Moparts

Painless has a deal for a racer!

Posted By: BJS racing

Painless has a deal for a racer! - 12/09/08 09:45 PM

We are just finishing up our 50005 8 circuit race harness. Here's the fun part. Someone will get a free one. But, yes theres a but, we will give you the harness only if it can be installed and give us feed back by christmas. Now most of you guys know me personally or through the board here. If you go to the link below you can see a pic of the set up that you will be getting for your feed back and install feed back on our newest product. I originally designed this set up for guys like us. It is EVERYTHING you need to wire your race car. The only thing you would need to make it a street car would be our 30120 turn signal kit. I have to have someone picked out for this install by thursday. So PM me with your info and I'll let you know all the requirements.

Jason Hamner
Painless Performance
Tech. Support
Posted By: Blucuda413

Re: Painless has a deal for a racer! - 12/09/08 09:48 PM

Jason, linky missing!!!
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Painless has a deal for a racer! - 12/09/08 09:53 PM

And my car already has one of your 8 circuit kits

Maybe if I wasn't so sick of working on it from this past season

Re: Painless has a deal for a racer! - 12/09/08 09:56 PM

Quote:

Jason, linky missing!!!

Yeah I was just coming back to do that. Things move quick guys. Mopartony is actually going to be doing the install. But here is the link to the harness and switch panel on our site.

http://www.painlessperformance.com/webcatalog/Keywordsearch.php?partsearch=50005

Re: Painless has a deal for a racer! - 12/09/08 10:37 PM

Oh and btw this is the only place I posted this up on. It was going to go to one of you guys or noone!
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Painless has a deal for a racer! - 12/09/08 11:03 PM

Quote:

Oh and btw this is the only place I posted this up on. It was going to go to one of you guys or noone!

Me,Me Pick Me
Posted By: wldtm

Re: Painless has a deal for a racer! - 12/10/08 01:51 AM

i might have a bracket dakota that needs one in my dads truck. i will ask him. i would have to have it installed by the 24th because we would be living then for my in-laws. we test fitted the musclecar kit on his hemi dart when that kit came out a few years ago.

justin

ps i am still working on coming to texas to see a "real" install
Posted By: sc4579

Re: Painless has a deal for a racer! - 12/10/08 01:57 AM

I already did one of those Jason over a year ago in my other Dart Sport I sold to Jake Pitt. It was an 8 circuit switch panel and 8 switch in dash panel. Turned out real nice and only took me most of a Sunday to do it. Here is a pic of it in the dash, did not take one of the fuse/relay panel under the dash. Kim

Attached picture 4869024-020.JPG
Posted By: PolyDart

Re: Painless has a deal for a racer! - 12/10/08 02:26 AM

I like the new switches. I saw the panel at SEMA and knew that was going to go into my car

I saw in your catalog that you also have an 8 switch box with the new switches. Will that be available as a kit with the harness as well, or can you only get the 6 switch panel with the harness???
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Painless has a deal for a racer! - 12/10/08 02:30 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Jason, linky missing!!!

Yeah I was just coming back to do that. Things move quick guys. Mopartony is actually going to be doing the install. But here is the link to the harness and switch panel on our site.

http://www.painlessperformance.com/webcatalog/Keywordsearch.php?partsearch=50005

Well I was thinking of redoing all of my electrical
and if Tony is doing the install, he's close to me
a couple of miles
Posted By: wldtm

Re: Painless has a deal for a racer! - 12/10/08 02:36 AM

Quote:

i might have a bracket dakota that needs one in my dads truck. i will ask him. i would have to have it installed by the 24th because we would be living then for my in-laws. we test fitted the musclecar kit on his hemi dart when that kit came out a few years ago.

justin

ps i am still working on coming to texas to see a "real" install

jason, i would be interested in installing this between the 20th and 24th of decemeber. engine is about finished being assembled, but would not be installed. but i could test all circuits if need be. thanks for the offer to us moparts members

justin
Posted By: Keith Richards

Re: Painless has a deal for a racer! - 12/10/08 02:46 AM

Jason, I have the same painless switch set up that SC4579 has in his above picture. I took this unit out of a wrecked race car and need the box for it that makes it a rollbar mount. Do you sell those individually?

thanks, Keith

Re: Painless has a deal for a racer! - 12/11/08 01:49 PM

Quote:

I like the new switches. I saw the panel at SEMA and knew that was going to go into my car

I saw in your catalog that you also have an 8 switch box with the new switches. Will that be available as a kit with the harness as well, or can you only get the 6 switch panel with the harness???

The kit that I'm showing is only set up for the 6 switch panel. If you wanted to do an 8 switch set up you would use what Kim used. The 50202 and the 50001 part numbers. The one I designed (50005) was so that it could more easily fit in a dragster or small cockpit car as well as full bodied race cars and give you an additional relay for use with either a line lock or trans. brake. If you notice there will be a lot of delay box manufaturers that will tell you it may be necissary to use a relay to get the trans. brake to work properly. I took all the problems I've run across wiring race cars and put it into this kit to hopefully give everything needed for just about any level of a racer.

