Moparts

Anybody watching Drag Week?

Posted By: clonestocker

Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 03:32 PM

Found a Live feed. Mustang just oiled the track down.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 03:47 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q14nYYT292c&list=PLGvTvFzdMg_PEo9tB2njxYmiwYhzpWc3_&index=2
Posted By: furious70

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 03:54 PM

trying to between meetings! =)

Lutz got crazy off the line and had to pedal it.

Both Ray and Mike ran 10.teens

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 04:00 PM

6.83 @ 202 with a slight pedal for Dave in the pro mod.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 04:01 PM

Someone just ran 6.83 in a Camaro.
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 04:11 PM

Well, there goes any hope I had of being productive this week.......
Posted By: 10secGTX

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 04:15 PM

I so would love to do this ....
Posted By: 10secGTX

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 04:16 PM

The 69 Dart was Bad ass buzzing 10k shifts

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 04:28 PM

Bailey went 6.72
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 04:48 PM

just watched sixpackgut make a 10.63 pass
Posted By: 85_Ram_4speed

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 04:55 PM

When did they (billy's brother) finish the Gasser truck? Went 11.45
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 04:58 PM

Quote:

Found a Live feed. Mustang just oiled the track down.

i tried all weekend to find somthing...Nada. Finally found somthing said they would start this morning at 9am when I am at work...What happened to yestarday?

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 05:31 PM

I don't think they ever planned to video feed T&T yesterday.

I thought Ray went 10.17 right off the bat this morning on his 1st pass.

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 05:36 PM

Billy just ran 13.84

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 05:37 PM

Why in the world would they allow a stock Chevy Avalanche into Drag Week?? Or how about the stock '88 Mercury Cougar running high 16's. What in the hell is the point of that? Are there guys that got turned away because of these cars? It should have to be an actual "hot-rod" to get in.

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 06:23 PM

Quote:

When did they (billy's brother) finish the Gasser truck? Went 11.45

We haven't gotten an update from Billy, but it looks like all their cars were in the registration photo galleries

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 06:40 PM

Freiburger's comment about Billys brother Dale and his Gremlin:

"Dale has a couple screws loose and bolts missing"

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 06:44 PM

Gremmy went 11.00
Elvis went 8.70 @ 152

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 07:20 PM

Can we make this thread a sticky for this week?

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 07:24 PM

too bad the feed ended an hour before the runs did, we didn't get to see several unlimited guys make a successful pass.....

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 07:34 PM

Quote:

too bad the feed ended an hour before the runs did, we didn't get to see several unlimited guys make a successful pass.....

I agree. While much better than the total crap coverage last year, there are still some major glitches---ending it early is one of them.
Posted By: schreecher

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 07:36 PM

Quote:

Why in the world would they allow a stock Chevy Avalanche into Drag Week?? Or how about the stock '88 Mercury Cougar running high 16's. What in the hell is the point of that? Are there guys that got turned away because of these cars? It should have to be an actual "hot-rod" to get in.

Totally agree......what's the point. If that's the case, lets get some of those bad a$$ diesel trucks in there. At least they create a hell of a soot show on the way down pulling 11's.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 08:54 PM

Quote:

Teal / black top? If so that would be Daryl is his W2 stroker!
Posted By: clonestocker

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 09:30 PM

Jay,
There was a White one also.

matt
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 09:43 PM

Mike Crow. R5P7 and a stick combo I believe...

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 09:51 PM

Quote:

yup, though it was hard to hear him in the video feed, looking forward to seeing it in Indy and St L!
Posted By: BBR

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 09:55 PM

Quote:

You can run pretty much anything in Daily Driver. Field was 20 cars short of a full field because people that registered were no shows. Those are the guys that you should be bitching about. They were holding spots that waiting list people could have used had HR known in advance they were not going to be there. Every unregistered car that rolled the dice and showed up at BG hoping to get in made it into the field.

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 09:59 PM

any reports from those that were there about how the last hour went? Did Lutz or the vette make a full pass?
Posted By: headhunter

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 10:36 PM

no they didnt

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 10:40 PM

wow....door is wide open for a pro mod if they can make it all week.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 10:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

yup, though it was hard to hear him in the video feed, looking forward to seeing it in Indy and St L!

Think it's a w9/r3 combo with a stick

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 11:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

You can run pretty much anything in Daily Driver. Field was 20 cars short of a full field because people that registered were no shows. Those are the guys that you should be bitching about. They were holding spots that waiting list people could have used had HR known in advance they were not going to be there. Every unregistered car that rolled the dice and showed up at BG hoping to get in made it into the field.

