Moparts

STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES!

Posted By: Copper Dart

STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 12:11 AM

I was just informed that there is a problem with the fit of the new Proform Roller rockers on my new 440 Source Stealth heads.
I'm running a >.500 lift cam with 5/16 Pushrod.
I was told roller tip to valve stem contact point is wrong and the heads will have to be clearanced to fit the pushrods. Something seems wrong.
This is a new problem and is being investigated but I figured to post the issue for some feedback from you Motor Heads
I must add that I'm confident that my builder will identify exactly what is the cause and the correct solution.
It's got me a bit nervous that my Heart and my Pocket may not be able to handle the solution.
Please help if you can.
Thanks moparts!
Posted By: dennismopar73

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 12:46 AM

No worries, My RPMs had a simular issue, My engine builder said this is normal stuff comes into play once in a while,!!

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 12:48 AM

What was the fix?
Posted By: tex013

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 12:51 AM

grind back into the head/port side material to clearance pushrods . done it on both sets of 440 source heads I have .

Tex

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 12:57 AM

Thanks for responding.
What about the roller tips to valve stem issue?
Posted By: topside

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 12:59 AM

Opening up the pushrod holes is a pretty common tweak on Stealth heads, not a big deal - maybe 1 hour - though a bit of a disappointment. But I very rarely have anything go together without any effort. I can't comment on your rocker arms, but the Harland Sharps on mine were fine. Expect to need some improvement on the valve job. Your guy hopefully will check & optimize pushrod length.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 01:05 AM

WELL YOU USED TWO OF THE CHEAPEST PIECES ON THE MARKET WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 01:06 AM

Quote:

I was not going to go there ..

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 01:09 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I was not going to go there ..

somebody has to be honest

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 01:12 AM

Yes, custom ordered thick walled 5/16 with new adjusters ( pro forms were poorly made at the tip/ball end ). A complete pro valve job was done.
I'm sure for you "season gear heads" it's no sweat but this is my first pro full build, blued, balanced and to be run in/Dyno'ed .
It's like we're having a baby again, but this time I'm much more excited than my wife!
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 01:22 AM

I hate to be the bearer of bad news,but I have a set of those Proform rocker arms that were falsely advertised as something else sitting here. They are too short to work properly on any cylinder head. Maybe your machinist knows something I don't on how to make them work but mine are paperweights.
Keith

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 01:37 AM

I believe they can be returned.
My pockets are near empty so witch ones to choose?
Even with the refund, I believe I'll be spending another $300. +|-
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 01:47 AM

I have used the Crane Gold rockers for years,but Hughes Engines has a similar priced set to them.
Keith
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 01:48 AM

Quote:

You simply cannot imagine what even just one elcheapo part can do to set off an entire chain reaction of problems. That last time I helped someone with his engine he bought a few of these "bargain" parts and he ended up selling the car out of disgust. Buy good rockers.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 02:00 AM

Before you get depressed and hang yourself, clearancing for the pushrods should be a minimal expense. But prior to clearancing, you need the rockers you're going to use since the geometry may differ.

You don't need to go crazy on rockers. With only .500 lift, you could use just about any good rocker and they don't need to be rollers. The Crane or Isky nodular iron one's would work just fine with that cam if you could find a used set. I think Hughes has a reasonably priced roller.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 02:01 AM

Quote:

I'm glad you felt it necessary to YELL that to me.

Am I mistaken that eddy's are made overseas too?
I am painting the heads and block to look like stock iron castings with a/c and wanted the advantage of aluminum heads. Not many choices out there guy.
I hope this doesn't turn into a nightmare but it was the best I could afford for my show car.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 02:18 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I am painting the heads and block to look like stock iron castings with a/c and wanted the advantage of aluminum heads. Not many choices out there guy.
I hope this doesn't turn into a nightmare but it was the best I could afford for my show car.

I wouldn't hesitate to run stock rockers on a .500 lift juice cam.
Posted By: dodgeboy11

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 02:56 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-383-413-42...978&vxp=mtr

I have a set of these on my 440. The adjusters needed to be replaced due to one of them breaking on the dyno, used T&D adjusters in my case. So far they're holding up well. The ones I had for my small block had hardness issues on the rollers and were falling apart. They had CAT cast into them and these on the 440 do not. I still have no doubt they're made in the same place but apparently got the roller hardness figured out finally. Mine's running approximately .500" lift at the valve as well. I recommend name brand springs on those 'Source heads. Haven't heard much good about the chinese made springs and dropping a valve can make a boat anchor out of a good engine really quick. Maybe you already have good springs, didn't catch it if you posted that. Good luck, hope you don't give up on the project, good things take time.

Attached picture 7799125-7-29-10002.jpg
Posted By: topside

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 02:58 AM

The Eddy heads on my other motor needed the same tweaking as the Stealths on my newest motor.
I've heard Crane Gold & Hughes are decent rocker arms, and I think 383man is running the 440Source or Hughes rockers; hopefully he'll chime in and correct me. I spend the extra $$ for HS because I've always had good experience with them, but that's overkill for your combo.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 03:20 AM

With the custom length pushrods and adjuster tips already purchased (they cost a bit more than the rockers! ) I think staying with roller rockers is wise.
If I knew it would become an issue, I might have opted to stick with the stock valve gear for my mild build.
20:20

Looks like a few have had good results with the 440 source heads.
Confident enough to purchase them again! I hope mine turn out good too.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 03:25 AM

Quote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-383-413-42...978&vxp=mtr

I have a set of these on my 440. The adjusters needed to be replaced due to one of them breaking on the dyno, used T&D adjusters in my case. So far they're holding up well. The ones I had for my small block had hardness issues on the rollers and were falling apart. They had CAT cast into them and these on the 440 do not. I still have no doubt they're made in the same place but apparently got the roller hardness figured out finally. Mine's running approximately .500" lift at the valve as well. I recommend name brand springs on those 'Source heads. Haven't heard much good about the chinese made springs and dropping a valve can make a boat anchor out of a good engine really quick. Maybe you already have good springs, didn't catch it if you posted that. Good luck, hope you don't give up on the project, good things take time.

