Moparts

Halloween Classic, SMP in Norwalk, OH...who's going?

Posted By: RonTheAnnouncer

Halloween Classic, SMP in Norwalk, OH...who's going? - 10/06/13 04:56 PM

http://www.summitmotorsportspark.com/ind...79/-/-?Itemid=1

Hard to believe the start of the 40th Hallowee...excuse me, the "Quick Fuel Technologies Halloween Classic XXXX present by Harland Sharp" is two weeks away. Warm up race Sunday the 20th, party/cornhole tourney on Monday, motorhome race on Tuesday, and racing almost round the clock from Wednesday on til Sunday the 27th. I'll be announcing Thursday afternoon thru Sunday when we're done. Who's going to make the trip to the party/social event occasionally interrupted by racing.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Halloween Classic, SMP in Norwalk, OH...who's going? - 10/06/13 08:03 PM

Matt and I and about 30 other Friends will be pulling in on the 20th and spending the week. Pittsburgh Raceway Parks Halloween race starts this Thursday and runs thru next Sunday. Just got back from the Shakedown at the Summit 30 minutes ago.
October is one crazy month
Posted By: RonTheAnnouncer

Re: Halloween Classic, SMP in Norwalk, OH...who's going? - 10/08/13 12:47 PM

October is crazy! Now I see where Dragway 42, Pittsburgh, Quaker, and National Trail all have Halloween races a week or two before Norwalk's. Us northerners gotta get all the racing in we can before we have to
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Halloween Classic, SMP in Norwalk, OH...who's going? - 10/08/13 04:30 PM

Not Norwalk, but I'll be headed to the Halloween Classic In Boise tomorrow. The race at Firebird is patterned after the Norwalk race and is always a good time.
Posted By: ChuckT

Re: Halloween Classic, SMP in Norwalk, OH...who's going? - 10/08/13 07:14 PM

It's a shame that this weekend got stacked up, making racers choose. That's all I got to say about that, in the words of Forest Gump.

I'll be there, in the Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday races, Sportsman for the main event. I don't know what car I'm racing yet though.

Re: Halloween Classic, SMP in Norwalk, OH...who's going? - 10/17/13 05:20 PM

Racers from PA, and anyone heading west, just a heads up, the PA turnpike will close midnight this Saturday until 5am Sunday morning, between Beaver Falls and New Castle.

http://www.paturnpike.com/constructionprojects/mp12to14/advisory.asp
Posted By: Hunted Duck

Re: Halloween Classic, SMP in Norwalk, OH...who's going? - 10/17/13 11:14 PM

If the weather is decent I plan on going up next Friday after work and staying the weekend. I assume I can enter the classic next Friday?

Re: Halloween Classic, SMP in Norwalk, OH...who's going? - 10/18/13 01:10 PM

I believe you can (I'd check with NRP), but if you're going late on Friday, you're not getting any time trials at all. There is 1 time trial session Friday morning for all classes, then the preentered gamblers races. There are no time trials before the main event starts Saturday morning.
Posted By: cudasteve68

Re: Halloween Classic, SMP in Norwalk, OH...who's going? - 10/18/13 04:51 PM

Quote:

If the weather is decent I plan on going up next Friday after work and staying the weekend. I assume I can enter the classic next Friday?

When I use to race I did That for a few years.
I think you have plenty of data on that car not to worry a bout a time trial. Not to mention the ablity to drive the finish line. If I recall I owe you from the No-Box race a few years ago when you schooled me in the money round.
Posted By: Hunted Duck

Re: Halloween Classic, SMP in Norwalk, OH...who's going? - 10/22/13 01:23 AM

Every now and then I get lucky Steve .
© 2024 Moparts Forums