Okay, well that makes me feel a little better.

I haven't been following the preparation thread, but it looks like Larry Larson didn't make it this year?
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/09/13 11:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Okay, well that makes me feel a little better.

I haven't been following the preparation thread, but it looks like Larry Larson didn't make it this year?

Word has it Larry's in Charlotte this weekend tuning a customers car Supposedly this has been out there for quite awhile that he wasn't going to make it.

Rickster
Posted By: Leon441

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/10/13 01:26 AM

What class is Elvis running in?

He does not have stock floor pans so he is not Modified legal. That is why they would not let me run Modified and refused to give me my money back.

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/10/13 03:00 AM

Quote:

guess I only saw dart and got excited

...buzzing 10k shifts definately isn't Daryls!
Posted By: rt66jim

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/10/13 03:03 AM

Leon for the record. I think you got the "green weiner". Jim
Posted By: Skypower

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/10/13 03:19 AM

Quote:

What class is Elvis running in?

He does not have stock floor pans so he is not Modified legal. That is why they would not let me run Modified and refused to give me my money back.

Eddie is not running modified he is running Pro street. So no issue with his car.
Posted By: modelmakerinc

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/10/13 03:33 AM

Naturally aspirated Pro Street 8.71 152 mph average.

http://blogs.hotrod.com/hot-rod-drag-week-2013-results-day-one-76975.html#axzz2eRSnk0ET
Posted By: 1974 474 Duster

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/10/13 05:14 AM

Spoke w/Jeff Lutz today. He blew a head gasket, but got it repaired. On the road to Indy now. See ya, Ken

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/10/13 11:44 AM

Whatched part of the intro to the driver Meeting and they called Larry Larson on the phone at the drivers meeting...Pretty awesome.

I will watch more later tonight hopefully
Posted By: longram60

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/10/13 02:03 PM

I was at opening day spectating:

Posted By: jnkgal

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/10/13 03:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Teal / black top? If so that would be Daryl is his W2 stroker!

I believe we met him yesterday also along with other moparts but where was MR_P_BODY ?

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/10/13 03:54 PM

Billy and crew are here minus the Blue car. Elvis just ran 8.59. Ray ran 10.59 I think and is packed up. Lutz had the car apart again. Bailey ran 6.70. Ahoka did not make a full pass. Mike ran 10.teens I think
Posted By: LAR_414

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/10/13 04:15 PM

More details on the small block 69 white dart stick?

Obviously I like cars that fit that mold!

What trans? What setup? Anything?
Posted By: bwdst6

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/10/13 04:58 PM

Quote:

Billy and crew are here minus the Blue car. Elvis just ran 8.59. Ray ran 10.59 I think and is packed up. Lutz had the car apart again. Bailey ran 6.70. Ahoka did not make a full pass. Mike ran 10.teens I think

Even though Eddie has had a colorful history on this site you have to give the guy some respect! He has shown up to race (finally) which is a lot more than some on this site could do and who post regularly. He not only has the fastest Mopar at the event and leads his class by a wide margin. But he also has the fastest NA car at the event, of any make or class!

I’ve also noticed that the bump spot for DD has been lowered considerable. Used to be around 12.5, now its 12.0.

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/10/13 05:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Even though Eddie has had a colorful history on this site you have to give the guy some respect! He has shown up to race (finally) which is a lot more than some on this site could do and who post regularly. He not only has the fastest Mopar at the event and leads his class by a wide margin. But he also has the fastest NA car at the event, of any make or class!

I’ve also noticed that the bump spot for DD has been lowered considerable. Used to be around 12.5, now its 12.0.

Elvis does run his mouth a bit, but I think he enjoys the noteriety. He is within 1/2 of his nitrous passes from a few years ago. I would be curious to know how much his Predator motor puts out, his car can't be that light with the GV unit and all..

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/10/13 05:23 PM

SERIOUSLY?? They shut the feed down just as Lutz is in the beams??!!

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/10/13 05:26 PM

Did Eddie make two hits today. I saw he went 8.69 today but if he made another hit I didn't see it. He is flying for sure.

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/10/13 06:08 PM

2 hits for the purple machine. It's stout for sure. Lutzs last run was no good.
Posted By: 72swgnr

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/10/13 06:11 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Elvis does run his mouth a bit, but I think he enjoys the noteriety. He is within 1/2 of his nitrous passes from a few years ago. I would be curious to know how much his Predator motor puts out, his car can't be that light with the GV unit and all..

