Moparts

Hemi Hone plate??

Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Hemi Hone plate?? - 12/18/08 12:39 AM

Where is the best place to buy a large Bore (4.5 inch+) Hemi torque plate, without breaking the bank? Me and another guy wants to go in halves on one, Our local machinist doesn't have one of these. I'm sure he can get one, but If we buy one we might get some free machine work on trade, he does real good work, and just bought a new crank grinder, and I don't think he would use it often around here anyways.

Thanks
Bob
Posted By: CRE2004

Re: Hemi Hone plate?? - 12/18/08 12:45 AM

Bob,
What do you consider "breaking the bank"
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Hemi Hone plate?? - 12/18/08 01:06 AM

Well
I figured we could pickup one even (used) if possible. I was trying to keep the price down under $200 each, or $400 total. Is this in line with whats out there?
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Hemi Hone plate?? - 12/18/08 01:11 AM

We just bored out our standard deck plate so we could use it on 4.560 bores.We also bored out one to use to indicate for o-ring grooves in the deck and block.
Posted By: CRE2004

Re: Hemi Hone plate?? - 12/18/08 01:27 AM

Quote:

Well
I figured we could pickup one even (used) if possible. I was trying to keep the price down under $200 each, or $400 total. Is this in line with whats out there?

The cheapo Goodson wedge plates are about 450 bux each and would require mods and the BHJ hemi plate retails at 550 each
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Hemi Hone plate?? - 12/18/08 05:03 PM

Pioneer, Inc in Mississippi sells an assortment of torque plates. But I'm at work and don't have thier performance catalog to check specifics. I believe they had 2 styles to choose from last time I checked. Ask for Jimmy Walton.

Pioneer, Inc.
© 2024 Moparts Forums