Sweet! I will look into those for sure!
Thanks, Ricky
P.S.
Shame they don't make a clear valve cover set for your engine.
Posted By: forphorty

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 03:48 AM

Would probably be more reliable than cheap roller rockers. I've run stock rockers with a Comp 292 in a 440 for over 20 years with only one failure. Lots of street miles.
Posted By: dodgeboy11

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 04:01 AM

Quote:

Sweet! I will look into those for sure!
Thanks, Ricky
P.S.
Shame they don't make a clear valve cover set for your engine.

I'd need a clear hood too and the engine compartment in my truck is not pretty...

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 05:28 AM

I don't think pushrod length will be to much of an issue if you change rockers and stick with whatever ratio you currently have. Most manufacturers want 0 to 2 adjuster threads showing - that gives you close to 1/8" to play with. And with that cam I wouldn't worry if there were 3 threads showing.

Changing lifters would be an issue as there is absolutely no standard there.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 11:45 AM

Thanks for the assuring words to my delima.
I will tend to agree that several Roller Rockers setups would have very close to the same Pushrod lengths required for my assembly.
When the poster said "he's got a set (of profom's) that are too short to fit any big block head and he's having to use them as paperweights" I breathed a sy of relief because I was worried that their was possibly an issue with the head geometry.
Thanks to you all!
P.S. YOU TOO! I'm not deaf, just ignorant.
Posted By: 408Dust

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 12:11 PM

Save some of your money for when the valve seat falls out hangs the valve open and kills your new baby.
Posted By: therocks

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 12:29 PM

Ive run the Stealths on my built 440 since they came out.I did change the springs,retainers and keepers to Comps as my cam and engine are pretty radical for street.No problems at all with mine.I run an old set of Sig Erson adjustable iron rockers.That and Crane alloy 3/8 pushrods.With Eddys I would have done the same swap with the heads and then would have notched my domes to clear the angle plugs.Why they dont make a straight plug head is beyond me.Rocky
Posted By: BradH

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 12:33 PM

Changing brands of rocker arms may require a different length pushrod, too. When I was switching three different brands of rockers (Hughes, Indy/Dove, Harland Sharp) checking for the best geometry on a set of heads, none of them would have used the same length.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 01:14 PM

Quote:

Changing brands of rocker arms may require a different length pushrod, too. When I was switching three different brands of rockers (Hughes, Indy/Dove, Harland Sharp) checking for the best geometry on a set of heads, none of them would have used the same length.

Do you recall and average measurement difference between them?
None within USABLE range?
Ricky

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 01:29 PM

Only saying...
Since the relationship of shaft and shaft tower to valve tip shouldn't change.
Considering the ratio of say 1.5.
To maintain the 1.5 ratio, the relationship of the shaft to adjuster should be predetermined.
Shouldn't that window of placement be the same or VERY close. If so, why would there be such variations in overall specs that would make them ( the pushrods ) unusable?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 02:23 PM

Quote:

Only saying...
Since the relationship of shaft and shaft tower to valve tip shouldn't change.
Considering the ratio of say 1.5.
To maintain the 1.5 ratio, the relationship of the shaft to adjuster should be predetermined.
Shouldn't that window of placement be the same or VERY close. If so, why would there be such variations in overall specs that would make them ( the pushrods ) unusable?

The arm itself might be a bit higher at the adjuster..
and to get all the companies to have the same specs
is highly unlikely

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 02:37 PM

I (personally) think the pushrods won't be an issue BUT you have to resolve the rocker issue first. And you might want to mention to your engine builder that in the Mopar world "perfect" is unlikely. If the pushrods were custom made by either Manton or Smiths there's a possibility they can modify them by shortening them or changing one end or the other - "possibility".
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 02:52 PM

As noted by many here, these are all common problems with these heads, as far as pushrod clearancing goes. I think its crazy a 5/16 pushrod wont clear, but thats all part of the budget style heads. Is what it is. You save on the heads, but have to pay the shop to make the necessary changes. Happens all the time.

The rocker issue is another story. This is exaclty why I had Harland Sharp change the length of their rockers when using them on Edelbrock heads. The roller tip/ valve centering wasnt right. With a Proform rocker, I harldy dount there was any engineering involved, they simply copied old Crane rockers and used the same dimensions I bet. The Cranes were great rockers for their time, but they too dont fit a Edelbrock or Stealth properly. The Harlands with the Edelbrock changes fit great, and so do the Hughes rockers. The Hughes are a great value for what you get, and the geometry is fine for these heads.

All that being said, your builder already has pushrods that will hopefully work with something else. For the money, try and find some ductile Cranes or similar. Best bang for the buck for you. If you had some good stock rockers, or MP heavy dutys, they would work fine too, but then your right back into needing different pushrods. The Cranes would be a great compromise.

Dont over engineer a very simple build here. Based on your budget comments, your not going to get a perfect fit of anything, but you can get something useable and still will live just fine...
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 03:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

You felt it necessary to YELL at EVERYONE with your thread title ...

Quote:

STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES!

Quote:

Yes, you are sadly mistaken, Ebrock has their own foundry and it's not in southeast asia ...

