Moparts

Congrats BobR

Posted By: 1967dartgt

Congrats BobR - 09/02/13 04:22 PM

Great job at yellowbullet, you brought a bracket car to ol10.5!! Hope it helped pay for the fuel the 10,000 you won. Awesome car by the way.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/02/13 04:56 PM

Saw that yesturday.......... The Cally boyz went back there and kicked azz as usual.............
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/02/13 05:02 PM

Congrats Bob! You guys are starting to have some REAL fun now!!
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/02/13 05:22 PM

Congrats to Bob, Jason, and Doug on the great weekend!
Posted By: all spooled up

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/02/13 07:32 PM

thats great hope he goes to norwalk for the shake down at summit.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/02/13 09:01 PM

Congrats!
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/02/13 09:45 PM

Quote:

Congrats to Bob, Jason, and Doug on the great weekend!

x2 Congrats!
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/02/13 10:42 PM

Congrats
Posted By: dodger mope

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/02/13 11:13 PM

congrats! you guys made it look easy,but most know different.
Posted By: BIGBLOCK_KAT

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/03/13 12:46 AM

Congrats, Doug, Jason and Bob. Had to work but caught some of the event on the live link. Good work.
Posted By: fishy340

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/03/13 01:26 AM

I lol when i heard the announcer say someone put a bounty of 250 on Bobby...Great job man.The event was great and thanks for feeding me Brad.We had a successful few days ourselves w my friend Joe winning 8.50 class and John winning 11.50.I also watched my friend petey sb try x275 for the first time out with his new ride.He impressed us all going 4.77 on the 3 nos pass ever w his new car and w a SMALL BLOCK cast intake 1 carb deal.
Posted By: BobR

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/03/13 02:29 AM

Thanks guys! It was an amazing weekend. Now we are getting some excuses. Too bad. We really did win it the hard way...consistency and great reaction times.

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/03/13 02:31 AM

Quote:

Thanks guys! It was an amazing weekend. Now we are getting some excuses. Too bad. We really did win it the hard way...consistency and great reaction times.

And BTW. Defbob spent the entire weekend in our pit. Looking forward to reading of his experiences.
Posted By: moparts

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/03/13 03:02 AM

Quote:

Quote:

And BTW. Defbob spent the entire weekend in our pit. Looking forward to reading of his experiences.

Yes, Nice talking to you on Saturday, seeing that hemi in the mustang, really looked like it belonged there

Watched your runs until we had to head home around 10 on Sunday night, Tim ( Defbob ) had to work on Monday

He will be posting when He gets caught up on his sleep.

Good luck at Shakedown !!
Posted By: Defbob

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/03/13 11:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I had a great time hanging out with you guys. Doug cut great lights all weekend and you guys kept that car one step ahead of everyone else. Amazing job, a true racing team.
Posted By: 506RR

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/03/13 01:06 PM

You guys did an amazing job out there! Congratulations!
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/03/13 01:28 PM

Way to go, good job!!!

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/03/13 03:34 PM

Quote:

I lol when i heard the announcer say someone put a bounty of 250 on Bobby...Great job man.The event was great and thanks for feeding me Brad.We had a successful few days ourselves w my friend Joe winning 8.50 class and John winning 11.50.I also watched my friend petey sb try x275 for the first time out with his new ride.He impressed us all going 4.77 on the 3 nos pass ever w his new car and w a SMALL BLOCK cast intake 1 carb deal.

Any time bro, need to catch you up to me. Petey's car was awesome for his first outing also, and congrats to your chassis shop on the win in 8.50, hard class there.
Posted By: Kevins493

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/03/13 05:42 PM

Couldn't make it to the race because I was sick, but wow that car sounded great on the live feed. Congrats on the win!
Posted By: sccuda

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/03/13 06:49 PM

Congrats Team Sikora, I had the pleasure of meeting you guys at Woodburn and you guys are a class act. You definately have the car and team to win at whatever race you go to. I was so looking forward to this race when I heard you guys were making the trip. That is one bad ass ride you have and your driver is icing on the cake. With Pettis tuning you guys are unstoppable . Cant wait to see you guys in Vegas. Congrats Again Outlaw 10.5 take notice Team Sikora has found their groove and excuses don't win races.

Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/03/13 07:18 PM

Saw it on the live feed too, congrats!