Re: Painless has a deal for a racer! - 12/11/08 01:50 PM

Quote:

Jason, I have the same painless switch set up that SC4579 has in his above picture. I took this unit out of a wrecked race car and need the box for it that makes it a rollbar mount. Do you sell those individually?

thanks, Keith

You have a pm!
Posted By: Keith Richards

Re: Painless has a deal for a racer! - 12/11/08 02:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

thanks, Keith

You have a pm!

Jason, Thanks for taking care of me! Keith

Re: Painless has a deal for a racer! - 12/11/08 05:03 PM

Well everyone, the decision was made (of course after I posted this) that they are not going to do a pre release install. Thanks for all your reply's. Sorry about the outcome. But they will be available for sale in about a week or two through any of our dealers.

Jason
Posted By: mopartony

Re: Painless has a deal for a racer! - 12/11/08 07:56 PM

Great!! Now I have speghetti on my garage floor!!!

Just kidding. Jason thanks for thinking of my on this.

I am thinking I will want to try one of these harnesses. We have talked about the issues in the Duster.

What does one of these little gems run cost wise?

Re: Painless has a deal for a racer! - 12/11/08 08:37 PM

Quote:

I am thinking I will want to try one of these harnesses. We have talked about the issues in the Duster.

Well its your fault you have spaghetti on your floor. Your a messy eater man!

List on the harness is $999.95. So you will more than likely see it at somewhere around $750 through most of the dealers. If you price a switch panel and a 50001 it actually comes out a little cheaper and is set up a little better.

Re: Painless has a deal for a racer! - 12/11/08 08:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

List on the harness is $999.95. So you will more than likely see it at somewhere around $750 through most of the dealers. If you price a switch panel and a 50001 it actually comes out a little cheaper and is set up a little better.

Yeah I guess I should not eat in the garage.

a grand, ouch a little pricey for me. It may have to wait and I will have to dive in and see if there is an issue or if the driver/owner is just parinoid.

Re: Painless has a deal for a racer! - 12/11/08 08:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

a grand, ouch a little pricey for me. It may have to wait and I will have to dive in and see if there is an issue or if the driver/owner is just parinoid.

Man like I said. That is list! I don't know anyone that pays list. That is unless your one of those stubborn bastards that has to get it directly from the manufacturer. Typically the end user will pay Jobber or just a touch over Jober which is where the $750ish price came from. But think about what you spent on what you have there now and you'll notice its not a whole lot more!

Re: Painless has a deal for a racer! - 12/11/08 09:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Man like I said. That is list! I don't know anyone that pays list. That is unless your one of those stubborn bastards that has to get it directly from the manufacturer. Typically the end user will pay Jobber or just a touch over Jober which is where the $750ish price came from. But think about what you spent on what you have there now and you'll notice its not a whole lot more!

True, I just need to go through it and see where the issue is. Call it lazy or just afraid of wiring. I will go with the second.

Re: Painless has a deal for a racer! - 12/11/08 09:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

True, I just need to go through it and see where the issue is. Call it lazy or just afraid of wiring. I will go with the second.

Yeah I'll go with the second also! You looked lost when I was the one working on it!
Posted By: yellowsubNSS

Re: Painless has a deal for a racer! - 12/11/08 09:25 PM

is this basically what we put in the sub? I like it so far or at least until someone pinches a wire! LOL
Are you ever going to come over and get that motor?

SW

Re: Painless has a deal for a racer! - 12/11/08 09:29 PM

Steve, its a refined version of whats in the sub and it uses a little different style of switch. Yes I actually forgot all about that motor. I thought Mike was going to get it. I'll give you a call and we'll work out the time on when and where I need to get it. Is it still at your dads old house? I need to get that fuel jug and the air gauge as well one of these days.
Posted By: yellowsubNSS

Re: Painless has a deal for a racer! - 12/11/08 09:32 PM

yea, its still there. I think the guage and stuff is in the race trailer and I keep it there. Will need to borrow the neighbors tractor to hoist it. Will wait for a decent day not since freezing or azzes over it.

SW

Re: Painless has a deal for a racer! - 12/11/08 09:38 PM

Sounds good. But if we wait for warmer weather that might take a while!
Posted By: PolyDart

Re: Painless has a deal for a racer! - 07/31/09 11:30 PM

I bought my 50005 several months ago and just got around to installing it. Turned out that the pink and yellow wires were switched around in the factory wired relay/fuse block causing all sorts of problems which were only diagnosed when I pulled the relay/fuse box out and saw the problem right in front of me.

Of course when I called tech support they thought it must be a wiring problem on my end when the fuel pump came on with the ignition, and the MSD box would only light up when the fuel pump switch was thrown

Finally got it figured out and fixed. Just wanted to add this to the thread in case someone else stumbles across the same problem. Unfortunately my first experience with Painless wasn't

Might be a good idea to build a test setup so that the factory wiring can be verified before shipment.
© 2024 Moparts Forums