The LAST place to skimp is on rocker arms , you buy cheap chinese junk , you get cheap chinese junk.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 03:04 PM

Let me clear the air.
I'm the one thats un-knowing.
My engine builder is a well known professional with many years under his belt and his expertise and experience with especially big block Mopar would never be questioned. He was trying to save me a buck on this mild build and expected no big issues with the Proform parts. Lesson learned.
I agree with some of you that we will resolve this issue by replacing the rockers with a better quality set. (I hope )
I will post results as I receive them.
Cant find the "Graemlin" for Crossing my fingers.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 03:12 PM

Quote:

Let me clear the air.
My engine builder is a well known professional with many years under his belt and his expertise and experience with especially big block Mopar would never be questioned. He was trying to save me a buck on this mild build and expected no big issues with the Proform parts. Lesson learned.
I agree with some of you that we will resolve this issue by replacing the rockers with a better quality set. (I hope )

If this is the case then why are you here asking what to do and second guessing the knowledge of the trust you are placing in the builder ?

Look down for the crossing your fingers , it right next to one that is sometimes appropriate in these type threads ... ...

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 03:34 PM

First, I didn't realize I was yelling in the subject line. Rookie mistake. Please forgive me.
Second, I was not questioning the builder just wanting to hear from others about their experiences with Stealths and Proform combo's and what I might expect to run into.
Seems I am NOT the first nor the only one that has traveled down that combo road.
I should have inquired about it sooner and prepared to spend more $.
I know I know....
"Cant run with the Big dogs, stay on the porch"

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 03:48 PM

I can tell you this;
I have a new found level of RESPECT for you guys like MR P BODY and the like!
I never knew your level of dedication and commitment to go FAST!
I am blown away at the costs of good performance parts.
You guys either out of your minds or wealthy or a little of both.
Congrats to you all with so much AIR under the wheels! WOW!!!
Ricky

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 03:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

... When I was switching three different brands of rockers (Hughes, Indy/Dove, Harland Sharp) checking for the best geometry on a set of heads, none of them would have used the same length.

... None within USABLE range?

Unfortunately, no. The locations of the pushrod adjusting screws were different enough for each rocker that none of the correctly sized pushrods for one brand of rocker would have worked with the others.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 03:58 PM

Quote:

... With a Proform rocker, I harldy dount there was any engineering involved, they simply copied old Crane rockers and used the same dimensions I bet. The Cranes were great rockers for their time, but they too dont fit a Edelbrock or Stealth properly.

The Proforms are like short (and cheap) versions of Cranes from what I've seen, not exact copies. There's a picture or two in AndyF's book that shows the difference in fulcrum lengths pretty clearly.

Crane golds I've mocked up on Edelbrock bb heads had pretty good rocker-to-valve geometry, but I didn't take it the next step to see if they were likely to have pushrod clearance issues. IIRC, the 1.6s were more likely to have that problem than the 1.5s.
Posted By: dennismopar73

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 04:15 PM

Some of my issues was resolved with just making a shim and moving the rocker arms,,Also while checking this , we measured the actual ratio and found that the proforms was not a 1-5, , so we ordered a new set of 1-5 from crane,as well as a set of 1-6,In order to get the ave of a 1-5 ratio,I needed 1-6 rocker!
I guess a guy could actual just go nuts and check every rocker arm /push rod, lifter measure every cam lobe, everything to the inth degree.
Make no mistake tho,just because it is a so called valued name brand that there are no issues is foolish,or just because the part is one of a cheaper caliber,does not mean that it will not work as told by the maker!
For some reason most of these seasoned racers tend to have that holy than tho syndrome, and if you are not running the parts that they run you are some kind of a 'tool' .
When it comes to performance parts, no one maker has the end to issues that crops up from time to time in their products,
Some engine builders seam to build more into it than what is really out there.
No one can say where a budget falls on this as it vairies to much from a street guy , to full out race acholic!
At one point we Mopar guys wished that there was performance parts that was cheap enough to make more power out of our stuff, now we have such, and fits a lot of budgets for just about everyone,

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 04:28 PM

Quote:

I can tell you this;
Ricky

now that we have all that cleared up, what part of Florida?

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 04:38 PM

Quicktree,
Western, West Palm Beach.
Loxahatchee

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 04:40 PM

Quote:

Quicktree,
Loxahatchee

cool we are up north in Jacksonville and race at Gainesville most of the time by the way nice looking car from what I see.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 04:46 PM

Quote:

Quicktree,
Loxahatchee

With that said I know what engine builder you are not using as he would never suggest that rocker.

Good luck with the build

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 04:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quicktree,
Loxahatchee

With that said I know what engine builder you are not using as he would never suggest that rocker.

Good luck with the build

same here

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 05:43 PM

Quote:

I'm sure we've all run "budget" parts at some time in our lives only to find out that its cheaper in the long run to spend a little more on quality products.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 09:07 PM

When "Push Comes to Shove" we are all Family under the Pentastar!
I'll try to do right by my Mopar brothers (and sisters too) keeping them on the road proud.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/02/13 09:23 PM

Quote:

Let me clear the air.

IF he`s that bad ass he wouldn`t skimp in one of the areas that can do the most damage to your motor..........

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/03/13 01:23 AM

It was ALOT more me than him. I'm the one trying to squeeze as much for as little.
Just for the record, the HS's have been ordered and in route OUCH!

Thumper dart, nice shot!
Reminds me while as a younger man watching Mr. Mike Toot and his bad ass Dart's @ Miami Hollywood International Speedway.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/03/13 01:46 AM

Good on the HS` and it wasn`t a shot just facts............
Posted By: forphorty

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/03/13 08:24 PM

Quote:

he mighta meant nice shot(pic) of your car

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/03/13 08:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Could be...........

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/04/13 01:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Yep, that's what I meant.
It's like a graduation picture. ( I Finnished college )
Here's my Diploma!

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/04/13 05:31 PM

Thankxxx..............

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/04/13 10:47 PM

Quote:

It was ALOT more me than him. I'm the one trying to squeeze as much for as little.

Thumper dart, nice shot!
Reminds me while as a younger man watching Mr. Mike Toot and his bad ass Dart's @ Miami Hollywood International Speedway.