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/03/13 09:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, Nice talking to you on Saturday, seeing that hemi in the mustang, really looked like it belonged there

Watched your runs until we had to head home around 10 on Sunday night, Tim ( Defbob ) had to work on Monday

He will be posting when He gets caught up on his sleep.

Good luck at Shakedown !!

It was an honor having you guys with us. Thanks again for dropping by.
Posted By: RobX4406

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/03/13 09:35 PM

Nice going Bob!

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/03/13 09:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I had a great time hanging out with you guys. Doug cut great lights all weekend and you guys kept that car one step ahead of everyone else. Amazing job, a true racing team.

As you know the track conditions were lousy. It wasn't easy getting this one done.

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/03/13 09:38 PM

Quote:

Congrats Team Sikora, I had the pleasure of meeting you guys at Woodburn and you guys are a class act. You definately have the car and team to win at whatever race you go to. I was so looking forward to this race when I heard you guys were making the trip. That is one bad ass ride you have and your driver is icing on the cake. With Pettis tuning you guys are unstoppable . Cant wait to see you guys in Vegas. Congrats Again Outlaw 10.5 take notice Team Sikora has found their groove and excuses don't win races.

See you in Vegas!

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/03/13 09:39 PM

Quote:

Nice going Bob!

Thanks Rob. This was a huge win for us.

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/04/13 03:46 AM

Just curious, you feel that was a bad track to get down? Grove is a little narrow, but that is one of the best tracks here for traction. The only one better is Mir.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/04/13 12:29 PM

Congrats,Bob!

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/04/13 02:18 PM

Quote:

Just curious, you feel that was a bad track to get down? Grove is a little narrow, but that is one of the best tracks here for traction. The only one better is Mir.

The heat and humidity killed it for tire limited high HP cars. For us to go real fast the track needs to be under 100 degrees and the air temp 70 or lower. The water grains killed our power. We figured we were down about 400 HP to the high humidity.
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/04/13 02:45 PM

I didnt get to see it, but I have caught what I can on reviews. Congrats to you guys for making the haul and getting it done.

The humidity out here is certainly different ( I am guessing) than you guys run in for the most part ? We were at a track Sunday morning and going to test and try to reset our track record with our Pro Top Outlaw car, but bagged it when we saw the grains of moisture so high. We could have done it, but it was brutal,and at 9AM everyone was sweating their X%*!*^#^ off, so figured wait for a better day and save the maintenance. ( Brad 6 motor)

The biggest deal out here is the overall change from morning to night. We are on the East end of Lake Ontario, and some of these tracks, especially in the valleys can REALLY throw a curve ball at you. Its starts great, gets humid, gets hot, gets windy, starts to cool, gets faster, then huimidity comes in for evening, temos drop, but cars run slower. Its a handful.

Most dont realize the tuning and adjusments made on these cars to get down the track. Although you may have " made it look easy". I know there was more going on there....

Again, nice job
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/04/13 02:52 PM

Great job . You guys have a bad hot rod!

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/04/13 03:06 PM

Quote:

I didnt get to see it, but I have caught what I can on reviews. Congrats to you guys for making the haul and getting it done.

The humidity out here is certainly different ( I am guessing) than you guys run in for the most part ? We were at a track Sunday morning and going to test and try to reset our track record with our Pro Top Outlaw car, but bagged it when we saw the grains of moisture so high. We could have done it, but it was brutal,and at 9AM everyone was sweating their X%*!*^#^ off, so figured wait for a better day and save the maintenance. ( Brad 6 motor)

The biggest deal out here is the overall change from morning to night. We are on the East end of Lake Ontario, and some of these tracks, especially in the valleys can REALLY throw a curve ball at you. Its starts great, gets humid, gets hot, gets windy, starts to cool, gets faster, then huimidity comes in for evening, temos drop, but cars run slower. Its a handful.

Most dont realize the tuning and adjusments made on these cars to get down the track. Although you may have " made it look easy". I know there was more going on there....

Again, nice job

You explained it exactly correct. It was terrible with the sun out, get better at dusk then the dew made the track real tricky. There were several crashes after the sun set on Sunday. We normally run in dry air and had never been involved in humidity like that. We were actually able to add 2 degrees of timimg without hurting the motor. In the evening with the water grains high we had a hard time getting the plugs hot enough to read.
Posted By: fishy340

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/04/13 07:10 PM

Congrat's Bob R...you guys must think i was sniffing glue,but at first i thought this thread was directed at Bobby aka bigtime in 10.00 class who's initials are the same.There was a 250 bounty put on him!!! And not you bud.Ps ur car is pure power and fun to watch.

