Moparts

Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3

Posted By: B3422W5

Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/13/13 10:49 PM

Buddy called and said he just went 9.56 at 141 in his Challenger with the gen 3 hemi, previous best 9.95...better air and fuel injection must be more sorted out....stout lap

Local racer to me Johnny Hernandez just went 9.22 in his 59 degree indy head smallblock 66 barracuda as well.....I love( and kinda hate..lol) getting these reports when I am not there and don't have a car
Posted By: rck850

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/14/13 12:36 AM

Both of those runs are why I can't decide what I want anymore for my Dart
Posted By: nss guy

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/14/13 12:47 AM

340Rick's "street car" is awesome,
he drove it 50+ miles to cruise Newark,Oh during the Mopar Nats!
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/14/13 01:11 AM

VERY stout indeed............ A friend from Ohio just called me begging me to move out there and I must say that it`s REAL tempting........... How crazy would it be to be racing w/some of you in Ohio.........
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/14/13 01:45 AM

Stout pass, I wish I had that bullet in my Dart.
Posted By: STEFF

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/14/13 01:50 AM

Nice job Rick!
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/14/13 02:00 AM

I knew there was a bunch more in that combo...
Posted By: RonTheAnnouncer

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/14/13 12:07 PM

Quote:

VERY stout indeed............ A friend from Ohio just called me begging me to move out there and I must say that it`s REAL tempting........... How crazy would it be to be racing w/some of you in Ohio.........

You'd love it if you moved close to Norwalk. Imagine being able to race every Wednesday from may til september for $7, or race the weekly points races for $30 to win $1100.
Of course, when November hits, you'd wish you were back in SoCal!
Posted By: SB412DUSTER

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/14/13 01:10 PM

Good deal

Congrats Rick
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/14/13 01:46 PM

Congrats Rick!!! That thing is very streetable and QUICK!
Posted By: cudasteve68

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/14/13 02:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

You'd love it if you moved close to Norwalk. Imagine being able to race every Wednesday from may til september for $7, or race the weekly points races for $30 to win $1100.

No he wouldn't, he just would pick up a snowmobile & ride with us in the winter. I need a fellow mopar man in our snowmobilling group. The 6-7 fellow drag racers in the group are chevy guys.
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/14/13 02:45 PM

way to go Rick!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/14/13 04:06 PM

Those new hemi's sure do make steam...

Buddy made a lap over there in his new charger super bee....pretty much bone stock..weighs 4480 with him in it...went 12.71 at 110

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/14/13 05:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That`s one of my reasons for sure..........drive to track, race and drive home providing nothing breaks plus I`ve lived in Germany and in the local So-Cal mountains and I LOVE WINTER. Hell, I don`t even own a jacket.......no joke just thermals and flanels. At 52 I just really need a change and my friend has enuff car work to keep me busy for months plus I`ve contacted guys and work should be easy enuff to find doin what I love.......CARS.

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/14/13 05:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No he wouldn't, he just would pick up a snowmobile & ride with us in the winter. I need a fellow mopar man in our snowmobilling group. The 6-7 fellow drag racers in the group are chevy guys.

It just may happen yet and maybe my heap will run on your tracks...........

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/15/13 12:10 AM

My buddy with the charger superbee played me like a banjo

Truth comes out Rick is having tune problems with the injection and is slowly creeping up on the tune.... It's off from where it's previously run.
Oh well, I swallowed the story hook line and sinker

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/15/13 01:37 AM

Seriously? I told about 10 people today how well Rick's car ran and I even sent Rick a text congratulating him on the 9.56 at 141. No wonder he didn't text me back lol. I hope he gets it figured out.

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/15/13 02:30 AM

Quote:

Seriously? I told about 10 people today how well Rick's car ran and I even sent Rick a text congratulating him on the 9.56 at 141. No wonder he didn't text me back lol. I hope he gets it figured out.

