Moparts

Won Race, Reached Milestone

Posted By: cgall

Won Race, Reached Milestone - 09/04/13 02:29 AM

After taking last year off to pay bills, one of my goals going forward was to win a bracket race in this decade. I have been fortunate enough to have won at least one race in each of the last 4 decades, 1970's to 2000's, and one more would give me a fifth one. Yesterday was mission completed, as I was able to get the win at Tri-State Dragway in Ohio in a $1000 to win footbrake class. I had to take out a couple of my Mopar brothers along the way, though, Prochamp in the quarters and Pozest in the final! Sorry guys!
Posted By: moparguy7074

Re: Won Race, Reached Milestone - 09/04/13 02:38 AM

Congrats! Its no easy feat taking out Pozest!
Posted By: sam64

Re: Won Race, Reached Milestone - 09/04/13 02:44 AM

cool,it's good to accomplish goals.still tryin to decide if I want to tow to Norwalk so it can rain.
Posted By: moparguy7074

Re: Won Race, Reached Milestone - 09/04/13 03:02 AM

You might as well come for the party, it will rain whether you are there or not! I was there last w/e for the 10 grand nationals, and it rained out 2 of the 3 days...
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Won Race, Reached Milestone - 09/04/13 03:45 AM

Congrats Charley - that is taking out a couple of formidable opponents

Russ
Posted By: '72CudaRacer

Re: Won Race, Reached Milestone - 09/04/13 04:56 AM

Congrats on you accomplishment Charlie!
I liked the quote from Wilkerson yesterday, "I have many friends here, but on race day, its every man for himself!" Me personally, I have no friends between the burnout and the turnout.

Brian
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Won Race, Reached Milestone - 09/04/13 05:12 AM

Quote:

Congrats on you accomplishment Charlie!
I liked the quote from Wilkerson yesterday, "I have many friends here, but on race day, its every man for himself!" Me personally, I have no friends between the burnout and the turnout.

Brian

I like beating my freinds early, that gives them some motivation to do better next time What are freinds for if you can't help them BTW, do any of you know how to demotivate them once they start pounding your tail regulary, besides retiring
Posted By: '72CudaRacer

Re: Won Race, Reached Milestone - 09/04/13 05:16 AM

How does that commercial go? "Everyone needs a rival, so they have someone to beat"!

Brian
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Won Race, Reached Milestone - 09/04/13 06:23 AM

Very cool!! Congrats on that huge milestone..
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Won Race, Reached Milestone - 09/04/13 12:36 PM

Congrats,Charley!
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Won Race, Reached Milestone - 09/04/13 01:10 PM

Way to go!!
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Won Race, Reached Milestone - 09/04/13 02:19 PM

Congrats!
Posted By: prochamp

Re: Won Race, Reached Milestone - 09/04/13 06:05 PM

congrats again Charlie, didn't know about the milestone.i hope you know the next time I have you in the crosshairs I won't miss again..haha
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Won Race, Reached Milestone - 09/04/13 06:18 PM

Good 4 u! I guess it pays to take a break which is exactly where I`m at now myself.
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: Won Race, Reached Milestone - 09/04/13 08:30 PM

Good job Charley!!
Posted By: cgall

Re: Won Race, Reached Milestone - 09/05/13 02:32 AM

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. It was a tricky 90 degree day with a head/tail wind and it is difficult to dial your car at this track. Prochamp definitely had me in his crosshairs, as he was dialed 1/10 faster than me with his small-block car. He had a 1/2 a wheel on me at 130 MPH and he went thru and broke out .005. I was safe and a winner, as I was dragging my brakes a bit and not showing my front end going down!

I haven't found any pics yet because they moved all their stuff to Facebook, but I will post if I find any.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Won Race, Reached Milestone - 09/05/13 02:33 AM

VERY cool Congtratz
© 2024 Moparts Forums