Which Harland sharps did you get? The ones you need are only available thru Mancini , at least they were only available thru Mancini , they are bushed on the shaft instead of full roller bearing.
Posted By: SLOW67

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/04/13 11:52 PM

Quote:

I can tell you this;
Ricky

Not all of us are rich...ALL of my turbo setup has came from china, and the only part that has failed was me on the tuning end

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/05/13 01:00 AM

I haven't been informed which ones nor how much $
I will update soon.

I'm so friggin excited about the Dyno Run-In I can't stand myself.
I'm like continuously walking around trying to hide a woody every time I think about it.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/05/13 03:43 AM

Quote:

I haven't been informed which ones nor how much $
I will update soon.

I'm so friggin excited about the Dyno Run-In I can't stand myself.
I'm like continuously walking around trying to hide a woody every time I think about it.

Well you should find out , if he ordered the wrongs ones it's going to be more headaches.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/05/13 04:43 PM

Wrong "Harland Sharp" Rockers?
What would be considered wrong?
I'm certain he knows what he's doing and I'm keeping my mouth shut and suggestions to myself.
I've caused enough grief already.

Attached picture 7803178-0722131748-00.jpg

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/11/13 06:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thumper dart, nice shot!

Which Harland sharps did you get? The ones you need are only available thru Mancini , at least they were only available thru Mancini , they are bushed on the shaft instead of full roller bearing.

From what I read, I would prefer the bushed rockers. A relatively low lift cam doesn't benefit from needle bearing. That being said (my ). I will not question my builders choice on the rockers.
Looking forward to the Dyno run-in soon!

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/11/13 06:44 PM

I don't see any bushed Harland Sharp roller rockers on Mancini's web site for RB Mopars. Am I missing something or are they special order or something?
Posted By: Twostick

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/11/13 07:08 PM

I don't know where your pushrods were hitting but I can't imagine a 5/16 rod not clearing if the rocker geometry is correct. 3/8 is a different story. If your cam was a hyd I would bet you could have run stock rockers and solved the problem.

To the guy with the pic of the Pretend-a-Comps, keep a close watch on the roller tips. I had some of those and the rollers got very sloppy on their axles very quickly. Thank God for leaky valve covers or I might have gotten a very nasty surprise.

Also make sure that the tip of the arm isn't hitting the retainer before the roller hits the valve. On my E-heads I had to trim them on a mill for clearance with the OOTB retainers.

Kevin
Posted By: d7cook

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/11/13 08:07 PM

Quote:

I don't see any bushed Harland Sharp roller rockers on Mancini's web site for RB Mopars. Am I missing something or are they special order or something?

http://www.manciniracing.com/free_flyer/pdf/Mancini%20Spring%2013.pdf

Page 7

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/11/13 08:10 PM

I was told the roller to valve tip issue has be resolved using the HS's.
He didn't say anything about the Pushrod clearance so I take it that was resolved too.
I hope to hear it run soon!

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/12/13 03:22 AM

I still cant find "Bushed" roller tip Harland Sharp rockers, only needle bearing type.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/12/13 04:16 AM

Posted By: Skeptic

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/12/13 04:41 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Page 7

Quote:

Product Description
Axle Differential Case, Chrysler 8.75 in., Nodular Iron, 1.875 in. Bearing Bore, 30 Spline, Each

Yukon Gear & Axle iron third member cases are made from heavy-duty nodular iron for maximum strength. These cases are offered in performance and OEM replacement styles for a range of applications. Yukon third member cases are designed to perform and built to last!

Note: Includes billet side adjusters.

Mancinis roller rockers don't state there are bushed or needle bearing, the Hughes do state they are bushed however.
Posted By: 493_DART

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/12/13 05:07 AM

Quote:

REAL HELPFUL THERE D-BAG !!

NOT EVERYONE HAS $$$$ FOR T&D ROCKERS AND INDY HEADS !!

MY "CHEAP CHINESE" 440SOURCE PARTS ARE STILL ROCKIN ...SINCE 2007 ! BET THAT MAKES YOU A LITTLE BUTTHURT. I KNOW IT DOES.

WELCOME TO MY IGNORE LIST D-BAG.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/12/13 05:51 AM

Page 7 on the flyer say they are bushed. I just put a set on Performer heads and they seem like good pieces for the price.
Posted By: big_wedge

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/12/13 10:32 AM

I run stock rockers with a .509 cam into the low 6000s

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/12/13 10:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

REAL HELPFUL THERE D-BAG !!

NOT EVERYONE HAS $$$$ FOR T&D ROCKERS AND INDY HEADS !!

MY "CHEAP CHINESE" 440SOURCE PARTS ARE STILL ROCKIN ...SINCE 2007 ! BET THAT MAKES YOU A LITTLE BUTTHURT. I KNOW IT DOES.

WELCOME TO MY IGNORE LIST D-BAG.

good i hope someone tells you to stick it for me

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/12/13 03:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

You simply cannot imagine what even just one elcheapo part can do to set off an entire chain reaction of problems. That last time I helped someone with his engine he bought a few of these "bargain" parts and he ended up selling the car out of disgust. Buy good rockers.

elcheapo
considering that the parts are made in China, wouldn't the correct term be maybe ChaChingCheapo
For what its worth, my wife, that puts up with me and my obsession with my cars, is Chinese!
I Love You Baby!

UPDATE - 08/14/13 01:01 PM

tic tock tic tock...............cant sleep waiting for Saturday.
Can you say DYNO!!!!!

Attached picture 7813682-ResizedImage_1376431601437.jpg

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/14/13 03:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thumper dart, nice shot!

JohnRR,
you are correct! Good call, that's exactly what was ordered.
If I'm not mistaken, you know the builder.
I know you ALL will approve
Saturday ....
in the Dyno think it was the 17th of Aug ...........people......a man selling Icecream....