I don't think his converter is matched for his new setup either. I know he sent it in while he was testing this summer but he had since pulled his engine apart and replaced pistons cam etc.
Posted By: barracuda7199

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/10/13 06:20 PM

the white dart i do believe is a 420 small block with a jerico. he used to have this setup in a 73 cuda went with the dart to shed some pounds is what hot rod reported last year. not sure what the heads are

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/10/13 09:18 PM

Eddie ran a 8.59 the pass i seen

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/10/13 09:29 PM

Quote:

Billy and crew are here minus the Blue car.

Racheal Gebhardt was driving the blue car in the video I saw last night. (Billy's daughter)
Posted By: 6pak2go

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 02:02 AM

The trans in the blue car was hurt in Bowling Green, so they left it in the impound.

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 02:26 AM

Was super cool to meet Billy and crew as well as Ray. We ended up needing to come back to Chicago rather than go on the St. Louis unfortunately.

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 01:48 PM

Quote:

I was at opening day spectating:

Love that white dart whit the steel wheels and all never know it was that fast. Anyone know how loud it is?
Posted By: jon01

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 03:11 PM

Looks like that red Mustang really bit it hard on the top end. Hope the dude is ok!

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 03:31 PM

They said he's ok. Ray went 10.9x to start. Crow 10.29 a little squirrely off the start

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 03:50 PM

They just interviewed Eddie and he agreed to where the pink jacket that doc have him if he doesn't reset the record

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 03:55 PM

Bailey just ran a 1.19 60 but then broke loose

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 03:59 PM

Ray at 10.6x. Prospero 7.96

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 04:04 PM

Ahokas 6.89 204. He's going to wish he took a 2nd pass yesterday...
Posted By: 1974 474 Duster

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 04:16 PM

Spoke to Jeff Lutz yesterday. He bowed out, could not get a tune on the new twin 98's. Better luck next year to Lutz Race Cars.
See ya, Ken

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 04:20 PM

Quote:

I'm sorry Eddie received a special "I will let you run from Freigburger". The rules specify stock floor pans. He does not have stock floor pans. No matter how much undercoating, padding, and carpet they are not stock. Am I anal about this rule. You bet yah. I sent my money to dragweek and was completely honest about my floorpans. They told me under no circumstances could I run modified even if I bought factory replacement pans and installed them in the car. So IMO Eddie miller is a cheater and knows full well he is in deed cheating. As far as respect otherwise he ran [Email]8.69@154[/Email] with a 600+ CID engine. My 358 small block ran 9.2's lifting at the 1,000 ft mark at 148 MPH.

Sure I did not make it. I chose not to when I was told my car and Eddie's were not legal for anything less than Unlimited. I logged over a 1,000 miles with only one broken rocker arm. The HOT ROD staff assured me they did not give a crap about safety requirements and what was legal and what was not during the time I built my car.

I hope everyone else participating in Drag Week has a great time.

Leon
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 04:30 PM

Leon...Eddie's running Pro Street NA, not Modified NA.

edit...Pro Street still calls for stock floor pans though...got this from their site.
•Must have stock floorpans between the firewall and the forward edge of the wheel tubs.
Posted By: 72swgnr

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 04:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I'm sorry Eddie received a special "I will let you run from Freigburger". The rules specify stock floor pans. He does not have stock floor pans. No matter how much undercoating, padding, and carpet they are not stock. Am I anal about this rule. You bet yah. I sent my money to dragweek and was completely honest about my floorpans. They told me under no circumstances could I run modified even if I bought factory replacement pans and installed them in the car. So IMO Eddie miller is a cheater and knows full well he is in deed cheating. As far as respect otherwise he ran [Email]8.69@154[/Email] with a 600+ CID engine. My 358 small block ran 9.2's lifting at the 1,000 ft mark at 148 MPH.

Sure I did not make it. I chose not to when I was told my car and Eddie's were not legal for Modified NA. I logged over a 1,000 miles with only one broken rocker arm. The HOT ROD staff assured me they did not give a crap about safety requirements and what was legal and what was not during the time I built my car.

I hope everyone else participating in Drag Week has a great time.

Leon

Leon Eddie is not running modified he is running Pro-Street BB NA

EDIT: TREE'd

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 04:57 PM

Glhs went 11.5x gray shadow 11.8x

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 05:09 PM

Finally got thru the whole first day on drooltube... Some very interesting vehicles. I would love to someday do this...I have two vehicles that could be set-up to run in it, but would not be very fast in comparison to the others. Some of those guys have a ton $$$ in their stuff.

