couldn't get the hang of it, it didn't like me, or something.

Just found the latch link style easier to use.
Posted By: rowin4

Re: CAMLOCK OR LATCH LINK HARNESS? - 12/18/08 05:31 AM

Quote:

don't see a whole lot of difference between the two. it's just what your wallet can deal with. i will say that that latch link is alot more easy on your chest when you open it.

Come on b0b, ,there like night and day. the latch type is like driving a model A compared to the cam lock belts. The cam lock is a little more on the price but not having to fumble around trying to get 5 belts togeather is worth it . Just try a cam loc belt once and you'll have your order in that day.
Posted By: cyphre666

Re: CAMLOCK OR LATCH LINK HARNESS? - 12/18/08 05:50 AM

Camlock for me
Like Mr. P Body,
The last thing I hook up are the shoulder belts
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: CAMLOCK OR LATCH LINK HARNESS? - 12/18/08 06:19 AM

camlock!
I used to have someone else strap me in, but i can do it by myself now with the camlock.
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: CAMLOCK OR LATCH LINK HARNESS? - 12/18/08 07:12 AM

Quote:

Attached picture 4886433-09-111(2).JPG
Posted By: therocks

Re: CAMLOCK OR LATCH LINK HARNESS? - 12/18/08 11:48 AM

Cam lock here also.I have a 5 point in the 65 and the kid has the same in the 62.Both street driven.Makes it easy.Rocky
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: CAMLOCK OR LATCH LINK HARNESS? - 12/18/08 01:20 PM

I bought some cam locks years ago as I had a coupon that basically got them for 1/2 off. Only thing was that they (Deist) really got me on the recert 2yrs later. Nearly 90 bucks with shipping. IF you want to go cam locks do your homework and figure out who charges what to recert them.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: CAMLOCK OR LATCH LINK HARNESS? - 12/18/08 01:47 PM

Quote:

I bought some cam locks years ago as I had a coupon that basically got them for 1/2 off. Only thing was that they (Deist) really got me on the recert 2yrs later. Nearly 90 bucks with shipping. IF you want to go cam locks do your homework and figure out who charges what to recert them.

RJS charges me $49 to re-cert my camlock belts.
They are local to me so I usually drop them
off and pick them up in a day or two. I'm sure you
have to pay shipping on top of that price(I think)
http://www.rjsracing.com/5point.html
Posted By: MegaDart

Re: CAMLOCK OR LATCH LINK HARNESS? - 12/18/08 05:29 PM

I bought my RJS camlocks from Summit for $109 with racer discount. When I got them the tag was already 3 months old so I called and complained they gave me another $30 off! I just had them recerted for $49 and that included return shipping and had them back in less then 7days!!

RJS has one of the smoothest operating camlocks, Gforce and simpson are also very good.
I have RCI platinum camlocks in my dragster and I don't like them much. The webbing is so stiff they have belt "creep" I had to zip tie the lap belts to keep them from moving. The only good thing is they are reasonably priced and come with one free recert.
Posted By: Jacob Pitt

Re: CAMLOCK OR LATCH LINK HARNESS? - 12/18/08 05:41 PM

RJS belts are also made in the USA. I prefer the latch style myself. My dad got burned pretty bad when he was in my Aunt's Willys when it caught on fire. It had camlock belts in it. He tried to lean away from the fire but then couldn't get the belts to come undone. He had to sit down in the fire to undo the belts. Of course this was a long time ago. But still he would never let me buy camlocks, so I still don't.
Posted By: The Shadow

Re: CAMLOCK OR LATCH LINK HARNESS? - 12/18/08 06:53 PM

Quote:

I do the same
© 2024 Moparts Forums