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/14/13 03:13 PM

Just noticed my "Cha-Ching-Cheapo" status
At least someone with a sense of Humor
......I think .....

Dyno, Dyno

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/14/13 04:15 PM

Quote:

Just noticed my "Cha-Ching-Cheapo" status
At least someone with a sense of Humor
......I think .....

Dyno, Dyno

looks good tell elvis we said hi

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/14/13 07:12 PM

After its burning fuel
Posted By: modelmakerinc

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/15/13 03:35 AM

QuickTree it is not "elvis" building the engine.

Dan at Performance Only has had the "pleasure"
Posted By: 1968RR

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/15/13 04:39 AM

Quote:

I was told the roller to valve tip issue has be resolved using the HS's.
He didn't say anything about the Pushrod clearance so I take it that was resolved too.
I hope to hear it run soon!

I run HS rockers, myself, and I'm happy with them (as many on this board have already told you, cheap rockers often end up costing you more in the end). But, I would recommend that your engine builder look over the rockers before installing. This isn't a knock against your builder - my HS rockers came with a lot of loose aluminum filings in the shaft, in the rockers, etc.
HS makes good rockers, but they need to work on finishing their product, IMHO. Maybe they've improved this since I bought my rockers a couple of years ago.
...just trying to help.
Posted By: Von

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/15/13 05:09 AM

Quote:

I have a set of Dove, Hughes, stock adjustables, HS and Ersons. None of the lengths are the same for any two of the above brands. A couple were close, but not "right" for both.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/15/13 10:05 AM

Quote:

QuickTree it is not "elvis" building the engine.

Dan at Performance Only has had the "pleasure"

i know but elvis has the dyno

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/15/13 12:52 PM

Oh my, My Brother (Copper Dart) and Elvis may be like oil and water. We'll see

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/15/13 01:12 PM

"Oil and water"......
What should I expect from Elvis?
? ? ?can't find the Graemlins for FART

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/15/13 04:05 PM

Quote:

"Oil and water"......
What should I expect from Elvis?
? ? ?can't find the Graemlins for FART

blue swede shoes and a purple 1 piece jump suit? Elvis is Ok you will be fine

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/15/13 04:46 PM

I was just kidding.
I must add that I just glanced at this months Mopar Muscle article on Eddie Miller and his Duster and thanks to you guy's, I know who Elvis is!!!
This Saturday is turning out to be a Very special day for me. I'll be in the same room with some GO FAST "god's" lower case
HOLY CRAP BAT MAN
I'll try to take some pictures to share if they'll let me.

Dyno=Ultimate Man Cave

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/15/13 10:58 PM

How much drop in HP to the wheels should be expected?
Is it some mathematical equation?
Engine - tire diameter, gear ratio, = expected HP@ the wheels?
Just to get an rough idea what to expect?

Is the only way to find out is using chassis dyno?

Curious only and maybe some daydreaming

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/15/13 11:41 PM

Quote:

oh I thought you were going on motor dyno?

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/16/13 12:17 AM

Correct, Motor Dyno.

See the line "Daydreaming"
I was advised that the 275/60R15 BFG's aren't going to be too happy!

Did I show you my Sonogram??
Thanks Doctor Dan!

Attached picture 7815652-ResizedImage_1376604799559.jpg

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/16/13 12:29 AM

Before I get Chastised about it.
It's an Edelbrock performer stock flat hood clearance intake manifold.

Why do I get the feeling that this is just the beginning of the Morphing of my car? Why would I think that anyway??

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/16/13 01:56 AM

Quote:

I was just kidding.
I must add that I just glanced at this months Mopar Muscle article on Eddie Miller and his Duster and thanks to you guy's, I know who Elvis is!!!
This Saturday is turning out to be a Very special day for me. I'll be in the same room with some GO FAST "god's" lower case
HOLY CRAP BAT MAN
I'll try to take some pictures to share if they'll let me.

Dyno=Ultimate Man Cave

***Correction***: Not the Mopar Muscle Mag but Hot Rod 10/13 Under "Drag Week Rumors" pg24. Sorry Eddie

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/16/13 11:26 AM

Quote:

well to answer your question, according to my challengers weight,ET, and mph my 360 was making around 535hp on the chassis dyno it put down 467hp to the rear wheels.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/16/13 02:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thumper dart, nice shot!

JohnRR,
Saturday ....
in the Dyno think it was the 17th of Aug ...........people......a man selling Icecream....

Yes I do , I talked to him last week and he outed himself , you are in good hands , no need to second guess him and when he tells you a part you can't afford is the preferred choice eat bread and water for a few weeks and heed his advice ...

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/16/13 02:54 PM

Quote:

Before I get Chastised about it.
It's an Edelbrock performer stock flat hood clearance intake manifold.

Why do I get the feeling that this is just the beginning of the Morphing of my car? Why would I think that anyway??

On a 440 yes it is,

You could probably squeak an RPM in there but you'll have to use a drop base air cleaner and possibly a shorter than optimum air filter height.

Ask Dan about a Street Dominator on that build , I have one that I may be parting with here very soon , that will give you a little more clearance over the RPM i believe ???
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/16/13 04:24 PM

I have been purposly staying away from this thread because I hate the negativity thats thrown at anyone on this board that has the honesty to say they didn't buy the most expensive stuff possible. With that said: To the OP: I've had a great experience with my stealth heads. With no portwork whatsoever, they work great on my combo. I run ProComp stainless steel rockers. They are bushed at the shaft and have a roller-tip. I had a problem with them when I first got them with the adjuster studs breaking, but when I called Pro-Comp they fessed up that they had some bad adjusters get out, and sent me a new set of slightly different ones at no cost. No issues since then. I run them on a .573 lift solid. I've done numerous valve adjustment / checkups on them, and never found an issue.