Was the dark red Cornet the one with the big Millenium Hemi?

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 05:10 PM

Quote:

edit...Pro Street still calls for stock floor pans though...got this from their site.
•Must have stock floorpans between the firewall and the forward edge of the wheel tubs.

I was told by Turk I would have to run Unlimited as well as Eddie sense he did not have stock floor pans. I even called Adjer Smith and got his input. He admired my work and said that my car was much further ahead in work than the other Modified cars. Rules are rule I play by them. Eddie feels he is above the rules. In his defense the rule in Prostreet is new this year. Should not matter. If you are illegal you should man up and either run Unlimited or Daily driver. Many on bangshift know the deal. Just gives Dragweek a big black eye as far as I am concerned. They have $280 of my money and refused to return it. They would not even let me run if I installed stock floor pans. Pure BS

Leon

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 05:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I was told by Turk I would have to run Unlimited as well as Eddie sense he did not have stock floor pans. I even called Adjer Smith and got his input. He admired my work and said that my car was much further ahead in work than the other Modified cars. Rules are rule I play by them. Eddie feels he is above the rules. In his defense the rule in Prostreet is new this year. Should not matter. If you are illegal you should man up and either run Unlimited or Daily driver. Many on bangshift know the deal. Just gives Dragweek a big black eye as far as I am concerned. They have $280 of my money and refused to return it. They would not even let me run if I installed stock floor pans. Pure BS

Leon

Leon,

Don't shoot me for saying this as I applaud your effort, but like so many things in life, sadly pure honesty does not usually help anymore. Been to court more than once, and its always about who the best liar is.

If it were me, I would have put stock floor pans back in, made it as close to factory as possible, thrown paint on it, seam sealer, sound deadener and carpet, and let it ride....Who would have been the better to know?
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 05:18 PM

A good buddy of mine just wrecked his on the freeway of all places going from one destination to the other when they got caught in a rain storm. They pulled out what they could & are carrying on to more 7 sec passes.

http://blogs.hotrod.com/drag-week-2013-h...l#axzz2eZzJlwFZ
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 05:22 PM

I agree Leon. You don't meet the rules you don't participate. Send a man his entry back. Anything less is chicken poop.

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 05:33 PM

Quote:

A good buddy of mine just wrecked his on the freeway of all places going from one destination to the other when they got caught in a rain storm. They pulled out what they could & are carrying on to more 7 sec passes.

What a shame, just saw that at Milan last Friday.

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 06:21 PM

Quote:

As far as respect otherwise he ran [Email]8.69@154[/Email] with a 600+ CID engine. My 358 small block ran 9.2's lifting at the 1,000 ft mark at 148 MPH.

Out of curiosity, how much does your car weigh?

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 06:30 PM

Amen to the chicken poop. If you know you are lying how can you have any self respect. I can't. This is why I sent pics and said you tell me what I have to do. When I got the phone call I couldn't get anywhere with Turk. I then called Adjer. Turk assured me Eddie would not be allowed. The way I see it Turk owes me the $280. If I ever wander into him....well.

I am so sorry to hear about the guys wrecking both on the track and in the rain. I was testing hard, driving to cruise ins and such and knew full well of the call for hard rains. Got lucky on the trip to the cruise in with only a couple showers. The trip home was nothing less than a downpoor. I was probably more dangerous than the rain as I was incredibly nervous. ET streets on the rear and ET drag's on the front. I later switched to bias ply street tires from Coker. They need shaving or something as they do not handle well at all.

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 06:40 PM

Bailey 6.97. Eddie 8.70
Posted By: HemiDart68

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 06:42 PM

Quote:

what a bummer. Dave is a cool guy. GLad he is ok.
Posted By: Performance Only

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 06:43 PM

Leon, This is from one of your previous posts.
Quote:

I don't hold any ill feelings toward any participants. I wish all of you a great time and experience. If I can help you out, short of coming anywhere near Dragweek, just call. But, my car will not be there.

Leon Hudson

Quote:

Quote:

Leon

I hate to say it but this sure sounds more like sour grapes. What exactly is the problem with Eddie's floor pans? It's been awhile since I've seen the underneath of his car, but I don't recall any removable trans tunnel or removable driveshaft tunnel. Last time I saw it, it had steel floor pans. What's it got now that makes it illegal?

