Moparts

Will John Force drive a Mopar?

Posted By: sunroofgtx

Will John Force drive a Mopar? - 07/26/13 03:02 AM

http://www.dragracingonline.com/burksblast/xv_7-3.html

Oh man, if this is true !! This is really bad for Drag Racing.
Posted By: topside

Re: Will John Force drive a Mopar? - 07/26/13 04:39 AM

Interesting. All Fuel teams use a derivative of the 426 Hemi, and have for decades. So he already does drive a Mopar, only with a flying-saucer body with Ford decals, and "Ford" on the valve covers.
Might just be a Ford negotiating tactic with NHRA, but NHRA barely acknowledges anything outside the Pro classes, not just the Cobra Jet packages. Actually, as much as NHRA broadcasts feature the Force family, who almost always mention Ford, I'd say they're getting as much return on investment as any car brand, and more than some. Maybe Ford wants some concessions in Pro Stock.
I doubt many Avengers were bought due to AJ's PS wins, which might be why they advertise dealership services.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Will John Force drive a Mopar? - 07/26/13 05:36 AM

I still say, and with no disrespect for the Kalittas, that NHRA lost more than a few fans with the 1000' deal. SO to many fans all the records from the good ole 1320 days are all of a sudden irrelevant.
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Will John Force drive a Mopar? - 07/26/13 06:24 AM

Pro -motorsports in general is al making huge mistakes

NHRA , NASCAR both are off target

I hardly watch other than Pro-stock, and then once AJ is out

care less
Posted By: sixpackbee

Re: Will John Force drive a Mopar? - 07/26/13 01:38 PM

I would take this report with a grain of salt. Maybe the nitro part may have some creedence. Lord knows the Pro Stock prgram has not been what they wanted but the Cobra Jet deal is not going away any time soon. They have already tested the Grim Reaper 2014 version. There are a ton of those things out there and Ford has strong factory support for them. If I had the means I'd probaby have one. My old cars sure can't run with them or even close. Obsolete overnight.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Will John Force drive a Mopar? - 07/26/13 02:12 PM

Quote:

I would take this report with a grain of salt. Maybe the nitro part may have some creedence. Lord knows the Pro Stock prgram has not been what they wanted but the Cobra Jet deal is not going away any time soon. They have already tested the Grim Reaper 2014 version. There are a ton of those things out there and Ford has strong factory support for them. If I had the means I'd probaby have one. My old cars sure can't run with them or even close. Obsolete overnight.

Yep. Ford hasn't put a whole lot of money in P/S since the Glidden days, and they never gave Bob much either.

Burke's claim that Ford sat out 10 years is crap too. They took Bob's sponsorship and gave it straight to Force.

Again, I don't think the CJ program could be more successful. Guys standing in line to plunk down $100K for a Stocker. No car has shaken up Stocvk in the last 20 years like the CJ.
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Will John Force drive a Mopar? - 07/26/13 02:36 PM

http://www.nitromater.com/nhra/33347-ford-out-nhra.html
Posted By: dennismopar73

Re: Will John Force drive a Mopar? - 07/26/13 02:48 PM

Hard to say what really will happen,, but if ford drops out which I think they all ready have!
Watch for the NHRA to make whole sale changes!
every where , and big changes to what the run next year
One thing is for sure all the hater will get what they want in the few years given !
Posted By: turbobitt

Re: Will John Force drive a Mopar? - 07/26/13 05:53 PM

Well at least Larry Morgan can just change the badges on his engines and rebody his chassis.....

Allan G.
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: Will John Force drive a Mopar? - 07/26/13 06:06 PM

if NHRA cared about anybody besides their own pockets this wouldn't happen. Keep forcing the john force show down peoples throats and all you will get is john force fans.
Posted By: sixpackbee

Re: Will John Force drive a Mopar? - 07/26/13 08:40 PM

Quote:

Keep forcing the john force show down peoples throats and all you will get is john force fans.

I used to be a Force fan years ago but since this whole circus started I hardly care nor watch anymore.
Posted By: RBDuster

Re: Will John Force drive a Mopar? - 07/26/13 09:21 PM

JFR will go where the dollar leads them.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Will John Force drive a Mopar? - 07/27/13 12:12 AM

Toyota.
Posted By: coronetville

Re: Will John Force drive a Mopar? - 07/27/13 02:22 AM

Whoever gives him the most $$$$$
© 2024 Moparts Forums