FWIW: you may have chose the wrong route with the RB Block in a 67 (if this is in fact going into the car in your pic?). Hood clearance is an issue with these cars, and that may keep you from using the correct intake for your combo (pssst: lose the performer, its gonna cost you hp.).

Good luck at the Dyno, and with the car!
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/16/13 05:33 PM

With regards to the intake, 5 simple words:

Port matched Holley Sreet Dominator.

Hood clearance in ANY car, and will flat out run that Performer. In fact, the only gain in the Performer over a OE iron intake is less weight.

Now, we want DYNO numbers ! ! !

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/16/13 06:40 PM

I'll talk to Dan on intake choices that would be worth at least trying just for the Dyno numbers.
If it's not too much $, I will be glad to put up some $ to see it first hand the HP differences. (remember "Cha-Ching Cheapo" ) It would be a waste not to try at least one other intake manifold for numbers sake.
Just some food for thought, Block was decked and intake fitted, it may not be that easy just swapping out another intake. I would have to have on on hand and ready to go in the AM at the latest.

Do I see a Satin Black Fiberglass Hood with a 6 pack scoop in my future?

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/16/13 06:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thumper dart, nice shot!

JohnRR,
Saturday ....

Yes I do , I talked to him last week and he outed himself , you are in good hands , no need to second guess him and when he tells you a part you can't afford is the preferred choice eat bread and water for a few weeks and heed his advice ...

JohnRR, I'm down to just Water

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/16/13 07:49 PM

Theres a strong possibility that we may try a "M1" intake tomorrow just for numbers sake.

As MOST of you MOTORHEAD guys know ,(and I am just now learning) a lot more goes into an Engine Build Recipe than meets the eye.

I will be passing around the donation plate
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/16/13 08:56 PM

Quote:

Theres a strong possibility that we may try a "M1" intake tomorrow just for numbers sake.

As MOST of you MOTORHEAD guys know ,(and I am just now learning) a lot more goes into an Engine Build Recipe than meets the eye.

I will be passing around the donation plate

You learned that trick from Elvis I bet.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/16/13 09:00 PM

Do I bring a "NANNER" sandwich as a peace offering?

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/16/13 09:46 PM

You may not been around here long enough to have seen it. Eddy/Elvis would pass the hat on here every year before drag week. Half the time he didn't even have a tow rig or gas money to get there.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/16/13 10:25 PM

Where the hell is Eddie these days??? Seemed he done wore out his welcome, here????; but he sure did a good dissapearing act. Does he hang out over at YB?

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/16/13 10:29 PM

Well my Dyno time should help the cause.

I'm bringing the Hot Rod magazine to ask if he will autograph the article on him and his car for me.

He's made a heck of a name for himself and for Mopar!
You can tell he's doing something right by all the crap others throw at him.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/16/13 10:57 PM

Quote:

Well my Dyno time should help the cause.

I'm bringing the Hot Rod magazine to ask if he will autograph the article on him and his car for me.

He's made a heck of a name for himself and for Mopar!
You can tell he's doing something right by all the crap others throw at him.

oh geez his head is already to big to fit in a helmet now this

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/16/13 11:39 PM

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/17/13 01:27 PM

Why does the little guy stick his out after the crap is all over him from the fan

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/17/13 01:48 PM

I couldn't sleep much last night in anticipation of the Dyno run later today.

I wasn't asked to but I'm bringing 5 gallons of REC 90 fuel with me. It's the fuel I will be using in the car from now on.
After seeing what happened with the the fuel system in my '67 Satellite, I will avoid using alcohol blended fuel again.
Hey, it doesn't hurt being 90 octane too!
Around here, it runs about the same price as 92/93 octane from the pump and its available at several stations not too far from me.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/17/13 01:55 PM

good luck take video's

of elvis

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/17/13 02:10 PM

Quicktree,
What's your opinion on running REC90 fuel with just under 11:1 on the street?

What say you?

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/17/13 02:12 PM

Quote:

Quicktree,
What's your opinion on running REC90 fuel with just under 11:1 on the street?

What say you?

not familiar with it. you have aluminum heads so pump gas shouldn't be an issue with the right cam/timing.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/17/13 02:14 PM

Thanks, I did read your other post under "octane"
REC90 is a non ethanol/alcohol blend fuel that most boats require so its available near most coastal and lake marina's.
It smells like old school gas too, leaning a little like what I smell at the track. I think like "purple" gas?

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/17/13 03:25 PM

you should have made a post on guess the hp and give the specs on the motor

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 12:04 AM

well we are waiting

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 03:15 AM

9 pm just heard from my brother all went well, I will let him share the numbers on the build.

to Dan and Elvis they made it an enjoyable experience for him.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 12:11 PM

Quote:

In too late to respond. Thanks Henry.
Ok, I'll bite.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 12:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

In too late to respond. Thanks Henry.
Ok, I'll bite.

well start a new thread or just tell us i'll guess with the info you gave. 405hp 375tq

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 12:50 PM

Quicktree, it's hard to believe how close you are!
Did you call Elvis?

CanYou Guess the HP?

Here are the specs to the best of my ability.
Started as a Stock '67 440.
Mods: 0.30 over parallel and square decked to 0.0 Deck
Probe forged PBP-12498-030 and file fit rings.
Stealth heads, reworked valve job, *10 locks/retainers adjusted springs.
Comps cam kit CL21-671-4 Nostlgia Plus 284/291 484/484
Harland Sharp rollers from Mancini
10.8:1 compression (may be 10.9)
Pro Timming Gear set
Edelbrock Performer ( not RPM )
Quick Fuel HR-780VS
Balanced.
NGK -9
REC90 fuel for all pulls.

Quick tree, seeing that you made your guess already. Are you disqualified now?