Yeah Bob... Scott got me. I talked to him and Rick this afternoon. Rick said Mike Roth is helping him figure it out... Pig rich.
Scott got me good, knowing I would post it
Posted By: vttm

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/15/13 12:28 PM

Yea I was gonna call bs every time I watched the car it was in the mid 10's.

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/15/13 01:45 PM

He has been consistant 9.90's with it before though.
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/15/13 02:13 PM

Awesome ! On if my favorite cars on here.
Posted By: vttm

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/15/13 03:33 PM

This was my first time getting to see the car in person and it is definitely a work of art and one of the nicest cars I've seen, inside, out and underneath. Hope you get the bugs worked out.
Posted By: Dartin

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/16/13 12:37 AM

Quote:

This was my first time getting to see the car in person and it is definitely a work of art and one of the nicest cars I've seen, inside, out and underneath. Hope you get the bugs worked out.

Yes, it is a beauty for sure! He'll get it figured out. It was good to talk to him this weekend too.

Randy
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/16/13 03:54 AM

Quote:

That would be cool! Beep
Posted By: Sport440

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/16/13 05:05 AM

Quote:

Quote:

That would be cool! Beep

That would be cool, but Thumper, the overall weather sucks here. If you dont mind cloudy days and weekends, then your fine.

I live here and wish I was down south abit like NC, SC or TN or so. If you enjoy great sun shiny weather, stay away from here
Posted By: 360904

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/16/13 05:14 PM

Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/16/13 08:19 PM

That Chally is uber BADass, love the B5 since my car is to. Really curious what Ricks combo is since I'm the proud New owner of a basket case 6.1 myself. Plans as off now are too to bore it as little as needed, probably to 4.065, and go with some Manley pistons, cnc heads and run as big a cam as needed to have a 600hp 372" baby hemi.
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/16/13 11:03 PM

I feel really bad about this guys

Don is a good friend and I like to joke around, He text wanting to know how I ran I told Scott to tell him 9.56 thinking Don would txt back BS.......Well he came here instead. Sorry ..... I changed a few things on the car and now the tune I had is all messed up. Went as bad as a 10.44 on one pass could not hardly make a pass without fouling out the plugs. Finally with the help of Mike Roth I got it heading back the right direction and got it back to 10.18 Before I stopped changing stuff and just tried to go some rounds.

It has been a best at Monster Mopar last year of 9.91 NO Lie

Oh and I will have it back in the 9's soon
Posted By: hemidup

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/16/13 11:56 PM

Quote:

I feel really bad about this guys

Don is a good friend and I like to joke around, He text wanting to know how I ran I told Scott to tell him 9.56 thinking Don would txt back BS.......Well he came here instead. Sorry ..... I changed a few things on the car and now the tune I had is all messed up. Went as bad as a 10.44 on one pass could not hardly make a pass without fouling out the plugs. Finally with the help of Mike Roth I got it heading back the right direction and got it back to 10.18 Before I stopped changing stuff and just tried to go some rounds.

It has been a best at Monster Mopar last year of 9.91 NO Lie

Oh and I will have it back in the 9's soon

After that post I couldn't wait to get on the horn and let them know the great new's. 9.56 @ 141. That's my story and I'm stickin to it

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/17/13 12:33 AM

Rick

I know how sharp you are and the potential your combo has.
I have no doubt at some point it will run the kinda of numbers I posted based on Scott yanking my chain...lol
I just wish it had this weekend :laugh

PS...
You gonna go old school with a carb, or try to sort out that fuel injection?
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/17/13 01:05 AM

I am sticking with the EFI for now, but I do have a MSD HEMI 6 box and wiring harness to run a carb sitting on the shelf it is tempting as it sure would be easier to tune with a carb.
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: Wow...340 Rick laid down a stout pass at Norwalk gen3 - 09/17/13 01:20 AM

wow that is funny 9.56 I was thinking you really found it. but I don't think that is to far off.. when it comes around 4 you
© 2024 Moparts Forums