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 07:22 PM

http://snapwidget.com/v/542285302444953876#.UjC0dfIW5kg

barnyard viper gets ink

I saw it run 11.5x and Billy run 12.3x I think but missed the charger and Gremmy

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 07:44 PM

Attached picture 7848331-MOPAR_BILLY.jpg

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 08:19 PM

Quote:

http://snapwidget.com/v/542285302444953876#.UjC0dfIW5kg

barnyard viper gets ink

I saw it run 11.5x and Billy run 12.3x I think but missed the charger and Gremmy

Gremmy goes 11.00 like a bracket car! And the truck wasn't bad either.

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/11/13 10:07 PM

DarrylsDart FROM forabodiesonly

Attached picture 7848515-DarrylsDart.jpg
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/12/13 05:50 AM

Leon is mad because he has a backhalf car that he wanted to run in Modified and they wouldn't let him. Their biggest issue with his car, is the backhalf, NOT the damn floorpans. If he showed up with the replacement pans welded in and tried to enter it in Pro-Street, there would have been ZERO problem. Hundreds of cars out there have had their entire floorpans cut out and replaced with replacement panels because of rust. So you are going to tell me they say you CAN'T replace the pans in your race car..........cmon Leon.

And this crap about Eddie getting a "special pass" is just that, crap.

Leon, you are my friend and you know that, but you are barking up the wrong tree here.

HOTROD doesn't care about safety rules..........really, since when. The rules PLAINLY state that the car MUST meet either NHRA or IHRA safety rules for the ET the car runs.

I am LOOKING at a copy of the rules in my hand as I type this

Monte

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/12/13 07:35 AM

Barnyard viper write up

http://blogs.hotrod.com/drag-week-2013-m...l#axzz2eepMJzDO

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/12/13 11:13 AM

Quote:

Barnyard viper write up

Just read this, awesome deal that it got spotlighted. It is truely a unique and very cool truck. Would have been great to see the truck and Billy's Valiant run together on drag week. Maybe next year.
Posted By: racerx

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/12/13 11:27 AM

Quote:

Barnyard viper write up

was that guy that Mr.p was subposeably rideing with? or was it a ford truck?
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/12/13 12:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Barnyard viper write up

was that guy that Mr.p was subposeably rideing with? or was it a ford truck?

That's one of the fleet in Billy's stable. Mr. P is riding with a '52 Ford truck.

That '65 is awesome.
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/12/13 02:15 PM

Quote:

Barnyard viper write up

Nice write up but I'm curious about this 440 based stroker with the 4.28" bore x 4.36" stroke from The Source. Must be one of those "rare" 440 hemi blocks.

Kevin

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/12/13 03:42 PM

DD bump is now 11.94 average
Posted By: RonTheAnnouncer

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/12/13 03:55 PM

Just watched the Barnyard Viper run an 11.40.

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/12/13 03:56 PM

Barnyard viper runs 11.4x, lost a hunk of something going down the track :P

Prospero lifts off the line

Mike Roy ran 8.1x or 8.4x I think earlier.

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/12/13 05:17 PM

ahokas 6.88 204
bailey backed up after the burnout. (I'm not live at the moment, catching up)

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/12/13 05:19 PM

Bailey 7.07 206 hazing the tires

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/12/13 05:20 PM

Billy vs Brian

13.06 smoking vs 11.42

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/12/13 06:10 PM

I think Billy just ran 11.6x

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/12/13 06:14 PM

Joe Barry gets out early 8.70

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/12/13 06:20 PM

Eddie 8.75 156

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/12/13 06:21 PM

Aussie Charger might have broke
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/12/13 06:35 PM

Quote:

Eddie 8.75 156

In the BIG heat at Memphis, no less. Love him or hate him, to run a span of 8.59 to 8.75 at 4 different tracks and with a 200+ mile drive in between each one is awesome!

I want to do Drag Week soooooo bad. Just to finish is a huge victory!

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/12/13 06:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Eddie 8.75 156

In the BIG heat at Memphis, no less. Love him or hate him, to run a span of 8.59 to 8.75 at 4 different tracks and with a 200+ mile drive in between each one is awesome!

The 200+ mile drive in between is what makes it REALLY impressive!!! And the fact that he has a bona-fid street car faster than a lot of race cars on this site of similar displacement!

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/12/13 06:54 PM

I never followed this back then to understand the drama, but the car has flat out run this week and lived up to the drama.

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/12/13 08:41 PM

Quote:

I never followed this back then to understand the drama, but the car has flat out run this week and lived up to the drama.

It IS all about the drama, and each racer/car endures a unique experience...Been wanting to do this as well.