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 12:58 PM

no I haven't talked to anyone, but I messed with a lot of 440's in the old days. the stealth head is a stock replacement and you didn't mention porting so I assumed there was none. with that cam I should be pretty close and you if you came out there in one piece after listening to elvis sing all day I give you props.
Posted By: Performance Only

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 01:41 PM

Quote:

and you if you came out there in one piece after listening to elvis sing all day I give you props.

I think by the time we left I heard Ricky singing the title track to an old Beatles movie.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 01:52 PM

Let me say this, Thanks Dan @ Performance Only!
Great build! Your the Man!
Thanks to Eddie (Elvis) @ The Engine Works.
It's fun watching you both working like bees around the Dyno.
It was an experience!

Eddie is REALLY passionate about Elvis. I'm a musician and I can appreciate almost any music. That being said, a little bit too much of anything..............!
12 Noon till 9pm ouch!

I never even amagined that that many Elvis toons were recorded!
Eddie's a Great guy. Very personable not standoffish or unfriendly. He is defantly a character. Thanks again Eddie, I hope to get to see you again, you know we will be cheering you on to Another Victory!

You walk around with a horse power calculator in your head and Elvis in your ears and ........Eddie.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 02:09 PM

Dan,
Horsepower calculator crunching numbers all day and ...........Van Halen's "Hot for Teacher" Drum Masterpiece intro and you have............
Dan!
I think it hard to ruffle Dan's feathers. Easy to get along with is an understatement!
We were all very pleased with the run-in.
I suspect that Eddie was caught by surprise ......can you say Torque?
All Hail Dan!

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 03:48 PM

ok spill the beans
Posted By: bonefish

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 03:49 PM

Quote:

ok spill the beans

YEH<WHASSUP

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 05:44 PM

Should we just start the guesses?

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 05:47 PM

Quote:

Should we just start the guesses?

ummmmm yes

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 06:11 PM

I will say this, it was deemed unnecessary to swap to the M1 intake manifold.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Another newbie question, should I start a build thread? I intend on trying to install the engine, trans, hedders and "K" frame as an assembly lowering the car down over it. I have a few days off to try it.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 06:18 PM

I'm still waiting on the actual paper Dyno sheets, all I have are phone camera snapshots of the display panel. Elvis said he will get us ( Dan and I ) printouts soon.

So for now, lets hear your best guesses.

Quicktree gets another try now that he has the build info.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 06:33 PM

Quote:

I will say this, it was deemed unnecessary to swap to the M1 intake manifold.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Another newbie question, should I start a build thread? I intend on trying to install the engine, trans, hedders and "K" frame as an assembly lowering the car down over it. I have a few days off to try it.

yes I would

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 06:35 PM

Quote:

I'm still waiting on the actual paper Dyno sheets, all I have are phone camera snapshots of the display panel. Elvis said he will get us ( Dan and I ) printouts soon.

So for now, lets hear your best guesses.

Quicktree gets another try now that he has the build info.

I am not changing,I am betting I am with in 15hp +- and you may as well post what you have I will probably die of old age before you get the info

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 06:58 PM

You may have a Sasquatch sighting in Florida before you SEE the sheets!!!!!...

You'll be close on HP, and way off on torque.

With Eddy talking so much, he sometimes sucks all the oxygen out of the dyno cell, and it changes the way engines needs to be tuned.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 07:03 PM

CompWedgeEngines, you forgot to leave your guess!

WARNING! Don't get Eddie started.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 07:46 PM

Quote:

You may have a Sasquatch sighting in Florida before you SEE the sheets!!!!!...

You'll be close on HP, and way off on torque.

With Eddy talking so much, he sometimes sucks all the oxygen out of the dyno cell, and it changes the way engines needs to be tuned.

yea the tq may be a little more...

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 07:53 PM

ok...I'll play along on the guessing game...how about 434 ish HP...and ...well....maybe 475-485 ish torque......

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 08:19 PM

Hold everything, just wait a minute now guys.
Maybe we should post a bunch of pictures of the engine on the dyno. Then when someone asks for dyno information we can totally ignore the question and we can claim any numbers we want.
Hmmm, yeah, that's the ticket. Heck, maybe we could even write a book to help promote the products we used that were either donated or heavily discounted.
Or then again, maybe not.
Copper Dart, This will be you pretty soon.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 08:27 PM

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 08:32 PM

Quote:

Maybe we should post a bunch of pictures of the engine on the dyno. Then when someone asks for dyno information we can totally ignore the question and we can claim any numbers we want.
Hmmm, yeah, that's the ticket. Heck, maybe we could even write a book to help promote the products we used that were either donated or heavily discounted.
Or then again, maybe not.
Copper Dart, This will be you pretty soon.

if thats the case I am changing my guess. this should make at least 750hp

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 09:43 PM

With a Turbin like that, ide guess 749.

JohnRR,....... "Come on down"......
you are the next contestant on the HP is Right!

i'm still hearing Elvis tunes in my head!

Attached picture 7818800-8-17=13DYNO440023.JPG

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 09:44 PM

she's alive!

Attached picture 7818802-8-17=13DYNO440024.JPG

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 09:53 PM

Ok, Im changing my guess to 4.9 and 15.6 .

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 09:53 PM

Home safely, well almost.
now on to the install if it will just stop raining.

A bit heavy for a newborn!

Attached picture 7818809-8-17=13DYNO440026.JPG

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 09:56 PM

458 hp 513 torque

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 10:09 PM

Quote:

Ok, Im changing my guess to 4.9 and 15.6 .

Yup, that was it. That was full throttle and all it would muster. I thought maybe we could stand it up to bolt it to a lawnmower but wasn't sure it would make enough power to turn the blade.

