Moparts

ATI Treemaster converters

Posted By: rebel

ATI Treemaster converters - 07/31/13 05:32 AM

anybody had experiance with these verters? i'm looking to buy a verter for a project i have in the wings & have been offered one of these units. it only has 50 documented runs on it. i know they're custom made for the application but the stall is in the ballpark for what i want & the price is less than half the going rate for a new one. just doing some research before i contemplate buying.
it was behind a 605 cubed Hemi producing 850 hp & stalled at 5000, i'm looking at about 600 hp & wanting a stall in the low mid 4's. who runs these verters?
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: ATI Treemaster converters - 07/31/13 12:39 PM

If you buy a converter that is not built for your combination what will you really save?
Posted By: ProSport

Re: ATI Treemaster converters - 07/31/13 12:40 PM

That's all I've ever ran in 3 different cars and loved all 3 of them. 2 of them were 9 second street/strip cars.
Posted By: MRMOPAR622

Re: ATI Treemaster converters - 07/31/13 01:46 PM

ATI Tree Master Converters

PS It would not be a bad idea to get the number off the converter(it should have a card with the # on it) and call ATI,if it is not close enough for what you need they can get it close enough to make it work!
Posted By: BradH

Re: ATI Treemaster converters - 07/31/13 03:02 PM

Quote:

... call ATI,if it is not close enough for what you need they can get it close enough to make it work!

For me, ATI's only an hour's drive away.

For the OP, they're about half way around the world. That makes shipping a converter back for a stall config change a lot less cost effective, I suspect.
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: ATI Treemaster converters - 07/31/13 03:11 PM

I have had great luck with the ATI converters for years and years....only a few customer service issues ( promises not kept), but all in all, very happy with the Treemasters. Almost all my customers run them.
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: ATI Treemaster converters - 07/31/13 06:23 PM

ATI is the only whay to go!!

Casey
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: ATI Treemaster converters - 07/31/13 09:27 PM

Quote:

Casey

Keep telling yourself that
Posted By: MRMOPAR622

Re: ATI Treemaster converters - 07/31/13 10:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:

... call ATI,if it is not close enough for what you need they can get it close enough to make it work!

For me, ATI's only an hour's drive away.

For the OP, they're about half way around the world. That makes shipping a converter back for a stall config change a lot less cost effective, I suspect.

I did not notice that,but if its an ATI it has a card with it that has the converter number on it,and it you give them a call before you buy it they can tell you for sure if it will work or not.And if it needs a stall change can give you a close price on what the total cost will be.I changed my engine combination once(went from 915-440-1 heads) with my older ATI and they told me I could get by with it and make it work with a gear change.
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: ATI Treemaster converters - 07/31/13 10:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Casey

Keep telling yourself that

LOL I am assuming your not a fan.. To each his own

Casey
Posted By: ro23car

Re: ATI Treemaster converters - 08/01/13 01:14 AM

i can say my expierience was not a pleasureable one. thas why i have a new 9in that is supposed to stall around 4500 for sale.
Posted By: 70blackfish

Re: ATI Treemaster converters - 08/01/13 03:50 PM

I have one, love it. runs cool temp too on the street.
Posted By: Dyno Donnie

Re: ATI Treemaster converters - 08/01/13 10:43 PM

How much for that 9" Is it for a 727
Posted By: Sport440

Re: ATI Treemaster converters - 08/02/13 12:28 AM

ATI , has one of the best reputations around my area. I rank them right up there with the bests.

I would Try the vert first to see will it will stall behind your combo if thats possible. If not Call ATI and get there opinion on it.
Posted By: 6bblFLASH

Re: ATI Treemaster converters - 08/02/13 06:27 PM

Quote:

ATI , has one of the best reputations around my area. I rank them right up there with the bests.

I would Try the vert first to see will it will stall behind your combo if thats possible. If not Call ATI and get there opinion on it.

Have nothing but praise about my ATI converter. Same one since 1991. Probably 2,500 runs. Works just like the day I ordered it
Posted By: ro23car

Re: ATI Treemaster converters - 08/02/13 08:49 PM

Quote:

How much for that 9" Is it for a 727

yes it is for a 727 and i sent you a pm.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: ATI Treemaster converters - 08/02/13 10:05 PM

Been very happy with every ATI converter I have purchased. They have won a lot of rounds for me. Having said that get the serial number and call ATI and see if it will work for you or not. Easy enough to do and the serial number is on the converter.
© 2024 Moparts Forums