I see Ray is running really good considering how little time he has on his new combo!
Posted By: jon01

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/12/13 08:59 PM

Now how does it work tomorrow?
I have a couple buddies who are there but 1 blew both head gaskets(bad nitrous backfire) yesterday and took a bye...will he be able to run tomorrow or is it only those close to the top in their class?

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/12/13 09:36 PM

Quote:

That it is. The mileage last year was brutal. 380, 230, 355, 415. This year's almost seem tame with 256, 216, 300, 281. haha

Winning your class or placing is nice, but just surviving the week is so dang rewarding.
Posted By: robnbird

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/12/13 09:55 PM

interesting

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/12/13 10:08 PM

maybe one day they will come south and east a little
Posted By: HemiRick

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/12/13 10:25 PM

On their last attempted pass in Memphis the Aussie Charger broke their gear vendors overdrive, they said this was the 2nd one this week. They were under gear vendors awning changing it when I left today.
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/12/13 10:41 PM

Quote:

I have a couple buddies who are there but 1 blew both head gaskets(bad nitrous backfire) yesterday and took a bye...will he be able to run tomorrow or is it only those close to the top in their class?

THe class cars all run to determine the final et of their 5 day average. Lowest 5 day average for each class wins.

Daily Drivers run qualifying to get their final timeslip for their 5 day average. Then the quickest 32 DD's braket race for a winner. They do not pick their dial in, it is automatically set at their 5 day average ET minus .10 second.

(edit: BBR, thanks for the heads up on the typo, fixed it. One of these days, I'm going to type a whole post without having to go back and fix it)

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/12/13 11:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

THe class cars all run to determine the final et of their 5 day average. Lowest 5 day average for each class wins.

Daily Drivers run qualifying to get their final timeslip for their 5 day average. Then the quickest 32 DD's braket race for a winner. They do not pick their dial in, it is automatically set at their 5 day average ET minus .10 second.

I feex typo!

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/13/13 01:27 AM

Quote:

Leon is mad because he has a backhalf car that he wanted to run in Modified and they wouldn't let him. Their biggest issue with his car, is the backhalf, NOT the damn floorpans. If he showed up with the replacement pans welded in and tried to enter it in Pro-Street, there would have been ZERO problem. Hundreds of cars out there have had their entire floorpans cut out and replaced with replacement panels because of rust. So you are going to tell me they say you CAN'T replace the pans in your race car..........cmon Leon.

And this crap about Eddie getting a "special pass" is just that, crap.

Leon, you are my friend and you know that, but you are barking up the wrong tree here.

HOTROD doesn't care about safety rules..........really, since when. The rules PLAINLY state that the car MUST meet either NHRA or IHRA safety rules for the ET the car runs.

I am LOOKING at a copy of the rules in my hand as I type this

Monte

From the Modified Rules
Modified is for stock frame, small-tire cars wit nonstick suspension. Hmmm
Then it clearly says
Must use stock framerails forward of the firewall
REAR SUSPENSION
The rear suspension must use non-stock parallel four link, ladder bars, a conversion from IRS to solid axle, or other significant departure from stock suspension concept.

No where in the rear suspension rule does it say stock rear framerail. Maybe it should have it that is what way intended.

Sense you have the rules in front of you.

Turk was the one who did not care about the evolvement of NHRA and SFI. My point being my car was rebuilt when 25.1 no longer covered cars going 8.50 or faster and 25.2 was the only option at the time. There are other options now.

There is no point arguing this with you Monte you are going to read what ever points you choose for your argument. And you are going to just skip what contradicts the case you want to make.

I guess I should have quickly got you on conference when Turk called. So you could truly know how ridiculous Turk really was/is. Just for the record I OFFERED TO RUN PROSTREET WITH LEGAL TIRES AND STOCK FLOORPANS INSTALLED He would not let me run that way either.
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/13/13 02:56 AM

because of the rules change in the PRO STREET class 2 years ago, Eddie was cleared last year because the floor was done in bead rolled steel floor all welded in.