Attached picture 7818819-7818802-8-17=13DYNO440024.jpg

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/18/13 10:51 PM

ok get on with it already
Posted By: BSB67

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/19/13 01:47 AM

Quote:

Posted By: BSB67

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/19/13 01:52 AM

I'll say 420 hp, 445 lbft.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/19/13 03:53 AM

BSB67,
Very impressive numbers especially for such a heavyweight!
Good job.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/20/13 01:22 AM

I'm going to start the build thread. I hope to get it done this week. at least the install of the engine, transmission, Front suspension, "K" Frame and Headers.

Attached picture 7820231-440install028.JPG

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/20/13 01:33 AM

Well how much?
Posted By: bonefish

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/20/13 01:38 PM

Quote:

Well how much?

one day with Eddie and we have a "HUNKA HUNKA BURNIN DRAMA"

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/20/13 04:21 PM

I am changing my guess you may as well tell everyone before you get lynched

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/20/13 04:30 PM

There's only one reason to NOT post the number, after all that buildup.....

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/20/13 04:33 PM

Quote:

not

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/20/13 05:12 PM

Quote:

With it being turquoise and having a mechanical fuel pump how much power can it really make..............

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/20/13 05:32 PM

Awe, c'mon guys. I thought we already told you it made 946 HP. We think it would've made more if we had another 4 years of testing.
Posted By: dezduster

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/20/13 10:38 PM

No happy ending ? THAT'S JUST MEAN !!
Posted By: moparmanjames

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/21/13 12:57 AM

My Dyno says 474 hp and 507 tq running at 180 f.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/21/13 01:07 AM

Quote:

I can hear your dyno giggling and laughing from here.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/21/13 03:00 AM

I don't feel it's right just posting some numbers without the Dyno sheets to back it up. Anyone can make claims .......
I was warned waiting for Elvis to send the actual results may take a while so......

ok ok i'll tell
485 and 434

sheets to follow ( as soon as Elvis sends them )

Attached picture 7821764-8-17=13DYNO440022.JPG

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/21/13 03:03 AM

or was it 434 and 485?

Attached picture 7821768-440install029.JPG
Posted By: tobnHisglory

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/21/13 03:03 AM

Thanks for sharing and congrats on the new "baby"!

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/21/13 03:05 AM

on to the build.
wish me luck

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/21/13 04:22 AM

Quote:

I don't feel it's right just posting some numbers without the Dyno sheets to back it up. Anyone can make claims .......
I was warned waiting for Elvis to send the actual results may take a while so......

ok ok i'll tell
485 and 434

sheets to follow ( as soon as Elvis sends them )

Congrats, nice engine. I looked that cam up expecting something close to stock but it has a lot more duration at .050" and a nice 108 LSA.
I bet it sounds great at idle.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/21/13 04:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I can hear your dyno giggling and laughing from here.

Yeah maybe I was too generous on the intake port flow, I guessed at around 270cfm.
Edit- I put a set of bone stock 906's on it since I had the flow table - 442HP 480TQ-- ouch!

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/21/13 04:41 AM

Sounds like 434 HP and 485 lb/ft. Not bad numbers, but you're right.... what matters is where those numbers occur, and how flat the rest of the curve is.

Good luck getting it all together! Keep the posts coming.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/21/13 05:11 AM

Thanks for the flowers everyone
I started a post with some history on the car.
Some of the early pictures i have taken need to be resized before i can post them but i will skip over them for now and post what i can.
hope to see you all there, i know i will be asking alot of questions of you Mopar build pro's.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/21/13 11:23 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the flowers everyone
I started a post with some history on the car.
Some of the early pictures i have taken need to be resized before i can post them but i will skip over them for now and post what i can.
hope to see you all there, i know i will be asking alot of questions of you Mopar build pro's.

well where is this post

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/21/13 12:15 PM

build thread here

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...;gonew=1#UNREAD

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/21/13 01:00 PM

Nice numbers ...

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/21/13 01:41 PM

.?.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/21/13 03:50 PM

Quote:

.?.

My bad , I thought this engine was going in the satellite ??? I see by the linked thread above that it is going in a 70 A body ... carry on ...

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/21/13 08:25 PM

JohnRR,
any intention of attending some events near south Florida?
I would like to meet some of you guys/regulars on Moparts.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/21/13 09:08 PM

Be careful of what you wish for....you've met Dan AND Elvis both in one month....take some time to re-cover....

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/21/13 09:18 PM

Quote:

JohnRR,

you are going to have to venture out a little, SGMP mopar show next year and Garlits show in November.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/21/13 09:26 PM

Quote:

Be careful of what you wish for....you've met Dan AND Elvis both in one month....take some time to re-cover....

Hey, watch it punk, I resemble that remark.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/21/13 09:43 PM

Quote:

JohnRR,

I was down at Dan's shop within the last year, I get down to Fl. usually once a year.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/21/13 09:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I think you better pick on someone your own size....

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/21/13 10:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think you better pick on someone your own size....

Yeah, He's a little bigger than I am. Hmmm, now that you mention it, he's bigger than most. It doesn't matter, I'm so fast he'd think he was surrounded.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/21/13 10:57 PM

Not to Change topic but since you were saying about making to shows, I hope this Mega Mopar show at PBIR will be good, It will be the first time in many years that we have a Mopar event at the dragstrip. It is Sunday September 15 same guys are organizing a Ford show on Sat the 14th. maybe there will be some cross over with the swap meet and vendors.

I will have my Fury on the property, It will be on the show side but hope to make at least a half pass. we'll see.

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/22/13 12:23 AM

Quote:

Quote:

JohnRR,

you are going to have to venture out a little, SGMP mopar show next year and Garlits show in November.

I can only push so far!

Re: STEALTH HEADS AND PROFORM ROLLER ROCKER ISSUES! - 08/22/13 12:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

JohnRR,

I can only push so far!

well you are only limited to elvis and Sasquatch's brother down there
© 2024 Moparts Forums