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/04/13 07:47 PM

Quote:

Congrat's Bob R...you guys must think i was sniffing glue,but at first i thought this thread was directed at Bobby aka bigtime in 10.00 class who's initials are the same.There was a 250 bounty put on him!!! And not you bud.Ps ur car is pure power and fun to watch.

We had everyone taking shots at us. Very few gave us a decent chance. Most were curious at first and some pissed in the end. We knew we were able.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/05/13 02:51 AM

Congratz to ALL the winners

Some great vid's showin up!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exAc7X8bztM&feature=youtu.be

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/06/13 10:50 PM

http://youtu.be/BobYbQMBVms

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/06/13 10:51 PM

http://youtu.be/WVkxbfUgiR4
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/07/13 12:50 AM

Does team Sikora get the long distance award as well??

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/07/13 01:23 AM

Quote:

http://youtu.be/WVkxbfUgiR4

Very Cool!
Posted By: dodger mope

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/07/13 01:31 AM

your car is pretty good but so is the driver

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/07/13 03:03 AM

Quote:

The driver was absolutely the difference in this race.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/07/13 03:50 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Bob, don't let Doug hear you say that, he'll never be able to get his helmet on again You guys did good

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/07/13 06:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bob, don't let Doug hear you say that, he'll never be able to get his helmet on again You guys did good

Doug will even likely tell you that this was his best driving job ever. The car was a handful all weekend and he was on the tree like he was psychic. He was .08 in rd one when we had the guy covered pretty well then .044, .032, .025 and .012 in the final. Nobody left on him. We just made some changes to get the car to react better and they worked but Doug got better and better as his confidence grew. I am so proud of Doug I can't even tell you how much.
Posted By: 340B5

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/08/13 03:06 AM

Congrats! I saw the race on MMTV. You guys are true professionals and it shows. That thing ran straight and hard and the engine sounds happy.

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/08/13 06:08 PM

Quote:

Congrats! I saw the race on MMTV. You guys are true professionals and it shows. That thing ran straight and hard and the engine sounds happy.

Thanks.
Posted By: duster400

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/09/13 04:09 AM

It was great meeting you guys Saturday. I am finally off the 14 hour days so here are the pics I got that actually came out good. I had to resize.

Anthony

Attached picture 7844846-DSCF0030e2.jpg

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/09/13 04:13 AM

Attached picture 7844850-DSCF0032e.jpg

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/09/13 04:15 AM

Attached picture 7844855-DSCF0031e.jpg

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/09/13 04:15 AM

Last one

Attached picture 7844857-DSCF0034e.jpg

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/09/13 03:09 PM

Quote:

It was great meeting you guys Saturday. I am finally off the 14 hour days so here are the pics I got that actually came out good. I had to resize.

Anthony

Glad you have some free time again. Yes, we had some fun BS'ing. Moparts was well represented in our pit all weekend.
Posted By: HPMike

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/09/13 03:18 PM

Sorry I missed it...

Hope to see you guys at the next go round...

Great job!

Mike B..
Posted By: moparts

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/12/13 02:34 AM

A Mustang with a HEMI,

Mopar of the Month

http://www.moparts.org/moparts/picture/web/web.html
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/12/13 04:51 AM

Awesome write up for a very deserving team.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/12/13 06:08 AM

Not to hijack, Dustin, how did you do on Sunday at Spokane?

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/12/13 01:55 PM

Quote:

A Mustang with a HEMI,

Mopar of the Month

http://www.moparts.org/moparts/picture/web/web.html

It was cool that Tim was able to spend most of the weekend with us learning what it takes to race a tire limited high horsepower vehicle. Fortunately we were able to take it the distance in some pretty crappy racing conditions. Thanks to Tim and Tom for hanging out with us and giving their support. It truly was a memorable weekend. Mopar Of The Month is quite an honor for a fox body.
Posted By: 340B5

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/13/13 12:12 AM

It's an unimaginably long trip, but are there any thoughts of going back to rub salt in some wounds?

Re: Congrats BobR - 09/13/13 02:00 AM

Quote:

It's an unimaginably long trip, but are there any thoughts of going back to rub salt in some wounds?

Probably not but there will be several of the cars that we raced against in Norwalk Ohio for the Shakedown. They will have another chance there.
© 2024 Moparts Forums