Moparts

My son did me proud at Norwalk

Posted By: bfury

My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/16/13 07:05 PM

Not bad for a homebuilt low buck car. Brad has built this car himself and learned along the way. Thanks to Todd and Mike at Competition Wedge for turning the engine around in time after a spun rod bearing. At the track we got some awesome help from Eddie "Birdstheword" and Mike with the nitrous setup. Thanks guys. Also Bob Romano and Chuck from Best Machine got us on track with timing help. Tony Russo gave great food and the chile from Jeff Allison was to die for. Brad had his best times ever and definetly got traction this time. Best run 6.03, this is a street car not a purpose built race car. Tough to compete in 10.5 extreme but great fun.

Attached picture 7854285-bradwheelie3.jpg
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/16/13 07:11 PM

Did I see a video of that car smacking the back bumper?

It's nice to have help from all those quality individuals

Glad it was a good weekend for y'all
Posted By: 6bblFLASH

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/16/13 07:16 PM

Job well done!!!

Love the "attitude" of that car,looks like and 11-sec streeter,runs like Holy -H-T....

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/16/13 07:21 PM

The car touched down like a feather each time, and it did this every run, some higher. The old man advised to not get out of it unless he was not going straight. Awsome weekend.
Posted By: rollerfork

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/16/13 10:11 PM

Watched a nice video of your car and it looked great. You will be in the in the fives before you know it. Congrats
Posted By: dvw

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/16/13 10:50 PM

When I pitted next to you guys at Indy I saw a group dedicated and working hard to improve. Congrats.
Doug
Posted By: a493demon

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/17/13 12:06 AM

thanks for the kind words.
it's been a lot of work but it is finally moving in the right direction.
I would have never made it to Norwalk if it wasn't for the hard work of todd and mike at competition wedge.
I hurt the engine 2 weeks before Norwalk and I got it out to them and had it back and running in 10 day's.
they really helped me out and just have to say they are the greatest guy's to deal with.
Posted By: SILVER67

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/17/13 03:38 PM

That poor rear bumper!! :-)
Mike

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/17/13 09:07 PM

a pic I bought at the race

Attached picture 7855879-Brad_Norwalk.jpg
Posted By: SILVER67

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/17/13 09:41 PM

We'll need a copy of that for the shop.
Mike
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/17/13 10:23 PM

Nice run and car looks good............
Posted By: domingo

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/18/13 03:22 AM

>COol!
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/18/13 06:59 AM

Quote:

a pic I bought at the race

When it is climbing the ring gear it is not going as fast as it can go forward If both front tires are off the ground 1/2 inch all the weight is on the hind tires

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/18/13 02:07 PM

Red Green always says "If you can't be hansome, be handy". I say if you can't be the fastest, be flashy! It lost time but everybody remembers this car. Brad is working on the suspension, maybe next year it won't wheelie so much but I hope not.
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/18/13 02:11 PM

He was simply having fun. First big wheelies of his life, and fortunately, no smashed oil pan and suspension. We can tone down the launch for about $40.00 in parts, so that wont be a problem.Probably only when he breaks enough stuff, will he want to drop the wheelies....
We all know going up isnt going forward. He doesnt care.

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/18/13 05:35 PM

what todd said.
I was just happy the car finally hooked.
and i'm out gunned so I just do it for funny and to see some good friends.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/18/13 06:04 PM

Looks good! What type of nitrous system are you running? What front and rear shocks? Rear tires?
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/18/13 06:39 PM

Quote:

what todd said.

And sometimes thats what it's all about. We all start somewhere and you have a nice fast car to bracket race but to step into 10.5 and be at the bottom is your start to the top!!!

I mean look at ole Bird - he started at the bottom and now he's what maybe middle of the pack - when he can ever get it down the track that is

glad I may not see him again until next year - by then he'll forget what I said

Russ

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/18/13 06:54 PM

Quote:

Looks good! What type of nitrous system are you running? What front and rear shocks? Rear tires?

I have a eddy singal bar plate on the car,front shocks are calvert 90/10's rears are afco double adj. rear tire's are m/t et drag's 28x10.5 stiff side wall.
p.s. the car has a stock iron block with iron -1 heads and no roller cam and the plate is under a 200 shot.