Since Freighburger approved Eddie's car last year, Keith Turk did what is done in the form of racing he participates in, Land Speed stuff and grandfathered any car that has competed in previous drag weeks in the same class where rule changes accured

End of Story

Keith Turk is a very fair guy but wont take any BS from anyone. Basically he is just like you Leon
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/13/13 03:17 AM

You seemed to have left out the first line of rules for that class which state that the class is for STOCK FRAME SMALL TIRE CARS, neither of which you have...........Correct me where I am wrong

None of that other sounds the same as Turk told me today, because I asked him point blank about your car. He said you kept trying to justify that your car "should" be legal, because NHRA says this and this.......to which he told me he DID reply "we don't care what NHRA says you can do". So I guess that is where your "they don't care about NHRA rules" came from. I believe this, because you alluded to as much in one of your own posts that you told them it SHOULD be legal............... I also asked him, would Leons car have been legal for Pro-Street with the stock pans welded in, to which he said "100% legal"

I also asked about the alleged "Eddie Miller Rule" that you allude to..... which Mr. Turk replied that "Eddie Miller and 3 other Pro Street cars who had previously competed in several Drag Week events in the Pro-Street class, were "grandfathered" in with less than 100% stock floor pans, because they had previously been deemed legal for said class and the deviations from the "absolute" of the rule book were not considered a performance advantage". He also went on to say however, that "regardless of cars NOW competing, any NEW build(which yours is as far as Drag Week)would have to adhere 100% to the rules as written"...........So there you go, straight from the tech directors mouth today, so no need for a conference call. Now you may not LIKE the way they choose to enforce their rules, but it is THEIR rules and you exercised your option NOT to compete and that is your right...........I suppose it is also your right to accuse them of being biased and that Eddie and the other guys are cheaters, but you would be wrong. Those guys were deemed legal. Just because you don't like it and they wouldn't let you do the same, does NOT make them cheaters. That makes them past participants whose voice was heard, not just some complainer who doesn't like the rules and who has never been to Drag Week.

I have NO axe to grind with you and am sure no Eddie supporter........but I really don't care for you trashing Hot Rod, their rules, their staff, Keith Turk or accusing them being biased towards certain individuals

Monte

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/13/13 04:55 AM

Sooooo.... In other news.... Joe Barry is out.

Boo.
Posted By: 1cuda

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/13/13 08:11 AM

i wondered what happened on that last run...john faraone is a very good friend of mine here in west australia and has always had the best damn mopars on the street-attached is one of his other mopars-he`s about to fire up my 500 cuber injected for the challenger vert when he gets back. i trust he got the charger back together and i`ll look for it on the live feed.
all the best
frank in australia
Quote:

On their last attempted pass in Memphis the Aussie Charger broke their gear vendors overdrive, they said this was the 2nd one this week. They were under gear vendors awning changing it when I left today.

Attached picture 7850409-perth13.jpg
Posted By: ksj

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/13/13 01:57 PM

14 staples in his tummy because of a recent surgery.One tough dude.Joe had to be treated for heat exhaustion at Indy.Sucks he didn't make it back to BG.
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/13/13 06:04 PM

Mike Kohlmans cool 31 Chrysler coupe is out, (he broke the dana 60 on his 1st launch and couldn't get it fixed before the deadline) I see that he made some exibition passes yesterday, does anyone know what his et/mph was? This is the first time he's ran it without the blower.

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/13/13 08:01 PM

Eddie ran 8.58
Ahokas lifted pass 7.5x I think
Bailey hasn't made it down
Barnyard viper 11.4x I think they said (right timing board is NF today)
Mike Crow 10.13
I haven't see Ray run.
Mike Roy 7.83 182

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/13/13 08:04 PM

Bailey just ran 6.78 217

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/13/13 08:09 PM

Goldstone 7.94

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/13/13 08:11 PM

Farone 7.93 180, first 7sec run for that car I think?

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/13/13 08:28 PM

Billy might have just hurt his, looked pretty unhappy at the top end.
Posted By: 1cuda

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/13/13 10:01 PM

Quote:

UNREAL!!!! well done john- he told me his aim was for a 7 sec pass. does anyone know the time on the live feed when he did that? i`m 12 hours difference here in west oz and sleep while you guys are playing.
great to wake up to news like that.
all the best
frank.

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/13/13 10:07 PM

Quote:

just ran 7.85

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/13/13 10:11 PM

Quote:

Quote:

UNREAL!!!! well done john- he told me his aim was for a 7 sec pass. does anyone know the time on the live feed when he did that? i`m 12 hours difference here in west oz and sleep while you guys are playing.
great to wake up to news like that.
all the best
frank.

Scroll a few min back right now to see the better pass

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/13/13 10:29 PM

Nooooooo red light Ross!!!!

And Clark and Scott are going rounds!

