Moparts

2014 Mopar Races

Posted By: wrightracing

2014 Mopar Races - 09/21/13 02:13 PM

Have heard that there will be a 2014 Columbus Ohio winter swap meet. Has anybody heard about 2014 races. I think everybody is ready to put 2013 to rest with all the bad scheduling, bad weather, bad turn outs, bad communications, entry fees, pay outs or lack there of. 2014 has to be better, or we will not have any events to attend or want to attend.
Posted By: cgall

Re: 2014 Mopar Races - 09/21/13 03:02 PM

After the debacle at Indy this year, I decided to just stay local for the rest of the year. Next year if I travel to any races, it will be the No-Box at Lyons and maybe Footbrake at Bristol. I don't care at all for Mopar specific races any more, if I'm going to put out $500 for a weekend, I want a shot at winning $5K or better.
Posted By: Bratt Racing

Re: 2014 Mopar Races - 09/21/13 03:36 PM

Quote:

Have heard that there will be a 2014 Columbus Ohio winter swap meet. Has anybody heard about 2014 races. I think everybody is ready to put 2013 to rest with all the bad scheduling, bad weather, bad turn outs, bad communications, entry fees, pay outs or lack there of. 2014 has to be better, or we will not have any events to attend or want to attend.

We heard a rumor that Mo-Power Events will be back in 2014 with a full race schedule. Guess we will have to wait a see what happens.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: 2014 Mopar Races - 09/21/13 03:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

We heard a rumor that Mo-Power Events will be back in 2014 with a full race schedule. Guess we will have to wait a see what happens.

hopefully they will be timely in their decision so I can have time to schedule my vacation time so I have a chance to decide how to plan my summer.
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: 2014 Mopar Races - 09/21/13 04:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Posted By: max_maniac

Re: 2014 Mopar Races - 09/21/13 04:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Russ
Posted By: dartman366

Re: 2014 Mopar Races - 09/21/13 04:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Russ

You guys are killin me!
Posted By: scottb

Re: 2014 Mopar Races - 09/21/13 04:39 PM

CB is a crook plain and simple I will never go to one of his races.
As for the other series yes there is some growing pains but I will support the event screw CB
Posted By: Frito

Re: 2014 Mopar Races - 09/21/13 09:33 PM

Quote:

Actually there have been two swap meets in Columbus for several years, CB's and JJ's. This year one is scheduled for Nov. 16th at the Ohio Expo Center 717 E 17th av. Same place as in years past.
Posted By: top8x7b

Re: 2014 Mopar Races - 09/22/13 02:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That would be good always a good to have choices
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: 2014 Mopar Races - 09/22/13 03:46 PM

Charlie and Chris stopped by at MM to say hi and told us that they will have their swap meet and were "thinking" about having events next year. Until I see a schudle it will be just "rumors".
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: 2014 Mopar Races - 09/22/13 04:13 PM

JJ keeps threatening to have more events. It would be nice to see him get the support he used to get. I'll attend at least one of his events next year.

Dennis

Re: 2014 Mopar Races - 09/22/13 06:07 PM

Quote:

JJ keeps threatening to have more events. It would be nice to see him get the support he used to get. I'll attend at least one of his events next year.

Dennis

It's simple for him to get my support,but obiviously he doesn't want or need it.

Re: 2014 Mopar Races - 09/22/13 07:59 PM

Maybe I missed it Bob, but I don't know what you are referring too.

Dennis

Re: 2014 Mopar Races - 09/22/13 08:34 PM

Quote:

Maybe I missed it Bob, but I don't know what you are referring too.

Dennis

Dennis you didn't miss anything.JJ made some remarks about the first Curt Memorial Race which PRP ask us to put together just weeks after Curt was killed.He was called on his remarks that were made on the internet and were very hurtful to our family and friends.For that he owes both friends and family a public apology.Jim Kramer asked we would bring our cars and friends to JJ's race and I told Jim I would never attend one of his races until he publicly apologizes.I don't know JJ even if he was standing in front of me but keep a copy of his internet comments on the wall in the shop to remind me.Jim relayed this to JJ and he never responded.BGR attended many CC events when JJ owned it and even let CB host the Curt Race for 7 years.My family,my friends and I never deserved his remarks.This will remain a personal issue for me,sorry for the long but emotional response.I felt the question deserved a explanation,it wasn't just a off cuff remark.

Re: 2014 Mopar Races - 09/22/13 10:57 PM

Understood Bob. Thanks for the explanation.

Dennis
© 2024 Moparts Forums