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/18/13 07:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

what todd said.

And sometimes thats what it's all about. We all start somewhere and you have a nice fast car to bracket race but to step into 10.5 and be at the bottom is your start to the top!!!

So, let me make sure I got this right? An average Joe,takes his Dad to a race at a beautiful track. The two have fun, the driver is having a blast,the crowd is loving it and as a family, they and they' re friends enjoy the weekend together???...Did i get that right? Ok..i think so.

Ok, so, they could give a rats behind about payout, entry fee and drama. Along the way they make some new friends, get some help, and once again get time together as proud father, and proud son. Still ok?...seems so. Ok, they get outgunned, they lose anyway, and still have the times of t
heir lives. Seems like a good ole fashion Father and son weekend, old style drag racing, and no politics whatsoever. Seems perhaps a lesson could be taken from this story

Its sad to me that people can find the negative in this story.
Posted By: aspenrt360

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/18/13 07:33 PM

no negative in this to me, i think its great! must be nice to feel progress with your car. have fun that is what its really all about, unless you do it to make a living
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/18/13 08:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

what todd said.

So, let me make sure I got this right? An average Joe,takes his Dad to a race at a beautiful track. The two have fun, the driver is having a blast,the crowd is loving it and as a family, they and they' re friends enjoy the weekend together???...Did i get that right? Ok..i think so.

Ok, so, they could give a rats behind about payout, entry fee and drama. Along the way they make some new friends, get some help, and once again get time together as proud father, and proud son. Still ok?...seems so. Ok, they get outgunned, they lose anyway, and still have the times of t
heir lives. Seems like a good ole fashion Father and son weekend, old style drag racing, and no politics whatsoever. Seems perhaps a lesson could be taken from this story

Its sad to me that people can find the negative in this story.

Todd its GREAT that a family gets to go to the track and race together. I have one son that races and one son that goes to the track once every 2 to 3 years to watch. My comment was aimed at the Mopar mentality of doing wheelies. Even to the point of wrecking, breaking, or major oil spills. No one likes waiting in the lanes because of an oil pan hitting the track but if I remember right one Mopar did it 3 times in a row last year at Indy. At PRP the Mopar race was referred to by many of my friends as "the oildown nationals". Get her tamed down and she will go quicker an be easier to drive.

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/18/13 09:57 PM

wow someone must have pissed in your corn flakes today.
the car never hit the pan or even came close .
Posted By: D-50

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/18/13 11:12 PM

Good job 493demon,Looks like fun. I like to see cars do what yours did. Some people are mad because there cars cannot do that.
Posted By: BPE

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/18/13 11:19 PM

Just the fact that Brad comes out to all these 10.5 races, knowing full well he really doesn't stand much of a chance is cool as hell. Then, to top it off your dad get's on a public forum and say how proud he is of you. Man that has to make you feel good. Keep up the good work.

Rod
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/19/13 03:29 AM

Quote:

Just the fact that Brad comes out to all these 10.5 races, knowing full well he really doesn't stand much of a chance is cool as hell. Then, to top it off your dad get's on a public forum and say how proud he is of you. Man that has to make you feel good. Keep up the good work.

Rod

Beep

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/21/13 04:36 PM

I just like this pic.

Attached picture 7860508-tonyandbrad.jpg

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/21/13 06:00 PM

Quote:

I just like this pic.

Me to
Posted By: 340B5

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/21/13 06:04 PM

I understand about the wheelies. I have the "perfect" launch right now(about 3" from what I'm told), but I want one of "those" pics of mine, just for a keepsake.

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/21/13 06:16 PM

and yes Greg, its sporting Superformance gaskets !!!

and for the record, Tonys car is a bad hombre....a cool, fast machine.

Re: My son did me proud at Norwalk - 09/21/13 06:31 PM

Quote:

and yes Greg, its sporting Superformance gaskets !!!

and for the record, Tonys car is a bad hombre....a cool, fast machine.

Was hoping so. Glad I refrained from asking

Thanks to both of you!
© 2024 Moparts Forums