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/13/13 11:14 PM

Whoo Hoo!!!
Posted By: HemiRick

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/13/13 11:30 PM

The 68 Road Runner with the primer front cap won daily driver !!!!
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/13/13 11:44 PM

Bad340fish's 'Cuda!

https://twitter.com/hotrodmagazine/status/378623891297824768/photo/1

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/14/13 06:44 AM

Crows Dart is a 420 R3W9 G-force G5r combo.Theres at least 2 tenths in the clutch and front suspension to be found.New set of heads for next year.Mopars represented quite well.DW is the only vacation that you need another week of vacation to recover.I fell asleep during Eddies acceptance speech.
Posted By: quickd100

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/14/13 11:14 AM

I've been working pertty much nonestop this week so I'm out of the loop. What happened to DJDuster??Dave

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/14/13 12:09 PM

Quote:

What happened to DJDuster??Dave

He couldn't make it again due to some cylinder head issues and pulled the plug, then got mad by some posts made about his misfortune and driven off Moparts by some wonderful people here. He won't be back which is ashame.

I wish that would stop happening here.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/14/13 02:21 PM

Congrats to Scott for the win, we were hoping for an all mopar finals but I lit the red bulb in the semis. I'm glad he pushed through to keep it from being a Chevy truck final!

It was a great week, my Dad went with me this year so that was awesome. It was good to see Ray and Billy again and I got to meet Mr. PBody and his friend Dale. Thanks to them for stopping when my msd coil took a dump on day one about 60 miles into the trip. Also thanks to Jack with Rocket fuels who took my dad into town to buy a coil. I brought a complete ignition system with me..............other than the coil!

And Don(KSJ) you said you fell Asleep during eddies acceptance speech, exactly what was Eddie being accepted for? Lol.
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/14/13 02:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

What happened to DJDuster??Dave

He couldn't make it again due to some cylinder head issues and pulled the plug, then got mad by some posts made about his misfortune and driven off Moparts by some wonderful people here. He won't be back which is ashame.

I wish that would stop happening here.

sorry about that, I guess I made him quit twice in one thread.
Posted By: MPerry

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/14/13 06:39 PM

They keep mentioning it but did they really give you a shot yourself in the foot award?

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/14/13 07:25 PM

Quote:

They keep mentioning it but did they really give you a shot yourself in the foot award?

huh?

congrats Ray
Posted By: MPerry

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/14/13 07:36 PM

They kept talking about winning last year,swapping engines this year and going slower on the HotRod video.

They literally said Ray should win the Shoot yourself in the foot award. I still have Friday to finish watching.
Posted By: 67383s

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/14/13 08:58 PM

Yes, Ray could have taken the easy way out and left his combo alone, but what fun would that be. I commend him for changing his combo and experimenting with the new hemi. He only ran a couple tenths slower with less cubes and cfm. On his budget, I'm Impressed!!!!

What they (HR guys) didn't mention was the amount of test and tune/track time his combo had before drag week. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was a big fat 0!!!!

I don't take a lot of stock in what the Hot Rod guys say. Hell they didn't even know what half the cars were.

Great Job RAY!!!!!!!

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/15/13 02:45 AM

And Don(KSJ) you said you fell Asleep during eddies acceptance speech, exactly what was Eddie being accepted for? Lol.
Think it was for an Emmy.LOL.Good to meet up with you,Ray and all the other Mopar racers at DW.

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/15/13 01:20 PM

Quote:

sorry about that, I guess I made him quit twice in one thread.

Ray, I know you feel very passionate about dragweek and have busted your butt and drained your wallet doing it. Sometimes our being so passionate about something gets us into trouble with others. Some people can hack it, others can't and feel better just to walk away (which I hate to see from good posters here).

No hard feelings against you from me, I wish you two (DJDuster and yourself) could patch it up and have him return here.

BTW, congrats on pulling off a completed dragweek again, I soo want to be able to do this someday.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/15/13 04:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Think it's a w9/r3 combo with a stick

It is a R3/W9... and Mike is the BEST shifter I ever saw

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/15/13 06:20 PM

I know that on 1320videos Friday coverage they put cameras in Crows car to show that he does indeed use the clutch.RFD is doing a set of heads for him for next year.

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/23/13 03:01 AM

Lightening storm shut down some of the electrical the day before; there fore it was a very very long wait to get the day started. When we left the time board was still not working properly.

Attached picture 7862230-hurry_wait.jpg
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Anybody watching Drag Week? - 09/23/13 03:25 AM

Quote:

Lightening storm shut down some of the electrical the day before; there fore it was a very very long wait to get the day started. When we left the time board was still not working properly.

The right board down track wasnt working right all day
but it did have the win light on top working... but the
time slip showed all the numbers
© 2024 Moparts Forums