Moparts

Tricked Out Solid Flat Tappet Small Block Stuff

Posted By: Sb Valiant

Tricked Out Solid Flat Tappet Small Block Stuff - 09/07/13 12:48 AM

Anyone know or ever run the tool steel lite weight solid lifters from hughes engines? They are 83 grams in weight vs the 101 grams they normally are. It sounds like they are trying to make them perform like a roller lifter and they are a ton of money @
$544!! Also anyone ever run hughes roller rockers? They don't make any currently for the w2 heads but they could put me on a waiting list If I wanted a set made. They look like nice pieces. Between the lifters, cam, valve springs, and rockers or even with out them anyone think that would be one bad performer for a solid flat tappet motor? I really get into and like when a solid non roller sounds like a roller and hangs in there with a full solid roller motor in et!
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Tricked Out Solid Flat Tappet Small Block Stuff - 09/07/13 01:25 AM

Don't try to reinvent the the wheel. If you're spending that much money, it better be on a roller set up.
Posted By: Sb Valiant

Re: Tricked Out Solid Flat Tappet Small Block Stuff - 09/07/13 02:01 AM

It's always good to get someone elses opinion. Thanks I agree from the aspect of how much money you start getting into a certain setup where if you spend just alittle bit more you can have the best!
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Tricked Out Solid Flat Tappet Small Block Stuff - 09/07/13 12:43 PM

Yeah, it's kinda like trying to make a 10.5 tire leaf spring car work like a 14/32 four link car.
Posted By: dizuster

Re: Tricked Out Solid Flat Tappet Small Block Stuff - 09/07/13 01:34 PM

I had a terrible experience with them years ago. Wiped out 3 of their cams in a row. According to them it was my fault every time (despite the ridiculous lengths I went to that "should" have worked). Switched manufactures and never had another issue again. I was treated poorly and their parts didn't work. I'll never Buy stuff from them again.
Posted By: LA360

Re: Tricked Out Solid Flat Tappet Small Block Stuff - 09/07/13 03:58 PM

They would be the Fererra or Trend lifters in a different box I would imagine. The only reason you would spend that kind of $$$ on flat tappet lifters is if your class dictated flat tappet lifters. Some of the Super Stock classes here mandated the use of them, and those engine would turn to 9500 rpm. Tool steel lifters are an alternative to the Schubeck style lifter.
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Tricked Out Solid Flat Tappet Small Block Stuff - 09/07/13 04:06 PM

Quote:

They would be the Fererra or Trend lifters in a different box I would imagine. The only reason you would spend that kind of $$$ on flat tappet lifters is if your class dictated flat tappet lifters. Some of the Super Stock classes here mandated the use of them, and those engine would turn to 9500 rpm. Tool steel lifters are an alternative to the Schubeck style lifter.

agree...I bought and ran shubecks when I was swapping flat tappets around on an eddie headed 416 a few years back....just because it saved extra work and grief... but roller is the way to go if you aren't class limited as you point out... sold the shubecks on here, might still be in use.....
© 2024 Moparts Forums